Anyone else think the concept of keldor is fucking stupid...

Anyone else think the concept of keldor is fucking stupid? Skeletors cooler when he was just some wizard he degenerated into a zombie through old age and black magic, not a faggy mustache twirling pretty boy. Its even more dumb when demo man is factored into the equation, so then its not even keldor being skeletor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tgVnR7_W0bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>just some wizard he degenerated into a zombie through old age and black magic

That was never the case you retard.

That was more the implication when he was on the cartoon. Even the original version of him being a demon wouldve been cooler

Personally, I hate the "skipped in the line for the throne" trope because it makes everyone seem retarded. Like, NO ONE could foresee that the guy that can do magic and shit would be upset about not getting the throne for some bullshit reason?

WITCH did it too and it was fucking stupid.

Agreed, its a fucking overused trope that wasnt even good to begin with. I hate this trend also after star wars where everything has to be connected, like skeletor being randors half brother just like fucking loki is to thor, and how skeletor is adams uncle.

Eat shit, I like the Demo Man angle.

It wasn't an implication either, it was an assumption people made in lieu of any info.
His demon background was also completely lacking in substance.

If anything they should have made him the prince or king of a land Randor conquered to unite Eternia. Give him some pathos without the family dram bullshit.

>I like the Demo Man angle
>liking skeletor not having his personality and even his skull face not be his own, but another demons influance from possessing him, thereby neutering alot of skeletors dignity and personality
Im not the one eating toy gurus shit happily, user

>It wasn't an implication either, it was an assumption people made in lieu of any info.
It made sense considering this is based off of robert e howard books and that was a common trope in it
>His demon background was also completely lacking in substance.
It was cooler and alot more dignified then skeletor originally looking like freddie mercury
>If anything they should have made him the prince or king of a land Randor conquered to unite Eternia. Give him some pathos without the family dram bullshit.
Agreed, wouldve been much more compelling and make more sense for skeletor

There is no Skeletor without Demo Man, therefore Skeletor inherently has all of those traits. Your argument makes no sense, but yeah, okay, enjoy your contrarian position.

>There is no Skeletor without Demo Man
Thats exactly why i hate it, basically making it so skeletor isnt his own person and just the by product of some demon they made up on a whim
>enjoy your contrarian position.
You do know most fans didnt like that relevation, right?

>It made sense considering this is based off of robert e howard books and that was a common trope in it

Which is why I called it an assumption. Also, that isn't what Freddy looked like at all. If anything he looks like a young Vincent Price.

>Also, that isn't what Freddy looked like at all. If anything he looks like a young Vincent Price.
I was referring to more the facial structure and hair, but i see your point there too.

Better yet, lets discuss why the He-man franchise is dead because of old fan's tendencies to eat the young and limit it to an aging fanbase.

Haven't interacted with any members of the fanbase before, what's so bad about them?

>lets discuss why the He-man franchise is dead because of old fan's tendencies to eat the young and limit it to an aging fanbase.
How so? I thought it was because mattel hasnt made any new significant media in 15 years. And im anticipating the movie being fucking shit

Anything from the newer series is utterly shat on by hardcore purists or any attempt at making new fiction is met with complete skepticism and apathy. OP's issue is a prime example, its a concept toyed with in the old comics but really introduced in the 2k3 series, but sicne its not from the precious 80's cartoon and because OP probably had his own idea of what skeletor should be from when he was a kid, it must be garbage and not good.

I want the Skeletor Dimension to return.

If they made him more like a more classic sorcerer rather then an incompetent looking handsome douche who looks too young and stupid to ever be cunning or smart. My issue has alot to do with how they made keldor look and act, skeletor shouldve never been a teen heartthrob looking fucker

I like how you've demonstrated that you have nothing but a superficial outsider's perspective on things. The old guard HATES filmation more than MYP, by a country mile. The "precious" thing among the hardcores that is used as the basis for all things good would be the minicomics and concept work, you know-nothing poseur putz. Stop trying to insert fictitious venom where it doesn't exist, just to make it seem like the fandom is as out of control as something like Star wars. It's pathetic on your end.

Fucking right? Thor using that old trope with Loki is so fucking dumb? Literally a thousand movies have done it before your shitty unoriginal OC's did. Fuck you Disney.

>i dont agree with someone so ill misuse their argument in an ironic way in order to humiliate them

Welp, you outed me, I'm not an "insider" MOTU fan, because thats precisely the bullshit I found when I tried to be way back as a kid trying to get into it.

