Will we ever get another movie like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Cool World?

Will we ever get another movie like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Cool World?

Probably not. It'd be something with 3D animation which might be creepy in it's own way.

If you mean a film that crosses animation and live-action, then the answer is, unfortunately, "Unfortunately Yes, Unfortunately".

And you can thank Sony for the glut of animation/live-action crossover films.

probably at some point we will get some "animated meets live action film" or at least a movie with a few scenes with this (if not a full movie)
i could easily see it being put in some CapeShit flick.
that begin said
we won't be getting an "adult" animated movie like that again. (i Know Roger Rabbit isn't really Adult but its fairly mature for a cartoon/live action disney movie)

They still do cartoons-in-the-real-world movies, but I wish they’d make them for adults again.

This. It happens all the fucking time now.
A better question is when do we get special effects and monsters with no CGI again?

No we won't. Because the animation industry is filled with bitch-ass pussies who are afraid to take risks.

Plus, Present Disney HATES Jessica Rabbit. Probably because they're worried Lasseter will stick his Dickey Mouse in her.

In 60 years, so you better get some cardio.

>but I wish they’d make them for adults again.
2D animation girls works great (and they're not doing 2D animation anymore) but 3D animation girls look like ass for the most part.

they have that new show HAPPY, but the cartoon thing is a flying unicorn that only one guy can see

this movie had pretty great live-action to animation interaction, looked a lot better than some attempts at having people interact with cgi things in modern movies.

She is still in Disney land at least. Best place to hide her is in toontown.

why would you? VR has the same experience

No, because the nobody is doing 2D animation anymore and where 2D is charming, 3D just falls into the uncanny valley when presented in live action

In terms of the ridiculous fanservice display? Yeah, I hope so. Making family friendly films is just too damn profitable, unfortunately.

Yes.

Take that shit to Sup Forums.

Possible, but on a long timeframe and don´t bet the house.

That feel when no Space Jam 2

>a new generation is safe from furry indoctrination

You know, even back in the day when they did this shit, like with Casper or Addams Family, they still had an OUNCE of entertainment value to someone other than kids. The visual design in Casper is fucking great and The Flintstones movie really captures that silly charm of the cartoon.

But Smurfs, Yogi Bear, Garfield are just like... Embarrassing to sit through. Paddington Bear is probably the only recent movie in years that is on that same level of "entertaining kids movie" as stuff like Matilda or Homeward Bound. A couple of cheesy scenes, but still genuinely charming in a simplistic way.

Was this Cancelled?

Well we have that woody woodpecker movie coming out

is it possible to make anime girls 3d without approaching uncanny valley in a live action setting?

But Zootopia exists...