Batman #38 Storytime

"The Origin of Bruce Wayne"

With guest artist Travis Moore.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/97694036/#97698462
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CRAWLING IN MY ZSASZ

>The Origin of Bruce Wayne

Wait does that require an origin story? I think we all know where bruce wayne came from.

Must be a bitch to keep tally of with that scar grouping.

So deep. So symbolic. MO CUTTING!!!

Thanks for reading.

Support the official release at your Local Comic Shop.

Injustice: Justice League:

Well that was weirdest thing I've read in awhile.

WHY DID HE CARVE THAT NAME?

>ywn lie in bed with naked catwoman

This issue is good. Tom King can write good stories, too. Detective stories.

Just think how this looks to the world at large. Bruce Wayne takes in yet another child with a tragic past, similar to his own. This one ends up being committed for murdering his parents, and now has Thomas and Martha Wayne's names carved on his face.

Huh, that was...weird. I kinda liked it, though. Thanks, Norrin.

The colorist did some changes to this.

Left pic is elder god tier, right pic is meh tier

>I complain King doesn't write Batman stories that are about Batman
>King literally writes a story about Bruce Wayne that isn't about Bruce Wayne
This is a pottery too far.

Unrelated to the trunks. It’s a shame how flattened the colors and highlights are in the 2nd pic

Interesting story. Cool seeing Detective Batman again

This is 60's Batman-tier detective work.

Ow the edge

The artist seems to have forgotten the whole point about Zsasz' scars is that they're tally marks, easy to count. This just looks like a bunch of random scars.

>Dennis O'Neil Ave.
Cute

Tom kings batman continues to be better the more compressed it is. This and his swamp thing issues are great but his arcs like I am Gotham and bane are trash.

Oh fuck Detective work in my Batman?!

I'm pretty sure there were plot about child murdering his parents and Batman finding out it was him. Also we have Owlman, Prometheus etc already. What the fuck? What's the point of this story? It's literally brings nothing new.

I like it that's not Junkie Zsasz but Blonde Zsasz.

Pretty convenient that Zsasz managed to catch the secret message sent to him instead of just ignoring what looked like religious gibberish. And that he concluded that it must mean that somebody killed his parents.
Still seems pretty off for him to make a cut of somebody he didn't kill himself. There actually already was a story where somebody killed Zsasz' parents. His reaction was to be angry because those kills were "his", and he tried to kill the person that stole them from him.

Plot you thinking about is Broken City by Azarello, I think

shit book.

Zsasz is probably the most inconsistently drawn Batman villain ever, rivaling only Killer Croc. The number of tally marks on his body and their position varies wildly from artist to artist.

>Tom King
Nice
>Lein Wein
WHY

OW THE EDGE

Wheres my batman and the signal storytime!

This issue is almost a perfect example of all I hate about Tom King. The edge, the shit dialogue. All it's missing is Bendis tier panel recycling.

those bodies are too solid, too complete.

So why did Zsasz cut again?

>the butler did it

King loves cuttin'

From Martha's vagina.

fuck, his suit looks bad here. I miss armored look of New52

This was a pretty good, unoffensive issue by King. Probably because Catwoman didn't meow. Nice to see Bruce being a detective again.

>Lein Wein
>WHY
He created swamp thing

I have a bad feeling about that title.

And I love it

Old marta kent? Don't think she was ever pregnant, that clark boy was adopted. Bruce wayne is to young to be hers anyway.

Its not an artist issue. Its Tom.

His last mini was also unreadable trash

This need to be canon about Martha Kent leaving infant son on Waynes doorstep the week before Clark comes to Earth.

>Now we're getting closer

Were they? I don't think they were. But ok.

>I cut myself today

Because his parents were killed because of him, so technically he killed them.

this is average, read more batman

Son of a bitch....WHY

yes, like hush, best batman book

>this is average, read more batman

After all the rotten shit we've been getting from King, by comparison, this is a good issue.

He has to lower the bar so he can make average stories and make them feel good.

I liked this issue.

What happened to Gotham Girl?

Where is Duke?

It's been a while since the two of not them appear

stop being casual

ha ha, faggot

>I have a Batcave, I drive a Batmobile, I throw a Batarang
Jesus Christ, King.

This is just edgy trash.

zsasz story= edgy

Tom drew the issue?

Good line, it sounds off but I know that's the kind of panels that ends up reposted in OPT often

Real subtle.

So just some rich kid that for some reason romanticized being a rich orphan like Gotham's premier playboy entrepreneur Bruce Wayne? Kid needs better role models, guys like Matches Malone.

So in this issue King once again bashes us over the head with how mentally ill Bruce is and how unhealthy Batman is, like the rest of his run. Where is this going?

That's actually decently smart.

I thought Len Wein died last year

Why does King's Batman only shine in one-shot stories like the Swamp Thing crossover and this?

I'm just happy he kept the Kingspeak to a minimum.

superfriends was good desu

user called it last Christmas.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/97694036/#97698462

Yup. I kinda like it and the last page with the boy carving Thomas and Martha into his skin while quoting Bruce is haunting. But the plot's been done before, the dialogue at times is stupid like the "I drive a batmobile etc" or on the same haunting page I said earlier where the boy is saying "Master Bruce" instead of "Bruce Wayne" and that just sounds awkward. I also wish there was a bit more heart, the dinner page with Bruce having a House moment, he could've added a nicer moment between Bruce and Alfred.

The Swamp Thing issue was shallow.
It was awful.

>I'm autistic so everyone else must be too