ITT the best Sup Forums endings. So a movie, show, comic, etc. Personally...

ITT the best Sup Forums endings. So a movie, show, comic, etc. Personally, the ending to Ratatouille may be the single best payoff for any movie I've seen. Fucking masterful.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Beautiful-Darkness/Full?id=68140&readType=1
spectator.co.uk/2017/09/love-rats-pariss-sentimental-struggle-with-its-rodents/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we all saw it coming but it was still satisfying

I'm not sure I can agree
>Old Chef is still dead
>Restaurant is still 3 star
>Young Chef still can't cook
>Rat is still a damn rat
>Critique is still a harsh bastard

i hated how all those other chefs just fucked off

>You don't have to be, the bad guy.

OP just made me realise that the Cynic's Guide to Pixar stopped at the beginning of Toy Story 3, which was 7 years ago. Considering the material said cynic managed to wring out of the great movies, I wonder how he would've reacted to the really interesting films like Good Dinosaur and Inside Out and Monsters University.

Gusteau imparted his message into more beings than he probably accounted for, his son enjoys a modest living with his friend and fiancee, both of whom could teach him to teach should he ask, the rat is the best chef in Paris, and the critic keeps his job, appearance AND gets to eat at the best chef's restaurant regularly.

Seems like a good ending for most involved.

BvS ending unironically. It was so great.

what is this from

The ending of Spurrier's X-men Legacy.

Rats only live for like three years though. The whole thimg is going to com crashing down.

The end to Seven Soldiers got me. I probably should have seen the Sheeda reveal coming but I didn’t and it was great.

This made me laugh more than it should.

Ego lost his job as a critic, the only payoff he gets is to eat at the restaurant as he is one of those bankrolling it.

It also doesn't explain how and why the French authorities wouldn't shut down the new restaurant like they did Gusteau once they find out the food is being cooked by rat

> Why the french authorities wouldn't shut down the new restaurant like they did Gusteau

I mean, getting it started up would definitely be difficult, but it seems like a relatively small place and Remi is probably the only rat there.

I'd guess that they either only run the place with people who know Remi can cook or they have some kind of very careful hiring process where they show Remi's talents under some kind of signed non-disclosure thing.

Plus since Remi's the only rat there I'd imagine that even if the place was put under a surprise inspection that they'd have some way to get him out before they see him.

You don't remember that the Remi's entire family had their own special dining space in that restaurant?

It looked to be kind of up and over from the restaurant, but regardless, as long as there was no sign of them being IN the restaurant it's fine, right?

Is that piglet?

>really interesting films like Good Dinosaur and Monsters University
You have to be 18+ to post here

I agree. After seeing the worst depiction of Lex Luthor possible I was glad to leave.

Really came out of left field with how good it ended up being.

>tfw Peter O'Toole is still dead.

There are some twists spoiled by the internet that I really wish I could forget about so I can actually watch the show/film as intended.

Like, how am I ever supposed to enjoy The Sixth Sense properly when I knew the big twist of the film years before I ever saw it?

Yes, that's piglet. They're lost in the 100 acre woods.

Maybe you shouldn't have gotten yourself thrown in jail then

Considering G:KND never ever, I'm happy we at least got a good sendoff.

The fuck are you talking about?
>No shit the guy who dies at the start of the film stays dead
>Remi started his own resturant, Gusteau's didn't matter anymore
>Linguini never really wanted to be a chef, he's much happier being a waiter for Remi
>Whole point of the movie was that Remi was able to succeed despite being a rat granted that's idealistic as fuck
>Critic warmed the fuck up, part of the film's message is there is nothing wrong with cynicism and having standards

>implying Monsters Universitiy's "you will have limitations and might not achieve your dreams" wasn't a great middle finger to the usual pixar idealism

The wop lied to them. He showed that he had no honour as a chef

I enjoyed this scene more then I probably should have.

>"you have rat in the kitchen?"
>" Yea, he's our mascott, you didn't see the sign?"

God fucking damn that was so satisfying.

Was the little mouse girl a bitch or something?

Little mouse girl spends the entire story getting abused by other sprites, and seeing the handful of those being nice to her get turned or callously killed by them. In the end of the story she tricks them into evicting her from her home in the oven so that they'll be killed.

