Next Batman Video Game - How Would You Want It?

For Me

>Story
Let's just consider the Arkham series complete, and consider this a different continuity, instead of trying to stick more prequels between Origins and Asylum. Gives you the freedom to have a fresh slate.

For the villains, use anybody but The Joker. The first game should have a no-Joker policy. He isn't a main villain, doesn't appear at every corner as a hallucination, whatever. It's mentioned that he's doing time in Arkham, or maybe disappeared after a previous fight without his body being recovered, so Batman's expecting him to return eventually. But it won't happen in this game. Use somebody else. Maybe Two-Face.

The threat doesn't have to be some crisis facing Gotham or the city being under siege or anything that becomes a convenient excuse for the city to be totally empty. It could just be a series of crimes that end up having connections between them, being part of some mystery Batman has to solve.

I was hoping that the last Arkham game would have been an open world multiplayer sandbox where you could play Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Red Hood and just solve crimes & fight super villains
I still want that game

Honestly I'd want a game with anyone but Batman. I understand that he's the big swinging dick superhero brands but surely someone can put some thought into a Green Arrow game or something. You don't even have to try hard, just rip off Skyrim's engine and eliminate all character builds except stealth archer.

Id rather get a Green Arrow game.

Or an aquaman hack n slash

It should be MGSV Batman. The formula is absolutely PERFECT for Bats and I don't know why no one ever says this.
>Instead of Africa and Afghanistan, your areas of operation are different parts of Gotham and potentially Bludhaven
>develop new gadgets and vehicles
>buddies would include legacy characters, so Dick would grow up, Jason would die and Babs would get crippled
>Start at Year One and go forward
>random crimes are generated across Gotham inbetween big encounters like the earthquake, Bane attacking you in the cave and breaking your back, the Court of Owls, etc

hell I would also take that game with Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Kaine, Spinneret and Silk

no bahman combat with auto connect
rpg-style tech trees where you specialize between sneaking/melee/gadgets

I want this. The more crafted experience of the Arkham series is nice and all, but I would really love a game that was basically just a "Batman simulator"-- giant, GTA V sized city, driving the Batmobile (not a fucking tank), Batplane and Batboat, with more of a focus on solving mysteries and episodic stories rather than the grand epic plotlines of City and Knight.

Also that one PS2 Flash game could have ended up being incredible, especially if they made it today with modern technology.

I played Far Cry 3 and 4 basically pretending to be Oliver Queen on the island, using the bow almost exclusively. It was pretty difficult but it worked really well both in stealth and shootouts where you're dashing from cover to cover stopping only to quickly fire off explosive or flame arrows.

This. I kept hoping beyond hope that we'd get free play with Nightwing, Robin, Red Hood, and Batgirl Cassandra totally different pros and cons than Batman. But nope we never got that.

Also just to add to this, even though the gliding gameplay of Arkham was pretty fun, I'd like it if the gliding was downplayed a little with more focus on parkour and grapple swinging like in the comics.

id like an arkham style game not necessarily tied in to the previous ones, the justice league are missing you have to go to metropolis star city central city etc and fight other leaguers foes captain cold manta luthor bizarro etc

>Cassandra deals double damage and has a broken-ass counter that slows time way down
>when playing as her all writing and speech is obscured and you can't use any gadgets that are too complex

There's a mod for it. You can hardly do shit, but at least you can travel around and beat goons up

I wouldn't want it. I'm all Batman'd out thanks to the Arkham series. Which is a good thing because they've given me most of what I wanted from a Batman game.

Now I want a good Xmen game. Preferably a fighting game

Batman Beyond with a new writing team that isn't from Rocksteady because their one fatal flaw is they can't write for shit.

Remember when they had to constantly insist the Arkham Knight wasn't just Jason Todd?

If Arkham Knight hadn't used him, maybe Scarecrow could prey on the new Batman by showing him how Bruce failed, how thisll happen to him because he's nowhere near as good as the original. Maybe Scarecrow kills Bruce too, making the becoming of Batman even more complete.

