Would Marvel be desperate enough to try to do this sort of event...

Would Marvel be desperate enough to try to do this sort of event? It would be the only thing they could do to get major attention back to the comics

If the next initiative doesn't work, I fully expect Spiderman to find a lightsabre or for Darth Vader to find a "kyber Crystal" that's actually an infinity stone or some shit, then Captain Marvel can call him a space Nazi

Marvel Comics doesn't own Star Wars, they hold the license to make Star Wars comics.

They'd still have to go through the whole corporate approval thing and hammer out the exact details of any crossover with the people over at LucasFilm, and that would in turn have to be approved by the ultimate owners, Disney.

The fact is, comics are dead. Disney knows this. They're primarily a parks and merch outfit anyway - they didn't buy Marvel for the paper, they bought it for the IPs to exploit.

given how fucked the SW universe is, I hope this happens. Then Disney SW will be recognized as mere fanfiction

I'm usually the guy who says "Go for stupid ideas as long as it looks cool", but all of Marvel's best artists are gone.

The Last Jedi was & Is a MCU movie.

Disney hates crossovers.

They would never allow an official crossover between the two.

Imagine if Gabby Riviera was tapped to write this thing.

Who says Marvel Comics ain't already trying to convince the Disney upper management to let them do just that?

Yes, I specifically remember when Luke said "BEN! I come to bargain!"

>given how fucked the SW universe is
you mean "saved"

What disappoints me is that we probably won't see any of the alien characters.

Remember that "break the internet" event that turned out to be Marvel Legacy? Should have been Star Wars crossover to be literal. Even better if it's an MCU/Star Wars crossover.

It turns out Star Wars is the future of the MCU. Rey finds Captain America's shield in the next film.

Did they really think Wolverine with the Space Gem would break the internet or the FF being teased?

Marvel comics don't lack attention, they lack quality to keep the people who pay attention.
That being said the #1 would do gangbusters and it could sell relatively well in the long run depending on quality, but that's not going to make people read the other comics if they're shit.

Sorry user, you're not going to trick me into hating the MCU.

What about the Disney princess line?

This

People always conveniently forget about the Vong

A lot of what this user says is right: >97835695

If Marvel Comics COULD do it they certainly would have to save their asses but Lucasfilm wouldn't approve it without massive interference which would boil down to "Star Wars characters beat everybody no matter what. Vader beats Silver Surfer. Boba Fett beats Wolverine."

>Disney hates crossovers.
>Their high selling franchise are crossovers.

I would pay to see a comic where either Hulk fucks up Vader or vice versa.

I would only read it if Alex Ross did the covers (not the interior art, he sucks at action panels)

I had long ago stopped with the old books, was the Vong another fucking Kevin J Anderson rape?

This has more of an effect on the Marvel Universe than Watchmen does with DC. Watchmen being thrown into the DC Universe do pretty much nothing. Hell, we've got the characters they were copied from in the Universe already. Attaching Star Wars to Marvel is a fart that can't be unsmelled.