Why is it that this show hasn’t gotten as much attention as SU, TLH or Star Vs?

Why is it that this show hasn’t gotten as much attention as SU, TLH or Star Vs?

Shitty color scheme.

Those three shows have worse color schemes yet they still get fandoms.
What’s D&E’s excuse?

Nobody cares about Amazon.
Niko was superior.

>Niko was superior
How?

amazon series are less known, it's a good show though

Overly explicit pandering to the LGBT/Tumblr crowd?

Better art.
Better animation.
Better waifu.

It’s better than those shows in terms of LGBT.
It is better than those three shows in every way.

So basically it’s literally nothing more special than anything being put out right now besides heavy LGBT themes.
Why does Sup Forums think this show is good again?

Exactly who is this show for again?
It’s too preschool/kiddie for the older LGBT crowd yet I can’t imagine kids would be into the LGBT bits.

But what about it’s themes?
Danger and Eggs explores LGBT themes to a level kids can understand.
Does Niko have anything like that?

>Why does Sup Forums think this show is good again?
Does it? Every time this show is brought up here, there's always bitching about it being queer.

You know, this post actually gives me inspiration.
I don’t have to put effort into things like writing and animation into my cartoon.
All I have to do is add gay and trans characters and voila; I’ll have everyone eating out of the palm of my hands.

Is this the tranny kid show

Most people actually do defend it.
Thing is, outside of saying the gay parts aren’t that bad and people are just making a big deal out of nothing, they can’t actually list any merits.

no one is shilling it on Sup Forums

personally I like the color palette, animation and main charaters. It has good lgbt elements and treats them better than SU but that isn't its main focus, it's about a daredevil girl who is friends with a giant egg that wants things to be safe, there isn't much depth to it even though things got more interesting towards the end.

maybe lgbt people with kids

Thing is, being queer is all D&E has.

Honestly the color scheme reminds me of mid 2000 cartoons

I frequent this board quite regularly and this is quite literally the first time i have heard of this show.

>It has good lgbt elements and treats them better than SU
How? I keep seeing “it has better LGBT than SU” but people never elaborate on that.

Niko presents a serialized adventure to a level kids can understand.
It doesn't need to hide behind the pretense of trying to be revolutionary to attract virtue-signallers.

Nobody has seen it because Amazon doesn't advertise their original content.
It sucks. It makes me horrified and sad that someone's SHOW can be blown off the radar so easily.
This is a genuinely good show. Wish it had gotten around more.

>it's about a daredevil girl who is friends with a giant egg that wants things to be safe
Because god knows the “outgoing character/safety character” dynamic has never been done before.

I know it's pretty common, but do you have a list of examples? I'm kinda curious to see just how many shows use it

It’s literally a preschool show with LGBT themes.
I wouldn’t blame it’s failure entirely on Amazon.

The character designs are really awful and not even intentionally like other shows such as Home Movies but more like early character art that hasn't been properly refined into a better product

Mid 2000 shows were never this neon bright.

I'm not hating on SU, I think it has done a good job too, D&E just did a better job for me since its more direct with those themes, of course this has more to do with the fact that this comes from amazon and not CN who needs to keep it's programming to be able to be aired in other parts of the world.

It's episodic and not a very serious show, it also doesn't follow a plot except from some background things towards the end

The fact that there are anons going up to bat for D&E shows there’s more to it than that.
Can’t say the same for Niko.

I don't think it's revolutionary, I only mentioned it because the previous post made it seem like it is a series about lgbt themes and it isn't

>It's episodic and not a very serious show, it also doesn't follow a plot except from some background things towards the end
This totally doesn’t describe most shows on nowadays.

It got a decent amount of discussion on Sup Forums for a show that was on amazon. Is it getting another season?

Sup Forums generally only cares about ongoing shows, particularly ones with waifus.

It describes the vast majority of cartoons that have been made, really

Well, this isn't a Niko thread, is it?

>I don't think it's revolutionary, I only mentioned it because the previous post made it seem like it is a series about lgbt themes and it isn't
>a big deal is made about the non binary and trans characters in the show and marketing
>an entire episode centers around a Pride parade.

To me, this just supports my personal argument for the show; take away the LGBT themes and characters and your left with a generic, run of the mill cartoon. It hits the same notes, has the same archetypes, doesn’t do anything special in the way of art or writing.

These three shows are a good example of giving an inch and taking a mile.
These shows introduced LGBT themes in their stories and now this all people are fixated on.

