How do we build Electro into a legitimate threat like he should be?

How do we build Electro into a legitimate threat like he should be?

We don't. Molecule Man blew up and we saw how that left him with nothing but Deus Ex Machina status

I thought the entire point of Electro was to represent a life where Peter wasted his potential and his powers? Magneto even pointed out that Electro has godlike power, but is so short sighted/petty that he's doomed to be a failure. They should really focus on trying to make Gargan less of a joke

He should be blue and think in dubstep.

See at first I think you understand fiction and then you go and be a scorpionfag. Scorpion represents brawn without brains, he's as useful a contrast to Peter as Electro.

Last time I saw Electro do nything badass was during Ends of the Earth, he dropped a number of Avengers by running at super speeds. However, because he was made up of “pure energy” at the time Thor was able to absorb him into his hammer and blasted him off into the atmosphere.

he was pretty threatening in spiderman tas

Have him go against full teams and have them struggle with him, just don’t have him go up against Spider-man

I'm not a Scorpionfag, I'm just pointing out it's kind of redundant to have 2 guys being complete fuckups who waste their potential to mirror Peter. But then again, you could probably say that about a lot of The Sinister Six. And didn't Rhino have "Brawn over Brains" nailed down already?

why would you do that?

Let him get a shapeshifter mutie girlfriend like in District X and he can join the x-men. they accept ex terrorists and ex criminals.

He decides to hold the U. S. power grid hostage and we get a cool Hoover dam fight scene.

Scorpion is an older character than Rhino and his "stronger and stupider" schtick dates back to his first appearance. He's not a fuck up, just a roided idiot.

Why was Marvel Knights so fucking great?

Ulitmate spider-man electro was threatening.

Well they switched to shelectro so maybe she won't be as stupid

I don't think Electro should become like a world domination type of villain or anything, but with how insane his powers are it would be cool to see him like just flash fry tons of people in a fit of rage more often or other heinous things that would up him in terms of villainy at least, while not exactly changing his greed/career criminal based goals. Like, keep him how he is, but accurately display the destructive capabilities of his powers in the meantime

I just think there could be more fun had with some of Spidey's foes, and by fun I mean awful shit, and Electro has some of the best potential given his power set being very high tier. Scorpion has been treated particularly disrespectfully, this is true, but ultimately he comes down to just slugging it out with Spidey since they have similar physical enhancement powers, I'm not entirely sure how to go about it with him....does he even still want to kill JJJ? Because if they actually kept that up, that would make him stand out among other villains

Make him addicted to anal (he's the bottom) because of how many times he's been in and out of jail

when they bring him back they should give him time to master his powers and become more powerful before he goes to fight spider-man.

I would not fuck in the ass of a man who equal electricity

Her whole thing is being a supervillain fangirl hybristophile, basically Kamala Khan if she was an evil sadomasochistic skank.

I think I'm in love

Have him join a premier Supervillain team like the Masters of Evil

Part of what holds him back is the fact that he's part of Spider-Man's rogue's gallery. So that means Peter can regularly beat him and the other members of the Sinister Six single handedly. It also means that Electro will generally have to stay in New York and street level stuff so that he can keep fighting Peter.

If you want him to be a legitimate threat, then he needs to fight legitimate enemies other than the kid who's been kicking his ass since he was 15.

I don't think he necessarily needs to stop being primarily a Spider-Man villain, but why should all the glory to to the Goblin? I think Spider-Man would be more interesting if more of his foes were played up as being psychotic, rather than a Flash esque "rogues" thing going on where they're just kinda goofy criminals

Make him black like he should be.

Wasn't there an arc in Amazing where he gets god powers and goes homicidally insane?

Pfft, shes no Livewire

Watch the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. He makes one and only appearance, threatens the Earth in minutes, and is one of the very, very few characters who completely BTFOs The Kingpin, even getting him to scream in pain.

Kingpin wouldn't be too hard to make scream in pain

every decade there's a story where electro gets powered up to retarded levels and wrecks shit.

it eventually ends when the current writer leaves and the new guy turns him back intro a joke.

i don't think he's ever manged to beat his feat of making nate grey look like a chump at the height of his mutie power.

I mean aren't most people who were ever in the sinister six avengers level villains.

One would think but he is 98% plot armor in the 90s cartoon. Rewatch it. It gets so annoying that when Electro BTFOs him and Spider-Carnage casually bitch-smacks him it is very satisfying.

