Without trying to be a troll or nothing, do girls actually read comics anymore?

Without trying to be a troll or nothing, do girls actually read comics anymore?

yes... believe it or not they even MAKE books too.

see: emil ferris, tillie walden, leslie stein, anya davidson, lauren weinstein, sophie goldstein, katie skelly, etc etc.

Yes.

>anymore
>implying they ever read comics in the first place

Yes.
Does this answer matter at all to you though?
Do you actually believe it?

>-stein
(((They))) make comics indeed.

>every clerk at my LCS is a cutie who can hold convos about good indie/small print/euro stuff

Without trying to be a troll or nothing, does the average Sup Forums poster actually read comics anymore?

Mary Cagle, Ashley Cope, Priscilla Hamby, Minna Sundberg...
Can't forget some of Sup Forums's favorite webcomics.

Sure they do. Just usually not superhero comics.

Yeah. Especially if they got good looking male (sometimes female) characters.

I wouldn't know, none of my guy friends even reads comic except one, but he's super casual.

There's a reason for that m8

Yes and they are around 15% of comic readers just like they around 15% of videogame players and 15% of Sup Forums anons and 15% of women are probably too obese and fucked up to have a normal life so they do boy stuff instead

Yeah.

Because Indi comics are a thriving market with millions upon millions of sales right?

Most of the girls in my school read manga and the guys read comics, if I recall correctly.

because women are less interested in big dick power fantasies as per clowes' pussey!

>complaining about Jews in comic books

Man, did you come to the wrong medium.

>Real answer
Yes, obviously.

>My own experiences
Yes.
BUT, it's always only ever stuff that's come out in the past year or so. Stuff like Ms. Marvel or Spider-Gwen or Squirrel Girl (occasionally you'll find one who thinks stuff like Lumberjanes is super underground). They're also the exclusive audience for social-justice books like Faith and that one about the obese lesbian werewolf.
A lot of their taste is formed from outside media (which is fine to a point, but it's usually just Young Justice, the MCU, and/or the straight-to-video movies like Batman & Harley Quinn) and a most of their knowledge comes from reading Wiki pages (which again, I can't fault too hard, comics are expensive, but fuck anyone who plays that off like they read a ton of comics when all they do is skim synopses).

But that's just the majority of ones I've met in college, where 90% of everyone is an insufferable know-it-all twat trying really hard to look interesting. There's also plenty of super chill girls who are into comics, but the trick is they don't make a big deal out of it, so you'll probably never know unless you run into them at your LCS.

Sounds like a smart business model to bring in the lonely NEETs.

>comics are for nerds and psychos.

Not wrong actually.

But don't you know, user?
Farmville totally counts as a video game, so there's even more girl gamers than silly boys :^)

Most of the girls I know who are into comics won't buy single issue stuff and wait for full collections so they can read it all at once.

>"boy stuff" makes you obese
Don't blame your fatass on your hobbies

Both of my daughters read a lot of comics and manga, and the younger has begun drawing her own
So, yeah

Raina Telgeimer is one of the most successful creators in comics and her audience is little girls

There are comics besides superhero comics and indie comics. You'd know that if you weren't a garbage capefag.

I don't read comics, I just shitpost about them.

Few women read comics. A LOT of women read manga

>does anyone actually read comics anymore?

FTFY

>Farmville totally counts as a video game
It is a video game, a shitty one, but still a game

Gail Simmone

>Freemium mobile games count as video games
By that logic, this gif counts as a movie, because it's a moving picture.

>comics industry spends decades ignoring girls as a market
>suddenly realizes girls have money and enjoy reading things
>damage is already done, social stigma against comics is too strong
>attempts to be more inclusive yield almost no interest from girls, only drive away more core demographic of adult men

that gif could be a short silent film, saying mobile games arent games is like saying fps arent games. Just because you dont like it, doesnt make it not a game.

tradewaiting is the patrician's choice

>he doesn't know
Holy shit

It literally does you fucking dipshit

Nobody reads comics anymore.
At least not the physical variety.

The average/co/ poster is most likely a cartoon fag

This.

By your logic, Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 isn't a movie because it's nothing like Casablanca.

Hahaha yes.

No, one they can't read comics after puberty (boobs get in the way). Same with basketball.

Some do, but most are plebs or have a beginner level knowledge of the subject. That could be said for anything really, I don't know why women are so incapable of having an in depth knowledge of anything, it's kind of weird. Maybe they're just not autistic enough as a gender or something, or maybe they're less likely to fall through the cracks of society and get into a niche hobby. Whatever the reason, the fact is that women are by and large huge posers who need to get off my board reeeee

Art is subjective, but different genres and different mediums have rules.
A gumball machine isn't an arcade game.
A jigsaw puzzle isn't a painting.
A dildo isn't a sculpture.

