Paranatural

Not even sure why I made this thread. Please post all relevant images of wrists below.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html
imgur.com/a/te3GX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can do

So seeing as the quality of the comic dropping seems to directly correlate with how deep Zack descends into tumblr shit, how bad will the comic get now that he's decided he's non-binary?

Webcomic cliques were a mistake

I don't even know what to say anymore.

What did he even mean by that?

Worst thing Zack has EVER made by far is close the comment section. We could really use it to talk some sense into him.

He probably realizes that and keeps it closed now.

one of his resolutions was to come out. when i met him irl he seemed very, very shy so i'm sure it was terrifying at least. i don't care what gender he is though, i wish mr. spender was cool and not uncomfortably moe again.

Wait.. come out as what? he has a girlfriend, or at least we're told.

>Zachary cares way more about perceived public identity than the deteriorating quality of his work that madea lot of people care about him in the first place
The poor guy.

>inb4 someone calls me out for "guy" (which I use in a gender-neutral sense anyway because I'm a stupid EFL bloke)

What was it like to meet Zack irl?

As if the comic wasn’t going down in flames already

>when i met him irl
You had a chance to save him and you didn't.... user...

His "girlfriend" is equally as "queer/non-binary/whatever made up buzzterm Tumblr has decided to jerk off over now", and is practically a living testament everything wrong with Tumblr users. In fact, she's one of the prime reasons as to why Zack turned into such shit.

The interesting thing is that the comment section of that post is inundated with messages of congratulations.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I find this whole non-binary fad to be really strange.

NON BIANARY
MUSLIM FEMENIST
OW MY WRIST
W

M
Y

W
R
I
S
T
[Z/H]ack!

It must be some kind of cult.

So how long until Paranatural reaches the gay singularity?

>one of his resolutions was to come out. when i met him irl he seemed very, very shy so i'm sure it was terrifying at least.
Oh, really? This is quite the news to me, honestly. (just realised after I posted and updated this thread - I was being very cynical at the time)

Nevertheless, whichever path he decides to go to, I don't think it'll be a hindrance toward the continuous and critical judgement of PNAT for what it is today. Larry Wachowski becoming Lana didn't stop or shift all criticism towards the Siblings' flop Jupiter Ascending.

>weirdoes feeling validated by other people being the same weirdness as them
Not to normalise this deviancy, but you're on Sup Forums m8. What do you think you're doing right now.

He’s persistent to say the least

JEJ

Good point, mate.

He hangs out with Andrew Hussie, are you surprised.

He did a good job at that. Not sure if he realizes that he also made himself completely unpalatable to the rest of human society at the same time.

>the Club happy and bonding together
Quit doing all this false advertising bullshit Zack, you know bloody well what you're going to do and it's fucking indelible.

Somewhat good point, but even still, I'm fairly certain that most of Sup Forums can agree that what Zack is doing (and what he has done over the past few years) is the height of insanity.

>not to normalise this deviancy

I should have phrased that better. What he's doing is in fact WORSE than the validation from fellow weirdoes we have here on Sup Forums. At the very least, most people on Sup Forums (that aren't/co/mblr, or easily triggered Redditors) are capable of acting like reasonable adults. Zack just throws petulant temper tantrums and hissy fits online whenever people with different views try to give him critique or feedback.

AND THERE WE GO

His art degeneration over the years is a clear marker of this. He's been hugboxed so much that there is no hope of Zack ever looking at himself or his art critically again.

>both of them started going to shit when they got girlfriends
Hmmm

His writing went to shit too. Fuck it.

Has anyone ever asked a non-binary person what they think it means to be a man or a woman?

Honestly, at this point we should just spam all of Zack's social media connections to try and see if we can crack his infested skull and pull out the original man again. At worst, we utterly crash Paranatural (or rather, the rotting caricature of Paranatural), and we shatter the man so utterly he cuts every single connection he has online and in real life. Either way, that's a better fate than THIS.

he's what now
goddamn it.

Interestingly enough both Paranatural and Monsterkind have regressed artisically. Monsterkind was never as good as Paranatural in terms of art or writing but at least used to be good enough to read when bored or something. Pic related is then-vs-now comparison

>this comic used to be my main art inspiration and a reason for me to get out of bed earlier to check for updates
>this comic is what I wanted my art & writing to be in the future
>this comic made me want to start a webcomic of my own
Fuck dude.
Also, how long until:
>Ed comes out as nonbinary in the comic out of fucking nowhere
>Isabel becomes a trans boy
>a non-trans female character with full body hair is introduced
>Zack kicks Isaac out of the main character squad to make way for a more diverse POC character

see

I know Paranatural died and it's really fucking disappointing, but there are plenty of other great webcomics that you can read, user.

What the hell is it with people dating trans/non-binary people where almost 90% of the time the normal one ends up coming out as Nonbinary themselves
It's becoming less of a meme and more of a damned STD

>gender is a spectrum
>gender is a social construct
>gender is whatever my immediate feelings say it is

Yeah true. I'm gonna read Unsounded.