They could be based on their powers, but aren't

Don't know shit about Spidey but looking on wiki.

>Electro can generate massive quantities of electricity, theoretically up to approximately one million volts.
>Most execution have a means of selecting different voltages. Typically they will start with a jolt of 2,000 volts. This supposedly destroys the brain.

How about just making him a threat by taking his powers literally? Someone gets hit once. They die.

He should be much more dangerous regardless of his motivations or ambition, if anything, the fact that he's a petty crook with such power should make him more dangerous since he obviously would have some sort of personality disorder

Chameleon and Vulture are pretty pathetic, definitely street level
Mysterio can be pretty effective but not against someone like Iron Man or Vision who could use sensors to see through any illusions.

Kraven is just a dude in a lion vest

Not only that, at that voltage his lightning would literally cause explosions on contact. He's a fucking WMD blaster.

>Kraven is just a dude in a lion vest
Hawkeye is just a guy with a bow, Black Widow is just a bitch with karate
>Chameleon and Vulture are pretty pathetic, definitely street level
Vulture has super strength and flight, that alone puts him above some Avengers power wise at least, and Chameleon eh...he could easily be a Captain America villain, who traditionally do not have super powers at all

First; understand Maxwell Dillon

>has a good steady job as an electrician, a skilled trade that requires some education and intelligence and yet
>tfw no GF
>been a loser his whole life
>no friends
>bad luck

He's like Peter; but instead of powering through his misfortune, he grows embittered. Then, when he gets powers, his first thought is to show up people he projects his insecurities on and profit himself. Again - exactly like Peter, but he never gets an Uncle Ben moment. Instead, he doubles down on being a school shooter type.

He also needs to charge himself to use his powers. An addictive edge could be added to it - maybe charging and discharging (hue) feels good, pleasurable. He gets a high off of it, a buzz. An amp up, then a release. So he WANTS to use his powers; maybe even needs to. And why not? He's finally getting his after a life time of eating other peoples shit.

>Hawkeye is just a guy with a bow, Black Widow is just a bitch with karate
Are either of them on the Avengers right now? No because Widow is dead and Hawkeye is a fuck up

Vulture's powerset would put him at the bottom rung of Avengers villains. Only reason the Avengers wouldn't immediately destroy him is if the writers didn't want to shit on Spider-Man villains

Make him black.

>TFW had an idea for an OC Donut steel named Ohm as a kid
>TFW he was some sort of corporate or government experiment with amnesia
>TFW his powers made him extremely pale, almost transluscent, while his veins glowed neon blue inside o him
>TFW electrical discharge made it hard for him to bathe, touch flammable objects, or wear cloths
>TFW he scavenged rubber bondage gear and a hazmat suit just to have cloths
>TFW my OC Donut becomes not so OC because of blacklectro in marvels movie

Isn't Kraven superhuman?

>Black Widow
Did somebody say 'moviefag'?

I don't disagree and I actually totally agree, but once again...it seems like out of all of Spidey's villains, there are three tops who get to be actually evil

I feel like Electro, while never conquering the world or anything, could certainly be a villain who is a little more "scary" for lack of a better term, he should be a money grubbing child but he could also be the same kind who throws tantrums more often, the kind that end up with hundreds of people dead

It doesn't matter if they are right NOW. Most of Spidey's villains have powers stronger than the average Cap villain, who leads the Avengers, so if power level shittery is all you're into that pretty much trumps it. Normal humans are threats to some Avengers, let alone ones with powers on a level that give Spidey trouble

He's peak human, he's basically Cap/Black Panther level physicality. Sometimes his potions amp him even above Cap

>Superhuman Strength: Kraven was superhumanly strong and was capable of lifting approximately 2 tons. However due to his fighting experience his strength is just enough to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Spider-Man.

>Superhuman Speed: Kraven was capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete. At his peak, Kraven could spring short distances at speeds up to 60 miles per hour.

>Superhuman Stamina: Kraven's musculature produced less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He could exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue began to impair him.

>Superhuman Durability: Though far from invulnerable, Kraven's body was somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than the body of an ordinary human. He could withstand great impacts and blunt force trauma, such as being punched and kicked by Spider-Man, without injury.

>Superhuman Agility: Kraven's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels that were beyond the human body's natural limits. His agility and speed are enough to keep up and even catch up to Spider-Man.

