So Cartoon Network has decided to celebrate New Years day by officially premiering Unikitty...

So Cartoon Network has decided to celebrate New Years day by officially premiering Unikitty. Six new episodes have premiered today counting the three times they've aired an episode over the last month as a sneak peek that means that 9 episodes have been released so far. Anyways thoughts on the show Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!95J0hCxS!tBhPk-zSR6mYORUmYHHPnw
twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/946839702015012865
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything that adds diversity to the lineup. Not like SJW diversity, just a break from TTGo.

This. Like holy shit something PLEASE stick. CN is in an absolutely desperate position for any new material that doesn't disappear after a month or two.

good i hope cn stagnates and dies

where can i download the fucking episodes?

>thoughts
I've seen the episode with the board game. It was LOUD and so boring I can't even be assed to hoard episodes for marathoning. Kitty completely lacks the charm from the movie.

>posting this
why

>where can i download the fucking episodes?
iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Video, and Fandango all have it.

Also, really loving it so far. I haven't felt this way about a show since the one with the magical talking ponies in it (the first two seasons, anyway. Let's see how long the feeling lasts for this show). I hope it doesn't drown in TTG in a month or two.

>why

you have to embrace the freedom of american way of life.

nice trips and even nicer twink

ok now you can stop

Might be the next TTG. If not, going to Boomerang.

Only the time will know. I already watched two new episodes today.

Watched three of them so far. Kids and young teens might be watching it as well so it could get good ratings.

AHHHHHH

Don't have cable, so I got the series on iTunes. Really like it so far. Here's hoping it does well.

>Advertised as being from the creators of TTG
>Aaron is a producer but (outside most of the writers writing the ep Movie Night) literally no one else worked on TTG

>Don't have cable
Guess it's going into Boomerang.

They actually just said "You like TTG and The Lego Movie! Now have a mix of those things!".

Does the fate of CN cartoons rely on cable ratings THAT much? What about toy sales?

When was the last time CN actually sold merchandise?

The show is produced by WB Animation, so they’ll be getting the lion share of the toy sales, not CN.

Disney and Nick exist as well. Heard Nick is cancelling Bunsen the Beast even though it got decent ratings.

Can anyone put them up on a Google drive? CN is trying to make me watch like 5 episodes of TTG and Gumball between each new Unikitty episode.

They'll repeat the UniKitty episodes. Plus, you got the counter on the top screen of the TV to see the next one coming up.

Dr. Fox is a cute.

Drive/Mega anyone?

Gotta say, I like Puppy-Corn. He seems fun

This show is shit. Unikitty is fucking annoying. And I don't mean because Tara Strong voices the character. She is basically a worse version of Pinkie Pie. Completely spastic and flanderized right at the get go.

The other characters ironically are better in that they could carry a whole show given their archetypes. Well except the dog since he's just dumb and unfunny. Sup Forums will spam this because it's a new furry waifu voiced by Tara Strong, but this show is horrible. Hope it doesn't last very long because it's a licensed show.

so can someone explain to me why Tara voices Unikitty in the show will Allison Brie voiced her in the movie. Strong is a great VA but its not like its hard to get Brie in a booth

At the height of Adventure time so 2011ish

He's voiced by Azulu. That's why he's blue

>comparing this show to MLP characters

annnnnd you lost me

not to mention the wrong characters from that show

Could you stop with the autistic "Oh no MLP got mentioned! Now everything is invalidated and ruined!" This garbage got old years ago.

I know Sup Forums hates Adventure time, but at least it changed things and breathed so fresh life into the shit show at Cartoon Network had become.

>iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Video, and Fandango all have it.

it's not autistic to believe MLP is bad and that you using its characters as a metric is dumb

I'm digging Unikitty for what its worth

Anybody have links for the new episodes tonight?

>not autistic
>digging Unikitty

Mlp it's miles better than this shit.

I have a feeling you haven't seen MLP if you think it's bad.

Allison Brie costs more

it has potential

I already know CN's strategy and they are going to slowly replace TTG with this after they stop airing new episodes. This is the new TTG that will take up 50% of the schedule weekly if not more. This is why the show is getting a debut treatment unlike anything ever seen before and why it's so spread out and consistent. They want every kid to see this shit and get hooked.

>see this shit and get hooked

Who do they think they are, Big Tobacco? You don't just get to do that, its has to be earned through years of hard work and hiding the fact your product is literally cancer causing...Oh wait

and now you've lost me.

this is probably what I fear most. It's gonna be Optimistic Tara Strong 20 hours a day.

Dose anybody have links for the new episodes that aired this morning

NO FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Please help me

were are the links?

In all seriousness, search Kimcartoons. They will probably have the new episodes up by tomorrow.

Not that user, but I have seen MLP, and it went to down the tubes during and after season 3.

We also get optomistic but low self confidence Grey DeLisle too though

No it didn't. That's just an excuse to hop off the fadwagon. The only bad season is 6.

does no one search Cartoon Network's video page? There's at least six on there.

>Unikitty has better action sequences than TTgo

The crew must have hated ttgo as much as everyone else because they're actually putting work into this

Nah. I hated that the most boring horse was getting all the focus compared to everyone else, and season 3 and beyond just solidified that. Also, Pinkie got way more annoying in that timeframe as well.

>The crew must have hated ttgo as much as everyone else because they're actually putting work into this
I noticed that too. Animation's definitely a step up from TTG. I heard though that the team's totally separate from the TTG crew though.

