How would a Rayman cartoon work?

How would a Rayman cartoon work?
I'm thinking something like Hoodlum Havoc, with the aesthetic of Origins/Legends
>inb4 the Rayman cartoon that already exists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9JoAtfLb5Es
youtube.com/watch?v=e9AtNxj-Dx8
comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10/13/michel-ancel-new-rayman-game-ubisoft-beyond-good-and-evil-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A Rayman cartoon is a concept I would love to see tackled (again), Rayman and co fighting Razorbeard or Mr Dark. The only downside to it is I can't image they wouldnt include Rabbids, seeing as they got their own cartoon.

Slapstick with a monster of the week

But, Ubisoft knows how mad people were when the Rabbids overshadowed Rayman, isn't that why they split them up in the first place?

I like that idea! It's like what Steven Universe was early on.

Episodic "villain of the week" show with the Hoodlums being the "main" antagonist of sorts. Hoodlums really should be used more, their design is great and the wordplay is 10/10.

It'd be a Rabbids cartoon

We're already getting a Rabbids stop motion movie by Stoopid Monkey

The sad part isn't only that they nearly killed (or maybe they finally have not sure) Rayman over the Rabbids, but for a single moment in history the Rabbid franchise was legitimately good and entertaining before going back to being an annoying dumpster fire.

The rabbids directly inspired the minions. So no, I can not ever forgive them.

Forgot to post the picture. The game was a legitimately good collectathon with a neat 50's aesthetic and the obnoxious humor was toned down far more.

what about mario+rabbids?
or are you still angry at that game?

Directly? Are you sure that's the word you wanna use? And can I also get a freaking SOURCE for this?

It is the word I want to use. No I don't have a source. But lets break it down

>rabbids
*Screaming made up language cocaine fueled bullshit
*Made to appeal to literal children
*Appealed to literal children

>Minions
*screaming made up language cocaine fueled bullshit
*made to appeal to literal children
*appealed to literal children

The facts are all there my dude.

Never got it, so can't form an opinion. Never was into XCom esc. strategy/RNG games.

>mfw I realize this rayman thread devolved into people ranting about rabbids, thus becoming a metaphor for how rabbids took over rayman's series

I mean, what else is there to really say. The origin games were neat but they were just speed running and the original games are really old by now and have been talked to death. Theres not much left to say except to criclejerk about hating the thing that pretty much killed the franchise.

>inb4 the Rayman cartoon that already exists

It's not really a cartoon, it was more like a pilot/proof of concept since it never ran on television and Ubisoft did not end up pursuing a cartoon series anyway

Nymph posting?

sure, why not.

Rayman assisting the Nymphs in episodic adventures while exploring the world he lives in and trying to survive the yandere affections of a certain pic related Nymph.

We already had one years ago, slightly based around Rayman 2. But it was too different from the game and I think only aired in France so it got canned. If we are talking about a modern show, I'd be more than ecstatic for a R3 styled Rayman show in 3D. Or 2D, maybe done like Wakfu or something, it's done by the French so.

But we'd likely get something with the modern Ubiart style, which I've grown to adapt to, but I'd prefer R3 style if possible.

They still showed up in that Rayman mobile game; Rayman Adventures.

Does that really count? I mean, that was a spinoff, and they weren't even the focus.

Well they were also planned to be added in Legends first included in some form of DLC iirc. But they scrapped them in fear of backlash.
Honestly them shoving them in a what is essentially Rayman Legends Mobile Edition, seems like how they can add them in without tipping everyone off.

but rabbids came before minions

Barbara > Nymphs

Hence why he said "The rabbids directly inspired the minions." Which meant the Rabbids created the Minions.

Ly > Barbara > Nymphs

Best nymph

I wish they could make a Crash Bandicoot cartoon with Genndy Tartakovsky involved. No dialogue, just fun slapstick. Cortex doing silly world-conquering plans, Crash ruining everything while obliviously runs after whumpa fruit.

This could actually be so good.