I love The Doom Patrol. It was a book made for me and I entered it.

Forgive my ignorance, but can The Doom Patrol be read in a single tome, or is it a series? This page seems interesting enough to catch my attention.

If a person tries to turn fucking Monsters Inc into a Coen Brothers film, imagine the material they would have from a prequel with an actually depressing message and a university of people marching unknowingly towards their doom. If a person manages to parodically rail against Bug's Life and Cars and Wall-E, imaging the rant they would have about actual mediocre films. You can't say that's not compelling.

Not groundbreaking or anything, but I thought the movie was a good way to wrap up a series like EEnE

>In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the *new*. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist *can* come from *anywhere*. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's, who is, in this critic's opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more.

the final line of batman heart of ice. "I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it, but I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness, and pray you hear me somehow, someplace... someplace where a warm hand waits for mine."

I always thought his childhood flashback should have been back at the kitchen of the old lady where the movie started

>Evenin' fellas
>drinks are on the house
>there ain't no closin' time
>but you gotta leave your guns at the door

Years later still the best ending to a comic I've ever read

bump

Is there a full thing of this? Or more? Who made this?

I know the usual suspects will attack me for daring to so much as mention said show, but I have unironically never seen a cartoon series ending as fucking perfect as "Z is for Zenith".

Why? Because it awesomely wraps up every existing plotline in the show without making a single asspull, leaving supposedly epic shit like Sozin's Comet and Weirdmageddon in its dust.

"Titans Together", on the other hand, is genuinely great too but it's not even the last actual episode, let alone the movie.

I like you. You're one of the only people I've seen who actually appreciated the message behind Monsters University

I am still amazed how not only was the Lego Movie was genuinely good, legitimately one of the funniest i'd seen in years and also managed a heartfelt message.

Shame filmmakers learned all the wrong lessons and thought anything with a brand could work as a film.

>Not liking Monsters U or Good Dinosaur
You have to be 18+ to post here

>implying Monsters Universitiy's "you will have limitations and might not achieve your dreams" wasn't a great middle finger to the usual pixar idealism

I agree, but I also feel like Monsters Inc shows Mike and Sully perfectly happy at the beginning. Like, the initial message of "not everyone can grow up to be what they want to be" sounds depressing as fuck, but it's by no means a death sentence. You can still move past the circumstances of your birth and make a good life for yourself.

"Dormammu, I've come to bargain" was pretty good for a capeshit.

>Ended the entire show on a random Beatboy/Terra episode
It felt more like some random "extra unaired special" you'd get from a DvD release.

I think this one is much more deep than anyone else can imagine.

Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show alone was a fantastic finale to the series but that extra bit of subtle allusion and theming of Wizard of Oz that was thrown that some full grown adults didn't even catch makes this piece of animation proof that you can very much write a comedic yet mature cartoon for kids without dumbing them down and most animation writers need to get their shit together.

the comic called Beautiful Darkness readcomiconline.to/Comic/Beautiful-Darkness/Full?id=68140&readType=1

You're mostly right but what will be of the new restaurant when the chef is a fucking rat that probably won't live past a year?

The episode was really good, and I'm not sure how they could have placed it differently. And besides, the movie is the real ending anyways.
>some random "extra unaired special" you'd get from a DvD release
You do know the show actually has one, right?

The event itself was kind of meh, but the ending was beautiful, those final words really made the 5 year long story reach full circle (several decades long if you include the feud between Reed and Doom) in such a hopeful way. And seeing Doom so happy is such a strange, yet warming sight.

Fuck Hackman

Not the crows....

look buddy, i'm a chef and if i have evidence that a jellyfish can cook great ..i would have no problem working with the jellyfish ...i love the movie but fuck those cooks who abandon ship COWARDS!

>Rats can have up to 120 children a year.
>At least some would inherit Remy's talent.
>La Ratatouille explodes into successful franchise, each restaurant having their own rat chef.

Sequel when?

That was really good. Poor Jane.

