European animation

Why is yuropoor animation so shit?

All child like sense of wonderment and imagination died in the blitz. Hitler ruined it for everyone.

I liked Secret of Kells. Still havnt seen Song of the Sea yet though

Euros aren’t afraid of anything being too childish

I could swear the OP was different
and, man, where did all the posts go?

Song Of The Sea was great. I liked it better than Kells.

We're not afraid to explore the darkness

Not only our animation is shit but also depressing pic related

pic unrelated, I assume
Personally I thought Kells was better but I seem to be in the minority in that view

>there are actual people in this thread who dont like the secret of Kells
?????

>muh leprecaun cartoon

Better than current burger """"""animation""""""

I enjoyed that shit more than I enjoyed burger shit like Frozen, even when Frozen has a bigger budget.

>A amerimutt complaining about our europe superior animation

Page turn

I don't watch the show but that design on the right is so unappealing

SOYBOYS

Nice bait.

Everybody knows it's bait seeing as its biggest influence was pic related.

Because Europe is a cultural graveyard user.

Like UP didn't have a sad theme to it just because it's not gory doesn't mean it can't be deep

Budgets and talent

And green pea ness

Pretty sure a europe based studio animated episodes of Foster's, Gumball, and Wander Over Yonder. Same studio is getting the new pony show in 2020.

yuropoors are barneyfags LMAO

Ever see Help! I'm a Fish? It looks fucking phenomenal with the exception of the shoddy CG in places

Yes, lots of penis envy.

Secret of Kells is more a retelling of a myth, while Song of the Sea is more a kid's story about growing up. That's probably why Kells' tone is so weird and different: it isn't just about some kid overcoming some hurdle and winning their treasure, but also about the town getting sacked and his eventual return. The story wasn't about getting the lens, even if that's what the action in the movie centered around. Song of the Sea, rather, was a more typical story you'd find in something animated and so it had the more typical rising and falling action, action climax at the end, and the resolution after all of that was completed.

Has anyone ever gave less of a fuck then Orson Welles?

your mother, after you were born

>One of the most recent animated films is about death and a total of three characters even die in the film, one of them permanently
>But lol only Europeans explore dark themes

>death and a total of three characters even die in the film
I love planet sheen!

>implying french animation isn't on par with what Japan puts out

anyone have the gif of the angry girl coming into an apartment and angrily throwing a washing machine out a window?

It's not even close.

>UP
>deep
Disney shills should be banned

MWAAAHHH THE FRENSH

I can only appreciate Kells in passing after studying some of the history of pagans and listening to shit-tons of nordic metal.

>mfw my ancestral culture is dead not because it fell out of popularity but because it was literally killed

Cartoon Saloon is amazing

But I want to know why Europeans are so shit at CGI animation. Why does everything 3D suck so horribly if it comes from Europe?

>three characters even die in the film, one of them permanently
woaw

Budget.

>one of them permanently

First I've heard of anyone not loving So'K.
Are you all just jealous because you never had an innocent woodland spirit friendfu?

>But I want to know why Europeans are so shit at CGI animation. Why does everything 3D suck so horribly if it comes from Europe?
Most european animation is for preschool age children so the budget isn't there.

The hell is that?

>YWN fuck a forest spirit
Why live?

>Doesn't recognize Thief and the Cobbler

>cuck fired for the cartoon he was making being so shit made himself homeless trying to fund his silent snoozefest

kek

Are you talking about Coco? That's not dark at all. It's all warm fuzzy Disney shit

Just because a character dies doesn't mean the movie is dark

And characters don't need to die for a movie to be dark