>that art
Don't remind me of how good it used to be, user.

>It's becoming less of a meme and more of a damned STD
Remember: spreading AIDS is legal in California now.

Wait, what?

Read Stand Still Stay Silent. The art is utterly gorgeous, the writing is literally lightyears ahead of anything Paranatural ever had, the characters are actually people and the horror elements/monster design is top notch. You also won't have to worry about the author going utterly insane and becoming a part of this "gender"/LGBTQITBRAAAA bullshit.

don’t forget how the main character is gay now for some reason

We're aware of our own craziness. At the very least, we don't seek to spread our deviances as a political ideology.

It's still not legal, but it's no longer a felony.

latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html

I've never read this comic, but Monsterkind doesn't look like it's regressed /quite/ as much as Paranatural.

Still...in the newer page, the lineart is less carefully placed, the hands look more like blobs, and the general form of the characters is. Uh. Is there really any better way to describe it than "it looks like a blob"?

Also, how old are these characters supposed to be? They look like teenagers on the left but look like children on the right.

I'm sure x̌z'Hè would say something that could be best summed up as "binary is for square, mang."

>latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html
I don't know how to feel about this.

They’re supposed to be adults. It’s funny because the website’s header hasn’t been updated to reflect the new artstyle so you can see the difference just by glancing up from a current page

>Also, how old are these characters supposed to be? They look like teenagers on the left but look like children on the right.
Supposedly, they're actually supposed to be teens/full-blown adults, but you know, Tumblr Madness poisons everything.

>Is there really any better way to describe it than "it looks like a blob"?
Tumblr-style.

Furious. Fuck Cali. Fuck faggots.

>They’re supposed to be adults.
I'm sure there's something worth psychoanalyzing about the tendency of these types of artists to draw (and write) "adults" as just stlightly taller teenagers.

>I'm sure there's something worth psychoanalyzing
Don't. Trust me on this. You DO NOT want to see what goes on in the heads of these people.

People will either get treated like a man, like a woman, or a mix of both. They can't be treated as if they have 'no gender'.

So much of the way society treats other people comes from how a person looks, physically. Most non-binary people are just insecure women, and yet--they often still dress and act like super femme women. So why the fuck would someone treat them any differently?

....Isn't it illegal to knowingly, maliciously spread /any/ disease?

Sweet jesus god why would you post that hideous art here. I was trying to forget. Fuck.

Not if revealing you're ill would make your feelings hurt and make people unhappy about you wanting to fuck them. Then it's homophobia and punishing them for spreading it is victim blaming.

Thanks for the recommendation user. It certainly looks interesting, I'll bookmark it and check it out later.

>They're supposed to be adults.

I wonder what people like Rock Hudson, Liberace, Anthony Perkins or Freddie Mercury would have to say about this.

In fact, speaking of Freddie Mercury, I suppose Brian May and the others should refund people their entrance fee to that concert in Mercury's memory in 1992.

Spender was only "cool" when he was sitting in the shadows in his first page. After that he was consistently a huge dweeb who sometimes did cool things.

Unexpected because it was SPX, which is more of an "indie" show. He seemed nice, like somebody I'd be friends with desu. Just a normal, awkward comics person.

It certainly calls one to form a hypothesis regarding the mental age of these artists in relation to their biological age, if their idea of "adult" seems to be stuck on some slight variation of the same neotenic 'quirky, snarky college freshmen that are, like, soooo stressed and lost confuzzled 'bout life, bruh' mindset

Honestly don't know how people didn't see this coming. She's been teasing their relationship since pretty much the first chapter.

>tfw get mildly invested in the mystery set up in Monsterkind
>have to deal with the art style getting shittier and shittier if I want any resolution

I mean christ everyone is bordering on midget height now and the heads are just so generically rounded. The original style wasn't anything groundbreaking but at least it was relatively distinct. How much more can it deteriorate?

This is why they all congregate and throw shitfits online, because they know deep down in their hearts that they live and will always live in a two-gender society and that anyone who greets them on the street will be making judgments based on their appearance and clothing.

I think in these sorts of communities especially, where identity politics are given so much power, it's much more tempting (and more nefariously, encouraged) to "come out" as nonbinary and get a special label for yourself than to just admit you're a girl that likes masculine things or a boy that likes feminine things. I imagine Zack, moving for so long in highly feminine/female dominated spaces, probably feels like he genuinely can't reconcile being a man with his interests. And that's honestly kind of sad.

>another breeders invading LGBT spaces
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The new style reminds me of Steven Universe, which makes sense since there was a trend of tumblr artists copying its style. Both Zack and the Monsterkind creator were fans of it too I think.

>oh, it's just a misdemeanor! You can live so long with the disease!
Just going to ignore the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to treat it?

>she's been teasing gayness
Where? Never noticed any foreshadowing and I'm gay and thirsty for homoromance.

>How much more can it deteriorate?
The artist will grow so lazy that she literally just makes them flesh blobs with no defining features whatsoever. I mean, she's already done so to their personalities and individual identities. Why not do the same for their physical states too?

