ITT: Aquaman tier characters

Basically characters who are cooler than what the average who knows the consumer would think
Skeletor is a legit threat outside of the Filmation cartoon

Sportsmaster. Think about it

*Basically characters who are cooler than what the average consumer who knows about the character would think
How did I fuck that up?

He was one of the best villains in YJ. His dialogue and voice acting were great.

I watched that The Toys that Made Us, and the origin of his design is pretty cool.

Concept artist went to a haunted house at a carnival and it turns out the skeleton that spooked him was actual human remains.

Is a legit threat
Everyone just says he's a Joker/Venom knock off and relic of the 90s
Most his stories are fun to read

Lets be honest at this point

Skeletor was the most competant person on the filmation cartoon. And unlike aquaman, hes beloved in pop culture and the most popular MOTU character, so that really isnt an accurate or fair comparison OP

Kiteman
Hell yeah

Killer Moth is Sup Forums's underdog

This will be slightly cooler than average characters that Sup Forums wants to fuck.

Aquaman's nemesis Black Manta.

Did Sportsmaster ever fight Wild Dog?

Not a threat.

>Skeletor was the most competant person on the filmation cartoon
...What? He surrounded himself with complete idiots that fucked up everything, constantly. At a certain point, that begins to reflect upon him. Plus he was insanely over-powered, maybe even more powerful than anything demonstrated by the magics of Grayskull as demonstrated in Filmation, but he got absolutely nowhere. I was chatting with an user just this past week about how he quite literally willed Faker into existence with nothing but a point of his finger, and Faker was able to go toe-to-toe with He-Man. Granted, a lot of this is shitty writing paired with the cheapness of Filmation and their lack of desire to animate new cels of Skeletor doing stuff, but still.

Youre thinking too much, at face value he was still menacing while making sarcastic insults and jokes all the time. I see your logic, but normies dont care, and his popularity shows that. There hasnt been a MOTU series in almost two decades and yet skeletor merch still sells.

Extremis Augmented

No matter what, i will always hate extremis because of iron man 3

They really missed its potential.

Immortal Iron Fist literally turned into a Dragonball tournament arc lol.

>He surrounded himself with complete idiots that fucked up everything, constantly. At a certain point, that begins to reflect upon him.
Oh, you think you're real fucking clever, don't you? I got news for you, snowflake, everybody can tell this is just a veiled attack on God-Emperor Trump. Well, guess what, HE WON, get over it!

Yeah and it was fuckin great.
I think what user is getting at though is that normies only know him from the netflix series and thats a god damn shame.

That explains why his original design and prototype looked more like a rotting corpse with skin still on his face. Im glad mattel made them change it, his skull looks much cooler

Most competent when surrounded with guys who's superpower was having crab claws, a neck that stretches about 6 inches, owning a helmet, owning a gauntlet, wears an elephant mask that shoots water, smells bad, is covered in fur, can spin in a circle, can glow in the dark, can make their eyes extend,

Skeletor stands out in having an actual legitimate ability that is useful for something.

You do know half of the people you mentioned are good guys, right?

To be fair, Hordak was even worse. First he got defeated by Man-At-Arms and King Randor years before He-Man was around. But hey, everyone gets a mulligan and boy did he get one.

Dude had 18 years to conquer the planet next door, even had a kidnapped princess brainwashed into being one of his top enforcers and he got to live in a robotic nightmare factory called the Fright Zone. Then some blond muscle guy shows up with a spare magical sword looking for his sister and the next thing you know, She-Ra exists, the rebellion actually gets somewhere with that demi-goddess helping them out and everything he's worked towards steadily falls apart. Also, he has that damned imp hanging around him.

Shit, even during the first few episodes/Movie he was resorting to dumb-as-fuck plans like building a gravity gun (with a battery that was next to impossible to charge) that would lift the rebel infested woodlands into a Bermuda Triangle type location on the planet rather than just build a fucking death ray like any sane villain would and deforrest the place.

I love Skeletor, I read in a thread long ago that he took a look at every possible universe and he saw how he was defeated in every incarnation. Sounds doom metal as fuck.

Skeletor's pretty well respected though. His design is 10/10.

no, that sounds like a saturday morning cartoon

killer moth is in my top 2 batman villians

Got demoted to a Teen Titans villain and even then was less of a threat than Control Freak