So what is the Sup Forumsnsensus on Dilbert television show?

So what is the Sup Forumsnsensus on Dilbert television show?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qW4cwCSf0hs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably the best adaptation of a comic into a cartoon I have ever seen.
If Calvin & Hobbes had been treated the same way, it could have worked.

I remember that episode where Wally became a Jesuslike figure.

Also the late Gordon Hunt who was a talented voice director, as well as husband of VA B.J. Ward and father of Helen Hunt voiced Wally in his only actual voice acting role.

When I was a kid I enjoyed the slapstick. Now that I work an office job, I understand everything.

Ranch or Cool Ranch?

....ranch?

made me laugh pretty hard "It's so small, I can't even find it"

Perfect balanced between faithfulness to the source material and new creative influence.

Thanks to Dilbert i put ketchup on all my meals.

better than the comic

Legit one of the best short-lived animated series ever. Sucks that Adams is such a cuck - but man the writers on this TV show were funny and smart and wished it got another season.

I still explain "The Knack" to friends and family when they ask "why I'm so good with technology"

Football? Did you say football?

Still baffled by the fact that the theme song is just Forbidden Zone's but without the lyrics.

I always thought that episode was about asperger's syndrome.

Did you know that there are no laws in space?

was awesome, don't know why they cancelled it

I ate some shrooms once and watched the episode where they make the fake employee, Tod. And catbert comes out and is going to fuck up their plan and he's like "Where's your TOD now?" that moment really stuck with me.

I believe in the theory that the garbageman is future dilbert.

It's awesome and there should be more.
(It's the opposite of Seth McFarlane)

Excellent show.

Dipshit creator.

>On November 22, 2006, when Adams was asked why the show was canceled, he explained:

>It was on UPN, a network that few people watch. And because of some management screw-ups between the first and second seasons the time slot kept changing and we lost our viewers. We were also scheduled to follow the worst TV show ever made: Shasta McNasty. On TV, your viewership is 75% determined by how many people watched the show before yours. That killed us.

UPN was a fucking trainwreck. Between this and Star Trek I can't think of a single decent show that was on that network.

It was a good cartoon adaption, but I think it was just too fucking weird for most people outside the comic strip's core fanbase.

>the worst TV show ever made: Shasta McNasty.
Come on now. It was incredibly low brow but it wasn't close to the worst TV show ever made. Still poor schedule choice, even though I did watch both of those shows back then despite them being on different channels in my country, they weren't really geared towards the same audience.

This is all I remember

What did Scott Adams do now? Correctly predicted Trump would get elected?

Great show, covering the time when the comic was at its strongest.

You know Adams has gone off the reservation the second he made Dilbert a fucking manager.

...wait, WHAT?

Yeah, Dilbert's a manager now.

Well Danny Elfman did compose both themes so he decided to bring out his Forbidden Zone theme and re-arranged it.

When?

Couple years ago. I don't know when exactly, He starts wearing a red polo shirt.

I'm looking through it and it doesn't seem any different. Are you sure it wasn't merely a dress code change instead of making Dilbert a manager?

Wait, don't tell me the Tie is gone.
That's his signature fashion accessory!

Yeah it's been gone for two years. Nothing about Dilbert being a manager though.

Can someone remind me the name of the shithole county knee-deep of mud?

Er make that "almost four" instead of two.

Elbonia?

it was better than 70% of adult animation

No he's not.

it was amazing at predicting the future

It was fantastic and deserved more episodes

Yes thank you, I'm downloading this shit this was aces.

Having worked for AT&T, and knowing that the creator worked for PacBell, I can confirm that Dilbert is about 80-100% accurate.

Fantastic show, me and my roommate will still break into Loud Howard bits

This precisely.

Hi Scott

Theme song was pretty catchy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qW4cwCSf0hs

One of my favourite animated sitcoms

LOUD HOWARD IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL

The mishandling of the Dilbert show felt very Dilbert-like. I wonder if he could do better on Netflix.

>So what is the Sup Forumsnsensus on Dilbert television show?
That i think you should kill yourself

When I watched it as a kid I had no idea Jerry Seinfeld was the voice of Comp-U-Comp.

this

He said
There's pie

I only remember two episodes
one where everybody in the company got some sort of mutant diease so Dilbert was put in charge of building a new company building that could accomidate everybody

and another where Dilbert went to a different company where there was no test marketers
and dilbert wanted them, so the company brought them in and the company folded

It was mediocre but the worst was having stone cold Steve autism on the show. It was out of place and completely unnecessary. And not in a funny way.

Lots of people predicted Trump would get elected, he was only down in the polls by like 3 points and Nate Silver spent the last two weeks of the election frantically warning anyone who would listen that Trump had a 33% chance of losing the popular vote but winning in the electoral college (as he did) and other aggregators were being way too confident in Clinton.

