Do political cartoons have a place in 2018?

Do political cartoons have a place in 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

runthemover.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally what did they mean by this?

Are they trying to say Trump is lying and Soviets weren't that bad?

The Soviets were literally why Hitler lost.
Had it not been for them, the UK would be speaking German right now.

This image angers me because there was a shitload of racist assholes on the Allies side and there were "Nazis" who had Jews and other targets of the Nazis in their attic,s cellars, or some closed off rooms. There were also people who went along with it in fear of being killed for not complying.

>#NotAllNazis

>OUR political street violence is GOOD, yours is BAD
Blow it out your ass, commie.

That peaceful assembly is the same thing as the holocaust if you name yourselves the wrong thing.

>Implying there weren't numerous flaws in Nazi Germany's military and socioeconomic strategy that would have led to inevitable failure

Don't get me wrong, the Soviets fucked up the Nazi's harder than anything else in WW2, but the Allies could've pulled through. War might've taken five years longer, but it would've been won eventually.

>it's a wehraboo post

>I don't understand how survival works

>trying to put antifa in a good light
I really hope the artist somehow pisses off some mudslimes and ends up decapitated

Turns out life isn't back and white.

fuck thats a good term

I don't even give a duck about anything related to the military. I just know not everyone who lived in the epicenter wanted to do what they had to do.

Reminder that Antifa started as Berlin's communist party, and their violence and intimidation tactics were one of the driving reasons that people turned to the nazi's.

Well they're speaking arabic now

>Antifa fearmongering
rofl, i love how faggots in all black and wearing sunglasses have become the nazi's boogeyman like they've always been a relevant threat.

They keep trying to "gotcha!" Trump and they keep failing. It was only weeks after that speech that much of the media had to admit how vile anitfa is, tacitly agreeing with Trump.

Have you ever noticed that depictions of Trump in political cartoons are getting more and more abstract. There are some where he looks like a modern art painting.
Clearly you've never been on /k/ or /his/

Neither did the majority of Germany apparently.

Nah, it's pretty easy to shit on the Nazis en masse and feel decent about it. Hence why this political cartoon was made in the first place. How do you fuck up that badly Trump? Remember when he tried to make alt-left a thing? Jesus what a shitshow.

Reminder that leftists are the source of every problem in the modern world.

That the people that go around beating up people with the wrong opinions are the same as WW2 war heroes that defeated Hitler

According to the FBI, you are.

True.

Only if 'merika still declared war on Germany. It's possible we might have ended up with a Nazi Germany/American Cold War.

What does Trump have to do with anything? Why do you care about Trump's opinion on worldly matters?

I'm not even to bother talking to you because it's obvious you're still a child. How old are you?

>You're a nazi for holding the same beliefs as your grandpa who fought nazis.

I don't. I was just pointing out how bizarre he's drawn in some cartoons

Reminder that most kids today don't know that because modern Antifa is an SJW movement and has zero connection to any form of historical counter fascism movement

>What does Trump have to do with anything?

Don't post pictures more interesting than your post, it's practically on Sup Forums's 10 commandments.

Grunt soldiers have always been infamous for switching sides though. In the past it was basically guaranteed if the nobles stopped paying them.

HOL UP
>invades Finland
AYO BRUHHHH
>shoots own soldiers for retreating
SOM FINNA
>commits mass rape
SO YOU BE SAYIN'
>ethnically cleanses Prussia
WE BE FINNA
>lets the Nazis destroy the Warsaw Uprising
WE WUZ
>massacres Polish officers
AYO HOL UP
>sets up totalitarian dictatorship
WE FINNA BE
>tortures dissident to death
WE GON BE
>invades Hungary
AYYYOO SOM FINA
>sets Eastern Europe back fifty years
WE WUZ LIBERATORS AND SHIT

If you didn't want to talk about Trump you shouldn't have posted him.

I have never posted Trump. I didn't even realize he was still president, I thought he was being audited or something. I know apathy isn't a virtue but it just doens't matter to me.

This isn’t Kelly.

>anyone who hates violent faggots who beat people for not being left are nazis
This is why everyone wants to shot you fuckers, antifa scum

no they would not have made us speak german, did we make them speak english?
If they had won do you think england would have muslim rape gangs?

