RWBY/RT General #1362: Shady Business Edition

>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 11 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/accb33c90f98aaca8ef3d1f57c36dcbd-bdf157f6/ts/index.m3u8

Previous thread:

I hope Jaune heals Weiss, gives a heroic "you won't take anyone else" scream at Cinder, and she just turns and spears someone else on the opposite side of the room.

Honestly they should try and use RWBY Chibi to answer some of the smaller questions, even as just a side thing. Like the fact Roman didn't know his semblance. Getting confirmation for things in Q&As all the time is kinda lame.

She split the party further. Not that it would have helped much but still. The only thing that salvaged the entire episode for me was knowing that this stupid shit was a result of assigning animators to work on their 1v1 weeks or months in advance and to setup THE EAGLES ARE CUMMING asspull

>Salem hijacks the robosluts
>Let's go to atlas guys
It's Vacuo fampai

I hope Ruby wakes up, see Weiss, and just go mental. No talk about power of friendship bullshit, no silver eyes power, just her scythe and her fists to rip Emrald and Cinder a new one.

Yeah man, what's teamwork for a SUMMONER in a setting where 4-man teams are the rule.

>the Eagles

I'm curious to see how Yang handles this. This isn't the first time she's seen a friend get stabbed through the gut, and Weiss was the ONE character who didn't leave Yang of her own volition, never mind Weiss pulled Yang out of her one-woman pity party literally earlier that day in a pretty intimate talking head scene.

fucking this

This is my dream as well. At least take out Emerald. I'm afraid she'll not even get to fight anymore.

Leave the bug alone.

>Hey rubes, why don't you make a bigass TALKTALKTALK while charging up your tornado semblance to plaster them to the wall
Food fight was a mistake.

p.s. Fucking smother ONE JOB. It was overdue five mistakes ago.

He means nugget the bug so Cinder has to carry her around like a backpack for her semblance.

Well I mean it's more that Em is weaker than most of the villains and wants to protect Cinder, who Ruby would actually want to go after.

Hey, it’s that gay kid again.

Nebula?

She has other options besides the time consuming summon. Like ANY other moves would have worked better than what she tried. And Vernal was even told not to go all out. The whole thing was just stupid.

She's gotten better with using her glyphs on the fly. She should have slammed Vernal into the floor with a gravity glyph, froze her with ice dust then pelted her with fire dust before even attempting a summon.

If only the writers weren't so bad.
>Ruby charge at Emerald and Cinder again.
>Emerald tries to catch Ruby with her chainscythe again.
>Ruby use her semblance, bursting into rose petals to avoid getting caught, then rematerialise near Emerald.
>rapetime.jpg

I'm really hoping she'll do -something-. The preview didn't give me hope with her just standing there stunned, while literally everyone else (besides Ren and Qrow) went to help. I know it was only a minute long clip, but, eesh...It would nice to see both her and Ruby lose it.

This shit is fucking retarded. Weiss has been entirely self sufficient the entire show with her glyphs and dust, only just got summoning properly last volume and now people are yelling 'hurr she's a support mage and summoner she can't go solo', that's bullshit M&K are hacks.

She should have least have forced Vernal to use her Maiden powers, proving she is more than a name before losing.

Losing while the opponent is holding back is pretty much the definition of jobbing.

Ugh! Why didn’t the good guys just outsmart the bad guys in the obvious way? Miles and Kerry are HACKS!

I know right? While it would have helped, she spent eighteen years of her life without it goddamn guys what the fuck. She had no cover to think it was even an option, she had zero IC reason to believe the ice wall would do dickshit, and the third time was just blatant waaah break her aura so we can fuck her up already god fucking damn I hate how they've mangled the show irreparably so quickly. At least japan will stop making excuses.

Why does everyone call Emerald "the bug"? I don't get it.

>Abandoned
Ruby's fight started first. Ruby "abandoned" Weiss just as much as Weiss abandoned Ruby by not immediately supporting her in her fight.

Yang probably won't do anything right now. It's Jaune's scene, maybe with a side of Ruby.
Besides, with Hazel about to go apeshit, and with them completely at a disadvantage, it's time for the cavalry.
Also, seeing something like that again so soon is probably PTSD material, not punching something material.

>Green.
>Double curved blade

Shevpretty much a mantis

>Fire mage in a dungeon of purely fire immune monsters
>AH SHIT FIREBALL ISN'T WORKING
>NOPE STILL ISN'T WORKING
>AHHH MY KNEE'S BEING GNAWED OFF MAYBE ANOTHER FIREBALL WILL DO IT NOPE STILL IMMUNE
It's just not being retarded according to your IC. It's not a high bar and their failure rips the viewer out of it.

