This character makes no sense

This character makes no sense.
He acts like he has some kind of disability, and acts 10 times more unhinged and antisocial than even Anakin, he has weird autism facial ticks etc.
But Anakin had a fucked up life and this clown had a great life that he threw away because Snoke corrupted him (????) ???????

Why are people pretending that this character makes sense, or is a good character in any way other than Driver doing 'fine I guess' with the nonsensical character he's been given?

It does not seem like this autismal freak could have EVER been a somewhat normal child. The way he's played makes no sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=J06XxIM6CsA
youtu.be/2lCW-iaOZ_M?t=9m25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's just a radar technician jeez

I like his design.

That is my contribution to this thread.

FUCK I forgot to put "Kylo Ren" in the subject line.

you put his name in the image name though so it's fine

>giving the script to different writers each episode which are all part of an integral story
>Thinking this was ever a good idea in general of story telling
>Each hack director just keeps making him more autistic without any other characterization because there is no set plan on how to show his character develop and flourish over three movies.

Go fucking figure OP. What do you even expect? Did you expect these movies to be good? any of these characters to be interesting or decent when it's just fucking directors passing bataons back and forth after sticking their dick into the shit story gumbo and trying to "revolutionize" and make the story "different". It's all shit and will continue to be shit, this whole story is episode 4-6 but now not-vader is an autist that gets triggered at stupid shit and then blows any advantage they had to fufill his autism trigger.

Mark my words, episode 9 will end with Darth Autist dying because he got triggered by a passing snowflake that looked like han, and will leave himself completely open to be murdered.

At what point will people admit that the prequels are better?

>movie hs some actually neat details like Kylo using his goofy saber hilt to block an attack
>writers forget to even mention the Knights of Ren who presumably just sit around and do fuck all

But they subverted your expectations so that means it's good

I expected it to be awful to terribly mediocre

The NT being bad doesn't retroactively make the PT good.

I'm at that point now. The prequels aren't good but at least they made sense

Not to mention that Anakin's Force Ghost could have stopped him anytime from being Darth LARPer, but of course they will never address that.

Not to mention that he does only evil deeds yet claims to be "conflicted"

It's tailor-made for the vapid tumblr generation who get wet over bad boys, and he's not even Hiddleston-handsome, looks like a horse kicked him in the face

Kylo Ren is my favorite character in the star wars universe tbqh

Critics don't want to give up their lavish showings so they won't bad mouth Star Wars

I think he makes sense, looking at his life I can easily piece it together and say "yeah there's a good chance someone in his situation would become an unhinged manbaby."

Though it'd be easier to swallow if his character was younger imo.

His character is supposed to be early 30s at the oldest.

To old for this angst shit then

He's a fucking manchild, there is no "too old for this shit" when he's defined by an inability to let it go.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ

>Why are people pretending that this character makes sense, or is a good character in any way other than Driver doing 'fine I guess' with the nonsensical character he's been given?
Can't say because I still don't understand how anyone think he is "deep" or "complex" character. He is terribly written.

He's """""cool""""" and """""hot""""" according to """""fangirls""""".

>Not to mention that he does only evil deeds yet claims to be "conflicted"
This. The dude is just a bad seed.

Oh wow you found a possible inconsistency in star wars, truly the franchise is done, can't enjoy it anymore, not like in the good old days when it was masterful 100% foolproof writing and accurate science, all planned and envisioned beforehand, not making shit up as you went along.

Why would Vader have anything to do with young Solo, they have no emotional connection.

He doesn't CLAIM to be conflicted, he is shown to be, he wants to be be free of conflict but he isn't. He keeps hesitating but still pushes for the dark by choice.
What the fuck is that logic that he can only be conflicted if he does some good and bad shit.

You seem to have some virgin ideas about attractiveness, I'll leave you to it.

He's the ultimate devil. He had everything and still decided to go to the dark side. He's nowhere a complex or deep character, but he's not that incoherently written. A complete manchild.

>Though it'd be easier to swallow if his character was younger imo
Yeah, his age make it hard to take him seriously.

Never said that

>autistic anger
>idolizes villains of the past
>leads the first order with their super weapons and nazi imagery
>those awkward love/hate interactions with Rey
This dude is fucking Sup Forums itself in the SW galaxy.

He is the literal definition of manchild. There's nothing more to him than that.

Nice fanfic

>Not to mention that he does only evil deeds yet claims to be "conflicted"

This is what really bugs me about Kylo. His actions so far have been more villainous than Vader's were in the OT, and yet while the possibility of Vader being redeemed wasn't presented until ROTJ, we're supposed to believe that there's hope for Kylo as early as TFA. Yeah, I'm really hoping that the guy who ordered the extermination of an entire village, allowed the destruction of five planets, and murdered his own father, who was willing to forgive everything he'd ever done, for the purpose of further solidifying his allegiance to the dark side gets a happy ending.

