You think anyone at Marvel wakes up in a cold sweat and thinks “Man...

You think anyone at Marvel wakes up in a cold sweat and thinks “Man, we twice canceled our ‘school for teenage superheroes who go on missions’ for cheap shock value and then some Japanese guy took that concept and made the one of the most popular manga in the world out of it boy what a dropped ball”?

Does anyone there have that self-awareness?

You mean the anime that's basically "Naruto but superheroes" in that it takes the setting and says it's something and then completely shonen-izes everything and what you're left with is a high school setting with kids with powers and there's a tournament?

Why do people keep thinking BNHA is anything like cape comics?

>cheap shock value

or it wasn't selling...

because All Might is the best Captain Marvel we've gotten since JLU

It's final 5 issues before cancellation was around 20-25k.

>ruined gravity
>killed off nomad
>ruined arana
>tease alpha as a status quo changing sidekick to spider-man and turn him into a cunt and discard him immediately
>dropped the initiative
>wiped out x-men academy
>allowed hopeless to put all the teen heroes through a grinder
>having bendis and waid write the two biggest teen lead marvel comics

Marvel just doesn't know what to do with teen heroes.

>for cheap shock value
The Hunger Games came out earlier that year, they probably though it was a great idea.

>twice

Are you just ignoring the 5 or so X-School books to focus on the Avengers?

Because as much as it hurts that both sets of Initiative kids got limboed, Marvel's long term indifference to X-Students kind of telegraphed it.

It's funny cause a lot of Marvel books would be better off at that level at this point

Go back Sup Forums HxH fag. O MY

>having bendis and waid write the two biggest teen lead marvel comics
You know that Bendis wrote USM, right?

>not Convergence
Educate yourself

And Waid wrote Impulse. But all that was a long, long, long time ago. Some writers just get shitty with age.

I stand by my statement

I might have been swayed if you said Thunderworld, but you didn't, so here we are

You weeaboos fans of MHA are really obnoxious.

It is just a shonen just like Naruto, Dragon Ball and all the others that came before, they are all the same, stop trying to pretend that it is anything more than that.

Naruto and Dragonball Z don't have All Might

>Does anyone there have that self-awareness?
They keep introducing new "next generation of mutants" characters, so of course not.

Honestly I can't even blame hopeless because Hopeless only wanted a small arc which wouldn't have meant much due to the short amount of time it would last. Instead it had to expand into a full on gorefest since it was turned into an event.

I can blame Hopeless. He killed our boy in the first fucking issue. Fuck him.

they havn't had one of those since bendis

since the previous writer, you say?

Naruto has Might Guy and DBZ has Great Saiyaman

neither are as prominent as All Might

has there ever been a full issue x-men high vs avengers academy basketball story with powers allowed?

Because Marvel events have an obligatory "shocking" death of a liked but not too liked character. The only other candidate for that who actually died was the Iron Giant kid with the sentinel. That smells of marvel mandated event death all the way.

There was a football match

>shonen-izes

Yes, it's a manga aimed at boys, your point?

Avengers Academy was pure unreadable shit when it was canceled

>Does anyone there have that self-awareness?

"Our comics are selling the lowest number in history. It must be because we're just too progressive compared to those high-selling series like MLP, Adventure Time, My Hero Academia and One Piece. Let's hire more webcomic artists, that will vindicate us."

>japanese shonen manga that uses the same character types, tropes, stories and powers as other japanese shonen manga
>think it's anything like superhero comics

To this day, I don't understand why Marvel hasn't been roasted for pushing a whole new assortment of teen heroes after brutally murdering and traumatizing the last bunch several years prior.

Like, why hasn't CBR or some other clickbait site blown this up?

Because each generation they make them gayer.

superhero comics are just American shonen

It still has a lot of similarities to AA, but you can't really be complaining that the Nips put their own spin on their products.

Fucking desperate aren't you?

Bendis captured lightening in a bottle with his run on Daredevil and USM, and has been constantly churning out shit since then.

What a wonderful and well thought out counterpoint. Yes there is a large amount of cultural differences to be adjusted for when two different places make a story based around a similar central idea.

Plus he was coasting on work put out by legends.

All he did was reboot and retell old Spider-Man stories with some snark. Without a foundation to prop himself up with, he's garbage.

You want your comic to be relevant again so you're comparing it to a Manga that is more popular and critically acclaimed by orders of magnitude than your trash ever was.

Other than the very, very, basic premise of a superhero school there are no similarities between the two properties. From execution, to proper school setting to, character focus and development of villains they couldn't be more different. There's a better argument for BnHA being a rip off of Sky High than Avengers Academy.

You're desperately grasping at straws.

I agree that a lot of his USM work felt derivative of other writer’s work, but he had some great arcs in there. I’d argue that his clone saga reimagining was so much better than anything in main continuity. He does ape a lot of his work though.

I still think that his DD work is l his strongest work. Some of the issues still give me chills picture related.