If Flashpoint didn’t result in the New 52 or a reboot, would you have disliked it less?

If Flashpoint didn’t result in the New 52 or a reboot, would you have disliked it less?

If Final Crisis had rebooted the DC Universe I would have like it more!

Yes.Standalone it was a very nice story. But it made for a super shitty reboot.

Nah, it'll still be shit.

>a Flash event
>where Heroes Fight Heroes
>and everything is solved by a Batman
>a Flash event
Naw, Flashpoint sucked balls

It feels really bare bones compared to the other Crisises.

That's because it wasn't meant to be a reboot story in the first place, just a big-time Flash event a la Johns' saga for Green Lantern.

>final crisis
>where superman fights darkseid
>and everything is solved by batman
>a crisis event

The animated film was better. Despite swole Aquaman.

Was Blackest Night the last non-Batman centric event, that didn't have Batman save the day?

Have to read it again to see if it holds up, but Jordan is my fave lantern and the Geoff John's Halwank made it an awesome summer blockbuster for me in book format.

I mean, there's only been two events since flashpoint, right?

Fuck this mediocre storyline and all the casualfags who think it's anywhere near the best Flash story. The only redeeming thing about it were the tie-ins.

What is the best Barry Allen Flash story anyway? The only good Flash stories I can think of off the top of my head comes from Wally West.

Flash of Two Worlds?

This is why it’s so hard for me to get into DC. It’s not because of the continuity issues, it’s not because of the reboots, it’s because I’m not a fucking fan of Batman, but every super big important thing has to revolve or be solved by a character that I just don’t give a damn about

no one on Sup Forums cares enough to read his sliver age stuff/no one is old enough to be nostalgic for it.

>final crisis
Wasn't Superman the one that saved the day with his multiverse whistle or whatever? I mean, Bats shot Darkseid , but that barely even slowed him down.

Wasn’t Final Crisis solved by literally everyone who wasn’t on Darkseid side working together and Superman needed to merge with Ultraman just to work the thought robot

all the big heroes helped, Batman shot him, Wonder Woman lasso'd him so the Flashes could make the Black Racer hit him, the GL's made that stake into the vampires heart and Superman sang

Barry’s last few arcs in his Bronze Age run we’re pretty good. He kills Eobard and then has to stand trial for his murder. All the characters are very well written and you can really empathize with Barry as his life crumbles around him. Robards also has some of his best moments in this story. Issue 320 in the Flash’s silver age run is the issue where Eobard escapes and the consequences continue until the end of Barry’s run.

Nah, I don't think so. I like it as it is, but it's not something I'm passionate about. It's just a DC Age of Apocalypse and I didn't really like that either. Flashpoint has the upper hand on that though with better art and an actual direction.

I don't think people understood that.

THIS

It would help if you actually read what you are critiquing.

More. Doomed was a major event since it effected the entire planet, plus it crossed-over various titles. For that matter, H'El should be considered a mini-event for similar reasons but didn't cross over that many titles so probably not.

If you count Future's End as an event, that's another. I'm sure Our Cereal Lord would expect us all to consider and praise Darkseid War as a major event.