>hates both sides of the coin
>thinks the coin needs to be discarded wholesale
>correct opinions
Bad guy

>luke hates both parties
>thinks the coin needs to be discarded wholesale
>beaten by Rey and infantalised by Yoda
Fallen from grace

>Rey loves the coin (system)
>toes the jedi line for no reason
>steals, lies, attacks unarmed people
Good guy (goy)

Pretty accurate desu. Luke and Ben are right. Fuck all the sides and shit. They've been garbage for the galaxy and something new should replace them. Their somewhat grey jedi/exile approach to things was the ONLY good thing about TLJ

>Why would Vader have anything to do with young Solo, they have no emotional connection.
Luke literally had no deep connection to vader. He met him twice, once while losing his hand at bespin, and the next him sparing him from getting murdered because "He saw the good in vader."

There's no real deep emotional connection there to anakin as a character outside of luke showing humility for his enemy but he still saw anakin. I'm pretty much convinced that force ghosts are going to be bullshit deus ex machnias that show up whenever the fucking feel like it as long as someone isn't closed off to the force for the sake of bullshit explanation for character progression when there is no other way.

What bothers me more about him is how many people ship him and Rey. I get they have their awkward connection and moments but the dude's just too fucking autistic and Hot Topic-tier to seem stable enough for romance (or any kind of love, really).

Rey belongs with Finn

Why do people treat this franchise like it's the Bible?

Even at its best it was a vehicle to sell ad place and worthless merchandise and toys.

>virgin ideas
Hole begone

dumb blackedposter

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

MOICHENDISING! MOICHENDISING!

Finn should have fucking died by throwing himself into that gun instead of having a random fat asain girl who just met him 12 hours ago "fall in love" with him and in turn magically "save" his life by crashing into him in a side blind but magically both not fucking dying in rickety death machines that were barely running to begin with.

More importantly literally none of the gunners who had been shooting seconds before stopped him running to her, making a splint or dragging her across miles and miles and miles of salt.
Fucking retarded.

People love whiny, pathetic and incompetent villains for some reason.

Finn's got that plot armor man, he's not from the OT so obviously he can't die.

Rose's feelings towards Finn were kind of an asspull. Both were friends, but the gingerly-kiss-and-then-pass-out thing came out of fucking nowhere.

I feel it's to single out Kylo as the only romantic interest for Rey, IMO. I wouldn't mind it but the Reylo shippers are fucking everywhere and the overexposure made me happy for every single moment in TLJ that showed Rey being interested in anyone other than the autistic space nazi.

Nah man you can't defend this:

Asian girls are supposed to be prime waifus, Rose Tico failed spectacularly. They should’ve hired a prettier waifu.

I totally agree about that. (Still that's more of a connection than no connection at all)
I was just replying to this dude's "point".

Really this is an argument against OT writing if anything.

Never really defended it, it came out of fucking nowhere and I acknowledge it. I expected Finn to live via some other asspull but not like that.

There isn't a single good villain in these movies. I guess he'd work as a troubled teenager, but isn't he a +30 yo man?

This isn't a Sup Forums subject, fuck off to

All of it came out of nowhere. "I love you random guy who showed up in our rebellion 72-98 hours ago who helped us destroy not deathstar. Even though I know you tried to desert us and the rebellion 8 hours ago thus the stories I heard about your heroics are greatly exaggerated and you are really a coward. I'm going to fall in love with you!"

Yeah, I really fall into love with people and I am totally willing to risk my life and theirs in a high speed land based speeder crash to "save" them in a span of 8 hours.

>Sup Forums manbabies are mad that their garbage threads with 1 reply an hour are getting shoved off for starwars lore talk.

No one cares about your shitty "What was their problem Sup Forums?" threads.

Ah but now for the real question, is he better or worse then his alternate reality brother?

They are both garbage and we shouldn't have to settle this as "Well at least he wasn't as garbage as the legends version...." Both of them are mistakes in writing.

at least he had a clear reason for falling to the darkside

He was less pathetic than Ren. The execution of his story was kinda bad though due to Denning and Traviss.

Razorfist pointed out something very true.

Dude killed his dad to prove that he's evil.
Motherfucker has the same motivations as Skeletor.

AotC was a very shitty film, so it's hard to define TLJ as worse than that, even if it is.
But I always considered the people who thought any nuWars movie to be better than Ep3 idiots.

Way ahead of you.

And gay men fuck a woman to prove they are straight to their families and friends who are judgmental. Kylo ren has proven he's a straight from the book autist who can't handle conflicting feelings. He killed snoke because he called kylo a shitty vader wanabe who isn't even 1/10th the man vader was and putting on a mask doesn't make you vader magically. Anyone who tells him "No. You're fucking stupid and bad." gets on his shitlist of sperg fury and he can't process the feelings of being told he's bad at something I guess or what he did was wrong.

