Will DC allow Bendis to ruin decades of continuity?

simple question

Will Bendis have editors to DC?
He often doesnt understand how the powers of a character work (he gave fire breath and Rogue style power absorption to Sauron, telekinesis and telepathy in diamond form to the Stepford Cuckoos)
And he ruined over half a century of comics that feature Iceman.
Those panels I posted above have to be seen as the over reaction of a closetted homosexual now pretending to be straight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/387dijGfipg
youtu.be/-qWUj_ZXNvU
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96778685/
youtu.be/uxpDa-c-4Mc
newsarama.com/37923-scott-sndyer-on-dark-nights-metal-4-batman.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DC continuity is usually far looser than Marvel's. If something doesn't work, they'll quickly ignore it or hard retcon it.

No, because DC has actual editors

>DC
>Decades of continuity

I mean, let's be fair. If anyone in the X-Men is a closeted homo, it's going to be Iceman.

can a character go from straight to gay after a Flashpoint or Crisis style reboot?

>DC
>Continuity
Pick one

As did Marvel, but their editors got tired of dealing with Bendis’s constant whining and just ignored him all together. Get ready man, cause Bendis is going to run DC right into the ground. I wanted him gone from Marvel, but not like this, dear god not like this. How much do you want to bet that he’ll push to write Shazam? Because we all know how he loves to write crap that has a live action depiction either airing or on the way.

You should read up on Alan Scott.

>How much do you want to bet that he’ll push to write Shazam? Because we all know how he loves to write crap that has a live action depiction either airing or on the way.

Depends on if Johns lets him.

We won't know until he actually puts something out but oh boy it'll be shit!!!

He's writing 5 of his favorite characters within the first year.

He's probably going to be writing an event by his second year.

They didn't get Bendis to treat him like some D list writer they got from Boom.

He’ll let him, Johns has his head too far up his own ass right now to care about anything other than desperately trying to make himself Moore 2.0

Wally literally turned black and years of his character development and his family went down the toilet. so anything can and will happen.

What do you think that would look like, to have Bendis write the Big Red Cheese?

Pic unrelated?

We all know he want to do films and tv shit and he moved there because they promise that will let him do that, he'll go to Green Lantern Corps to kill Hal Jordan and put John Stewart in charge

I expect it to look great, Bendis always hogs the best artists, but it would read something like pic related

>Those panels I posted above have to be seen as the over reaction of a closetted homosexual now pretending to be straight.
More like setting the groundwork for Jean deciding how to "help" Bobby get over his feelings for Lorna.

To be fair, that's not on main earth. Hopefully it doesn't carry over.

>I mean, let's be fair. If anyone in the X-Men is a closeted homo, it's going to be Iceman.

That's not how you spell "Storm", user.

Yeah cross-timeline X-Men are totally not comparable to cross-dimensional JSA.
Brainlet.

>Will DC allow Bendis to ruin decades of continuity?

No. But only because DC DOESN'T HAVE DECADES OF CONTINUITY. The did a hard reset with Flashpoint. They've got like, 7 years of continuity and decades of optionally available story references.

You do realize that miniseries is basically him trying to hook up with a hot neighbor of his parents, right? It fails because she's the daughter of Oblivion.

>Bendis tries to ruin one of Johns's favorite characters
>Bendis gets pummeled to a pulp and forced to eat cereal

DELET

I do t think Johns would mind so much as he is currently ruining someone else’s comics

kill all mutants

All these panels show is that Roy Thomas doesn't respect Lee and Kirby's characterization of Iceman like Bendis does.

One moment.

youtu.be/387dijGfipg

youtu.be/-qWUj_ZXNvU

#Atrazine

desuarchive.org/co/thread/96778685/
Someone at DC knows he's shit, since the picture was taken in the proofreading office.

youtu.be/uxpDa-c-4Mc

Okay

&

Ban!

Lee & Kirby were making things up as they went along, and took a few issues to solidify the characters of who the original X-Men were, but their initial portrayal of Iceman was as the youngest member of the group, very childish and immature. His line here is intended to show he hasn't "discovered" girls yet, not to imply that he's gay.

