I hear he's going to provide a "seven point" health care plan. Cool, that sounds good

I hear he's going to provide a "seven point" health care plan. Cool, that sounds good.

I hear he's going to protect LGBTQ rights. Awesome, maybe he'll be a decent president.

I hear he's going to lower corporate tax to 15%. Uhhhh what? Isn't that going to have terrible consequences? Isn't corporate tax like 35%? He wants to lower it to less than half that amount?

> I hear he's going to lower corporate tax to 15%. Uhhhh what? Isn't that going to have terrible consequences? Isn't corporate tax like 35%? He wants to lower it to less than half that amount?

He's going to stop the globalists.

Taking money away from the economy makes no sense.

Big fortune 500 companies don't pay that 35%. They offshore their money and pay 20%.

If he lower's it to 15%, they'll bring the money back.

Taxes suffocate the economy. By lowering taxes you will see a SHITLOAD of economic growth. This will have the counter-intuitive effect of greater tax revenues and people in general will become less poor.

>this
It's almost like you guys don't read anything besides headlines and buzzfeed.

How will he implement the corporate tax cut? Incrementally?

Tax reductions are an inefficient method of increasing the size of the economy compared to government spending. Especially when you are talking about corporations and those with high incomes where the marginal utility of extra cash is likely to be low and they will probably just save the money.

If you lower income corporate tax more companies will want to come here and open up, the more you increase they find loopholes and look in other countries seriously this is not that hard to come up with use your fucking brain

samefag

What a moron. That money gets saved and invested. It doesn't sit in a vault somewhere.

The more savings in the economy, the more resources are freed up to make capital investments.

nice try, but I only made one post

What is multiple devises

I understand that much. When a government has money however they spend it all however and within the borders of the US. When a corporation has a tax cut they can use that money for investment anywhere in the world or invest it in funds based anywhere in the world. Just do some basic reading on economics it is generally agreed by mainstream economists that tax reductions are less effective in increasing the size of the economy.

>this is what economic illiterates actually believe
You people keep fucking saying that despite more than a century of evidence to the contrary.

Corporate taxation does not retard the economy.

Set corporate tax to 0% and instead generate most income via land tax.

OP here, didn't think of that. I hope so.

I don't give a shit. I only voted for him and wanted him to win to watch everyone on my campus melt down. I don't care what he does now

Get rid of all taxes and put a flat rate consumption tax on everything besides basic goods needed for living like staple foods.

What is devises

He felt the need to prove you wrong, also. He doesn't belong here.

>lowering corporate tax
>a bad thing
A 35% tax on businesses is completely retarded and should be undone ASAP.

It's actually genius.

He did it to win votes of MUH TAXES people (which worked), whilst simultaneously using a huge tax rate to leverage companies into taking their money and their jobs back into the US.

A tariff is basically a tax, but low-info voters who would REEEEE at the idea of higher taxes on anything either didn't pay attention or weren't triggered because they don't know what a tariff is.

This.

Not to mention he'll be allowing companies to bring in overseas money from tax shelters for a 10% tax.
I admit I would have just stuck with the tariffs as working within the US should naturally lead to money from overseas coming over here (and being taxed at the current rate which I assume is over 10%), but I'll default to his judgment on this one.

The point is that he's the only fucking candidate who's had the balls to stand up to globalization in this way. We've had tariffs in America since America was born, sometimes at much higher rates. This isn't rocket science.

corporate tax should be zero.

We currently have many off your best business mate. Better 15% of something than 35% of nothing.

America first is going to be amazing for you guys.

There's a middle ground here.

Personally, I hope he sets a floor for the corporate tax rate by closing the million loopholes (which I want to believe he has mentioned) so that behemoth companies can't get away with paying 0 fucking % on tax by invoking all these deductions like they can now.

Read the Fucking details of the policy and you will understand why this is a good idea.
You obviously missed the part about him severely reducing deductions so that that 15% is actually 15%. Unlike our current system where small buisiness get fucked and large corporations pay basically nothing

>A tariff is basically a tax, but low-info voters who would REEEEE at the idea of higher taxes on anything either didn't pay attention or weren't triggered because they don't know what a tariff is.

Yeah they probably didn't realise that tariffs punish the average citizen and make everyone worse off. I suppose it is an empirical question of if the decrease in taxes internally will make everyone better off by as much as tarrifs would make them worse off in their consumption.

OP here

Sounds great guys. Now what about his stance on climate change?

>I hear he's going to lower corporate tax to 15%. Uhhhh what? Isn't that going to have terrible consequences? Isn't corporate tax like 35%? He wants to lower it to less than half that amount?
He wants to bring back jobs given to China, that's impossible unless he pulls shit like that.

>reasonable tariff
>bad

If anything, like the reduction of deductions, it puts small businesses (obviously 99% local) on a more even playing field with the behemoths.

The behemoths don't want to play ball and offset the tariff on the consumer? Fuck 'em, the competition will pick up the slack.

Given how much people already pay for fucking "luxury" products when they are constructed at such a low cost outside of 'Murica, I think we'll live.

>pay 20%
>lower it to 15%
>they'll bring the money back
>and pay 15%
oh, so they are supposed to pay 35%, but instead get away with paying only 20%
and with Trumps plan theyll come back...and pay 15%
how the fuck is that better
how is 15 better than 20

It is indeed bad. Increases the prices of products for everyone and creates a deadweight loss for the entire nation.

They dont pay 20% to the USA, they are paying that to wherever they are offshore

Do we really want factories and sweatshops in America?

We should really worry about climate change and pollution.

Are you retarded OP?

By lowering corporate taxes he looses the noose with their boardmembers allowing them to do what they all want to do.

In our current climate we have to reduce, reduce, reduce to meet the bottom line. Do you know what gets cut first? FTEs

An FTE is a full time employee.

Taxes are a huge expense. Job providers should have lower taxes.

>How is creating thousands of jobs on american soil making less people dependent on welfare good?
Is this CTR or just a retard?

Drink poison and die. That will help with climate change and pollution.

0.05 x 200 billion dollars (The amount of money Apple has overseas) = 10 billion dollars.

I'm pretty sure they'd like to save 10 billion dollars.

Or they could stop paying the CEO's such high salaries instead??

do u realise u ctr faggot that we live on the same planet? that china,india and other developing economies produce more polution and u.s. climate taxes to un and solar panels wont do a jack shit . what a fucking retard

Yes. Our wages are higher, so productivity per person will necessarily be higher. Expect highly automated manufacturing, not sweatshops. Which, yes, means labor demand will not transfer at a 1:1 ratio, and it does not need to.

You shouldn't call someone a retard when you can't even use correct grammar.

Honestly as a liberal, the supreme court and national debt are the only thing that worries the fuck out of me.

Have your way with bummer care, don't give a fuck I have my health insurance. Have your way with the education system, I already graduated. As long as stocks go up I don't really care at the end of the day about the economy. I have my job. I don't care that much about tax cuts as long as there is an equal amount of spending reduction. Cut entitlements, I have mine. Cut the safety net, I built my own safety net. Just be reasonable and don't drive the debt up sky high like Bush.

But I don't want the fucking religious police interfering with shit people do in private. If trump fucks over religious conservatives and stocks go up hell I may not necessary vote against him in 2020. At this point the majority of "middle" and low income American's have proved themselves to be unworthy by voting in the fucking celebrity billionaire. They deserve all the shit he hands them. Just keep my stocks up and the religious police out of my business and I'll vote Trump in 2020.

He's trying to compete with China, Ireland, Germany, France, and Mexico.

All countries above have either low corporate tax rate, or are pro-American business.
The Don wants to get business home.