Name one bad comic he has written

Name one bad comic he has written

protip; you can't

Doomsday Clock
Darkseid War

those are both 10/10

The tie ins to DS was were good, the actual book was shit
And Doomsday Clock, ahahahaha oh man, well at least you’re enjoying it.

Rebirth

Easily Justice league

Teen Titans

Infinite Crisis
Flash Rebirth
Nu52 JL
These

What is actually bad about Doomsday clock, it's a tad heavy handed but it's far from bad

>far from bad
>fanfiction.net tier drivel
>far from bad

I thought that was Brendan Frasier for a sec.

Green Lantern

Green Lantern run post Blackest Night
Justice League run
Flash run Rebirth through Flashpoint

There are some kids on this board sperging out about it, it's an entertaining read.

his only good comic is that Larfleeze christmas special

Blackest Wank

>there are people who think darkseid war is 10,/10

His only bad comics are the ones based on his shitty ideas
Rainbow corps and dead parents and shit like that.

HAHAHAHA

Why did Geoff Johns have to get more involved in the DC universe? I just wanted him to write a Rogues ongoing.

he's that good of a writer

He's a good writer but he also has a lot of bad ideas. Giving somebody like that a lot of power is a bad idea.

name one bad film Brendan Frasier stared in

This was a piece of shit.

The Mummy (2017). Oh, wait...

The three first arcs of Justice League on New 52, the second and third arc of Aquaman (if I knew Aquaman better, I might have said all three arcs).

I agree that Darkseid War is hot garbage and would add Trinity War and Forever Evil as well. Flashpoint itself is also hot garbage. Haven't yet wasted my time with Doomsday Clock but from what I see around here, it sounds like boiling steaming hot garbage.

My personal opinion and your personal opinion would balance each other out. So you are observably wrong since there's at least THREE other people here who've already posted that Darkseid War is crap.

He's a competent writer to the extent that you don't count how uncreative and unimaginative he can be as part of the talent that a writer should have. I mean, his scripts aren't necessarily bad, but he does things like bring things up and then does nothing with them when the run ends.

OK, he might get to create something out of it (or force others to do so, as with Mr. Oz) but thinking that Our Cereal Lord has the kind of breadth of imagination that thinks in a long-game fashion to have envisioned Mr. Oz as Jor-El and as part and parcel with Rebirth and Manhattan is giving way too much credit to the stupidity that is the actual reality of this Bo Duke Doll Loving asshole.

Precisely what i mean

Here's a better question: name an actual good comic he's written. One with real emotion and a real story that doesn't get by on half-baked fanfiction ideas of his youth, nostalgia pandering or Lexwank.

teen titans
the sinestro corps war
absolute zero
superman and the legion of super-heroes
infinite crisis

JSA

3 of those are wong

which three

He’s had zero power. Snyder was the one who had total control. People have said Johns thought MoS was not getting Superman right but no one cared.

Doomsdays Clock.

Fight me.

That's not exactly a controversial opinion on Sup Forums

Oh good. I'm new to board and I've found my people.

the only people defending him here are his fanboys.

Darkseid War is absolute crap.

I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, just an optimist. From what we have so far, I can't really say any of it is too offensive, nor is it great. I'll make my final judgement when all issues are released, but at the moment it's just 'eh'.

Aquaman.

I'm mostly referring to all the shitty concepts he introduced to flash and green lantern

>Bad comic
Does he even have any good comics? All of his comics are middle of the road. He might appeal to people who haven't read many comics and think Waid is one of the best writers of all time.

I assume you mean to say it's not an unpopular opinion. It seems to be a really even split of people who like and people who don't like it. that makes it the most controversial thing in a while.

Reminder that towards the end of the arc Darkseid war was considered a storytime of pain.
That's how bad it was.

I've only seen people straight up shitting on it

the only people who like it are people who only read capeshit...which is entirely Johns fan base

Johns lack of research on basic geopolitical stuff.
>EU gets disbanded in 1992
>USSR invades Poland

The only people who like it are people mad at people who consider watchmen a sacred cow. They ignore how shit it is so they can act supperior to sacredcowfags

I get the feeling Sup Forums didn't like darkseid war.

anyone who reads at least 30% of their stuff as non-capeshit realize Johns is an extremely over rated writer.