>Gays deliberately misreading things to pretend a character is gay

That's always going to happen, doesn't mean anyone should seriously indulge them.

I'm going to pretend this isn't bait, in case anyone is dumb enough to use this.

>Thinking 60's social climate in the 1960's would have been accepted gay hints after 'Seduction of the Innocent' being published not even a decade before
>Not understanding boys/girls go through icky 'cooties' phases of hating the other gender until puberty

next you'll tell me Susan Storm in the original Kirby/Lee FF run was evidence of her growing in personality and the start of a long journey to her being an independent woman and not just being the token female imbued with traditional gender roles and cliches

I love Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, but they're products of their time and should be understood in that context.

Oops, I still ended up taking the bait...

Whatever Bendis does to fuck up Superman or anyone else in DC I'll just ignore like I ignored the cancerous NewMetal52, so fuck it.

>>Bendis tries to ruin one of Johns's favorite characters

Wally is one of Johns favorites... Just as barry

You mean just Stan Lee is the product of their time.
Kirby tried to have Sue (and Jean) do cool shit but Lee would then put some thought bubble about how nervous she is about messing stuff up and there would a narration box explain that oh it was Xavier or Reed who really did it.

alternate Earths don't count

That was supposed to be THE Alan Scott at the time though. He was an E2 character originally and there was no E1 Alan Scott in the beginning of the new 52. It was only after the E2 book crashed and burned that they stepped back and decided to tease/reveal that there were still the classic characters on the main Earth just forgotten somehow.

Except it was meant to be THE Alan Scott and he and the rest of Earth 2 would have a crossover with Johns' JL just like the old JSA/JLA crossovers

THE Alan Scott

DC already ruined its own continuity, I don't see what Bendis can do worse

>DC
>caring about continuity

pick one

>but muh reboots

Yeah yeah. If those worked they'd never have needed a second one.

You've got that backwards, friend. If DC's continuity doesn't work, they hard-reset the entire universe.

If Marvel's doesn't work, they just ignore the problems.There's a whole run of War Machine from the 90s that nobody ever talks about; there's years of Spidey stories that couldn't have happened because he simply didn't have time to do them, but there they are. If it doesn't fit, you just ignore the problem until you can think of a way to make it fit.

Bendis won't last a year.

It's Chuck Austen all over again and in this case, Bendis is taking over a book franchise that was saved from near death via the horror of Nu52 Superman.

Bendis doesn't sell well anymore and Superman fans don't take shit and they are quite happy with the Superman version of Claremont (Dan Jurgens) and Tomasi writing the book. And after his rape of Iceman, no one is going to tolerate him radically changing shit.

Best case scenario is that they give Bendis 12 issues (double shipped) to get a single Bendis TPB out of him before they move him to another book. And Bendis will be heavily controlled by editors vetoing him the moment he pulls any of his shit

Mike cotton fucked us

>just turn your brain off bro

>Bendis attempts to turn Stargirl into DC's bicycle just like he did Kitty Pryde
I know it will never happen, but I want Johns to lose his shit over something like this

That is a very fair point to make

At this point, DC should just give Bendis a John Stewart ongoing but with the cavet that John is completely isolated from the rest of the DC Universe so he can't fuck up shit.

Hell, outright call said hypothetical Bendis book "Green Lantern Mosaic": John gets stationed to an alien world on the edge of explored space to be space sheriff. The planet is a cowboy planet filled with all sorts of alien races and Bendis is basically contained to that book for the length of his contract.

More likely Bendis would fridge/turn Courtney pure evil (like her bio-father) and have STRIPES' bio son (who Geoff repeatedly shitted on/had Courtney steal his birthright) reclaim the Star Spangled Kid identity.

Why didn't they just give him Duke? If he's on Superman, I could see him pushing Steel

Stan did this to Sue and Jean in the FF and X-Men comics Kirby worked on, but in the post-Kirby Avengers, Stan wrote Wanda as doing important things like defeating villains and saving the team.

Bendis can't do cosmic

Duke is Snyder's pet and Bendis would defile him to make Duke HIS. Just like how he raped Luke Cage.