Well two of the games were written by Paul Dini and Arkham Knight was created by Johns

I usually love Dini's work and Asylum was decent but City was also a trash story. Core concept is good but 90% of the actual plot of it was Batman backtracking wasting time, just for it to reveal that he could've easily just went up and kick Hugo's ass ages ago by simply going up to a Helicopter and using his Batphone to get the keys.

If you've played pic related, you might guess where I'm going at.

Estrategic shooter/beat 'em up with the Suicide Squad, you start with two members of the suicide that are, I'd say, Deadshot and a randomly chosen character. Missions progress and you can choose which mission to go, be it industrial espinage which would be a stealth based mission, an asset protection/assassination, an all out brawl or plot related things. Characters have different skills, weapons capability, a special attack and can control them independently, you can switch between them and give commands. If a character's health drops too low, he'll be knocked unconscious and can be carried to the extraction point, if left behind his chip could explode or they could fall into the enemies' hands.

Before a mission a debrief and a selection of characters would pop up, maybe have some perks and different weapons depending on the performance of each mission.

Characters involved could be Deadshot, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze,Black Manta, the Spyder, Unknown Soldier... so on so on...

Did you mean to make this thread on ?

Is that game anything like Jagged Alliance? That's pretty much what I thought a SS game would be like.

>Discussion of adaptations of comics/cartoons franchises is allowed, on the premise that said franchises originated as comics/cartoons.

It's a shootemup game with consecutive missions but 4 characters. Tex is a heavy weapons guy that can use any weapon in the game, and has a special ability that even heavy weapons (those that require both hands) can be used on in each hand for a period of time.
The lizard dude has heat vision, runs faster and if he tackles you, you're dead (I think he can kill bosses in about two tackles).
The Redhead is Hawk and can make herself invisible, has the lowest health and a sword that also deals a lot of damage.
And the brunnette is an android that has near perfect aim, can zoom further and doesn't have the drawback of aim haircross wandering due to breathing.

You choose one of these characters and can command the rest to follow, move to a set position, provide cover and perform certain objectives. Cool game.

The SS game that WB Montreal was making was supposedly pretty similar to that.

Batman beyond game with Arkham style.
Terry starts as a vigilante or just beating a gang, because the death of his father then he discover Bruce isn't dead and decide to help each other to take down Gotham most powerful gang

Bat family game.
Three different campaign like Re6 did that tie up tovether by the end.
Campaign 1
Can pick Batman or Robin.(Damian)
Campaign 2
Can pick Nightwing or Todd
Campaign 3
Can pick Batgirl(Babs or Cass) or Batwoman
Level design like Arkham Asylum with a smaller map and more in door levels. Combat, puzzle sovling and Stealth game like the Arkham games. Combat reworked so it's like Ninja Gaiden. Characters can do and have combos like Ryu Hayabusa, with Gadgets replacing Weapons. Each Gadget has it's own Combo list. Stealth is deepee and more like Splinter Cell Blacklist. Batman,Batgirl, Batwoman and Robin have gliding. Tood and Grayson have to Swing which works like Catwoman in Arkham City.
Villians
Batman and Robin face off against Joker and Harley.
Nightwing and Todd face against Twoface and Killer croc.
Batgirl and Batwoman face off against Riddler and Scarecrow

Origins had the best story
Asylum is pretty good but fizzles out near the end
City is a mess with a great ending
Knight is predictable but it has its moments here and there

How about something that’s not Batman? You know, a good hero, DC has plenty to choose from, but they keep getting buried under WB’s mandate to make sure Batman stays the most popular hero that they own.

indie style side scroller action like mark of the ninja only batman centric with some extra depth like a plotline involving some sort of detective work mechanism

>Origins had the best story
Why does everyone say this? It was fucking garbage. A semi-interesting setup that suddenly changes direction like five times with no satisfying resolution.