He's legitimately never written a bad comic. A couple of average ones like the New-52 Justice League and Brightest Day but nothing even approaching bad.

I wholeheartedly agree. Johns at his worst is boring, never offensive.

Darkseid War
Flashpoint
That Avengers issue where Jan and Pym fuck
the first two volumes of New 52 JL were ass

You don't even need to read non-capeshit. You just need to read good capeshit to realise that Johns is a hack. Any of Johns runs would barely make it into top runs from the big two either.

>his VERY FEW fanboys

>legitimately never written a bad comic

You are in the minority here. His defenders are claiming 10/10 greatness, the majority here are calling approximately 10-15 of his "major works" shit on shingle and only this is agreeing with you by calling him boring.

Offensive is not the same as bad, "boring" would definitely qualify as bad.

>average ones
you have a limited basis of deciding what's good and what isn't. You'd be one of those people that says every movie is either an A+ and A or a B+, a B. Nothing is really bad except for things that aren't nationally released like The Room or similar shit. It's not objective nor is it representative.

Will a mother fucker actually fucking explain what was wrong with Darkseid War beyond Grail being a villain-sue? (she was still menacing and sexy as fuck)

Not saying it's 10/10, its not but it was faaar from bad in anyway for me.

Why do you think that DC for so long has refused to reprint comics like Starman, Hitman, Shade the Changing man and Spectre. Johns is abusing his powers to stay relevant and make sure people only read his GL Omnibus.

>john
>VERY FEW fanboys
john is one of most popular comic writers

>Reminder that towards the end of the arc Darkseid war was considered a storytime of pain.
Fucking absurd, there was nothing painful or cringy about it unless your a campfag who dislikes epic serious toned comics.
I recall people being hyped as fuck during the story time of the first issue, and praising the narration talking about the league.

>beyond Grail being a villain-sue?
That was the entire problem.
It was so fucking bad it ruined the entire thing.

Only bad parts of postBN were other writer's like that crap story that ruined and erased Alpha Corps.
Johns parts were still solid.

Someone kept saying "we need to have a bunch of event stories. Who wants to be head writer for them" and he kept raising his damn hand.

Escape from Bizarro World
Secret Origins
JSA
Superman Brainiac

If boring was an instant qualifier for bad, then most slice of life would default to had.

Everyone got god powers for no reason.
Antimonitor showing up to fight darkseid has a 2 second fight with darkseid dying.
Superwoman gives birth to a superpowers stealing baby who gets possessed by darkseid.
Everyone loses their God powers thanks to darkseid baby.

It was a story that should have felt like GODS CLASHING AGAINST ONE ANOTHER but ended up being a whole lot of nothing. Wasn't even all that entertaining for being crazy like Blackest Night or even Brightest Day are.

Can you please argue why his stories suck? Please, try at least to hide that you are retarded antiJohns fags.

Those reasons make it a not very good story not a bad one.

I like this theory.

he writes for retards and reddit, trying to make comic characters cool forgetting the fact that they were in the first place
he makes everything dumber and edgier
he's Michael Bay without actual storytelling talent
I'm surprised he's even read Watchmen honestly

Oh also the actual fight between anti monitor and darkseid was shitty and underwhealming.

That chair is my chair, my name is moebius by the way :^)

>I'm surprised he's even read Watchmen honestly
nah, his research is youtube deconstructions of Watchmen deconstructions.

Coming from a huge Johnsfag

>Teen Titans
Rehashed tons of Wolfman plots, best arc was probably the Superboy Luthor Arc or the Titans of Tomorrow Arc because at least it's not fucking Trigon or Joey or Traitor or Dead Titan. The rest are below mediocre, I'm surprised people actually liked this at the time.

>New 52 JL
Not as terrible as Teen Titans but just fucking bland as shit, it got better once they got past Trinity War it's still not the worst JL run but it's like pretty forgettable

>I don't like his writing so he writes for retards.
AntiJohns fags are retarded.

