Another thread about Jack season 5

>Jack couldn't sacrifice one feral bitch he met two weeks ago for the sake of multiple enslaved races and planets, not to mention all his 50-year friends and allies because he wanted his dick wet
>he could easily forget about all his friends he's gathered over the 50 years that would be gone after he went back because all he wanted was to get his dick wet

Why did Genndy insist on ruining Jack to the point where he cared about getting the P and nothing else?

It was a great season, I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy it.

I agree
It was shite

Turns out he was a hack all along. I just like to pretend season 5 was nothing but the first 3 episodes. It's a lot more satisfying.

I'd posit the IDEA was similar to Bogart's character in Casablanca, where an enormously war weary and disheartened but straight laced man has something dragged out of him by the dame to end all dames. The problem with Jack is that getting the audience to believe that he'd do what he'd do by going against everything the world has beaten into him takes such a female performance that it really requires bottled lightning. It works in Casablanca because Ingrid Bergman is that dame, she has the chemistry and presence that's near impossible to duplicate. Ashi does NOT have that same screen presence and chemistry with Jack, hence why it feels so forced and hokey.

>Jack wiped the slate clean and made sure pretty much everyone that lived in Aku's future no longer exists
>great season

No.

The change of pace and tone before and after Episode 3 ended was evident.
Remember how Genndy wanted the conclusion of Samurai Jack to be a movie? The level of fluidity and quality and detail in the first three episodes sharply contrast with whatever garbage we got afterward.

Ashi will forever be known to ruin Season 5.

By dying yeah she ruined the season

Which isn't fair, because Genndy wrote her. He was in complete control, but people are still acting like women ruin everything.

They seriusly tried to super rush this big redemption and romance plot after episode 3. Every major “character development” point by Jack and Ashi was out of nowhere and not developed at all. The romance episode was also just plain hard to watch because of those cringey handholding jokes for half an episode. The final resolution also just paints Aku as retarded, its lame that the final answer was “hey Ashi is a match for Aku” anyway but on top of that its made evident that aku could have sent himself back in time at any point, ending Jack’s and even the emperor’s birth to begin with.

First off, Jack didn't jump into the time portal; Ashi pulled him in, so the decision was not his. I don't know why you fags keep getting it wrong; there are plenty of questionable decisions and scenes and sequences to hate or dislike, but that one isn't one of them.
Second, Jack's position here is that of a man who's being proven right over and over in the worst possible way.
He's come to terms with the idea that everything he loves dies before him in the name of his quest. At this point Jack had already given into suicide and Ashi's intervention was the only thing that kept him from impaling himself. His entire home was gone at this point and the one thing he could do was try to kill Aku and live the rest of his life with Ashi in a shit world. And then she turns into a monster because of Aku after meeting him for the first time in decades and asks him to kill her. Do you not understand why Jack would be done by this point and wishing he could just die already?

user... it's ok. They won't get it, even if you slap this on their faces

Yeah user you just have to ignore them. I've tried reasoning with these kinds of people, they just don't listen.

Impressive reasoning

It's really strange to end it the way they did. You'd think they would want Jack to have a happy ending, the people he met to have a happy ending, but instead we got left such a bittersweet note.

Undoing the future that is Aku was the point of Jack's quests since episode 1, so I'm gonna say you're just a tard.

this

Except Jack wanting to save both time periods was apparent when you had him turn down every time portal in favor of saving people every fucking time it came up in the original series.

Not to mention everything about Season 5 was building up to some "You can't change the past, but you can work for a better future" lesson.

It was the entire plot of the show. Him not going back to the past was never even on the table.

It's pottery when Jack doesn't go back.

It's cheap tripe when he genocides a world by going back.

>but on top of that its made evident that aku could have sent himself back in time at any point
When was it even implied that this wasn't the case? Dumbass.

I just didn't like the romance because of the way the show emphasised Jack had [if only mentally] aged 50 years and he gets paired up with a teenager that he acts incredibly sheltered and "uh oh funny meet-cute" around

spoken like someone who's never ever going to get his dick wet

the damage was done, if he did do it you faggots would be crying for weeks about it, praising it as a good plot twist until this same fucking thread would be made again

>"him not going back to the past was never on the table"
>entire premise of S5 is that all the portals are destroyed and he can't go back.

Because no one had ever gone back in time in the show.
No characters are seen jumping in a time portal to the past, and there are no characters from the future chilling in the present.

It wasn’t ever shown to be the case either up until that point so that’s irrelevant. All we see is him send jack into the future, so were unsure as to the extent of his time travel prowess, naturally we have to believe he’s not a full on time lord in order to not question why he doesn’t just end Jack with time travel. Now apparently he is, and that’s a bad move. The ending amounts “Hey i found the villain controller and it turns out there’s a win button here he never pressed for some reason”.

Seriously Ashi travels to the past on instinct shortly after acessing her powers and Aku couldn’t ever think to do it? You expect me to believe that?

The entire plot of the show was Jack helping the people of the future, getting to know them, and learning to live in that time. He even sacrificed the ability to go back to the past multiple times to help his future friends, which makes no fucking sense if he was ultimately totally okay with going back and wiping them out.

There's 2 ways to look at it. 1) Jack didn't know how time travel worked and assumed they'd be fine and/or only Aku would suddenly die, OR 2) Jack is too noble to let innocent people die in front of him even if he's planning to rewrite reality anyway.

Considering his shock to ashi fading, it has to be the former.
Which makes the ending even worse considering it comes off as an afterthought.

You.

I like you.

It was an anime happy ending.The Evil was vanquished, there was a large body count, and the hero gets no "happily ever after". A tragic anime ending would have been, huge body count, the Evil is not defeated, and still, no happy ever after.

I didn't like Ashi that much. The whole loving nature thing seemed cliche, and It felt like she had two modes.

> Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill
Or
>I love you Jack let me suck your magic samurai sword

I dunno