Deathstroke #27 Preview

>“The Fall of Slade” part two! Father and son clash when Jericho flies to rescue Deathstroke from Jericho’s ex—the resurrected Dr. Ikon! Meanwhile, Terra is summoned to an ambush by the Forgotten, the deadly leader of the White Lotus, and worlds collide as the New Super-Man demands Deathstroke’s arrest!

It's out tomorrow.

Ah, Tara... So innocent.

That's gonna leave a mark.

From DC's website:

>Their complex relationship is at the heart of one of the most iconic Teen Titans stories of all time. And yet, as we’re reminded in this exclusive first look at DEATHSTROKE #27, there’s still much we don’t know…and it’s just as twisted as what we do!

>Now a member of Defiance, Terra’s role on Deathstroke’s superteam has always been a little suspect. Ostensibly placed on Defiance by Slade’s ex-wife, Adeline, Terra hasn’t exactly been a rock of dependability. (Pun absolutely intended.)

>Can her teammates trust her? Can Slade?

Can he, Sup Forums?

Don't trust sluts.

How does this make any sense given that Lazarus Contract overwrote Judas Contract in the Rebirth continuity?

So, he didn't fuck her? I mean, this is just a "no way, fag" scene.

In the last page of the preview there's a reference about the Lazarus Contract, so I guess we'll find out the details tomorrow.

Oh this seems kinda cool. Is this worth picking up from the start? I like reading Deathstroke stuff

I'm guessing they will have Terra join Tim's era Titans as it doesn't make sense for her to have joined Dick's now because of how the continuity is.

Yes, it is. It's the best Rebirth book by far.

So how does this fit in with her being kidnapped by Harvest?

>16 years old
based Slade is cunny connoisseur

Slade and Hal crossover when?

Based on this, it seems like Slade wanted her to betray Dick's group but changed his mind.
She hasn't done anything particularly untrustworthy yet. Although she might betray Slade and not the others.
Who knows at this point.

What was the Lazarus Contract again? I don't get why they didn't just put Judas Contract back in continuity with Rebirth if it was taken out with the New 52. Isn't that what Rebirth is for?

Slade agreed not to kill the Titans if Dick trained Rose.

Rebirth was marketed as bringing back old continuity but its not going to bring everything back. Honestly, its more about repairing the damage caused by New 52.

Someone put that simple to my small brain. The Judas contract still exist? Or only Lazarus contract? If judas never happened why Terra is a villain? What was Lazarus contract again?

They bent over backwards to try and keep all these iconic Batman and Superman stories, but why not try and put the most iconic Titans story back in continuity?

>”Humbertl

Really?

So during the judas contract he made another path? It's a retcon? Because i don't like it.

Because DC's editors get mad when you tell them Cyborg should be a Titan without any explanation for how it fits in the timeline.

Terra's slut antics are oddly funny to me in this run even though she's usually terribly annoying to me.

Terra's bitch tears here giving me the impression they fucked off panel after the initial rejection. She's unusually upset over the idea that she can't kill a bunch of kids who never did her any harm.

I think that only Lazarus Contract exists.

Not sure what Terra's deal is at this point.The worse thing she did so far was insult Rose.

>Then: Terra is a slut and Slade is a bad man who took sexual advantage of her
>Now: Terra is a slut and Slade is a bad man who is sexually pure
What did DC mean by this?

The writers always went out of their way to make it seem like Slade did nothing wrong.Priest is just continuing the tradition.

>Slade is a bad man who took sexual advantage of her
More like Slade is a good and honorable man who did nothong wrong.

Deathstroke canon pedophile.

I'm glad Priest didn't have Slade fucking Tara.

BASED Slade not being a degenerate.

yeah, yeah, just you wait.

This is the weird part about Slade.Writers want you to believe he's honorable and they continue to show him to be a scumbag.
Dude is still degenerate.He slept with his son's fiance and probably arranged for her to be killed.

He threw her own shoe at her

I think the only retcon here is DC is sliding her age and making it so he did in fact fuck her at 18 at some point. Which I get it, but I'm in the boat of not caring about villains doing unethical/bad shit

They don't think they can get away with implying Slade banged a teenager anymore.

or maybe they don't share usa's age-of-consent line in relation to scumbaggery? they think european ages are better?

did they ever state how old Terra is now?

Wolfman and Perez had Slade fuck Terra to make Terra look bad while at the same time Wolfman was painting slade as an anti-hero mercenary.

Literally in this preview

They intended for Slade to be an antihero but kept writing him as a villain.It was so weird to see how characters in the comic were acting like Slade was a good guy while he continued to do the same things he always did.

Wait, so Judas Contract isn't so long ago in Rebirth?

Read the damn book

Yeah, in a flashback to their first meeting implied to be years ago. how about CURRENT AGE in CURRENT TIME of the book ?

Judas Contract never happened in Rebirth.

>3.99
Wtf DC?

I hope it's true, we need diversity in comics. At least this kind.

It's confusing. It seems judas happened and at the end he made another contract. But I never read judas so maybe I'm mistaken.

Priest's Slade does a lot of things wrong but I guess even he didn't want to make Slade a pedo.

If anything his Slade adopts kids and tries to act all fatherly with them but fails at it pretty badly.

Monthly books are 3.99

It's been like this for a while now

I want to protect Terra's smile.

Just finished the first three arcs and the Titans crossover. Is this really what passes for a good big two title these days? It read like any typical merc hero book from the 90's, just with lamer costumes and crappier supporting cast.

From what I understand, there was no Judas Contract.

Slade made a deal with Dick. If Dick trained Rose he wouldn't go after the Titans(this is the Lazaarus Contract).Since Dick kept his end of the bargain, Slade didn't go after Dick's crew.

That would be Wolfman's Deathstroke solo and this is preferable mainly because it doesn't treat Slade like a hero.

All monthlies are $3.99. Bi-monthlies are $2.99

When will Slade fuck Power Girl?

wtf is the hair on the right?

Does Sup Forums not like Deathstroke anymore?