Star Wars #41
Forces of Destiny: Leia

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg [Open]

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k [Open]

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY [Open]

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc [Open]

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ydIaUx84HWs
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=496&v=wk0bRElYuXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Hera is getting APHRA'D in March!

Reminder that /swco/ is supposed to be about Star Wars related COMICS & CARTOONS.
If you want to discuss Star Wars related movies, you go to If you want to discuss Star Wars related video games, you go to If you want to discuss Star Wars related books, you go to Any and all posts that don't discuss Comics and Cartoons should be reported for breaking >>>Sup Forumsrules/1

Snoke is a Joke

Yeah, nah. Fuck off with your autism.

Are you a mod?

>ywn his voice narrating the start of an episode again

Man, if they were going to have Kylo be the real villain all along, just make him be the real villain all along.

Cut out the middle man.

>If you want to discuss Star Wars related movies, you go to You don't even know what its like over there! /swco/ is one of the few good boards to discuss star wars

Sup Forums is a cesspool, and not a good place to talk about star wars by any margin

>tfw I am at work and can't post waifu tourney autism until I get home
JUST

I just consulted Akinator, trying to get him to guess Snoke, and this was his fucking answer. It's over.

Reminder that /swco/ likes Fifth Brother better than Snoke

Get rekt'd yurop

>Images and discussion should pertain to media of Western origin.
Tbqh, Star Wars movies, games and books are media of Western origin - so they don't break rule 1.

>Filoni does a new series taking place post-ROTJ
>Yularen is retconned to have left the Death Star before the explosion with Tagge
>Yularen narrates the opening of each episode

I got curious and tried it. He lead me to some real-life serial killer, then to Palpatine, and finally Snoke.

Did the Kaminoans join the republic after the discovery of the clone army?

also, weren't there other parties that the republic comissioned to make more clones other than the kaminoans in the old EU?

what's the state of this in the nu-EU?

There was a senator of Kamino in TCW, said to have got that position due to Kamino's importance due to the army and shit.

Who is the prettiest member of the rebel alliance and why is it Yendor?

>GENERAL HUX. My disappointment in your performance cannot be overstated.

They have representation in the senate during the Clone Wars, but I don't know if that meant Kamino formally joined the Republic or if their senator was really just there representing the business (sort of how the Trade Federation and other groups have their own senator).

>not posting the superior version

>Did the Kaminoans join the republic after the discovery of the clone army?
There is a Kaminoan senator, so yes, probably.

>also, weren't there other parties that the republic comissioned to make more clones other than the kaminoans in the old EU?
Definitely not in canon, not sure about Legends

is that guy still translating the manga?

It's funny to me how organizations that were evidently known to have aligned themselves with the Seperatists were allowed to act like they haven't and keep their representation in the Senate

Going to carry this potential discussion over but not the other debate being had.
>what was sheev's OG plan? I haven't seen TPM in years

>was he hoping to gain the chancellorship and start a large scale war early?

>Or was the clone army always part of the plan?
One of the problems with TPM was that his plan didnt really make since as it was constantly changing on the fly. We see that Sheev just wanted a trade blockade for reasons. Then he decides to force Amidala to agree to it by force.

I can only assume his first draft was to make the Trade Federation into a powerful organization that would eventually just buy out the Republic and he would rule from behind the scenes. Clones were never part of the plan until way later. The thing about Sheev is that his plans were always changing so he could always benefit, no matter the result.

>Man, if they were going to make the Emperor the real villain all along, just make him be the real villain all along.
>Cut out the middle man.

>Man, if they were going to make Sidious the real villain all along, just make him be the real villain all along.
>Cut out the middle man.

>liking men who look like girls
>not girls with dicks
Shit taste desu senpai

the way they look at each other is hilarious to me
Aphra just looking at Hera with a shit-eating grin, and Hera done with her shit

Vader and his backstory were still important to the plot, and the CIS were always just patsies to widdle down the Jedi.

Snoke was built up to be something but ended up to be nothing.