Funny... Stargirl doesn't look Jewish... :)

I feel sorry for snyder, johns is a cunt to him.

I still don't see the point of giving Bruce another young sidekick only he's black now.

Bendis "ruining" Duke would only piss off Snyder, fuck both of them I say
Demographics. Batfam really didnt need new people

I forgot all about Spotlight, yeah Bendis can take him, it’ll help him get over the loss of his son Miles

The only issue with that though is Bendis making Batman wank over Duke saying how much better of a crime fighter he is

>So there are overlaps. They were made in conjunction with each other. We both wanted to make sure neither story stepped on the other. And also, it was just for fun, to see what each other was doing, because we get very few chances, me and him, to work together.

>Nrama: He's working other areas of DC Entertainment now.

>Snyder: Yeah! He's been out there for so many years, and he's involved in so much stuff between the TV stuff and the movie stuff. So it was a real thrill to get to kind of do this whole …. he has a thing in his office that's like a wall-sized whiteboard, and we just put everything up.

>newsarama.com/37923-scott-sndyer-on-dark-nights-metal-4-batman.html

Snyder doesn't even see Johns most of the time. What are you projecting about?

It won’t be Batman you silly billy, first it will be Tim, then Dick, then Jason, and then Damian will admit that he’s always secretly admired Duke

DC editors have already allowed Priest to write Baz and Jessica out of character even though you only need to read a few issues of one run to get them. Bendis is going to run roughshod.

That bisexual whore...

It's for this reason that I think Bendis is in for a wold of hurt when it comes to writing for DC. Back then he may have been able to get away with his garbage but now that DC is on the up and up, there are going to be people pushing Bendis' shit in

>Storm
>Closeted

Pick one

How would Bendis write this scene Sup Forums?

Wally went from from being a hardcore Conservative to a SJW.
Superman went from a proud Kryptonian who upheld the culture of his people to a dumb burger who loved apple pie.
Hawkman kept juggling between a conservative and a bleedingheart liberal.

This. DC is pretty quick to react to stuff that's not working out. The worst they do is straight up ignore it but they never stick with someone people don't like or isn't selling well. I say this because even though anons hate the new Harley Quinn she still sells well so they're not going to change her.

There aren't enough dialogue bubbles.

>You've got that backwards, friend. If DC's continuity doesn't work, they hard-reset the entire universe.

I didn't get anything backwards.

Remember Roy Thomas' Shazam reboot miniseries right after COIE? Got completely ignored when Jerry Ordway's Power of Shazam graphic novel was published, months before Zero Hour. No hard rebooting involved in that one, unless they somehow tried to claim that Zero Hour caused the Power of Shazam to override the events of the Shazam mini.

And the COIE merged Earths, it didn't automatically change history other than everyone always living on there. At the time (until Byrne's Man of Steel) many superheroes remembered there used to be multiple Earths. Superman's final story before Byrne's Man of Steel reboot was either Moore's Whatever Happened or Steve Gerber's DC Comics Presents, depending on which you choose.

Red hair girl has Lebron James hairline.

Johns is /our/guy.

Johns usually either ignores or retcons away shit he doesn't like eventually.

There are specific things dc frequenty retcons.
The main example being wondys origin.

I don't mind johns but he needs to be less anal about her.

Johns ruins his favorite characters anyway.
He ruined black manta (he wrote him very well but the origin was shit)
Ma parents for flash
And the entire lantern corps with rainbows.

Then have it set fully on that planet.
Maybe it's a pre space travel planet and his rings flight capability is broken.

Original?
I think I recgnize the page but I can't guess at the dialogue.

Shazam: The Monster Society of Evil

Or non-cosmic. You point?

Is that Yukio or Jubilee feeding Storm grapes?

That's some retarded dialgue.

Here buddy, this one is better.

"SHAZ- uh, hmm. Well, no. Ah, *ahem* maybe. Yeah, ah, yeah. It's ... it's a whole thing to do this. A whole thing, y'know? Like, does ... uh, does anyone even ... ah, shit. Fuck it. SHAZAM!"

Nope.jpg