Cartoon theory

>cartoon theory
>"x was dead the whole time!"
>"x was in a coma and imagined the whole series!"
>"the series was in hell/purgatory/the post-apocalypse!"

>what if [villain] was actually the good guy?

>What if [good guy] was actually the villain?

>[Character X] is [Character Y]

I think it's mostly tweens that come up with these theories. They're not yet old enough to realize how fucking cliché and dumb those theories are.

>theory that extrapolates a throwaway joke line into the cornerstone of some completely outlandish SHOCKING TRUTH

Which show first had this theory? The one I remember that goes back the most is Captain Tsubasa

>[Character X] is a hallucination/imaginatory

>x character is actually character y from completely unrelated series

>"the series was in the post-apocalypse"
To be completely fair, this one is a regularly confirmed theory.

Off the top of my head, it applies to Spongebob, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time.

>Cartoon theory.

>cartoon theory ...on TV Tropes
>"X is a Time Lord and Y is their Tardis"

>>"the series was the post-apocalypse!"
I love this one desu, unironically.

Nobody in fox really knows who keeps making Simpsons episodes, the show has been secretly cancelled for ten years now, the voice actors are retired and the whole team either moved on or are working in other shows
However somehow they are still getting master copies of new episodes and since nothing wierd ever happens on them they keep airing them waiting for any kind of clue to show up

>(Character X) is (Character Y)'s family member

Occasionally clever, but usually not.

>”Is the whole show taking place in a coma dream of X character?”

That makes more sense than it should.

>cartoon theory
>x was bread the whole time

Let's make out own shitty cartoon theories
>Earth in invader Zim isn't really that stupid and nonsensical, we are just watching the show through girs perspective and he is completely defective
>Jhonny bravo is only so rude to women because he was raised by his old mom who taught him how things where done back in the day so he doesn't know any better
>The Powerpuff girls aren't accidentally superheroes, they are accidentally girls. The professor was trying to create a biogical weapon but didn't count on it turning out like that

>Spongebob
but every time he visits the surface it's modern day

He's taking about the cast of Spongebob being Bikini Atolls mutated wildlife.

What do you mean "cartoon" theory?

>[Character X] is a Time Lord

Also not old enough to realize they're all just a ripoff of St. Elsewhere.

STEVEN
AFTER
NOT
SURVIVING

Goku is evil and vegeta is a good father

Goku pushes his son and neglects him in different ways than vegetta, but they're still the same dad

>"the series was in hell/purgatory/the post-apocalypse!"

I'll admit, I'm a fan of the last one. Especially the Aladdin one with all the magic stuff that no one really understands because all of the knowledge was lost in the apocalypse. I think that means it applies to a lot of other Disney movies too.

>heroic audience stand-in protag was really the bad guy!
>selfish manipulator egotist antag was really the good guy!

This modernist tripe is insufferable. Do people not know what insincerity is anymore?

>do x and y share the same universe

I just did a spit take