There's a huge difference between a bunch of faggots shouting their dumb opinions, and a nation violently invading their neighbors and killing parts of their population in cold blood.
The allies went to war with Germany, not because of their opinions, but because of their actions.
The artist failed to understand that lesson it seems.

If the US had stayed out of their way in the Middle East, the Soviets would have fixed that problem before it began. But no, we decided to side with Osama Bin Laden. The USSR is the hero we need but don't deserve.

Pretty sure the Weimar Republic's disastrous response to the Great Depression caused people to turn to the Nazis.

>call for entire races to be purged from your country
>WAAHH THAT SOYBOY HIT ME! THEY'RE VIOLENT MANIACS WAAAHHH!

Why wouldnt they?

The Charlottesville Alt-Right event when one of the not-Nazis kill a woman with his car and and Trump refused to blame directly the alt-right

>antifa January 2017
watch out antifa is coming for your trach can guys

>antifa mid 2017
THESE PEOPLE ARE THE REAL THREAT TO AMERICA REEEEEE.

You should neck yourself people think antifa is nothing more than pissed off soy boys and 3rd wave feminists. These people were a joke at the beginning of the year and still are at the end.

Hilter was fighting a multiple front war with no access to resources. They would have been fucked with or with out the russians.

Political cartoons have taken over the government, so yes.

>did we make them speak english?
German has become very anglicized of late. And I don't mean that just because I work at a hotel and most German guests speak more English than their native tongue even to one another (which makes my German lessons kind of a waste), but I see everywhere in their media as well; German is adopting a great lot of loanwords and even its phonology is shifting to resemble American English, especially in such aspects as an increase in palatalization, the rise of lexical stress, "yod-coalescence", etc.

this
the only reason Hitler pushed into Russia (breaking the pact) was because Western forces had blasted all the oil refineries and they would have run out of oil in a few months
no oil, no war machines, no holding Europe.

/thread

>Have you ever noticed that depictions of Trump in political cartoons are getting more and more abstract. There are some where he looks like a modern art painting.
Boy, you ain't seen shit yet.

yeah, pretending to be christian or whatever isn't the same as actually being one.

if you're hiding people from alt right death squads, it's fair to say that you're not actually a member of the alt right.

kek

Because the alt-right wasn't to blame for the whole thing going to shit, it was the city government for not being proactive in dispersing the crowds so as to prevent violence. Also, by attacking one side, Trump would be giving the other side implicit approval. If Trump only attacked the alt-right, he'd have given the equally violent opposition free reign to enact violence against the alt-right as they see fit, essentially legitimizing them and ensuring more violence would occur. It's like a schoolyard fight, "right" and "wrong" are less important than stopping fights from breaking out to begin with.

>the city government made me go out my way and drive my car through a crowd

The point is that the city government shouldn't have given Fields the opportunity. They should have kept both parties far away from each other so that no one could so much as spit on the other. They created a dangerous environment when it was their job to prevent that sort of environment from happening. The casualties are the police's fault, no way around it.

Also, at the end of the day, the only person to blame for Field's actions (not the results) are Fields himself. No one ordered him to step on the gas. Ramming the opposition with your car isn't a part of the alt-right playbook. Before Fields did what he did, there was no one calling for that. So you can't really call his actions systemic in any way, and link it to the greater alt-right.

what the hell am i looking at on the fucking bottom right

When did he call for entire races to be purged from the nation, all he did say was antifa was bad because they say anyone who disagrees with them are nazis, you know kinda like what you did with him.

What's the deflated balloon fist on the bottom right

Looks like it’s the author spouting a quote

And the Soviets forced their rule on the Ukraine. Good thing we helped the good guys, right?

>Ramming the opposition with your car isn't a part of the alt-right playbook.

Yeah, the Alt-right websites had just posted memes and instructional charts of how to effectively run people over with your cars for several months prior to Charlottesville. it was just a prank that went too far, bro!

>trump
That's a fucking Pokemon.

>Yeah, the Alt-right websites had just posted memes and instructional charts of how to effectively run people over with your cars for several months prior to Charlottesville.

[citation needed]

Better Sunni than Commie

Did they have a place in 2017? I don't think even normies pay attention to them anymore. Political cartoons are diving off the same cliff as newspapers and TV news stations.