I loved Forever Evil. It just was too soon to introduce earth 3 evil versions of the JL because the universe was still new.

Johns' GL started dying the moment Sinestro Corps War ended.

>Everyone got god powers for no reason.
Ah, you just didn't read it. Granted it was not that good, it was not that bad also. Average to slightly better than average.

You should read it one day and see it yourself for a change.

A fucking ton of Johns' works are rehashes of older comics. He's spent the last decade milking Moore's stuff before turning around and talking about how Moore is to blame for the state of comics. That's why I find Doomsday Clock so irritating.

>milking Moore's stuff
he used the name of something Moore came up with. Would you have been happier if Johns used an original name instead of Blackest Night? I mean I think other than the name, Blackest Night has almost nothing to do with anything Moore set up. Would Blackest Night have been less offensive to Moore's legacy if Johns just used a different name like the Darkest Dawn Prophecy or some shit?

>inb4 he used Mogo
Nigger if someone made a fucking planet into a Green Lantern I'd like to see that shit every fucking now and then doing fucking cool shit.

He used a ton more than just a name. An entire subplot of Sinestro Corps War was put in just so a one off GL character Moore invented could appear.

oh yeah fug I forgot about that guy, Greatest Green Lantern to have ever lived right? Sodam-Yat

Booster Gold #1,000,000. Using a famous thing from DC history, grossly misinterpreting it and getting certain details flat out wrong. I mean really it represents flaws throughout his career but it's summarized so neatly in those 24 pages.

Sodam Yat's an even better example, yeah. I was talking about Despotellis the sinestro Corps virus. It was there just so some Bacterium GL Moore invented could make an appearance and then forgotten about.

Which is such a shame because Despotellis is easily the most terrifying thing to come out of the Sinestro Corps War.

oh yeah Moore invented a lot of pretty cool GLs, I don't like to think of writers using them as a way of milking Moore. They're just really cool and interesting looking, like that F-Sharp Bell guy and yeah like you said the GL who's a bacteria.

No. He is WB's kid, he didnt got his job at WBt hanks to his years on DC he got into DC after working for WB and making contacts there

Fuck off johnsfag, they didnt had any reason to get powers as they getting powers was IRRELEVANT,

It was just a trick to sell toys (notice a trend with Johns events?).

I wouldn't say they all suck, but he's an extremely middle of the road writer. Just read some good capeshit and you'll know why he's not as good as Johnsfags try to portray him. Even at his best, he's nothing more than mediocre.

Teen Titans

He turned Bart into kid flash, he ruined him.

I never said the story was bad. Hell I love Johns comics. But I was simply not entertained by Darkseid War, and I'm a guy who enjoyed and defends Brightest Day (the main story fuck most of the tie ins).

Well I'm not gonna list every way they gain their powers. And they gained them so quickly yet lost them almost as fast that they may as well have been for no reason. I mean Shazam had this cool tie in of gaining a whole new pantheon and he simply shows up in the main story just to get his powers taken away thus being pointless. I don't even recall a thing Superman does with his godpowers.

>I don't even recall a thing Superman does with his godpowers.

He gets KO in one panel by ultraman, then ultraman is killed in one panel.
Batman does nothing.

It was such a fucking mess.

new52 JL

It’s one of those threads, huh?

>Name a single good comic he has written

>PROTIP - you can't

There.

Fixed.

>boring was an instant qualifier for bad

So, boring is an instant equivalent of 'decent?' 'Not quite' crap? 'Just enough' to not suck?

>I don't like Geoff Johns

You have to be joking.
Johns is a retard, by any definition the guy is a dumbass, ignorant about history, science, mythology and arts. People that hates Johns are bitter. But he is a brainlet writer, extremely casual friendly. I love him for that, but you belong to reddit, you have to be extremely casual to believe Johns is a smart writer.

Still Breathing

>hur hur johns isn't perfect so he is shit and who likes him is retarded.
AntiJohns fags are the worst