Big blue dong

what the actual fuck DC? It's bad enough they had to do this bullshit event in the first place, but you couldn't even bring back the BBD? This is fucking bullshit. Literally the only reason I was reading this BS.

"babum"?

>big blue dong
calm op, nothing else there are 2 issues, all the john metaphysical shit originally appeared in issue 6.

This is back when Jon still was a hero. He still wore some kind of clothes then.

Im sorry did you say the only reason you were reading this was because you were looking for a blue dong?

OP is a faggot, what did you expect?

So?

If I had to make an educated guess.

The "Babum" is the sound he hears.
It's the heartbeat of a developing fetus.
He stops himself from Rorschaching the both of them because he doesn't want to kill an unborn child that has yet to do anything wrong.

Heartbeat of a fetus.

Jon is more then just his dick you sexist.

How do you mess up drawing a baby that bad?

>has yet to do
>time literally does not matter to him
>he has the omniscience and power of a literal god

OK well you kinda missed the character notes there buppo

This whole plot point, at least to me, makes no sense. Why would he care if the child was unborn if he can see into the future? Thus, if it was going to grow up and save people, I can see why he would hesitate, but I'm pretty sure that the child will grow up to be one of the jokers, so why would Manhattan even bother caring, since he supposedly doesn't really care about humanity?

because it's not over, it's like they tell you everything that consisted of Adrian's plan in the second issues in the original watchmen

An unborn child. The Joker

We can infer from the fact that he interfered that this was while he was still in his human phase. It is a flashback to when he still conformed to society's expectations of pants

Then maybe he sees that the baby doesn't do anything wrong and therefore doesn't deserve it.
Or since he's "just a puppet" the baby is the joker and he sees the merchandising significance

He still wore the code-piece as part of the Crimebusters which is where this takes place and didn't go full-nude until a while after that

wtf dc are our pro-life guys?

Well, I'd think that here we see a moment with Manhattan before he lost touch with his humanity, that's why he refrains from killing them and why he uses clothing to hide his dong. In Moore's Watchmen we see his dong cause he no longer cares about human decency, he's above that, he's beyond human. here he still clings to humanity.

Yeah, people are screaming about how Johns doesn't pay attention to Watchmen continuity at all, but then forget that during all the shots of him during his days as an active hero, he's wearing a speedo at the least.

That’s bullshit and you know it.

Saying that means he should have known who Silk Spectre’s father was in issue #1.

Manhattan can't change the future.

If he sees a fetus that grows to be good, then John won't kill her.

If he sees a fetus that grows to be evil, then that means John doesn't hill her either, because he clearly grew up.

If Manhattan could see the future why didn’t he kill Ozy as a child?

Read Watchmen again, he still clings to his humanity in the early days as Manhatten. He only fully lets go on Mars.

Did you guys all read the second issue without reading the first one?

phew thought he saw her tits and it reminded him of being a kid

Sound of a beating heart.

>he has the omniscience and power of a literal god
Only in geoff johns shitty fanfictions

This is explained in fucking watchmen. He can only see his own future.

>This is explained in fucking watchmen

People whining about Doomsday Clock haven't read Watchmen, they've just watched the movie.

Oh. I honestly thought it was his own heart-beat and he was noticing himself becoming aroused from looking at a woman's breasts for the first time in ages or something lmao.

My biggest problem with this watchmen shit since rebirth has been that manehatten is not meant to be that powerful.

He only lost the briefs after the interview in watchmen, this takes place years before it

At that time all his actions and reactions were predetermined, he simply never saw himself killing marionette so he didn't, did people just not bother reading Watchmen before getting mad? Manhattan didn't have free will until the squid attack, it's the same reason he is shocked that Laurie and Dan are sleeping together even though he already knows

>Sound of a beating heart.

He has free will you idiot, he always had, he isnt determinated by what he see, what he sees was/is/will be determinated by his actions.

He technically does but his actions were determined by what he sees, that's the whole point, he goes along with what he sees because that's what the future will be, it's why he acts surprised when Laurie tells him she's sleeping with Dan even though he told her it would happen and would have no reason to be surprised by that. It's after the tachyons that he realises he doesnt have to follow what he sees. The book says he's just "a puppet that can see the strings"

This is such a dumb comic.