Stretch Armstrong

So how was this show? It came out more than a month ago, but I didn't see much discussion about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=459AkS-N0w0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lmao ded show
looks like shit btw

Not a hit like Voltron but will probably still get more seasons

That's the nice thing about contracted seasons. Even if the show isn't a huge hit, multiple seasons are already guaranteed.

I think there's another season coming, at least, since they announced 26 eps. originally.

it was ok

Does he fight like Luffy?

It was pretty good. Unfortunately the promotional materials all look bad, so most people around here arent going to give it a chance.

I want to marry the Freak Sisters.

I watched the first ten or so episodes. It could be a great series as it has a lot of potential for world building, character background development, and super power abilities.

The issue is the main characters are dull for me. That and Wil Wheaton is a part of the series. I just wish someone would introduce a baseball bat to the back of his skull numerous times.

The main characters get better but yeah, they start a little dull. Once the plot gets going and you start uncovering mysteries it actually gets really good.

Are any of the villains Vac-Man?

>I want to marry the Freak Sisters.

Same. I was disappointed they were used as fodder just to formally introduce Stretch Monster.

No. There's been speculation that he's coming though.

It's not much of a spoiler but the big villain is this guy. It's actually really cool because they took a dopey concept like this and made a really intimidating villain.

I stopped watching after the CEO's long dead friend is discovered alive. What episode number is that?

The one with Blindstrike? I dunno, it's pretty early into the series if I remember.

I'd at least ride out the 13 episodes. Everything pays off at the end and the status quo gets totally upended.

I like how the heroes revert back to zeros once the season ends or terrorists
The twists were kinda obvious but Im glad they didnt completely play safe

No, but I doubt they'd ignore him. Even though the stuff they're introducing in the show is brand-new, they still take little pieces of lore from existing toys. Stretch Monster, for example, but the Freak Sisters seem to be inspired by the Stretch Octopus twins that came out in the toyline.

Okay, I'll add the series back to my queue of stuff to watch. I thought the episode in question was way later into the series.

Thanks user

I just checked and its episode 3.

These?

Fuck, I feel like a retard now for thinking it was episode 10.

>The twists were kinda obvious but Im glad they didnt completely play safe
Thats pretty much my thoughts as well.
Actual spoiler; Props to Rook for making me think he was going to be the bad guy then playing the long game long enough to lull me back in and then being the actual bad guy.

This happened to me too. Stretch Monster's plans totally threw me off.

Definitely excited for season 2; they have a world set up now, and I'm curious to see where they take it

>The issue is the main characters are dull for me.
This.
TrollHunters handled the high school secret identity stuff and the the cliches associated 200% better.

I thought the complete opposite. The lead's lives all felt dysfunctional without being repetitive, they actually subverted high school cliches and dynamics, and didn't take it too seriously, unlike Trollhunters.

The only time the high school stuff worked was in Creepslayerz and the detention episode, and that was after they made Steve into a decent character, and way late into the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=459AkS-N0w0

Was that sequence at 0:29 in the show? I don't recall seeing it.

Perhaps I only have that opinion because the troll hunting and the school life were a lot more intertwined and it came through on my personal philosophy of ditching the secret identity as a thing with as many supporting characters as possible.