>Superhuman Reflexes: Kraven's reflexes and reaction time were enhanced to levels that were beyond the human body's natural limits.

>Extended Longevity: Kraven's jungle potions drastically altered his natural aging process, causing him to age much slower than an ordinary human. Despite being in his 70's at the time of his death, Kraven had the physical appearance and vitality of 30 year old man.

>Enhanced Senses: Even before ingesting the serum, Kraven had peak human senses but the ingestion seems to have enhanced them even further. He can see clearly over vast distances, but is still affected by darkness. His sense of hearing is also greatly improved and has very sensitive hearing. His smell is his strongest and most trained sense. Kraven is able to track prey by smell alone and can remember different scents and their owners, much like a dog.

All about execution, man. Take out any autistic tendencies of your character and I think you'll be ok.

a guy with no memories and no ability to socialize is probably going to be pretty autistic

JOHNNY OHM

I admit I was heavily inspired by Johnny Ohm but since you and I are the only two people in the world who remember that character it's probably safe

He was the first thing I thought of too when I saw the name

I desperately want Johnny Ohm to actually be a thing, Fault Zone too.

we wish, man

I also know who Johnny Ohm is, and I never even played Imperfects.

The commercial where they act like those characters were a big deal was a brain worm yeah. All I remember is some mexican dude breathlessly listing off names, including JOHNNY OHM

But Johnny Ohm is a pretty generic thug villain who gets broken out of jail and turned into muscle because reasons

I remember seeing that game for sale at vintage stock, either I got something instead of it or my mom wouldn't let me buy it because it looked too much like mortal kombat, I forget.

probably the latter because it was some sort of fightan game in that vein

Is she a miles villain or a peter villain?

Can he control his lightning? Because if so, he shouldn't be a fucking Spider-man bad guy, he should be a high tier Avenger level foe.

People really underestimate Lightning powers. Let alone other energy manipulation.

OP as shit dump coming through

>An unusually configured magnetic field was created when Max Dillon was struck by lightning while holding live, high-tension wires and a wound reel of one-inch cable, granting him superhuman powers. Electro can generate massive quantities of electricity, theoretically up to approximately one million volts. He can employ this electrostatic energy as lightning arcs from his fingertips, and his maximum charge is more than enough to kill a normal human.

>When his body is charged to high levels, he becomes superhumanly strong and fast. He can also glide over power lines by using the electricity contained therein for propulsion, and he has on occasion been shown to actually ride on lightning bolts. During a stint in prison, Doctor Octopus gave him the ideas of ionizing metals and sparking the petroleum in the fuel tank of a vehicle as a way to generate explosions. He can charge himself up to make himself more powerful. He can also absorb the energy of electrical equipment such as a power plant to increase his powers further.

>In New Avengers, he was shown to fly and manipulate large amounts of electricity and machinery, when he freed all the prisoners at Ryker's Island.[volume & issue needed]

>An experimental procedure heightened his powers, allowing Electro to store and absorb a seemingly limitless amount of electricity. He also seemed to gain the power over magnetism to a certain degree, allowing him to manipulate magnetic fields and move objects in a manner similar to that of Magneto, and could overcome his old weakness to water by using the electromagnetic fields around him to vaporize water before it could touch him. He made Spider-Man beg by stimulating the bioelectric currents in his brain, and was able to defeat Nate Grey by manipulating said currents in Nate's brain to turn his own psionic powers against him.

>Electro can override any electrically powered device and manipulate it according to his mental commands.

>By using an external electrical power source to recharge his body's energy reserves, Electro could expend electricity indefinitely without diminishing his personal reserves. When he is fully charged, Electro is extremely sensitive to anything that may "short circuit" him, such as water.

>Electro propels himself along magnetic lines of force in objects that have great electrical potential, such as high-tension electrical lines. He can also create electrostatic bridges to traverse upon, at the cost of a great expenditure of energy.

>During the events of the storyline "The Gauntlet", Electro became a living artificial thunderbolt, allowing him to travel through electrical appliances such as going through a light bulb and exiting through any other electronic device connected to the power source.[volume & issue needed] He was also able to transmit himself over Spider-Man's web

Yeah that is a potential city killer level foe. Like he could take out a million people in like a few minutes if he cut loose in the middle of New York and started moving about a bit.

Superior Electro when?

I think he works as a powerful idiot.

Only thing that really separates him from the superior foes types is that he has some A-list friends he can hang with.

