ITT: Characters that you didn't actually give a shit about until recently

ITT: Characters that you didn't actually give a shit about until recently.

I still don't give a shit about him.

>all those people who pretend to care about Iceman, one of the most historically unpopular X-Men, just so they can be outraged at him being gay

read about cho and hercules. checked this out. hate every bit of it.

Hey I like Iceman, I just couldn't care about current Marvel because they have zero talent working for them right now, so gay or not any book they publish with him will be bad.

I really related to the immature joker character that hides his emotional insecurity behind flippant behavior and I'm actually tumblr-style offended that this got retconned as "nah he's gay because insecure guys must just be in the closet."

> (OP)
>>one of the most historically unpopular X-Men,
Ive known a lot of people who like him and have seen people online like him, they just usually like other xmen more

Like he wouldnt be number one but in people's top 5 or 10. People enjoy both ice powers and jokesters so even if he isnt their favorite he attracted fans

Fuck off nigger. Iceman was always my favorite and I mained him, Ryu, and Hayato in MvC2

Feel bad for Iceman fans. They basically ruined the character and had him get fucked in the ass by some nobody just to be used as a marketing gimmick.

I'm just thankful I never cared about him.

>had him get fucked in the ass by some nobody
Still better than Romeo

Iceman had the potential to be a really good character, but he was fucked over all the time. Claremont never cared for the O5 as a whole, but Bobby was likely his least favorite of them.
In the O5 X-Factor he never did anything interesting. In the mid to late 90's he had his best development (The Emma Frost and Mikhail stuff, the new found potential of his powers, OTZ), but in the 00's he was mostly ignored again.
That arc by Liu had a cool idea, about the limits of his power and his manchild personality, but it wasn't well executed and had no consequence at all.
And now Bendis made him the token gay X-man and it's unlikely he'll ever have any characterization other than "I'm gay and I crack jokes".

cable the more i read about him the more i hate him. cable and the racist portrayal of domino are going to ruin deadpool 2

>that time a writer decided to change a character so he'd actually have something to fucking do after decades of just.... being there

Then stick on Sup Forums you double nigger

>Bendis
>Doing anything with anyone
Even after making him gay, he was still just another pointless character in a Bendis story.

Yeah, instead of being a manchild with unexplored potential he's now a gay manchild with unexplored potential.

deadpool. it's not even because of the movie. i just suddenly got into spiderman/deadpool fic because the idea of tom holland and ryan reynolds together is hot as fuck.

yes i am aware that i'm human garbage.

You now like a character that was completly shat on by turning him gay when he had a long history of heterossexual relations?
I don't have anything against gays, but they shouldn't change someone with a good stablished background just for the sake of sale numbers

I guess you didn't grow up in the 80s, nor the 90s, nor the 00s. Sad you say something about a character you barely know.

>implying Sup Forums can appreciate good games
Next you'll tell me to Sup Forums to have a quality discussion

>racist portrayal
What?

They should give him heat powers (in addition to his ice powers) and make him straight again. His new code name can either be BeenGay or IcyHot. Either way, you should not apply to the testicles.

Always my least favorite X-man when I was kid, but the last few years of Marvel trying to make him Hitler have made him one of my favorites.

>Always my least favorite X-man when I was kid, but the last few years of Marvel trying to make him Hitler have made him one of my favorites.

Agreed. Everything that they've shown that was him being "Hitler" was the exact opposite of shit Hitler did. Tried to protect his people from genocide. Created a country for his people on an unoccupied island. Defended it against multiple invasions.

Cyclops has always been in my top 10 list, but my favorite X-Man has always been a bad ass mother fucker... and that's the exact sound he makes every time he appears (BAMF).