FLONALD CRUMP IS HEETLAR GUYZ

Could be worse, you could be as idiotic as whoever drew this

But this is true, German academia lost a ton of minority leaders who went elsewhere and left an economic and technological gap in the country's history it took years to rebuild.

>economic and technological gap in the country's history
>Their economy went from "absolute shite" to matching the world powers
>They made massive scientific progress, to the point the allies took their scientists after the war
>It was totally the Nazis that caused the economic and technological gap, not the allies taking their brightest minds and laying a shit-ton of restrictions on them, along with their country being cut in fucking half.

This only implies that they were extremely spontaneously integrated multi ethnic society before that happened.

Only if it's the return of kelly

>Minorities hold everything
now you will tell me that the USA was built by blacks
>German academia lost a ton of minority leaders
Jews, the same jews that were the problem and still are the problem
>economic and technological gap in the country's history it took years to rebuild.
And that's why Hitler was featured as person of he year fur taking Germany out of the hyperinflation of the Weimar republic and why the Americans and Soviets scrambled to get as manny german scientists as possible to develop rockets, jet engines, etc

I get what you say, but saying that minorities are the foundation of a society is idiotic, the majority is the foundation, minorities are jus specks

This is sad, his family doesn't invite him for a Thanksgiving meal.

Yeah the did a real good job finding those people once in like 30 antics rallies in the last year?

Antics methods are shit and the deflection coming from their supporters are annoying, but their biggest problem right now is their inaccuracy.

>wanting to be with your family
>any day
My family can't cook so the only reason to eat with them is for their company. Yeah no thanks. I'm getting a better meal and better company by myself.

these movements are the loudest when they are dying, you shouldnt fear antifa for breaking shit and beating up people, you should be afraid when none of that is happenning because it means they are getting their way

As I've gotten older I've realized that political cartoons were never a good idea. They're always a tool to strawman the arguments and beliefs of those that disagree with you, and never elevate the level of discourse and understanding; only lower it.

ISIS is at their death throes too yet they're still dangerous. (Yes, I know ANTIFA LARPers are nowhere near the same level)

Sometimes, cornered animals are far more dangerous than you think.

runthemover.tumblr.com

It has a pretty nice collection of posts and tweets of right wingers wishing to just run over protesters. You also had in the past year certain places trying to make it entirely legal for drivers to run over a protestor as long as "you did everything in your power to avert the collision prior hitting the person" which irl would basically be impossible to prove one way or another.

I grew up with LAT comics in Malaysia and his particular brand of political comics seem to be more of highlighting politicians in general being crummy or silly in their attempts to sway the public in their favour, regardless if they're from the opposition or the coalition. Although even he still has his "I don't like how the Jews use the US to fuck over the Palestianians" moments.

The your racist grandfather was a left winger when it suits them

>ISIS is at their death throes too yet they're still dangerous
isis is a joke, they just claim that any random muslim who commits terrorism was trained by them when in reality they are a product of some extremely radical communities in europe all of wich silently(and not so silently) support it

there is no difference between a muslim guy committing terrorism and some black guy in america who grew up hearing how bad white people are and decided to go kill themand steal their shit

>linking tumblr
go back in time and abort yourself

The Nazis weren’t too nice to the Ukrainians either, even though they were seen as liberators.
They probably deserved it desu

GULAG OR GESTAPO
THE CHOICE IS YOURS, MY FRIEND

that fuking ironic masturbatory comment on the bottom right, damn

>those who fail to understand the lesson of history
That... if you have more men than the enemy has bullets you win?

Th thing with arabs is that terror is a way of life, it doesn't matter to "kill ISIS" because the day after you'll have 5 new terrorist groups created by their leftovers and fanboys. That's basically a fundamental aspect of Islam.

>killed
He’ll get off. They moved the charge to first degree, which in this case will be impossible to prove.

*gets surrounded and fucked in stalingrad

I am speaking German now.

Oh fuck, Trump is becoming a Bogdanov.

Good good, so they learned nothing on why they lost in 2016. Ready for four more years of Trump

makes fun of centrists that say shit like "victim and murderer are both the same"

i find it funny that soviets still make nazi scum butthurt

>One side mercilessly rapes and murders millions of Jews and Poles
>Other side mercilessly rapes and murders millions of Germans and Poles
>Hurr but one side wus Natsiz so dey were de bad guys

God I hate leftists