/tfg/ - Transformers General: Arcee Prime edition

So how was Transformers vs Visionaries, /tfg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime's_Rib
twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/948652805547548672
youtu.be/hsCUxmQ6vtQ?t=3m3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You don't wanna know...

Right I just read the first four issues of the Windblade and I have to say what the fuck is this shit of Chromia literally getting away scot-free with the murder of innocents? Am I meant to like this character and hope for her to get together with Ironhide? because it's hard to look over the fact she intentionally killed civilians for her own selfish purposes born out of paranoia.

She does get away with it for a time. Keep reading, it has a decent payoff.

keep going.

>OP pic

So is that supposed to be IDW Arcee back when he was still a male Transformer, before Jhiaxus gave him a forced sex change? God, IDW Transformers comics are garbage...

This is Arcee Prime.

>Transformers vs Visionaries
It sucked, but that was IDW's fault, not Visaggio's.

Wut?

Did IDW actually make Arcee a tranny-former? Was it as a gag or were they trying to be progressive?

It was Furman being a woman-hating autist.

IDW canon originally had it that there were no female Transformers and Arcee was a male Transformer who was forcibly changed into the first female Cybertronian by Jhiaxus. Being genderbent against his will made him go crazy and Arcee was a mass-murdering lunatic.

IDW later dialed that origin back with some retcons, stating that female Transformers occurred naturally in other parts of the universe and Arcee was just a case of Jhiaxus fucking around for the hell of it. They then made it so that Arcee was always transgender and even when "he" was "male" he always felt like he was really a "she" and Jhiaxus just brought out his true nature as a female. So, you know, it was a good thing that Jhiaxus violated him surgically.

There... wasn't really a good way to fix any of that and the more they try to roll it back or retcon it, they only make it worse. I think IDW just avoids mentioning the whole transgender Arcee thing, now.

I kind of like they went with the motorcycle.

Too many sedans or sports cars among autobots in my opinion.

I've been forgiving so far, but man. After this maybe IDW really DOESNT have any idea what its doing.

I still can't believe she and Galvatron are brothers.

Could someone storytime TFvsV #1?

Forced crossovers are a terrible thing. Look at what it did to Marvel.

>I still can't believe she and Galvatron are brothers.

The fact that there's nothing inaccurate about that sentence is the reason why I can't read IDW Transformers comics anymore.

The idea of a shared Hasbro-verse isn't bad on principle; all the 80s Hasbro shows coexisted in the same universe, after all. But IDW is doing it the shitty way where you have to follow every book and the storytelling of the one title you WERE reading is suddenly derailed. The cartoons actually did it with more class, reserving the interactions between the shows to brief cameos, references or Easter eggs, and only doing one "big" crossover episode ("Only Human").

Wait, they had a crossover episode in the 80's? Who was in it? I obviously missed that.

Transformers season 3 episode "Only Human". Cobra Commander turns the Autobots into synthoid humans so a crime boss can kill them. That was the only big crossover episode and the writers were still coy about it, referring to Cobra Commander as "Old Snake" and setting the events in the future so it wouldn't disrupt GI Joe continuity.

"Only Human" was the only major story-driven crossover between the Hasbro shows. Well, I guess Ace from G.I. Joe joining the Earth Corps at the tailend of Inhumanoids counts, but they didn't come out and explicitly say that it was the same character, you just sort of had to pay attention and know your G.I. Joe file cards.

But Hector Ramirez was the central character of all the shows, appearing in at least 4 of them (5 if you count the DiC G.I. Joe show as a separate series from the Sunbow G.I. Joe show).

Arcee with a face-plate is strangely hot for some reason.

CC even got an action figure

>But IDW is doing it the shitty way where you have to follow every book and the storytelling of the one title you WERE reading is suddenly derailed.
It wasn't really like that with the post-Revolution series, but then First Strike happened and... I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

I thought they promised to keep the books separate for a while after First Strike? I hoped it was a sign they picked up on the displeasure for all readers involved in the process.

Rom & the Micronauts is a 5-issue mini-series.
TF vs Visionaries is a 5-issue mini-series.
Scarlett's Strike Force is cancelled at issue 3.
Till All Are One is cancelled.
Lost Light and Optimus Prime are wrapping up.
Unicron is coming.
RIP IDW.

Who is this for?

Who even remembers Visionaries besides toy reviewers on youtube?

It's for the one user who asked for it to be storytimed. I blame him.

>Kup's faces

Simon Furman was an autistic retard who hated the idea of female Cybertronians, so he made Arcee into a science experiment by Jhiaxus.

Then a bunch of female Transformers toys started getting made that needed to be added to the comics, so they had to invent a planet where all the lady Transformers are from. Then they said all the lady Tranaformers always existed and Nova Prime just purged them from his perfect society.

