Punisher

I haven't been storytiming Punisher comics all year long. This is not from the 90's or earlier. This is Nathan Edmondson's and Mitch Gerads' 2014 Punisher NOW! series.

I meant to put "Storytime" in the title but I'm a clumsy asshole and hit Enter at the same I hit Shift.

Probally my favorite Punisher page of all time

there are some really great pages in this run

>ese
>top button of shirt buttoned

ive never seen anyone wear shirts like that or speak that way. its hilarious how often i see this shit in movies/comics

so...you didn't like Bright either?

i did actually, i just find the way keep portraying people a certain way silly, thats all

yeah I agree. then again I've never lived anywhere near LA so I have no idea how inflated the stereotype really is.

Thanks op. I really wanted to like this run, it's the most military accurate approach to the character and yet it fell flat for me. I even managed to stomach Cloonan.

Yeah it's no Punisher MAX but within the context of post-2000 Punisher it's a close second.

>90,000 dollars of laser guided death to blow up a building

Did Cloonan do art or just write? I can't picture her style in a Punisher book

It was Dillon until he died and then...Horak maybe?

Write. She did a variant which was pretty good.

She just wrote. It was the worst shit ever.

I don't like Edmonson's Punisher at all, but it was nowhere even remotely close to how shitty cloonan's garbage run was.

Even late 90s Punisher was better than cloonan's.

I barely qualify as a Punisher fan. What's the issue with this run?

I'd consider it the definition of mediocre. Just in term of writing quality and story quality.

On top of that the thing with him going to the middle east is completely out of character. And him relocating to LA was needless.

There are worse Punisher runs, but still...

I gotta say, I'm annoyed at The Howling Commandos and how the Howling Commandos make sure the read knows that the Howling Commandos are definitely the Howling Commandos.

None of the current Marvel writers understand "show, don't tell".

Though Edmonson I guess doesn't really count as a "current Marvel writer" to be fair. And he does have a basic understanding of military shit. He did some indie comic that I can't remember the name of that's probably one of the most realistic modern military comics this century. If Judge user shows up he'll know the title.

Activity. I think that was the name.

That's it. The Activity.