They all have similarities, but they don't belong in that genre. If a game doesn't have actual gameplay, it's more of a digital toy.

I don't consider the Snapchat app on my phone "a video game" (even though it has animation, touch controls, can be used with friends, etc.).

Putting something like Farmville in the same category as something like Call of Duty or Last of Us or even something laid back and casual like Animal Crossing is like saying your car is a type of boat that just happens to work on land.

You're not technically wrong, you're just retarded.

More like saying a commercial for laundry detergent isn't a movie because it's nothing like Casablanca.
And it isn't a movie.
It's a commercial.

>A dildo isn't a sculpture
I mean, if you sculpt one it is.

Sometimes when my sister and I are home for the holidays, she has a pile of of indie comics she wants me to read so we can talk about them

Her favorite is Saga, otherwise she leans towards wild west-themed fantasy stuff that gets cancelled after 3 issues and mini series

I want to see the percentage of female readers of comics vs manga.

Manga probably blows comics out of the water.

They just flop in the way of opening the magazine.

yes,but not enough to impact sales. so its kind of a moot point.

there's not even millions and millions of sales in capeshit, so what is your point?

The only other person who reads comics other than me that i know irl (manga not included) is a girl. She reads DC while I read Marvel though, so we never have anything comic related to talk to outside of really old iconic stuff or general stuff

Has anyone caught up on Megaslop lately?
I stoped reading when Sloplad got killed by The Milk Man

It all went to crap when Alan Moore retconed Megaslop to being a heroin addicted jazz critic.

No, buddy. Like no girl plays videogames. They just watch tv series, movies, do make up and hang out with friends.

My uncle died alone in a house full of physical comics so I just read them online

This is only true when trying to read them in bed

>>there's also plenty of super chill girls who are into comics, but the trick is they don't make a big deal out of it, so you'll probably never know unless you run into them at your LCS.

This. Also if you’re a eurofag like me, reading eurocomics is normal for both girls and boys.

Venus is just the cutest, I miss reading those comics on Sup Forums.

No. Girls are a myth.

Holy Christ, you're wrong.

> A dildo isn't a sculpture.
Not with that attitude it's not.

"Look at this dump of a text that i took so i could racionalize gating stuff i don't like out of my personal circle of interests"

How can you even live with yourself been such a massive faggot and all?

>women
>read
Pick one, appeaser.

Yeah. It’s a short movie about two animals.

Yes. Yes it does. Are you unfamiliar ith the >1 reel shorts knon as "actualities" or nickelodeon shorts that were the backbone of early filmmaking?

Not trying to troll either but I fucking hope so. Only women and emasculated men could possibly read the current SJW marvel comics, so if they don’t explain their sales number I have no fucking clue.

>emasculated men

Because the average comic readers are such alpha males amirate.

Off topic, but does anyone know if Gilbert ever plans to finish Maria M.?

nobody reads comics anymore

Yes, but sadly they can be kind of hard to find. Most of the girls I've spoken to have only read JTHM, or at least pretend like they did in order to sound cool or edgy. It's a sad fate, but I'm pretty sure that most grils are nearly exclusively into anime/manga.

>> 97859906
kill yourself faggot

all of you have a fun related pic to ease the pain of this retarded user's existence

No, but they do read manga.

Not anything big 2 in years.

I read newspaper comics and nothing else

It's almost like there's a shit ton of female mangaka because Japanese actually have drive and senses of self worth as a result of their efforts. You'll never see the west match their numbers so long as the having it all myth and illusion of choice, amongst many other problems, gets phased out.

its really too bad you typed that all out just to be completely wrong.

I have been reading comics since the 80s and I see more girls in the LCS now than ever. When I grew up there were no other girls so I'm loving talking to them and seeing what they're reading. Image and Saga and TWD really brought them in, as well as Suicide Squad and Teen Titans.

>most of their knowledge comes from reading Wiki pages
To be fair that probably applies to lots of people here as well.
>gatekeeping that desperate
Who hurt you user? Is your identity really so dependent on denying that shit is somehow separate from the things you enjoy?

>a digital toy
So a video game?

>Ctrl+f
>No Neil Gaiman's The Sandman

I've meet many female acquiantances, usually college age bookworms or goth chics, that don't read nor have any interest in any comicbooks other than The Sandman, for some reason that comic is a big hit among women.

Women "geeks" in general seems to be more into reading literature or making art and crafts than males "geeks" that are usually into video games, comics or whatever.