Look at the credits. Theres like no TTG people other than a few executives it seems. At least none I recognize. Maybe a background artist or something?

I think it's more of WB's decision for the artstyle rather than anyone from TTG. Pic related is how the crew draws them.

Richard is the best character.

whatever happened to magiswords?

Last July, the show had a nuke of episodes that were almost all the season 1 episodes left to air for the entirety of the month, then went on hiatus, then came back in December (unfortunately only on the app, AND unannounced) the last four episodes of the season were released. Now it's back on hiatus with countless season 2 episodes waiting to air.

Unikitty is bar none the most nothing cartoon I've ever watched. It's as if you made an entire show out of one of those cartoons that plays in the background of ANOTHER cartoon.

why pay to make a show and do that?

>Casey Alexander is a director on this
Good to see him get work after Billy Dilley was killed in its sleep I guess

Because CN executives are retarded and they always have been. Same shit goes for Nick. Once a show doesn't go as successful as the network hoped, it either gets sent and shipped to a sister network to die or just silently go on hiatuses and make sure it never get successful.

at least its not as bad as TTG or nu10

You either haven't watched NuBen10 and TTG or you haven't watched Unikitty.
Or some combination of the two.

Unikitty is the cutest, obviously, but Hawkodile is the funniest. They're all great though, particularly Puppycorn, who's much more endearing than I though he would be initially.

is this a jojo reference?

everything is a jojo reference

I've uploaded the first three episodes of Unikitty, in case anybody is interested. I'll upload the rest of the episodes as soon as they come on iTunes. Does anyone know how long it takes for episodes to be uploaded there after their initial airing?

Nice digits btw.

For CN and many others, it's usually the next day after it airs on television.

Cool, then it shouldn't be too much longer. I'll upload them as soon a I can.

Is it good? Okay?
My instant reaction was "oh hi tara strong"

It's alright. Puppycorn is a special boi.

Unikitty is highly loud, spastic, and generally annoying. If you can tolerate that? The show is for you. If not, avoid because you will get mad.

Unless you're a furry waifur fag.In which case you'll love Unikitty's grating behavior. Tara Strong has one of the easiest jobs ever, voice annoying characters and get paid many many many thousands of $$$. Sure it's not as simple a gig like Pikachu's voice actress or the Minions, but still must be nice to have life on Easy Mode like that. Even Tom Kenny needs to try a little hard to make Spongebob's annoying voice work.

>When Lego Movie came out people had threads about how a tv show would actually work
>Film with a bunch of amazing side characters that all work because of the chemistry they all had with each other
>Only make a show about one of them
>Make a show about the one that is second most reliant on other characters to bounce off her
Unikitty worked well not so much of her but how she would react with the more cynical characters and dire situations and vice versa. If they wanted to focus on a singular character they should've done Lego Batman or Bad/Good cop who are the ones that function best as singular comic reliefs.

The only other character who would probably be worse is Benny, who don't get me wrong is funny, but strictly works as a side character.

>Lego Batman
He got his own movie.
>Bad/Good cop
His shtick would get old just as fast.

The application of her voice just makes me think about Sari and Bubbles the entire time I'm trying to watch these clips... and listening to her in this, Unikitty would have really benefited from them going with the more subtle Sari-esque Tara voice.

I would not want to watch this show you're pitching and are convinced would work

Unikitty is for hugs.

Please don't let this thread die during the night. I wan't to at least upload the rest of the episodes before it does.

Did the episode about the crush air? How did it end?

>t. "mr." "Enter"

It ended with Hawkidile becoming very small and having to talk with Dr. about fixing his problem. While Dr. Fox is studying meteor showers, she tells Hawk to "pretend that she was his crush". Hawk then decides to "confess" his love for Dr. Fox, which leaves her in shock and amazement about how he feels... until she gets distracted by the showers. Hawk finally turns back to normal size. Then the next day as everyone is walking down the street, Fox asks Hawk who really was his crush, which causes him to sweat and stammer. He lies and points quickly to a random lady LEGO character and say that was his crush. Fox just says a "oh okay" and everyone keeps walking along. The twist is that the random character actually did have a crush on Hawk, making a heart fall on her.

Why does everyone always "t." Mr. Enter? Why is he so special on here?

Because he's a symbol of autism.

it animated pretty well, but the humor sticks to fast paced loud yelling. maybe it will shape up and be good or maybe it'll sink in a month, who knows

Unikitty is the most obnoxious character I've ever been forced to hear

ive watched both
nu10 is the only cn show that makes me actively flip the channel

Well, he IS on the autistic spectrum. His reviews tend to be quite interesting because of his autism though.

God help me, I don't know why but Tara Strong's version of Unikitty makes me feel things I do not want to feel. Please send help.

I know exactly what you mean. Her chemistry with Puppycorn is adorable as well.

BTW the latest 6 episodes just got released on iTunes, so my link at will be updated shortly with those episodes after I download/strip/upload the files.

This was a fun episode, especially the end.
> We need this Giant Robot. For reasons!
twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/946839702015012865

The new episodes are being uploaded right now. They should all be available in around an hour (my internet is unusually slow right now). They'll be here when they're finished.

Done! Episodes 1-9 have been uploaded. Enjoy!

Thanks, UnikittyMEGAnon.

Thank you. I will sure enjoy all episodes.

They still have Steven Universe Funko Pops, if that counts.

They don't think kids notice/care. That's why Pokemon's dub voices have been shit since Pokemon Company took over from 4Kids.

>implying the original dub voices weren't just as shit

>Funko Pops
Disgusting