Has there ever been a series about someone from a sci-fi setting ending up trapped in a fantasy setting?

Has there ever been a series about someone from a sci-fi setting ending up trapped in a fantasy setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_romance
youtube.com/watch?v=_myPkk5aDj8
he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Marlena
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does that one episode of Rick and Morty with the rapist jellybean count?

No

no but thats a really cool idea especially if they pull a reverse planet of the apes where they actually just went back in time.

Would it make sense for a sci-fi series to have always had magic/mysticism in it?

what if the main character ended up killing the magic?

What? How?

the warlock in spite of himself?

I think we should make this a reality bros.

Fuck if I know, just flicking a lever in heaven why not

You mean like this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_romance

Doesn't Drakengard sort of do the reverse?

I dont know what that is.

Some Doctor Doom comics did that. Also Star Ocean, but that's vidya.

The Nier games are sequels to Drakengard

That's more on the science fantasy end, this would be two separate universes with their own rules.

Never played those, barely know anything about em other then that I wanna fuck the girl android.

There's that old D&D cartoon where the science geek of the group becomes a wizard.

bump

I'm currently working on a setting for a vidya that evolves from a fantasy to cyberpunk future.

Over multiple installments?

Something like that. I pictured it as a trilogy with the first being high medieval, second late renaissance/early colonial, and the last being set in the somewhat distant future.

It's sort of one of those things that you'd hope to make if you ever made it big.

Isn't that just Army of Darkness?

The scifi character should have a holographic AI companion.

Doctor Who

it's vidya, but star ocean 3 did it. it's been years since I played it, but I think it was basically "future tech planet person crash lands on backwards unelevated/underdeveloped fantasy/magic planet". I don't remember the details, but yeah.

Well, it's a sci-fi character in a fantasy setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=_myPkk5aDj8

>it's vidya
So don't bother replying then.

technically yes this is Sup Forums material brace for weaponized autism REEing but there is an anime, Scrapped Princess, that starts fantasy and turns sci-fi.

what? he does not look near (never mind over) the age of 30 in that pic.

There's that Futurama movie

Is that what OP is referring to though?

I think every Star Ocean game does that in the beginning.

>Has there ever been a series about someone from a sci-fi setting ending up trapped in a fantasy setting?
Yes.

Blackstar is pretty much this. Astronaut lands on an alien world that corresponds to to a fantasy realm. He-man's mom is the same gimmick.

That's not fantasy

>What is Star Wars

Our expectations of it are.

>He-man's mom
What?

I can't name one but why can I name so many examples with "caveman meets futuristic alien"

Back story is she's an astronaut from earth marooned on Eternia, so he's half Terran.

he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Marlena

Deleted an earlier post I made because I mistakenly thought OP was talking about comics but a non-series toon example is Heavy Metal 2000. Moreso the comic it's based on, Melting Pot. It not that uncommon in fantasy adventure comics I think.

Yes