WAIT THAT'S A MAN?!

youtu.be/ydIaUx84HWs
This episode sucked, why is this song so GOAT?

Don't pretend you don't like it, Director.

>Vader and his backstory were still important to the plot
Right, but Sheev's weren't until the PT came along. He literally had zero more development than Snoke.

A pretty man.
Tits are lame even if they got dicks. Go full homo or go broke.

I THOUGHT THE MANGA CHANGED HIM TO A CHICK INSTEAD OF A DUDE FROM THE BOOK!

>he didn't know

ARE YOU BLIND?!
Because he was the baseline villain. Snoke was literally just him, again, but not as cool.

>A pretty man

THIS FUCKING SITE, 10 YEARS ON THIS FUCKING SITE AND MAINTAINING MY HETEROSEXUALITY ONLY TO BE MET BY THIS

>I THOUGHT THE MANGA CHANGED HIM TO A CHICK INSTEAD OF A DUDE FROM THE BOOK!

>girls with dicks
>calling others out on shit taste

Eventually, Sup Forums gets us all user.

he's so CUTE

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=496&v=wk0bRElYuXk
Is Star Wars better for the PT/TCW?

As someone in the last thread pointed out, Sheev being presented as the emperor of the galaxy without any backstory isn't an issue since he's the first character in the saga presented that way. Once you move to a point where there's a new version of the Empire with their own ruler and he's also a dark side user, you start to ask where he came from and what sets him apart from Sheev.

Sheev doesn't necessarily require context because we first see him at a point where the Empire is already established. With Snoke, we see him as a point where the Empire was defeated, then resurrected as the First Order and suddenly this other powerful dark sider shows up. It raises questions.

T H I S
H
I
S

>not wanting to get fucked by FutAhsoka
What are you, gay or something?

This won't derail the thread at all.

The prequels and their era was MY ERA, the one I grew up on. The reason Darth Plaguies is my favorite Star Wars novel is because it puts together every bit of PT era tie ins into one, coherent plot. It references the tutorial of Galactic Battlegrounds for fucks sake! It felt like a farewell to my childhood, as the PT era got left behind. I'll always love the PT for that.

>tfw Aphra action figure won't be released until the fall

Liking best girl is suffering

OT is my era, but that's cause in I watched my non special edition tapes almost religiously back in 98-99, and I was born in 94.

Add to that the fact that my favorite video game growing up was star fox 64 which feels very OT at times and also Rogue Squadron 1 and later 2, and you have a very young OTfag on your hands...

I liked the PT as a kid but only cause I was young and all I cared for were cool space explosions and shit. Once I grew up and mastered english all its problems became apparent. But I still appreciate a lot of it.

As a weird OTfag then I can tell you that your kind, PTfags, are ok, as long as you give credit where credit is due and don't pretend the PT is something its not, and that is it being good

I have two problems with the Darth Plagueis novel that knock it down to my 2nd favorite Star Wars book.
1. Luceno mentions a Naboo/Gungan war, when Amidala in TPM says that "our two great societies have always lived in peace".
2. Luceno makes the treaty that Palp wants Amidala to sign in TPM about plasma, when that's clearly not what it was implied to be about in TPM. It was just a treaty to legitimize the occupation to erode confidence even further in Valorum's policies.

You went full retard at the end of your post. TPM is no more poorly made than RotJ.

cheered up user, my smut and the other user's smut will probably be ready by then

I am actually the other Sabaphra smut user lol

>and that is being good
Now, this is my problem with OTfags.

You're fine with us disagreeing with you...as long as we agree with you.

Just fucking have your opinions instead of getting pissed someone doesn't share them.

well, were on a mission from the force itself then user

>You're fine with us disagreeing with you...as long as we agree with you.
This. Goddamn is that attitude delusional.

Playing old SW games is making me nostalgic. Is TCW worth watching if I've never seen it? I've heard it has some good stuff but I'm really put off by the art design and the bad fight choreography I've seen.

I want to see more of what Zahn had in mind for the Clone Wars when he was writing the Thrawn Trilogy, shit sounds cash.