Now they kind of ignore it. It was a huge shitshow, all because one retard REEEEEEEEEd at the idea of women in Transformers.

Google wants me to say that a picture of a billboard with a picture of a motorcycle on it counts as a motorcycle. I'm mad.

>Simon Furman was an autistic retard
Heck, same!

Also there's a 8-2 difference in gay couples in IDW Transformers. They introduced females but most of them are dykes, and no they're not planets of only-females.

Shit I forgot to post the image.

>Breakdown is a prime example

Hey fuck you, Virulina.

Shit, I put the spoiler on the wrong image. Oh well, btw, fuck you David.

hnnnnnng

It's like a metaphor for how IDW is ruining Transformers even more by forcing Hasbro's other IP into their comic.

Hey, remember that other time Kup got fucked by a dumb crossover? Good times, good times.

This is basically nothing like Visionaries

Who cares, nobody knows what Visionaries is.

>lol we killed kup for good this time
>in some backwater book nobody fucking reads

Wait, really?

I'll admit it sort of works better when the cybertronians really don't have a gender since that's not how they reproduce. I'd be fine if they just sort of adopted them after interacting with other sentient species and it became a cultural thing. The conjunx shit should be less intimate and more of a best friend sort of deal though.

Kups probably going to be fine. They're making his death too much of a thing for it to stick.

Next time on Visionaries: IDK, maybe they'all die?

They've made a big deal out of the fact he's dead for real this time.

I can’t even pretend to be disappointed.

>Hasbro's other IP
I don't think I've ever seen toys of those guys
can Hasbro please stop meddling into the comics' plot? please?

So, how fast will this get retconned? Probably due to Kup's weird physiology as an excuse.

IDW did this. They thought it would be cool, and make money.

Just use magic to fix the magic, idk.

Poor Action Man...

Eh he's gone anyway

>Kup's weird physiology

Pretty sure they forgot that was a thing.

Barber never forgets.

>I'll admit it sort of works better when the cybertronians really don't have a gender

No it doesn't because gender has literally always been part of Transformers.

I mean, the books are TECHNICALLY self-contained, but OP is building on a ton of stuff from Revolutionaries and the aftermath of First Strike has everything fucked.

So this issue was pretty good other than these two pages.
Thanks, Mariotte!

>This is basically nothing like Visionaries

I'm just grateful IDW hasn't gotten their mitts on Inhumanoids. Yet.

Good to know Roberts isn't the only writer wasting characters with potential.

Barber leaving editing duties was a mistake.

All of that seems needlessly complicated and overwritten. If you've got robots walking around with masculine traits and using male pronouns then it doesn't suspend anybody's belief to also have robots with feminine traits who use female pronouns. No special origin required.

This is just Deepest Lore for the sake of Deepest Lore and it's shitty writing.

As already explained in the thread, Furman CANNOT INTO GENDER (he even fucks it up page to page in Spotlight Arcee!) and it required some patchwork to fix.

See also: tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime's_Rib

twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/948652805547548672

Kup's death was editorial mandate!

As said, Barber not being the editor was a mistake. Apparently he was holding back a lot of shit.

>Simon Furman was an autistic retard who hated the idea of female Cybertronians

His hatred of the idea extends all the way to the G1 comics era, where he wrote Arcee's origins as follows:

>a group of screeching feminists confronts Optimus Prime about lack of females among Autobots
>as gender/sex is a non-existant concept on Cybertron, Autobots were confused but nonetheless complied with the feminists' complaints
>they build Arcee but the feminists are still unhappy which confuses Autobots even more
>Arcee is portrayed as a moody confrontational bitch

What do feminists, and women in general, want from male writers?

>This is just Deepest Lore for the sake of Deepest Lore and it's shitty writing.
no its more like females dont make sense i gotta shove in the dumbest explanation possible to piss off anyone who likes dumb fembots

to not make women a mutilation of a man

What aspects of femininity are natural and what aspects are just, like, cultural stereotypes forced upon women by society? In other words, what is really feminine and what is just a mutilation?

Nobody cares, Jalaguy!

RIP

HAHAHA!
Based Furman.

Do you like having canon tranny-formers? Because while its funny on the surface it has majorly fucked the franchise over long term.

>Do you like having canon tranny-formers?
Yes!

Is Best Boy going to kill her? It's the only way I can somehow stomach this.

But seriously fuck whoever made this decision.

youtu.be/hsCUxmQ6vtQ?t=3m3s

A good way to make people hate Visionaries.

Of course fiction is going to mirror human society, one that has men and women in it, what's so farfetched about the existence of female robots? Even though I also love me some husbandos, what kind of faggot would be opposed to that?