Can't we have a good cartoonist instead?

oh oops its 3am my reading comprehension is dogshit

> No dialogue, just fun slapstick
So like Tom and Jerry? Yeah something like that for this era would be nice but I doubt it would make a comeback at this point. sigh.

>No dialogue, just fun slapstick.
But CB has some good dialogue, even the shitty games.

youtube.com/watch?v=9JoAtfLb5Es

I'll always prefer the original era voices, but I can't fault the new ones for having heart.

>We will never get the Rayman game where they were genuinely threatening and Rayman fist fights them

I get that the Rayman Adventures was a direct reference to the Rayman Legends scrapped concept but it hurts to think about

Yes

Well, that cartoon exists where Billy "Fry" West voiced Rayman... But with a Boston accent for some reason, and when he said "car," he actually says "CAH!".

BUUUUUUUT, that Castlevania cartoon was pretty damn good. Maybe a mid-budget Netflix Animated Series just to be safe...

>Hasn't appeared since Rayman 1

Would like it if they used the scrapped Story bits from Origins.

>The Magician turning out to be the bad guy had more of a story behind it and a lot of dialogue can be found in the game's data.
>Apparently he was a terrible Magician who was bullied at Wizard School.

>He was actually a big fan of Mr. Dark from Rayman 1, thinking he was so cool because he was "Dark and mysterious" (Remains of this story point can be seen in his reveal as the bad guy on a background poster that says "I (Heart) Mr. Dark")

>He was the real mastermind behind the Land of the Livid Dead attacking the Glade of Dreams, having hidden microphones in flowers nearby Rayman & Co, to amplify their snores at the begining of the game and start the war. (You can still see the microphone flowers in the Game's intro.) Then use the war as a ploy to get Rayman & Co. to gather Lums for him.

>His plan with the Lums was make machines take control over the Glade of Dreams, so people would never depend on the Bubble Dreamer's dreams anymore; As he labeled him as someone who created more problems (with his nightmares) than good.

>There's a full unused Final Boss track that was not used.
youtube.com/watch?v=e9AtNxj-Dx8

Rayman Origins had a weird development. Starting as a planned Episodic Game that'd be a prequel to Rayman 1 (hence the Origins in the title), to a game set post-Rayman 3 with some plot and world building (as seen above) to a game with a simple plot with the Origins part of the title just referencing Rayman returning to 2D sidescrolling.

A cartoon about a molecule? A French molecule. Cool.

tfw no rayman action figures

Never mind the whole gameplay evolution. Didn't they originally plan it to be multiplayer only?

She just looks a little different now

I don't remember that bit, but maybe? I do remember originally it was just two player with Rayman & Globox (Back when the game was stated to be a origin story for Rayman and him meeting and befriending Globox for the first time.)

I like Billy West as Rayman desu. The voice seems fitting to me.

I heard they're apparently making another 3D Rayman game. If this is true, it would be nice to see Ly come back.

Olympia > Barbara = Nymphs

Ursula > Olympia > Barbara > Nymphs

Betilla > < Ursula

Where'd you hear this? Because I'm extremely sceptical, sadly.

I found this.
comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10/13/michel-ancel-new-rayman-game-ubisoft-beyond-good-and-evil-2/

The Rayman series is french
One of the directors on Despicable Me (the one who created minions) is french
those happy meal ads first showed up in france back in 2007

I'm pretty sure that the Rabbids/Minions type character is some sort of french archetype

It's because they love Jerry Lewis so much, they decide that they need armies of incoherent Jerry Lewises.

The mobile game actually has some cute new variants of Barbara.

Shame they got rid of the panty shots, though.

>Shame they got rid of the panty shots, though.
>panty shots

Don't get too excited. It was more of an inflation fetish thing.

Good pantyshots though, each costume had matching panties.

The Rayman cartoon that already exists, so I already don't want one, because it WILL be in that tryhard Origins/Legend style. Rayman 1 is my childhood, so I'd like to have that be the basis of a cartoon, but traditional/cel animation is a lost art.