First couple seasons are meh but anything focusing on the clones are always a good watch.

>and the bad fight choreography
If you're that "the ANH fight is good because I know HEMA fighting", just leave and never enter this thread again.

> It references the tutorial of Galactic Battlegrounds for fucks sake!
Does it actually? Fuck that is great. I never read that book because I simply dont care for the prequel era, I love the GCW.

But there is nothing I love more then when books reference other stories done by different authors (bonus points if it is a different median) which really gives the feeling it is one connected universe.

>I'm fine with you as long as you know your place!
I'm kind of doubting you're old enough to have grown up on N64 games dude

Doubt it was more cash than all the great Clone Wars stories we've got.

>I simply dont care for the prequel era
Why not?

>PTfags, are ok, as long as you give credit where credit is due and don't pretend the PT is something its not, and that is it being good
wew lads

let me put it like this, The PT is no less SW than the OT, but in overall quality its 5 = 4 > 3 = 6 >>> 1 > 2

the good stuff in III is more spread out throughout the movie, while the good stuff in 6 is mostly anything that takes place in space, the death star, and in Dagobah

2 and 1 have vision, but its poor executions are overshadowed greatly by what 4 and 5 did. so from my point of view, in overall quality OT > PT I just can't see it the other way, and I'm not pissed at your opinions user, hanging out with your lot for the past 3 years have made me much more tolerant than what I was during my dark times as a SWfag, circa 2008 to the sell to the mouse

so kylo ren is now our main villan

how do you feel about this?

You just backtracked the final sentence of your initial post.

Yeah I phrased that poorly, you guys have my apologies, your entitled to your opinions, even if I view them as wrong and feel that you're subjectively wrong

Gonna get coup'd by Hux in the first act of 9

It's a one off line that references Starfighter too, when Sidious derides the Trade Fed for losing their factories on two planets (the final level of Starfighter and the tutorial planet of Galactic Battlegrounds). I played the shit out of GB as a kid so that tickled me in particular.
No need to interrogate the guy. I don't really like this attitude when getting it from OTfags, we shouldn't do it ourselves because "they did it first!".

See

I think I found the key to all of this

But that's not Sarco Plank

sorry, but unless the character is a literal transgender mtf person, then I consider futa to be downright retarded as a fetish
it needs to be believable for me to get into it and "lol it's a girl with a full girl physique but also happens to have a dick for magical reasons" is so immersion breaking it fucking hurts

I'd like to see him get new gear but I'm not sure about that design. Seems to heavy on the armor. Maybe something closer to the Knights of Ren, since I wouldn't be surprised if they return.

what the fuck

My view is, as a PTfag, while they have a fair few problems (some acting, unnecessary retcons), the only movie I'd call outright a bad movie is AotC, and there is so much in that movie I fucking love anyway.

TPM and RotS aren't flawless by any means but I still think they're ultimately good movies.

That's a puffy alien vagina you weirdo

I actually liked Zahn's idea better. The Republic is peaceful when the outside Clone army attacks. The Clones are bred quickly, and are elite, better then anything the Republic has to defend themselves with. The war goes terrible for the Republic, the only thing holding the Clones back is the Jedi Generals who join the army (like KotOR's Mandalorian Wars)

Some where there is a Stalingrad style battle that turns the tide and allows the Republic to drive the Clones back. Its a cool story of desperation that is completely lost in the Clones vs Droids story.

Dont get me wrong, when I was younger I loved the era. But as I grew up my taste changed. Now I find it boring, before the Clone Wars its a basic setting, during the Clone Wars its a story of cannon fodder vs cannon made of metal. Not really interesting. (The TV helped fixed this problem I know) The GCW however is a story of families and friends being torn apart as loyalties end up on different sides of the conflict. It makes the war a very dramatic story.

Finally, over saturation over prequel stuff really killed the era for me.