She's just a poor man's Teodora.

I don't usually see people saying that it's good. Subtract the lgbt pandering and it's pretty ok as far as cartoons go. Wish it got more fanart though.

I liked it but that's basically it, it isn't very different from any kind of show nowadays except for being more direct with its lgbt themes.
It follows the adventures that the main girl and her egg friend have at the park they visit every day.
Main girl comes from a family of daredevils and wants to do dangerous stunts to live up to it, her friend takes care of things not going wrong, sometimes they help the other park visitors.

Is there slapstick happening to female characters?

Use this image as an argument AGAINST D&E and you're golden

Not really, they never give that much focus on the fact that their friend is nonbinary on the show and the pride episode is only one among 13, it's a show with lgbt themes not about them.

About not being revolutionary I was talking about the “outgoing character/safety character” dynamic thing not about the lgbt themes sorry if it seemed that way, it is a revolutionary show in that aspect

At best, it seems like Danger and Eggs is...an okay show.
You could easily cut every instance of LGBT themes and you’d lose nothing...it’s not like they helped raise the show’s profile anyways.

>She's just a poor man's Teodora.
Teodora was a boring character in a cheap-ass show. Lyra as least risked more and got dirty.

it is a revolutionary show in that aspect
This user had the right idea. It really isn’t all that revolutionary.

not from what I can remember, it's more of a cutesy show

Those three shows have;

1) Waifus/fandom bait characters
The more blank, fuckable, aesthetic, quirky, or characters are, the more people want to see them, draw them, talk about them, commission art to jerk off to them, hotglue their figurines of them etc etc. Many a bland show or series is driven by and made popular by self insert cardboard cutouts that look pretty and act in a 'totally relatable way'. Your Egg show may have the 'relatable quirk' (and LGBTQZ allure) in some characters but that can only go so far. In fact as much as tumblr loves the LGBT stuff it can alienate a lot of the potential audience needed for that initial fandom inertia. You're more likely to see fans ogle over Dean/Castiel or Korrasmi yuri than the 'look how awesome and ugly and proud this character is' crowd.

2) Muh lore
Lore and continuity breeds more fan content due to speculation. The more fan content the more...

3) Exposure
Those shows are on channels more available to most people. Bad platform, bad start.

I can’t imagine kids would be into the LGBT bits.
The idea is to get them into it with the show
The reason Sup Forums has so much of both Sup Forums and tumblr is that cartoons are the battle for the hearts and minds of our children. that's what decides if social justice survives into the next generation.

But it's all anyone talks about in correlation to the show. If it wasn't LGBT, it would've just been buried in obscurity.

You ever think this is why LGBT media never goes anywhere?
People fight over which show is more progressive and which show has more representation.
People will praise a show as revolutionary and then move on to the next flavor of the month.

>that cartoons are the battle for the hearts and minds of our children.
Imagine being this retarded.

It’s prolonging the inevitable.
Eventually another show with LGBT themes will pop up for people to gush/rant about, leaving D&E another footnote in Sup Forums discussion.
In fact, I have a prediction; once Twelve Forever airs, what little discussion D&E has will vanish.

>The idea is to get them into it with the show
Did you just admit D&E is LGBT propaganda?

At this point in time, I'm afraid they'll be more like "It's LGBT? Whatever. What else do you offer?"
Whether you like it or not, being LGBT is now normalized. The community should be trying harder instead falling back on things like being represented.

Your only working this out now.
Hell look at steven universe. That's not even built to pander to anybody but people give it a free pass on quality just because it happens to have lesbians.

Dropped, then.

Well what does Twelve have to do with LGBT?

>Those three shows have worse color schemes

No they don't.

I don't think so but I understand where you are coming from, in my opinion it seems that way because there are not that many lgbt options to begin with, it's not as much a flavor of the month thing.
I do think that a big issue too is how marketing focuses too much on saying how great a show is regarding those themes just to catch the media's attention when sometimes that isn't even the case, like what happened with the unicorn nuPPG episode

I predict Twelve Forever will garner more attention because it already had it back when the pilot came out and because its coming on Netflix, D&E's discussion will vanish not because of it but because there is no more content coming out of it so there's not much to talk about it

>people give it a free pass on quality
Not from what I have seen

this show made me laugh harder than any other show has in a long time. I didn't even give a fuck about the pronoun shit or lgbt themes. I'd rec the show if you want a good laugh from some weird humor.