Scott's issue is that he interprets literally everything Trump ever does as being part of a genius master plan because Donald Trump is the greatest manipulator of all time etc., when Trump only barely beat a wildly unpopular Democrat who had the FBI announce it was reopening an investigation into her two weeks before the election, and he still only won in a fluky way.

To listen to Scott Adams tell it, you'd think Trump was the most popular and beloved man who ever lived. Even if you like Trump, I think most sentient people in America are aware that he's...divisive, and that not everyone in America is Sup Forums.

>Scott's issue is that he interprets literally everything Trump ever does as being part of a genius master plan because Donald Trump is the greatest manipulator of all time etc.

the absurd absolute tell for cognitive dissonance

Severely underrated.

It's good

Told the truth one too many times.

Dilbertman does what he does to sell books so he can keep banging his sexy 25 year old girlfriend.

>Lots of people predicted Trump would get elected

Whom and when?

Cause I remembered Adams made his claim back in like August 2015. I'd be interested in knowing if there were any others around that time.

>when Trump only barely beat a wildly unpopular Democrat

I thought they said she won the popular vote.

The only other prominent person to predict Trump's win as far back as Adams did was Michael Moore. He was screaming warnings for two years, but the Dems ignored him.

>I thought they said she won the popular vote.
Wildly unpopular people can still win the popular vote. The co-occurrence of the word "popular" doesn't really mean anything if they hate you but begrudgingly vote for you.
Was true of Edward Heath in Britain's 1974 election as well. (Well, sort of. He was wildly unpopular with men, but had a huge lead - like 7%+ - with women. Though this could be less down to personal popularity and more down to Labour being aligned with the male-dominated Trade Union movement.) And maybe Tony Blair in 2005 (Won the popular vote and election, but had only 35% of the total votes cast - the lowest of any post-WW2 government to win an election, and often lower than parties that lost elections.)

I remember Loud Howard yelling about the food being gone and I remember Wally programming in COBOL to fix Y2K.

Get out more. She is unpopular, which caused her to lose Democrat states to Trump. All those extra votes in New York and Cali don't matter because we have an Electoral College. We're a republic not a democracy, although we use a mix of both.

well, I HEARD A RUMOR

Amazing how accurate this show still is.

Dilbump

>no one wants to look at crap, when they can look at:
THE BLUE DUCK!

>welcome to another episode of Painting with Rusty Shanks
>last week, I taught you how to paint shrubbery using your own head as a brush
>today, we'll take a ride into the wild world of abstract art
>let's say you wanted to express something- say, a fear of caterpillars- what color would you choose?
>that's right- it's our friend, taupe!
>and what shape works best with taupe?
>if you said "octagon," you're right!
>we'll represent the octagon with a dot, and the color taupe will be represented by the color orange...

Its a nice show. A drink every time a character fellates the concept of engineer/being an engineer and you`ll fucking die 10 minutes in.

Seriously ,e n so,e folk just tried it and had to stop. They have a major hardon for Engineering!(tm)

Youse might wants to check your liver

Was this comment procedurally generated?

Sorry i dont use autocorrect. Watch one episode of dilbert. They never shut the fuck up about Engineering!™

>we now return to Painting, without Rusty Shanks

YOU STUPID BITCH

To be honest, either Trump is an absolute moron that somehow bumbled his way into being one of the richest men in the US and the president of the US, or he's an actually competent and skilled entrepreneur that succesfully pull a moron facade so that he's constantly underestimated.

He's a celebrity that ran against a dead in the water candidate. All he had to do at that time is be the second most hated person in the country, and he pulled it off.

As far as how he got rich, he was born that way.

How did he win in the primaries?

Because the primaries were a fucking clown car and he was the most reasonable candidate out of the lot. Also, he hated Obama more than the others.

it was the Nostradamus of our time.

In the end, your opinion on Trump depends on your opinion on the rest of the Country.

Are the US so full of idiots that a moron with a celebrity status could actually bumble his way to presidency without being stopped by anyone more competent than him? If you think yes then Trump is an idiot. If you think not then he's a skilled man that successfully gamed the system.

A combination of both. Both parites have gamed the system so hard that the election is really only decided in a select few states, all of which have very badly performing schools.

By being, or at least appearing to be, the only one of the field who would actually fight. The primary base got tired of the Romneys and the McCains who would show up and be lukewarm and moderate enough to get their own voters to stay home, while the other side was assured daily that any (R) in a general election was an extremely extreme extremist who must be stopped at any cost. They figured, hey, if we're going to get trashed on social media no matter who we pick, we might as well pick the one guy who's punching back.