>It's a one off line that references Starfighter too,
That is still great in my eyes. Not 1 but 2 obscure references. I actually really appreciate that user. Helps make the work that much more connected in my eyes. That author is up there for sure as one of my favorite SW authors. I love Labyrinth of Evil

>during the Clone Wars its a story of cannon fodder vs cannon made of metal.
This is such a meme. That's merely the backdrop.
>I actually liked Zahn's idea better.
Yeah, but ideas and execution are different things. Filoni is a better director than Zahn is a writer.

>TPM and RotS aren't flawless by any means but I still think they're ultimately good movies.

I really need to rewatch TPM cause to me the only redeemable part about it is the action sequences, they're beautiful, but the humor falls completely flat, little kid Anakin is annoying at times, the dialogue feels weird at times, and George's lack of external input is really apparent, even watching it as a kid, something always felt odd about that one, and I liked AoC more but that was probably cause the clone troopers made the click in my 8 yo head that said "oh they're like early storm troopers"

>desperation that is completely lost
Did you not see RotS and/or read Dark Times?
I'd call Order 66 a cool story of desperation.

Reminder, Magnaguards are superior to Both Era Royal Guards.

>The Republic is peaceful when the outside Clone army attacks. The Clones are bred quickly, and are elite, better then anything the Republic has to defend themselves with
That's basically the most generic idea everyone had when "the Clone War" got namedropped. I'm glad that Lucas didn't go in that direction, it'd be boring tbqh.

makes more sense then nu canon.

Also, what said.

In the canon, the Kanan comics show it as well. One moment you fight an even war against the droid, with the clones having your back, fighting alongside you as your comrades. Then the next thing you know, they suddenly attack you. Even if you have survived, you find yourself alone with no support whatsoever, no ability to get off-world, and an entire clone platoon wanting you dead.

Order 66 put Jedi in an extremely desperate situation.

I think the Jar Jar hate is exaggerated, personally. He's dumb and unnecessary after they leave Naboo, but he's not this evil abomination that should have died. The real shame is the hate went onto the rest of the Gungans too, who don't deserve it.

TPM's light-heartedness is what makes it work for me, personally. It really gives a feel of a more hopeful era, something that will be destroyed by the coming war and rise of the Empire.

What are the chances of episode 9 going to coruscant.

What do you mean? Literally the best thing about NuCanon is that it makes more sense than Legends ever did.

>That's basically the most generic idea everyone had when "the Clone War" got namedropped.
But don't you know? Fans know better than Lucas. That's why the sequel trilogy is so great.

Low.

Hux is gonna betray him with the first order, and he'll end up working with the Resistance to fuck them over

AOTC is actually pretty great. Take out the romance scenes and exchange them for all the deleted ones like pic related. And the movie is 3.85.

slim to none. it might show up in one of the spin off movies though.

How dare they mock Darth Sion

There's a possibility since Sheev had a palace there

>This is such a meme. That's merely the backdrop.
Except that is what is going on in the war. Its not really a meme if that is what is going on.

>Yeah, but ideas and execution are different things.
100% Agree. The prequels are perfect examples of that. Great ideas, struggled with execution.

>Filoni is a better director than Zahn is a writer.
I almost laughed. I love all of Zahn's books and I consider Filoni terrible. The only thing of Filoni's I like are his clone focused episodes because the Clones dont act like Clones.

Completely was a bad choice of words. Order 66 was excellent. However I was talking about desperation as the entire Republic feeling on the verge of defeat. Not depressing mind you, like KotOR 1, the Republic is desperate for a victory, but the game isnt depressing. Clone Wars mostly misses that. Though some stories get it like Jabiim, but thats an individual battle as opposed to a war.

And you are right, I really liked the Kanan comic, but that desperation is a small scale as opposed to the entire Republic feeling this. And Remember that the Jedi Purge still would happen so its not like that would disappear.

Now I do agree Order 66 is far more powerful in Lucas' Clone Wars then Zahn's. I love Order 66, but its not like the Purge disappeared in Zahn's version of the Clone Wars. It still happened.

>it'd be boring tbqh
More boring then cannon fodder vs cannon fodder?