A while ago, one of the writers of the show tweeted that it will feature a "queer kid."

Me too, I found the show because it was recommended for its lgbt themes but I enjoyed the character's antics, the weird humor made this scene even better in my opinion

>DD meets her favorite movie star
>She tells her that her movies helped her through harsh times
>think scene is going to cut to a humorous flashback
>cuts out to DD's mom's funeral

So basically Flapjack but gayer.
I could just watch Flapjack then.

I thought she was just a tomboy. Now she's a queer?

Wasn't Flapjack already kinda gay?

>it's not as much a flavor of the month thing.
Remember how people were hyping up Iceman?
Remember when people were hailing Batwoman as revolutionary?

Queer is kind of a nebulous term. It could mean she's gay, or it could just mean the same thing as being a tomboy (because apparently you can't be a girl and like boy stuff without being a snowflake.)

>in my opinion it seems that way because there are not that many lgbt options to begin with
That makes even less sense.
If there was so little LGBT options, why would people go around and bash other works for not being gay enough.

>flapjack
>not gay
it's not the same kind of humor as flapjack, flapjack's humor was darker, at the end of the day this is more of a cutesy show, you don't have to watch it if it isn't your thing

The difference is no one is hailing Flapjack as a revolutionary concept.

>you don't have to watch it if it isn't your thing
I wouldn’t think it was anyone’s thing.
“Comfy” is a buzzword after all.

but there are only dykes so a show for dykes

People hated the iceman thing
Batwoman was almost 10 years ago, people move on no matter the series, a show or comic can't have all your attention for a long time no matter what it is about, it happens with anything. It also depends on the frequency in which new content is produced, if nothing new comes for a long time people tend forget or discussion dies out because there's nothing new to talk about

That's true. It's just brighter shades of familiar colors to me though.

>this entire thread
Either Sup Forums has shittier taste than I thought or the Sup Forumsmblr meme is real.

>Batwoman was almost 10 years ago, people move on no matter the series, a show or comic can't have all your attention for a long time no matter what it is about,
Batwoman has been a big player in the Batman/Detective Comics since her introduction. The current is dealing with her father.

...What am I saying, Sup Forums doesn’t read comics.

You do realize Batwoman has made frequent appearances in comics and even some cartoons, right?
She didn’t go into hiatus for 10 years.

Everything is always someone's thing, if you are thinking of creating anything remember that, somewhere out there, there is someone that will appreciate whatever you do.

You don't have to like something just because it is lgbt, I don't understand the bashing other works thing for not being gay enough thing though

>You don't have to like something just because it is lgbt
A lesson Tumblr should take to heart.

My bad, I have to admit that I shouldn't have talked about batwoman since I don't know much about her.
What I was trying to say is that unless something becomes massive people tend to lose focus of it over time

If you want to compare this to something I would say that it's similar to we bare bears in that it is pretty inoffensive

Because apparently being a tomboy is no longer a thing or isn't allowed

It might have been a thing from the start but since it's coming out on netflix they can be more direct with it.

Being gay is yesterday’s news, trans is the new oppression. I’ve seen more trans people bitch about cis gay/lesbians, so I wonder where they’ll go next once that well is run dry.

People haven’t given SU a free pass for years.

>so I wonder where they’ll go next once that well is run dry.

We'll be able to upload our brains into robots by then and it'll all be about toasters vs meatbags by then.

Apart from the twitter post, the MC created a buxom witch as part of her fantasy world. Pretty suspect.

I like to think Butt Witch was the only thing on her world that she didn't make, since she is a representation of a change in life that Reggie does not want.

Hazarding a guess it's because it's shit and jumped on the AT-like bandwagon about 5 years too late AND IT'S ON FUCKING AMAZON

>Why does Sup Forums think this show is good again?
We don't.
The only ones here who like it is a tripfag with shit taste and the dude that made the show. He's just trying to drum up attention for it though, hoping Amazon will order another season.

There's no point watching American cartoons.

>shit they found out! start damagecontrolling immediately!

Is imagination so dead nowadays that people can't think of anything to promote their shows other than SJW pandering? Good fucking lord.

I already watched Adventure Time for years and I want something new.

This show seems like if you're anything other than a flaming bag of pride parade incarnate, it would be suffering to be a creative working on it because of all the rules you have to follow, ("Always write 'them!'") and how many shit designs you have to draw out in order to fit the theme of "everyone has rainbow hair and rainbow shirts".