>starts with establishment of assassins coming for Batman
>suddenly oh wait it's actually about the Joker and the assassins don't matter
>suddenly Joker leaves the plot and now it's about Bane
>then it's about Joker again
>then Bane is the final villain
>game just kind of ends there
Literally the entire conceit of the game (the assassins) just turn into sidequests halfway through the game

a time jumping Booster Gold game with cameos by Ted Kord Blue Beetle?
and Skeets of course. (could be your information hub with maps, checklists, mission info, etc. Maybe even a panel with a chart showing how much you're fucking with the timestream)

Sup Forums is awful user, we literally got a better Prototype thread here than there and people here have read or at least watch Batman cartoon, let them have the thread

That could be pretty neat. The best thing about games to me is that they increase interest in the DCU, so a game that's all about showing important moments from DC history would be awesome.

Dat get

Also yes, just like this

Just make a Beyond game.
We've got the tech to make it already.

N'ah; if I was in charge of the new DC video game line, I'd develop titles that fit within the control scheme of the Arkham games, but different DC characters. It'd be like a Showcase, of sorts, with each of these characters having a single 5/6 hour long campaign.

It'd be like 5 Chapters, each chapter a different character.

I have a pretty dope design for a GA game.

Dating sim

>Bruce lies to you the whole time and can end up ditching up after Hooking up with you
>Grayson have other people calling him all the time and you have to fight for his affection.
>Babs only gets excited if you play up her daddy issues
>Unbeatable is trying to turn Batwoman bi
I would buy it.

A semi-open world type game where Gotham is a city you can explore and complete missions with heavy focus on detective skills and stealth with a morality system that affects the branching plot (being harsh with interrogations causes police to be more aggressive against you but thugs to surrender more easily/shoot erratically in future confrontations; being soft gets Gordon to swing the GCPD to support you but makes thugs more willing to approach you).

You also have to balance your life as Bruce Wayne and still appear at certain conventions and meetings which also can affect your funding for your armory. All of these things affect the different endings you can get based on your approach to crime solving/the alliances you made with your rogues and the GCPD and your ability to handle the Wayne inheritance.

Open world setting in Gotham, you play a small time crook trying to make a living in Gotham, you work through the ranks over the years and eventually become a big time baddie yourself, but first you have to survive Gotham. You’ll have to hench for well known and obscure bat villains in petty crimes to get rich, skirmishes between gangs and factions throughout Gotham, and dealing with the Bat and his brats.

It will have a crime System much like Grand Theft Auto, only think of it as Bat symbols rather than stars.
1) GCPD is after you
2) GCPD SWAT edition
3) SWAT +1 random Bat family member
4) 3 random Bat family members
5) Batman and everything he’s got is coming at you.

I'd rather have a 2D DC fighting game.

>Dating Sim but with your rogues gallery
>Joker, Penguin, Croc, Harley, Ivy, Orca

Throw in Mime & Condiment King and I'm sold.

Batman Beyond. It would basically just be Cyber Punk 2077 but with jet boots and a costume.

Yeah I know. You can hardly do shit that's the problem. I kind of want some challenge when playing as any of them. Like face a boss and you have to think differently than as when you're playing Batman. So say it's a foe with brute strength. Nightwing/Batgirl/Red Hood can plow through them, but Robin can't. Red Hood having the longest range attacks and a brutal close range one.

Plus I want a hidden crossover boss fights. Grendel showing up or better yet. A Predator. If he beats you. Then the entire game he just fucking stalks you and can attack you at the most random of shit times. He's like the NEMESIS for the Arkham games. "Pot Roast."
Would be his tip-off quote. Either you run or stand your ground.

>no Selina or Bane BDSM
>no Talia with father-in-law bonding with Ra's
>Clayface filling your every orifice

Weak

Talia and Selina are hard canon it'd be wrong to put them in.

I will accept Lady Clayface and Bane

fair enough