The Netflix series about the toys was pretty neat.

I got into it in 2010 when i was in highschool, and if i could do it then theres no excuse for you.

Fun fact, Skeletor is a lich who's Phylactery is the universe itself.

Maybe you're an asshole? I know lots of people that I've met online that came into the fandom because of the Big Lots toy bonanza and the only frame of reference they had was 200X, but now they're more hardcore than me.

>because of the Big Lots toy bonanza
What figures were released in that? I only saw a couple there

When I tried it was the mid 2000's and between TMNT 2k3 and Transformers I didn't want to bother after that. Still like MOTU from an aesthetic standpoint. Have a few figures.

Off the top of my head: Adora, Catra, Megator, Moss Man, Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Icarius, Carnivus, Dactus, Marzo, Faceless One, Snout Spout, Adam/Orko, the Mo-Larr set, and I kind of remember hearing about the Vykron set showing up but I never saw it. I'm sure there's one or two more. Maybe BG Teela?

>because of old fan's tendencies to eat the young
He-Man fans eat children?

I wish i found sy klone, the only ones i found were moss man and the mo larr set

no probably a rumor spread by thos thundercats fans

Some areas got absolutely picked clean by scalpers. Thankfully there's a lot of Big Lots in my city so I was able to find most of them. I had Catra in-hand but stupidly put it back, wish I hadn't. Still don't have her in my collection.

I prefer the origin in which that is just how his race looks and there's an entire dimension out there just full of inexplicably ripped, skeleton faced people.

Ah, here it is. Hadn't noticed someone had already posted it.

That's the things that happens in every popular franchise, star trek, star war, transformer.....
Could someone tell me why there's always seems to be this conflicts between new fans and old fans ?
For example, I never get where the hate of ewok comes from, I love them from the first time I saw Return of the Jedi and still do now.

You're asking us why humans are possessive of things and guard what is familiar to them?

>I never get where the hate of ewok comes from, I love them from the first time I saw Return of the Jedi and still do now.
I always thought they were boring as a kid compared to all the other cool aliens in star wars(this is coming from someone who hates chewbacca because hes overrated, dont understand why they couldnt have made a design like hammerhead hans co pilot rather then a dumb 6 foot dog), but now i hate them because they are a literal caveman tier civilization beating the empires finest and making a mockery of them, which i think is fucking stupid and unrealistic. Besides, the prequels were worse then anything in ROTJ, and the sequels which were supposed to make star wars great again were somehow even worse then the prequels.

The onus is on the creators to NOT pander exclusively to old fags and to try new things to see what works and what doesn't.

Compare He-Man to Transformers.

Yeah, you have geewuners and Hasbro does throw them bones frequently, but they weren't afraid to try Beast Wars, or Animated, or Rescuebots, all of which tried new takes on characters, design elements, etc.

I disagree, the half brother things is actually pretty interesting, the 2000's cartoon just didn't explore this concept well.
They new comic however did a better job explore his relationship with his brother.
And think about it, it made sense that he's the king's brother, he had another half of the power sword.

Because usually new fans will only watch the new thing and flood the fandom with whatever is something vastly different.

Not entirely true, i hate rescue bots and RID. But yes, animated, prime, and beast wars are even better then G1, and thats coming from someone who loved watching all the original episodes on the hub

I still think its a cheesy and lame trope that medias been using for years to try to make everything “CONNECTED AND DEEP”. I mean, just look at TMNT 2014 and project renaissance
>And think about it, it made sense that he's the king's brother, he had another half of the power sword.
Didnt he find that himself, along with the havoc staff?

Speaking as someone who was watching vhs transformers episodes in 1992 and could quote the entire movie by the age of 6 beastwars and animated were better than the original by far.

Nope, I disagree and liked the remake, such as it was.

I dont even hate the reboot, i just think the revised origin of skeletors fucking stupid, mostly because of the characterization they made of his pre skeletor identity

Hating RID and Rescue Bots is perfectly fine.

The point is that they at least TRIED it. They said "hey, let's make preschool Transformers! Let's try 'monster of the week/police cadet Bumblebee'" It was something new, for better or worse.

Compare with Mattel's handling of He-Man.

Do you think they would ever try a preschool show centred around Orko?
Or a show where a rag-tag group of younger Masters (excluding He-Man in the same way RID mostly excluded Optimus for a while) track down and arrest various villains?

Hell, I doubt they would even try a He-Man Animated style show with a simplified artstyle.

It suits his voice, I think.