Honestly I'd be interested

>be chef
>important dinner service with critic that sunk the restaurant one star
>this kills the head chef
>his son flips out, runs outside screaming after giving the worst pep talk in history and refusing to tell what his recipes are, despite having cooked them so many times
>rat appears from doors
>go to kill it
>he comes back in and protects it
>says its the chef
>put dirty piss street rat on his head
>it grabs his hair
>head chef lifts his arms as if it's controlling him

Tbh them walking out was very realistic, he clearly lost his goddamn mind and Remy hadn't done anything to prove he could actually cook. It's kind of sad they all abandoned him when he clearly needed help and the stress visibly snapped his brain. Perhaps that's why Colette went back in the first place, at least before discovering this was all legit.

>turnng another classic into franchise

Good thing rats and cooking are not very marketable, otherwise I'd have to lynch you for giving Disney ideas.

>inherit Remy's talent
Go away, Lamarck

>Gusteau's didn't matter anymore
Gusteau's mattered to Linguini. And what of his fellows chefs who worked there? I sure as hell didn't see them working at his new hole-in-the-wall cafe.

And I'll add one the other user left out:

>Yeah, the food critic warmed up. He also LOST HIS JOB.

Great payoff.

Yet everyone ended up being happy.

>all these fucks trying to point out the lack of realism in a movie about a rat that can cook and control a man with his hair

That's actually my biggest problem with the movie. No matter how I try to suspend my disbelief that far, it just won't budge all the way there. Toys being secretly alive I can accept. A house sailing through the sky with balloons I can accept. But there's just no logic to this. It's sheer stupidity, and I want to honestly punch Brad Bird and whatever other writers thought that crap was okay.

There are few perfect movies. This is one of them.

No, autism is when you suck Disney and Pixar's cocks for ever movie they put out, no matter how dumb the writing is.

It was only Sony, but they're run by retards, so who cares?

> I want to honestly punch Brad Bird and whatever other writers thought that crap was okay
yeah im one with autism

I wasn't totally sure what was happening in Flex Mentallo, but the ending made me weep

We3 also had an ending that I was thankful for

Wasn't she like 20 years younger than him?

It really was. I was glad to see how everyone had a change of heart on Eddy when they saw how his brother treated him

I will always have a spot for Brave and the Bold. What an ending

They are approximately the same age.

I just read this and after that I also read the other things from the author, like Miss don't touch me.

I hate you user.

That's hot

That isn't Lamarckism. Assuming the rat is naturally a genius at cooking that means the aptitude for cooking would run in his family, since this is a magic fantasy world where some rats can cook.

It was heavily implied that he helped for the opening of the new restaurant and he had some savings from this previous work as a critique and he wouldn't need to work anymore; just be happy to eat something new from Remi everyday. Maybe I'm just overanalyzing things, can someone conform ?

Remy's ability to cook comes from his enhanced sense of smell that affects his sense of taste. Remy wouldn't pass in his talent to cook or passion for it because he gained the ability through studying Gusteau and getting practical experience. But he would pass his trait that gave him the ability to smell and taste at an elevated level compared to his brother Emile who is doomed to be a fat retard who eats garbage.

this.

It's a run consisting of 40 issues.

Thanks user; I'll check it out.

aurora? can i see it?

Not everyone can be a great chef. But everyone can be a great chef.

Dinobot 2 killed me.

you are right, one of the last shots of the movie is critique looking toward Remi with a huge smile on his face asking the chef to surprise him.

besides as far as
>He also LOST HIS JOB
it was his job that had forced him into being an over analytical rigid cynic toward food. I mean Anton was introduced as the final boss, the audience had no reason to empathize with him to begin with.
The convincing flip they make of him in such a short time is really well played

but they did eventually get to become scarers so wouldn't the message be more about how failure doesn't have to stop you from achieving your dreams

in paris I wouldn't be surprised
spectator.co.uk/2017/09/love-rats-pariss-sentimental-struggle-with-its-rodents/

This was actually one of the things that impressed me the most about the movie, the way that scene did not go with the easy-way-out trope and actually had the guts to play it more realistically.

Not the comic as a whole but the way John Rogers ended his run on Blue Beetle was so damn satisfying. I was literally cheering multiple times at all the cool moments and meticulously plotted payoffs. Pic related was the final page.

Well, that was a trip.