Why is this so beloved? Miller portraits Superman like a lap dog

why is this so beloved? Miller portraits Superman like a lap dog

no one cares about Superman

>Miller portraits Superman like a lap dog
Who fucking cares? Its another universe, and its miles better than most alternate Supermen.

Same reason why shitty Kingdom Come is so loved by Supesfags despite it making Billy look like garbage. The story is about Batman and therefore he is the main focus. I mean the book is shit but atleast dislike like it for the right reasons.

The whole point is that society had turned into such a shithole that Superman's commitment to lawfulness had turned into a bad thing. It's not hard to figure out.

Superman is my favorite superhero and I can't stand Batman, but TDKR is arguably the best comic ever published.

Billy's portrayal in that is the most well written he's ever been under DC.

>Spend most of the comics brainwashed and working for Luthor
>Best he has been under DC
How about No?

My nigga.

KC also shat on Supes.

Because edgy stuff like this appeals to teenagers. I'm glad Johns is turning a page with rebirth.
The art was fucking ugly too. It should've been drawn by somebody like Jim Lee or Gary Frank.

Anyone just generally sick of Batman at this point? He's always been the most overshilled character in comics but the DCEU shitting on the character and still expecting his fans to come see the movie like good little sheep has really turned me off for the next while.

Yeah he's an asshole in it but Supesfags love that it jerks him off by giving him trophy wife Diana, resistance to magic and make him out live everyone.

this thread makes me sad

except this guy

frank miller is a tryhard faggot.

overrated by losers

>why is this so beloved? Miller portraits Superman like a lap dog

You answered your own question.

>Miller portraits Superman like a lap dog
For the greater good because...
> 1 - Society won't tolerate vigilantes operating publicly anymore even Superman.
> 2 - By working with the government on foreign affairs they allowed him to continue saving people all over the world as long as he wasn't seen.
> 3 - As part of his deal with the government, they would allow the other heroes to go quietly into retirement instead of hunting them down.

DKR made me like Superman. I empathized with his circumstances.

KC was trash all around except for some designs.

well its not a superman story you fucking mongoloid

>why is this so beloved?

I'm an oldfag and here is the honest answer:

You just had to be there.

It's aged terribly. Most of its concepts have been cannibalized, and its arguably been lapped by other works.

But it changed the game.

>Batman is all bulging muscles and middle age insecurity
>TDKR Clark gets a rugged dress shirt to show his handsomeness and heroism
>Superman is VEINY and BULGING

Frank loves Superman Batfags are just delusional

Because it's an actually great and influential comic, inspite of what Geoff Johns wants you to believe.

Are these all by the same person?

>20 replies
>18 posters

Yes that's definitely the same poster user.

Committing to the law and being a government lapdog are two different things.

Batman is gay.

Batman's ultra fanboys are making me sick of Batman.

. Batman's extreme fanboys, who claim he's Teh Best At Everything OMG and can beat anyone with preparation annoy me too. Bonus points if they diss other characters while doing so. Further bonus points if these are promoted fanboys who are writing his comics (hi Frank Miller). And all of this makes me sad because I really like Batman.

Pretty much this, many comics had become stale and boring, and here comes a few people like Frank who really shook things up and made comics edgy and enjoyable, they are trying to recapture that. Like with the Joker being what he was in the new 52 "I think, he peeled his face off? I forget the name of the book." so now its Edgy because they THINK thats what people want.

Dont get me wrong, they can make some good stuff thats adult but sometimes it may be silly in how they do it. Ironically, some things are now going back to the old goofy detective batman and its enjoyed too.

Superman is boring because he's too powerful and a Mary Sue and always wins". Then literally five seconds later: "Batman can beat anyone with prep time, and he takes out Superman no problem anyway, because he's Batman"
Me: "...do you really not see the problem in those two statements?"

Basically, if Batman decides to get in a punching contest with a super, this should happen:

>Frank who really shook things up and made comics edgy and enjoyable,
Frank Miller's fascist Dark Knight is a very modern archetype .

Is this the same guy or has Sup Forums turned to shit recently.
>One of the most influential works in the genre is shit because hurr durr *random characterfaggotry* hurr durr *power levels*.
Stay in your rebirth threads, faggot.

>ITT:"Comic enthousiastes" who can't tell a good one from a bad one, and shit on the best one ever made.

Casuals are smarter then you fucks.
Who the fuck cares about portrayal of Batman or Superman different than your wet dreams, it's the mastery of medium first and foremost.

And the biggest faggot is the retard preferring Jim Lee to Miller art.
Kill yourself.

Really? The way I saw it was that Superman cared deeply for Bruce and wanted him to stop being so brazen when he was hitting the bee hive. I felt sad for Supes, and in the end was happy he just let Batman do what he wanted because he recognized his value.

Batfags .

Superman is portrayed "negatively" because DKR is essentially a coming-of-age story and Superman is an adult. The ending even has Bruce implicitly acknowledge that Clark is right.

>when you're in art class and the teacher tells you to use all of the page

>20 replies
>18 posters
>using computer and mobile devices and proxies

>Yes that's definitely the same poster user.

Well I'm glad you agree!

DKR is sort of like "Tower of Babel," in the regard that people would rather misinterpret the story and say, "Look how awesome Batman is!" than actually read and interpret the story as written.

Because it was the thing that made plebs stop seeing Batman as the Adam West version, nevermind all the other 70's and 80's stories that were serious too.

Heh, lap dog.

Nice retaliation Johns/Bendisfag

to be honest I really liked bvs and how it remade the dark knight rises while having superman as an actual character instead of some guy thrown in to satisfy some bat god fetish

I prefer how zack handled it. Where superman tells the military they will never command him. That's how a hero is supposed to be. Not taking orders from the government\president

It's set in a hypothetical au future. Superman can be portrayed however they want.

Batman has always been more of a MUH LAW fag than Superman.

Always.