A lot of this is special event stuff, in general, Electro is basically this guy

Which is still pretty damn powerful

Still do not see why Gargan is the loser when guys like Boomerang are around. Shocker had the stigma of being decently powered but no one else takes him seriously.

Gargan is actually a fairly powerful individual

I really don't like any Spider villain being a world domination type. I hated it when they elevated Osborn a decade ago.

They work best as street level purse snatching thugs and small time criminals

Give him a non-retarded costume

Doc Oc can punch above his weight class being an evil scientist in a comic universe.
Goblin is a mid range character
Rhino is an Avengers level threat
Sandman is reasonably powerful too

Kraven is a low powered street leveler, he would be a decent Captain America villain. He is basically a supersoldier level. Vulture has some level of superstrength but his wings get taken out by things like fire really easily. Chameleon is a shapeshifter now but not really a brawler for heroes.

Mysterio is iffy, he can be a nightmare for a lot of characters but there is really nothing he can do at all to guys like Thor or Vision, maybe Iron Man.

I really do not like how Black Widow is considered one of the standard Avengers members now because of that.

Especially the 99.99999% Mockingbird version

Didn't Kraven and Calisto get their powers from a plant that was very similar to Panther's?

A villain needs to be twice as big as his hero is, so I agree and disagree. No, Spider-Man shoudln't deal with guys trying to rule the world cause that would fuck up the Marvel universe as it's laid out, but I don't think his enemies should just be "small time", I think they should be super small time...like there needs to be a reason for Spider-Man to exist after all, sure Electro might just want to get rich, but why not up the stakes more often, just stop making his villains seem like kind of jokes outside of Goblin and Ock you know, I'd like to see a spiteful Electro who will arrogantly use his powers just to fuck people up, thus making Spidey better for stopping him

A lot of times it seems when Spidey stops villains, it's just a background thing while the real villain is whatever girl issues he's having

ye, "various jungle herbs", but it's basically the Black Panther potion

I don't like her because the bad guys have to be weakened to keep her relevant. It would have been better if they just picked some powered hero, and made them a Agent introduced in Iron Man 2. Like say Agent Monica Rambeau, Code name Spectrum. Keeps the female Avenger thing, but is also a black woman. Since most diversity in Superhero stuff seems to be only Black Guys.

Or have her intro in Thor, and have her battle a Thor who still has some powers, but is mostly weakened. So you can still have Black Widow, but keep her for only Agents of SHIELD stuff.

I would have much rather had Monica in the movie.

Even Wasp, Tigra, or Firestar would have been better

>A lot of times it seems when Spidey stops villains, it's just a background thing while the real villain is whatever girl issues he's having
In some ways, that's Spidermans thing, he's a very "working class schmuck" sort of hero... except he doesn't get paid enough (or at all), which plays into his everyman mystique.

Some of the problems lay in his surroundings. Spiderman needs new york - specifically Manhattan - he doesn't work anywhere else. Well, maybe Chicago or London, but the point is he needs a shit load of obnoxiously tall buildings.

Yea but Spider-Man's whole thing has been that he was a local neighborhood kind of guy that stopped purse snatchers and ATM robbers. His villains were more over the top extensions of that. He was never about saving the Earth or stopping world domination plants.

Too bad, she's a long-time Avengers mainstay. The real issue is that, like most team books, they either fail to find a purpose for the low-powered members that works logically with the story or they always have every member of the team active at once, leaving the low powered characters nothing to do. Let's be real, most Avengers members are useless compared to the high powered members or entirely redundant.

Isn't Firestar a Mutant?

Just have more teams. Stick the lower powered people with SHIELD, while the higher tier people are the Avengers.

On that thought. Create the Avengers from Spider-man bad guys.

Electro - The team Thor, channels his lightening through a hammer to make it fly and come back to him. As well as just shocking people.

One of the tech bad guys as Iron Man

Kraven - Captain America

Rhino - Hulk

Then you just need a Antman and Wasp.

If anything they really need to divorce SHIELD from the superheroes more. It makes SHIELD look incompetent and the superheroes look like lackeys. They had something like that with the Secret Avengers team that had Cap, Widow, Shang-Chi, and Moon Knight, but it's really just a band-aid for an inability to balance characters.

Also Sandman is an ex-Avenger.

>Electro
>Sandman
>Hydroman
>Doc Ock
>Shocker
A lot of spideys villains seem to follow the "extremely dangerous but they don't really try" route