Bucky, since you were mind controlled by Nazi scientists, I guess you aren't responsible for my parents' deaths...

>Bucky, since you were mind controlled by Nazi scientists, I guess you aren't responsible for my parents' deaths. I'm still steamed off about this, though, so I'm going to go outside and calm down. Can you and Steve handle Zemo without me?

Your first, and biggest, mistake is thinking the autistic manchild drunk was a reasonable man.

>implying HYDRA did anything wrong

Here's the thing people don't get. Throughout the entire film, everyone blames Tony. The woman blames Tony for her son's death. Ross is breathing down Tony's neck. Everything Tony does is shamed upon by Cap. Black Widow even leaves him. And when he acts, Tony just loses, like with Rhodey.

Now suddenly, here comes a guy who has killed Tony's parents. What happens?

"Oh, he wasn't responsible."

Everything Tony does is his fault, even with the best intentions, and now someone has harmed Tony and people tell him to get over it.

Maybe if they had portrayed that at all in the film people wouldn't have thought Iron Man was acting so retarded.

It's a decent reason but there's no indication he thought that at all.

>Everyone in a story needs to act with one-hundred percent rationality at all times, especially when physically and emotionally exhausted/traumatized
>If they don't, I'll go and meme about that huge 'plot hole' Sup Forums.

I thought it was completely in-character. After everything, he's close to being unhinged. He even lost Pepper prior to Civil War. So seeing this international criminal, who btw already tried to shoot you in your face, bash your dad's head in and choke out your mom would have a big dramatic effect on him in that moment. I don't think he'd try to murder Bucky on-sight anymore now that he's out of the situation and can calm down / look at it more reasonably.

Well, maybe you should have watched the movie then.

Really? Cause they both looked equally valid in the climax in my opinion.

You sound like the kind of person that would rely on sudden tantrums and misunderstandings to force drama into a show for seasons on end and then excuse it with "but teenagers are irrational though" even though you've forgotten what it's like to be a teen for 15 years.

What I hate more than him acting so fucking crazy and trying to murder Bucky, is that after he made the decision, he made such a fucking meal out of such an easy task...

Civil SHIT pisses me off so much.

But all of those things were his fault...
His weapons causes thousands of lives to be lost.
Ultron caused thousands of lives to be lost (well probably like ten)

They blame him because HE IS RESPONSIBLE.

Well, Cap should have sat him down when they were at Tony's office or someplace calm and told him everything. But Cap kept the secret and just let everything keep getting worse.

still Cap's fault

Cap didn't make Tony attack Bucky. Tony's entire character did. Cap should've been honest about it but he wasn't the one who lashed out with homicidal rage. Tony's reaction was understandable even within just the terms of the movie itself, but he was never justified to attack Bucky in that situation.

Are you implying that what Tony did was not his fault or something he did under mind control?

It was still unclear. How long did Steve know? Winter Soldier? Civil war?

>I only watch capeshit so don't know how to watch movies
>I just watch CinemaSins later and have them explain why I don't like it

He didn't know it was specifically the Winter Soldier that did it, but he knew Hydra was involved.

That or Natasha's file at the end of Winter Soldier ("Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that string…") might've detailed what happened. Though I'm not sure of that.

Cap literally said he didn't know it was him though. In TWS he found out Hydra had Tony's dad killed but they never expanded on it at all.

Seriously. If anything that's consistent with Tony Stark is that he'll go for the most emotional, not necessarily right or outright wrong, response.

I'm not saying it isn't a valid explanation, but Tony says nothing about that at any point in the film. It would have helped a great deal with sympathy towards him if he had felt wrongly persecuted rather than going "YOU KILLED MY MOM".

I fucking hate CinemaSins, any problems I have with the film don't really have to do with the inane 'plot holes' he brings up, but moreso their blatant disregard for the source material.

I would have tried to kill him too.

I always took Tony's actions as an example of why the accords are a bad idea. Give someone unstable power and watch the fireworks go wrong.

Plus Sokovia is more or less his fault, Ultron was his idea even before Wanda fucked him up further.

At that point even Civil Scuffle wouldn't apply, might as well call it Captain America: Reasonable Disagreement.

>let's trust the previously mind-controlled guy without reservations because he's fine now, even though he has killed before

Fuck you, Steve. Just fuck you.

Who are you? Philip J. Fry?
You don't have characters say what they feel.

Do you mean the comics as the source material? Cuz that shouldn't count in any argument when dealing with the MCU

He was fine though

He saved Steve's life and flew under the radar for a couple years afterwards with no killing. Contact with him proved he had his memory back. SHIELD leaks detailed he was only taken out of the ice for missions then put back in. Without a mission he wasn't killing.

There was no reason not to trust him really, and whatever reservations Steve had, he was still his friend and Steve could still stop him, as proved in the last movie.

he wasnt admitted that he was wrong to think hydra didnt plant a fail safety in him in the form of activation codes

What actually broke his calm was Steve not telling him for 2 years, thou

He could've forgiven Bucky if Rogers was honest before all the shit hit the fan in Siberia

>friend
I'm still iffy about considering them friends personally

Doesn't he literally get reactivated in the fucking movie?

Wow, that would have been hilariously out of character for MCU Tony Stark. I mean its reasonable sure but it would have felt really weird coming from the character in question.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Yeah user I'm sure you'd be totally rational with finding out someone murdered your parents and your best friend covered it up

I'm pretty sure Cap literally just forgot to tell him, especially since he had no reason to conceal that information as he didn't know it was Bucky.

That's an insanely huge thing to forget.

I'm guessing you're not a very reliable person IRL?

Steve obviously didn't trust him completely without reservations and Bucky himself would've been the first to agree that he shouldn't be trusted. Hence why he agreed to go back to ice. But in that situation, Bucky was the only one Cap could count on to find out what Zemo was up to and to stop him. Without him, they would've had no leads. Protecting people from a potentially massive disaster takes priority over what issues Bucky could possibly cause on his own, even if he were to relapse.

I didn't say it wasn't stupid, just that he didn't actively try to suppress the information.

>projecting
the post

Tony did nothing wrong. Bucky isn't a regular person, he's a dangerous tool that's been used to murder more or less innocent people all over the world.
The thing people don't get? This man killed his parents, Tony has every right in the world to be furious.

>The thing people don't get? This man killed his parents, Tony has every right in the world to be furious.
Viewers often forget that not every character has the advantage of thinking with a clear head at all times. People get heated and do stupid stuff that feels right to them.

>viewers

don't mince words. They're autists.

There was this great study with autistic people about they watch a movie and a girl puts a jewel in one of two pots. Another girl comes out and moves the jewel from one pot to another. The viewer is asked which pot the original girl would look into, and the autistic people would say the pot that the jewel was moved to because they don't get the POV of the original girl.

I feel like a lot of fans are like that with Civil War. They just expect Tony to just know everything about Bucky because they watched it.