I agree they should try something new, especially since how masters was supposed to be an anthology toy line with he man not always being the main protagonist. Id love to see a series about different characters in each season or arc being the MC, all with the surrounding theme of trying to become “master of the universe”

The concept of Keldor is an interesting parable to She-Ra.
Hordak corrupted one King Miros childs, like he corrupted one of Randors childs years later.
Except Adora broke free, which could be a foreshadowing for Keldor.

Modern Masters of the Universe is basically a story about the redemption of Skeletor.

>Skeletor
>redemption

But user...

But that's just for hardcore new fans right ? I know many younger generation of star war fans who not only watched the prequels but also the original, and they like all of them (although I did agree that younger generation fans sometimes did seem to not have the concept of what "classic" means and thus become a bit disrespectful . Like I talked to some kid friend if my, who love star war too, he literally asked me why the sword fight in 456 are so slow compare to 123 deapit he likes all 6 of the films.

Not really, id think someone more like a sleezy squeaky voiced sorcerer that looks weird and not nearly as charming.

In my opinion this is the best Skeletor
youtu.be/tgVnR7_W0bo
How did he goes from

Never have i hated a design so much yet loved the characterization to forgive it. Movie skeletor was awesome, especially during the god scene

someone who had leard the Christmas spirit like and bond with two kind kids back to evil overlord again ? Shouldn't skeletor start doing good after his first experience on earth, instead he becomes more scary evil and confident to a point he actually won and take over (as showed in the beginning of the film)
And apparently he may had also defeat
Hordak like some fans point out, because he has robot army in the film.
That doesn't sounds and looks like some one who had leard Christmas spirit and the found the feeling of love

eh trying to fit Movie MOTU in with the cartoon is a really dumb idea

> hardcore new fans
Yeah. I don't mind little kids or the more mainstream fans because they eventually forget about it or it becomes "oh yeah, I like it" to them, but take Star Trel for example - the new Kirk and Spock are significantly worse in their relationship, mostly because they were confined to three movies rather than a show, but there are newer fans who swear they're the best thing since sliced bread. Same for Uhura, who went from a non character to a bitchy girlfriend, who people insist is an example of female empowerwent.

I know they are separate universe, I was just joking.

This is what i came here to post

>a bitchy girlfriend, who people insist is an example of female empowerwent.
>being a fucking asshole means youre empowerd
No wonder feminists dont have any social skills and screech whenever someone disagrees with them

People want her so badly to be some badass that takes shit from no man without realizing that you really can't have her be like that AND be spock's girlfriend because it undermines the aspect of him wanting to be a super vulcan. Logically speaking, Uhura would have to take over Kirk's place as his emotional support but she didn't because of plot.

post cute skeletors

And everybody forgets the Music Cassets Versions, where they just tooked all Evil of Earth and manifested it in him.

Keldor actually added a lot more depth to Skeletor's background story. The DC MOTU comics especially did a great job with Keldor.

I dont like it, its too normal and subdued for someone who will become skeletor. I am glad they changed the design from the 200x series, however

Nope it's not. Skeletor remains always a power hungry villain in the modern MOTU. Only that with Keldor's background, we can understand his motivations.

the glowing eye circles make it look like he's trying to avoid eye contact

No it's not normal. And actually gave to He-Man his family, and Eternia a moral grey situation, instead of the typical good vs evil stuff.

The actual character is too normal personality wise, user. I wasnt talking about the situation they were in.

The glowing eyes are part of Skeletor's powers since Alcala's mini comics and the vintage figure of course.

Battleground Teela was one of the most common of the Big Lots MOTUC figures dumped there. It sold for shit (because it didn't even resemble Teela, who's actual figure was only released once and going for $100-200 bucks and fans didn't want an INO figure with the name slapped to it).

Actually it's not. Keldor's personality is complicated. He is a born leader, but he was denied his right to the throne. He was a mage, an alchemist and a conqueror, before his transformation to Skeletor. His toxic relationship with Evil-Lyn is also very interesting how it was developed.

This reminds me of the time I was working a morning shift at a coffee shop and all the old guys were talking about sports and one started shouting how this one player would be good as long as he doesn't let a woman ruin him, CAUSE WOMEN RUIN GOOD GUYS

The Teela that was dubbed "Battleground" is comic accurate. It's just not a well known look for her. There's nothing "INO" about her.

Who's the character ? Skeletora' s son ?

Hes not as off the wall or charismatic as skeletor, among other things, and hes too good looking to the point it makes him seem stupid and more of an insult to skeletor. Also, skeleteen is a shit character and the writers behind it should be ashamed of themselves.