Also, it rhymes with smug and thug

Yeah, Weiss actually proving that's she's not just a name and having Vernal have to go serious sounds much better than what happened. Unless Weiss ends up getting healed and right back into the fight and does it.

Ahhh! The plot hole THICCens.

A flashback sequence for Yang would be cool. The last time she saw someone get impaled, she lost her arm. For Yang, this is Blake v Adam 2.0, which she still isn't over based on how her hand is still shaking from her trauma.

I just hope we get to see her go super saiyan at least once this volume. One of the CRWBY episodes seemed to imply that they were having trouble recreating some effects they used in Poser, like Yang's hair, so maybe we'll finally get to see it again.

She looks like a praying mantis.

Reminder that Weiss only "lost" because of a shitty sneak attack. If the fight had continued Weiss could have turned it around. She was able to get some hits onto Vernal, but she was too focused on summoning

I'm curious who the most liked RWBY is for the more dedicated watchers. I guess an easy answer might be Ruby, but I dunno for sure.

Mine is Yang.

Wot if she lost because she isn't more than a name?

Just saw a guy totally job to a jar of pickles. He could not open them lol.

For me it's Weiss, followed by Yang.

>Aura broke
Pfft haha yeah ri...
>Ghira fights 8+ adults for 20 minutes without an aura
Fug. I bet she would have just froze all the blood in CMEN's brains if she just had a moment

Cuddle slut's best girl. Hang in there...
;_;7

Ruby>Weiss>Yang>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blake.

Weiss future winter maiden confirmed?

Huh. Neat.

>Jaune's getting his semblance
>Jaune will only get more relevant from here on

Vol 1: Phyrra > Weiss > Nora > Yang > Blake > Ruby
Vol 2: Weiss >= Yang > Nora > Phyrra > Blake > Ruby
Vol 3 onwards: Yang > Weiss > Nora >> Ruby > Blake

Just got off the phone with Miles. Reese is doing hoverboard tricks on Haven’s roof, but next episode she falls through a window. She’s going to crash into Vernal, killing her and taking her maiden powers.

Yang and Weiss are about the same for me with both swapping back and forth between favorite depending on what's going on.

The fandom will be jobbing to this for a while.

As long as he doesn't get his own plot thread or steal time from RWBY, fine by me.
He should pay the price of his semblance by being out of commission in V6 while team RWBY get their groove back, then if they split up again into RW and BY, he should go with Ruby.

I dunno, he and Ruby are so alike that I want them apart. They're both good natured, sweet, and fairly innocent compared to the rest of the cast. If they had switched their speeches in episode 11 it would have still been believable. I really like the scenes where they cheer each other up though, they're good at those.

It was more because since Ruby isn't getting any development, he might as well be there to get it instead. Him using Ruby's timeslot would be the better alternative for me rather than having him steal other people's time.
He should basically get a bit more of what Yang got in V4. Bit of focus at the start, episode for himself in the middle, focus at the end when everyone's together.

>he and Ruby are so alike that I want them apart
This. They're both good characters who are able to carry their respective stories and teams' stories as leaders, but if they're together one of them is going to end up getting the short end of the story stick.

Yang. Yang all the way.

>RBY having their way with Weiss' body

Have we just accepted that Jaune is the lead and Ruby is a background character?

M&K have apparently.

Problem is that JNR isn't really going anywhere as far as having their own plot thread goes.
So they either get one to split RWBY and JNR up, or they are still around RWBY.
Maybe if they give JNR a Blake like section, only with a bit of reduced time

Honestly, I don't care about the Jaune and Ruby's place in the story as long as Weiss and Yang have decent screentime.

Why did Monty have a hard on for the worst Final Fantasy?

>Maybe if they give JNR a Blake like section, only with a bit of reduced time
That would be cool.

They switch off pretty regularly, but that's the problem - when Jaune's driving, Ruby doesn't do anything. When Ruby's driving, Jaune doesn't do anything. They haven't really found a middle ground with them to share a plot together.

I thought he liked FF8 not FF7.

He's a weeb, all weebs have bad taste.

why don't they eat pizza in RWBY?

How would you split RWBY and JNOR assuming they couldn't be set up like that.

Because Monty ripped off Final Fantasy.

God damn that really illustrates my fall into chipping

>tfw freezerburn 's already causing more bee's schnees and pollination as they try to resolve babby's first conflicting ship
God I hope we get more cuteness fuel from Weiss in the coming episodes. With the long hiatus ahead it could really be something

>Two more fucking Maidens and academies.
Come on.
Even a small "JNOR go back to Vale and Jaune's home town" thing could fucking work.