He isn't evil, hes fucking retarded and it's trying too hard to prove he's evil by doing what he's told but he never actually falls to the evil. He thinks if he magically kills his dad, he will now be vader, and be evil. He's trying to be something he isn't, or is slightly? I don't know how the fuck are you supposed to tell what a true character an autist is supposed to be except garbage. Just give him arthur or some other preschooler garbage to watch and obsess about and this vader phase will be over.

youtube.com/watch?v=J06XxIM6CsA

This certainly feels like a good summary of Kylo to me.

Well I thought the relation between Rey and Kylo was the weirdest thing in TLJ, even though the chubby one fell in love in Finn in less than 18h.
Maybe it's a war thing.
But let's not pretend that every relationship has to be about love and romance, dicking is an option too.

But seriously they hint at too many ships, first Finn and Poe bromance, then Finn and Rey, then Rey and Kylo (ass pulled), then Finn and what'shername (kinda ass pulled), then Rey and Poe (quite a look they shared).. and it's only 2 movies.

Sup Forums GET OUT

Make me, bitch.

Vader was as much of a bitch as Kylo is (in a George TrueVsion™ PT), but we met him in OT when he was old and past that.

>We lost best girl and the expanded universe to another shit trilogy directed by cucks and women
>Dark Forces isn't canon anymore

This is the worst possible timeline

>Women
youtu.be/2lCW-iaOZ_M?t=9m25s

Yeah Revan is a pretty cool design

So assuming kylo went through with his betrayal in his early teens and he's currently supposed to be in his early 30's, given 10 years, to stop being an autistic screeching bitch and he's still being one. Vader had 19 years before we see him again. I'm pretty sure if vader acted like a screeching bitch for 10 years, palpatine would have pulled his plug and tried to find a new apprentice. The dude goes through apprentices who are garbage like nothing.

This is going based on the fact I never bothered reading EU vader, and since it isn't canon anymore, even in established lore before 19 years that you see in rebels he isn't acting like a total autist.

>another fucking Sup Forums thread about this shit movie

COMICS and CARTOONS you retards, what do you not fucking understand about this shit?

>canon your believing heart is the true canon. Nothing disney makes is canon until I choose otherwise.
I might let Filoni's new stuff exist if he goes back to TCW quality after the shit fest that was rebels

Palpatine did think Vader was a bitch and did want to replace him.

Also Vader =/= Kylo.

>M-Maybe if I post this enough in different variations I'll be right!

Everyone point and laugh at the wanabe janitor whose mad that his shit ruby gloom threads don't get as many replies frequently.

>Decided to read the Legends books since its been awhile and the last ones I read was Death Star and the first of the Vong books.
>Go onto the old wookieepedia to find the list of books.
>going to skip everything pre Episode 3 since that's literally fifty thousand years of made up history.
>This user reminds me of Mara Jade.
>Look up her page to find all the books she was since that should be a good smaller list of EU books barring the Vong ones and the one she gets killed in.
>her pedia page is as long as a book itself and she's been in so many books, audio books, comics, and games It'll take years to go through them all.

Anyone got a recommended reading list of Empire era and onwards old EU books and comics because this is abit much?

I'm just saying man, I don't care all that much about SW.
I don't think it matters at all, but Vader got played, simply lost all reason to be spazing about and became Emperors bitch.
Kylo is still actively working on destroying his tethers.

Kylo is trying to play a role that he thinks he is fit for was my original point. Anakin chose to go to the dark side and the PT showed him and his severing connections to everything that would keep him attached to the light side.

Kylo already did that and committed himself to the dark side for 10 years, and he's still being an autistic sperging mess. Like the jedi order didn't sit around a table saying "We can see anakin gave his heart over to the dark side. He pledged himself to it, we must think of a plan B." while he was still in the jedi order.

Kylo isn't choosing the dark side, faggot. That's the whole point. He's choosing himself. Jedi and sith can sit and spin. We new order now, beyond the good and evil. He didn't kill his dad to be evil he killed his dad because his family is entrenched in the old ways. His uncle is a jedi master, his master is a sith lord. Notice how Kylo never called himself Darth anything? Notice how he killed Snoke? Notice how he doesn't care that Rey hangs out with luke?
He just wants to start a new era of. That and he wants to run it.

never

Prequels are better than disney
Filoni fixed the prequels with TCW

Empire era
>Han Solo Trilogy
>Shadows of the Empire (comic and novel actually differ)
Empire's decline in the first 2 years after RoTJ,
>X-Wing comics
>X-Wing novels (#1-4 about the conquest of Coruscant)
Empire makes a comeback
>Thrawn Trilogy
>Dark Empire I (skip II and Empire's End) + Crimson Empire
Luke's new Jedi Academy
>I, Jedi (this replaces the shitty Jedi Academy trilogy)
End of the War
>Hand of Thrawn duology (this and the Thrawn Trilogy are the only important books about Mara Jade in that era. Most in between are just cameos)

For other books you should just follow authors rather than series. Zahn, Stackpole, Allston, Luceno and Stover are good picks.