You have a great point about them congregating and bitching online. Really, you can be a faceless. genderless entity online. But you can't hold that up in person.

I think non-binary is just a stupid way of saying that not every person is a stereotypical caricature of a woman or a man. But then a non-binary chick will take it to this stupid extreme that implies she's "special" for being a woman that wears pants. I dunno.

>The new style reminds me of Steven Universe
The problem though with incorporating such elements for Paranatural is that SU's artistic direction is the antithesis to PNAT's rough action-packed vibe befitting the premise with its bold, rigid lines and loud colours - obvious shōnen anime influences. I'll put it this way: the action in classic Paranatural is the stuff you'd want to have rock music (Jack White, Royal Blood etc) play in the background...

It's never bee super overt, but this scene at the end of chapter 1 is what made me think they would end up a couple eventually-- just the fact that of all the people he's met, he thinks of Ben first. Then there was Ben bringing him breakfast every morning, and blushing when Wallace did something that reminded him of his dead fiance. I think it was meant to show that Wallace felt a deeper connection with Ben than with the other characters and that Ben clearly had some kind of affection for him from pretty early on.

It's not masterful writing and there's plenty of critique to be had for how rushed it was, but it wasn't without build-up in my opinion. Taylor's not the best writer but I would give this development a pass over, say, the Spender and Garcia one in Paranatural.

Yeah, it's become sort of an extreme version of "I'm not like those OTHER girls"-- or in the case of Zack, other guys. I'd be willing to bet he won't ever make any effort to change himself to fit this supposedly new image except maybe paint his nails once and double down on distancing himself from "toxic masculinity". But tumblr will eat his shit for being so brave as to change his pronouns online.

Dropped my pic like an idiot

>Shan Murphy
Reminder that this person is completely fucking insane and literally identifies as a fucking Diglett.
imgur.com/a/te3GX

Is it true that women have better "gaydars" than men?

All my friends in LGBT circles hate that decision, since "good" infected people are all about disclosure because it's a fucking decent thing to do, so it just ends up helping the assholes and turning the public more against the community.
Basically, CA played themselves.

>gooble gobble gooble gobble
It's very clearly a joke.

I've never read this but it annoys me how these "monsters" are just odd colored humans

i forgot about this comic until now, read it ages ago
is it any good now

Not too strange. People want to feel unique. Being able to slap on a tumblr grown buzzword is a way to truly be "special" and then find yourself congratulated by various 'communities'.

You're getting something for nothing.

So he went from a broken wrist to a limp wrist? Doesn't seem like an improvement.

It doesn't help that Taylor doesn't really distinguish stylistically between humans and monsters beyond the ones that are really obvious like Kip. For example, there's only one monster on this page, despite all characters having weird visual traits (like the orange nose or cat-like eyes). It'd be a fine way of making characters distinct if it were in a comic that wasn't completely ABOUT the visual differences between two species, one of which is just plain ol' humans.

Depends on your definition of "good". It's certainly paced better than Paranatural is and she's just ramped up the conflict/mystery for the end of chapter 4, so chapter 5 should be promising story-wise. Wallace and Charlie meet again finally, and Eno gets implicated in something dark. If you can stomach the style shift I'd say it's worth binging, probably won't take you longer than a couple hours at most. I'd call Monsterkind a solidly "alright" comic overall.

>Basically, CA played themselves
That seems to be their thing these days.

God. He's so up his own ass that his comic is just a PSA for snowflake identities now. He should take a lesson from HTBAW on how to be lgbt, have lgbt characters and actually have a story that isn't "lawl im insert identity here"

>imgur.com/a/te3GX
uh

what is going on here?

1) why would he/she/etc want to broadcast all of their triggers and 2) why do they kin with 20 different things

>It's very clearly a joke.
I know dude, I'm just weirded out by the community as a whole.

You have a great point. I feel like these people want all the praise of being a queer or a tranny (because apparently that is deserving of 'praise' now) without actually being queer/trans. And therefore without any of the drawbacks of being in those minorities. They just get to scream about pronouns and make the rest of the world hate faggots more.

This is what she thinks is foreshadowing romance?

Holy balls did I lol

Ashley Cope and Michelle Czajkowski might both be a bit crazy, but at least they know they are women.

Does that mean fujos are taking over? Will Zack go for the obvious pairings or will he prefer crack ships?

What are obvious pairings?

Don't lump Sup Forums's queen Ashley in with these mockeries of human beings just because she also makes a webcomic.

Didnt he shoutout to co on a strip at one point?

1) to let potential friends know what they should tag to be blacklisted. They never consider that this information could be used against them.
2) because they're retarded and/or a troll; most otherkin I've talked with (couple dragons, a garter snake, and a dog) are very clear they believe that their soul belongs to exactly one species

>second part
Yeah, there's some animosity between trans people with gender dysphoria and people without but who really want those oppression points.
I'm surprised there's not as much drama between trans people and otherkin over "is species dysphoria real," but I dunno.

>Lucifer/Forge
>Ed/Isaac
>bartender/golem made entirely of Starchman Stars
Obviously.