JNR stay behind in Mistral to help rebuild, maintain order and guard the relic.

RWBY+O go to Atlas. Splitting RWBY and Oscar up is stupid when Ironwood hasn't spoken to Ozpin.

Jaune is going somewhere. It's Ren and Nora who are not. They are dangerously closed to be killed off because they have no drive, no purpose. They must be characters on their own and not be support characters to Jaune.

RWBY has always had a character bloat, but it also has a main character bloat. And there is no real main character. Every "anime" must have one. Naruto had Naruto, Bleach had Ichigo, My Hero Academia has Midoriya. Terrible examples but you get the idea.

The show is 14 seasons long without deciding to expand more or take a detour at all in the coming 9 years. We're not even out of the tutorial yet. Let Disposable Man do his thing gosh

user FF8 is the worst final fantasy

Because JNR doesn't have an actual story for Jaune to drive in.
>CME(N)/Raven/Vernal/Adam/Hazel
All have more pressing issues with RWBY and Oz.
Whatever plot thread you pull, even payback for Pyrrha, inevitably ends with JNR tagging along RWBY.
NR are not going to hit WBY levels, so Jaune is kinda left alone in a weird place.

JNR gets a plot thread about Mistral, RWBY moves on to Atlas.

>The show is 14 seasons long
???

Only if you're a retard who thinks FF7 is good.

He liked both. Tifa was a big inspiration when he made Yang.

Why would RWBY and ORNJ split? They're already wildly outmached despite having a glynda, an Irondong, a colon full of super cannon murderspiderbots, and an entire kingdom of hunters you raised for eighty years

NY comic con panel

no reason for them to be split, true, and my question came out wrong anyway.

>Why would RWBY and ORNJ split?
Because that way you end up with non-season end sections with at least 8 characters.
Then add whoever they are interacting with + at least Qrow.
It's too much.

They actually said "we have 14 seasons planned"?

RWBY kept together. Ren and Nora killed, Jaune left behind in Mistral or captured. Ozcar flying solo to do shady shit behind the scenes. Qrow, Raven, and Tai together doing something.

Yeah, I’m legally retarded and thought FF7 was great. Have you got a problem with that?

It’s better than 8.

“RWBYO”? No way, that sounds like a terrible hip reboot of RWBY. Oscar must go with JNR.

Splitting the plot to multiple groups and locations is not good. We saw that in volume 4. It was terrible for the pacing and fucked up the timeline. The episodes are too short and the writing is too bad.

>Let Disposable Man do his thing gosh
Unfortunately, they're not going to kill Jaune.
While team RWBY goes solo against Salem at the end, Jaune is going to Aragorn it up against a wave of Grimm.

Because it was a 4-way split. A 2-way split wouldn't be as bad.
Its better than having the 8 in every scene and each one getting the occasional line.

Yeah.

Did somebody say Jaunagorn?

Haz Hazel done anything yet?

He's about to.

>9 more years of RWBY
I don't know how to feel about that.

He has punched a ticket machine and was sad when Sienna got Adam'd.

Very accurate and humorous. Well done, lad.

It's at LEAST nine more years of RWBY and they've said as long as the viewers support it they'll keep doing stuff in remnant even after RWBY's done

He also reacted to Jaune's speech a little bit. Looks like next episode he'll be going full GRIFFITH on Ozpin.

Man, I really hope season 3 of chibi doesn't add Leo. That bitch ass, I can't stand him, especially even more after last week. If they add someone from this season and 4, make it IIia, at least there you could have her fighting with Sun over trying to get Blake's attention. I still can't figure out why they didn't give Glynda a new VA then add her to chibi so she can get some experience, seems like a no brainer,yet it seemed like they just replaced her with Winter. Since when does Winter teach people?

That's hard to say.

With Yang standing there, it's obvious they're going to try and recreate the whole scenario where she lost her arm trying to save Blake from Adam

But at the same time, Jaune is with Weiss now so the only thing left is for Yang to either lose it or do something unexpected

Winter is Ironwood’s Glynda and/or Qrow. Glynda is a teacher, and Qrow used to be. Winter is a high-ranking military officer in a kingdom where the military and school are the same. And, she’s demonstrated through Weiss that she knows how to teach.

She’s probably a teacher.

Pretty sure we won't see volume 4 and 5 characters until season 4. I predict season 3 will introduce coco, Ironwood, Glynda (new VA), Salem. Maybe Adam.