Evil Lyn's dad it looks like.

Yes, Deon, Keldor and Evil-Lyn's son, that Evil-Lyn send to the future, fearing Keldor's reaction after his transformation to Skeletor. Deon wears a skull mask to honour his father.

>Anyone else think the actual cannon that has been there since the beginning sucks, and my fanfiction is better?

It's not so much women as it is men's thirsts. Good men overcome that shit stupid easy, smart men raise above it. There are just a lot more men that see a women willing to give them attention and they are willing to burn everything to the ground in hopes that women will be theirs.

Actually Skeletor without Keldor is just a former minion of Hordak. Skeletor with Keldor is far more than just the clown from the old cartoon.

What made Keldor interesting is that he's sympathetic but not innocent.
The comic showed that he's being contracting with evil forced secretly for a long time . The good uncle good brother is always seems to be a half truth half take act

>Actually Skeletor without Keldor is just a former minion of Hordak.
So, he still was as keldor
>Skeletor with Keldor is far more than just the clown from the old cartoon.
He wasnt a clown, fuck you you probably didnt even watch the old series faggot

Blame your beloved Lou Scheimer that created Skeleteen. He is one of his MOTU concepts that fortunately never appeared in an animated series.

Which time did Thor steal it from MOTU? When Stan Lee made the comic in 62 or when the Norse made it up in the 800's?

You are just a Failmation fanatic, that doesn't know nothing about Skeletor, except that shitty cartoon. Keldor has a long story long as Prince and then outcast, before he became Hordak's general. Everyone has a personal favorite canon, so don't be a pity asshole to those that don't like yours.

You might as well say you hate the heroes journey and anything that has themes grander than good guys fighting bad guys.

No, moron. MOTU stole it from thor

Why did they paint his face for this movie? Why not just give him a skull mask?

I like more of the comics, and its an objective fact that he wasnt a clown unlike half the characters in the old series. Keldor is a shit concept especially when they turned skeletor into having once been some handsome dumb womanizer, something skeletor shouldnt be
>so don't be a pity asshole to those that don't like yours.
Is that why you called it failmation you fucking hypocrite?
Thats a much more specific trope then heros jounrey, nice false equivalency though

>your beloved Lou Scheimer
I dont even like filmation that much, but thank god that never appeared in a series

From story telling it is to show that there are always people that think they are owed something, that no matter how much they have, how good they have it, they must have what is denied them, and if they are refused then they will destroy the good in their lives to try to gain it only to be struck down harder. As for why no one saw it, it again goes back to the norm of it all, they don't catch it, they never see the dots connect till it's to late, they never understand how great an issue it was to them till long after the fact, like in real lives where people get so caught up in their day to day dealings they miss the sufferings and issues around them, remember in most of these cases the siblings love their traitor brother/uncle, they see them as family and feel they are sharing the power to all of them, the 'low is the leader' as it were, it is pride of the sibling they miss and as such they learn a hard lesson that love isn't enough to make greed and foolishness go away.
In away everything is connected, humans are weird creatures that long for social gathering even in simple things like a meal together or someone sleeping near by. And when you make the connection as brothers, father, and so forth you show how these bonds are just as frail as anything else and how easily we are willing to hurt ourselves for fleeting things under the sun.

In my opinion, there's no way of having that trope without making the character's father either look like and idiot or a dipshit because the options are:

1) have the character be obviously evil and passed over for the throne because of this. Father is now an idiot because absolutely nothing was done to prevent the obvious result of an evil character coming back for revenge.
2) character is or appears good and there's no obvious reason to deny them the throne. Father is now an asshole and pretty much responsible for the whole problem.

>nice false equivalency though
Not even what I was going for in that post, you are just upset at something that is an old concept that bridges many people together, it's natural for brothers to compete with each other, it's natural for children to rebel against their parents, and it's natural to when you must go on your own because your parents are not what's best for your future. It's not so much overused as just the over glorification of life itself.

>It's not so much overused as just the over glorification of life itself.
It still feels like cheap writing, why couldnt skeletor just have been some wizard hellbent on donination, without all this GOT drama in it.

You are very shortsighted, or rather you need to read a lot of the classics, such as Macbeth, or The Chronicles of Narnia series. You can make it work very easily if the core factors are love with the good brother/father and pride with the evil brother/father.

>calls a 5+ century old story idea "GOT drama"
Also to split hairs your idea is lazy and unoriginal, it's the basic of the basic of the Satan/devil cliches.