Vong era and beyond are just very long series that suffer from increasingly bad writing. You could give the Legacy comics a try which take place after a long timeskip. The first Legacy series about Cade Skywalker is ok with some issues, the second about Ania Solo is pretty good and a nice send off for the EU.

Also the only prequel era book you will ever need is Darth Plagueis.

I can't believe they took an autistic school shooter concept as a main villain of the sequel trilogy

Also there's some Empire era stuff with Jade: Allegiance, Choices of One and By the Emperor's Hand

That's not how it works. The movies are still shit.

He didn't think Vader was a bitch, he was just angry that he was weaker than he supposed to be due to his injuries.

Also, Anakin had a legitimate reasons to bitch about in PT while Ben is just manchild throwing tantrums because he want to be "eviiiiil". Kylo is the true definition of being a whiney bitch.

But we got a good series out of it so that's something.

Thanks user.

>Kylo isn't choosing the dark side, faggot.
Except he did, if he didn't he wouldn't have a red kyber crystal.
>He didn't kill his dad to be evil he killed his dad because his family is entrenched in the old ways.
He literally killed his dad because snoke told him to and his connection to his father made his autistic struggle with staying committed to the dark side a trial. So he hoped in killing his father he would be free of doubt or regret for letting his parents down. Han solo and leiah weren't entrenched in the old ways, the fuck you get this from?
>Notice how Kylo never called himself Darth anything?
> his master is a sith lord
Snoke wasn't a sith lord. Darth is a title that is important in the sith society to declare someone a sith master. Thus a title that would not be used in this case.
>Notice how he killed Snoke?
He killed snoke in an autistic fit of rage because he shat on him for being a shitty apprentice and how he needs to stop being a wanabe vader, and that's hes a piece of garbage compared to vader's prowess.
>Notice how he doesn't care that Rey hangs out with luke?
He does. He hates luke and the jedi order because luke considered murdering him in his sleep. He went on a full sperg spree when he saw luke's image stand before him and try to oppose him.

Also kylo is a fucking vader wanabe. He fetishized vader, a sith lord. He even kept vader's helmate by his bedside. To think he wasn't trying to commit to the dark side is sheer stupidity.

I think Kylo is legit autistic.

>since it isn't canon anymore
Why it's not canon? I thought that only stories that are set post ROTJ in EU are non canon.

They wanted to start from scratch with TFA. So the only things they kept were the six previous episodes + The Clone Wars CGI show.

I couldn't add in this insult, but if this is rein, and this is what you were trying to imply in your abortion of episode 8, you did a real fucking shit job at it. Maybe next time focus on actual dialogue that explain people's intentions instead of having scenes of luke milking giant beasts along with ship concepts that only work with GRAVITY which DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST IN SPACE YOU FUCKING HACK.

80% of your movie was filler garbage with plot holes the size of the is the Mariana's trench.

After the Disney acquisition of Lucas films, nothing was canon that was in EU. The only things that survived the canon nuke was the 6 trilogy films and the cartoon star wars the clone wars.

I know there is SOME vader content now as of where we stand, but not as expansive and descriptive as it was before EU nuke.

>Kylo is trying to play a role that he thinks he is fit for was my original point.
Oh i totally agree with that and that's why he's unbalanced, he's just weaker than he imagines himself to be.
No, he's just a raging lost boy who wanted to be a Big Guy Vader, he killed his father to test himself and it didn't work out.
After being humiliated he chose to fuck it all.
Basically this is all true.

But that doesn't make any sense. If the first six movies plus TCW show are canon, then why the media related to them aren't? I always considered EU to be just the stories beyond ROTJ.

>I always considered EU to be just the stories beyond ROTJ.
For what reason

Because clean slate. Disney didn't want to do lucas's vision and wanted their own. Thus they wanted to create a universe without tripping in the 30 years of numerous lines of red tape littered throughout all of EU that were made by dudes who these new writers have never heard of.
Lucas used to be the god king of EU lore and I believe (I may be wrong) he approved mostly everything before it was published. With lucas gone, there was no one around to oversee this mess and they didn't want to bother learning it.

Because of Lucas saying this:

>"there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

Lucas also thought that jarjar binks was going to be a beloved and wanted character. I don't really understand lucas's vision.

I like his design in that everything about it feels like he's trying too hard to be Darth Vader but just doesn't match up.

You are wrong. Lucas read some EU stories, but he didn't actually give a shit about anything Star Wars he didn't work on and considered it all fanfiction.

Understand it or not, he is the dude who created star wars and his opinion count for something.