Guardians of the Galaxy #150: Pre-FINITY

"Vol. A: The Messiah Mix"

A Guardians of the Galaxy Milestone, the end of another grand adventure, and the start of their most stupendous odyssey yet!

youtube.com/watch?v=MwkLyw7VKrE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZaAlv1E6M0
youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For those just joining us!!!

Hopefully the song lasts you the whole comic. It's a pretty lengthy track.

Though I guess you could just let it play on to the next tune.

This page feels exploitable to me.

WOLVERINES!!!

I AM NOVA!!!

Page of the Week

Feels good to have him back, and with Kuder on art

Hawkeye, eat your heart out!

Bottom panel of this page is Panel of the Week and deserves to be a Sup Forums Banner!

The summary really helps you realize that the Raptor subplot at least was fast-tracked for Infinity Countdown when Duggan definitely had a slower burn coming up that was being brought forward organically along with all the other stuff
Shame

BFF!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=xZaAlv1E6M0

Nice throughback to Simonson's Thor.

Is that Duke Nukem floating next to Hulk?

Oh, Rocket. Never change.

Cable

IT'S NOT OVER YET!!!

Eh, same thing

And look who finally decided to show up!

fukken nice

>8 minutes track
>44 minutes later the comic is still being posted
What did OP mean by this?

Fuck they just missed each other, how long will Duggan drag out their encounter and with GotG getting cancelled we might never see it for along ass time.

Gamora is THICC here

LOL

MEME OFF BRO!

I love marvel! I hope this is on the movies.

To makes everyone sexy.

You know what ELSE is thick?

THIS MOM!!!

Have another song then:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs

INFINITY COUNTDOWN!!!

Funny how they never used this trick to get through Captain Hydra's planetary shield.

>both of them holding blasters under the table
nice

Have some more!

Oh hey, it's Chitauri from Loeb's Nova. Finally, somebody remembered!
Admitedly it's the guy who wrote the sequel arc, but still!

B-but (Spencer's) Gay Quasar tho!

You know Gamora, you could have like, taken him alive to interrogate him and find out what he knows. THEN you can kill him if you feel like it.

I know, right?

Women! Am I right?

At least they acknowledge the fact that the stones changed color.

Dear lord. For the last 5 years, Marvel has really been in love with Kang, haven't they? Uncanny Avengers. Waidvengers. This. And all the rest. I wonder why that is.

WE

>drax is the only one with a body count this run
Honestly, I didn't like his new no kill rule at first, but it has grown on me.

Talonar fucking telegraphing that he's from Earth.

I guess Robbie thinks Rich is dead if he thinks the Earth Nova in question is Sam.

Boy he's going to be surprised.

I don't think Rich really cares about being a Guardian.

What about Phyla?

Pretty sure they tried something similar with Monica in Ewing's Ultimates.

I was expecting the High Evolutionary but I guess this is good to.

Kang was involved in the original Infinity War storyline.

Gee, I wonder which of the stones Kang could possibly have.

Thanks for the storytime, OP!

I'm holding out to the tiniest of hopes that Gamora's comment on "everyone else trapped in here" will pay off in the actual event. But man... Maaaan...

Fair enough.

It's the little things.

Too true.

Oh yeah. I didn't notice that at first. Nice catch.

Gamora just killed a dude this issue and Ant-Man probably a few dozen at least.

WUZ

But what about everything else from the last half decade?

>I quit!
A quick costume change later
>Sorry, what?

SUDDENLY: KANG

The thing is, all the Pym particle users who know how to use the stuff were natural or on cap's side.

>Nova corp has the power stone
I love movie synergy.

>I wonder why that is.
He's the Avengers' biggest villain after Ultron. Plus, time-travel is an exploitable plot device.
It's more than Kang was very under-used during the Bendis era because Bendis didn't care for him much for some reason.

According to Infinity Countdown solicits, the stone breakdowns are:
>Gamora: Power
>Loki: Mind
>Super-Skrull: Time
>Wolverine: Space
>Captain Marvel: Reality
>Magus: Soul
Reckon, Super-Skrull, Loki, and Warlock haven't actually gotten their respective stones yet so their current status is up in the air, but that's how the distribution will end up.

Well Duggan did say another old Guardian was coming back besides Adam so fingers crossed.

Although I am kind of afraid that after she comes back Stohl will decide to user her in Captain Marvel.

Wait, so Kang doesn't have the time stone? What's he doing then?

That's the dumbest thing to complain about.

He's the ultimate plot device. He shores up every illogical mess.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Although usually I just assume nobody cares about her unless stated otherwise.

Probably wants the Time Stone. Or he does have it, and Super-Skrull gets it from him somehow. Also, Adam is going to have to get the soul stone somehow, so maybe Kang will help him get it in return for something. We'll see.

>But what about everything else from the last half decade?
See this Kang is an avenger classic. Bendis just had to be Bendis to fuck it all up and an entire generation of comic faggots like you think Kang appearing a lot is out of the norm.

He's the Avengers' main villain, but was criminally underused during Bendis' run, so they're trying to catch up for lost time.

>he got stuck with the time gem and has no clue what to do with it

It's like offering a cow a glass of milk.

Fuck me for wanting the comic universe to be different than the MCU instead of copying some of its plot points.
I used to like the variety and diversity each universe setting had but ever since shitty synergy everything feels the same. Fuck you.

>Your evil future self the Magus is a real pain in the ass, if I give you the Soul Stone, could you not become him? k thanks bye.

lol calm down

Captain Marvel has reality instead of the Collector. Wolverine has space instead of Loki. Loki has mind instead of Vision. Super-Skrull has time instead of Dr. Strange. Adam (will get) Soul instead of... well, I guess we don't know who has Soul in the MCU but it's probably not Adam.

Just because the Nova Corps has power in both isn't really much of a reason to throw a fit. Like, complaining about them being called stones instead of gems and the colors getting changed is a complaint I can understand. But the gemstone distribution for Infinity Countdown is extremely different for 5/6ths of them compared to Infinity War, so that seems like a silly thing to hang your hat on.

Nova corps having the power stone is nothing new. Hell Superhero Squad did it before the GotG came out, boo freaking hoo! What a baby.

Out of all of the synergy shit you can complain about this is still the stupidest and I still stand by my point.

Was it really necessary to kill Tentacle-kun, Gamora?

>SynergyFags actually defending this shit
I want reddit to leave.

>anything that has even a vague similarity to the movies is inherently bad
I want Sup Forums to leave.

Why is there a picture of kismet there instead of goddess?

Not a fan of this look.

This is just the worst writing lmao

I fucking love this page.

>Page of the week
Not even by a country mile.

Then leave and go back there.

It's not even the page of the issue. Ant Man fucking up ship was better.

>this much autism
Yes I want reddit to leave to, so go.

You can tell this was a rush job. So many plot threads left hanging. Fuck Marvel for cancelling this book.

You're fucking retarded.

We Knuckles the Echidna now?

Would that be so bad? She's clearly working alongside Duggan in this event, even if he's still writing most of it.

>ant-man's on the team now

ok interesting, I read the first issue of Duggan's run and wasn't thrilled, is it pretty good?

It's pretty good if you're not triggered by Quill liking music and Rocket being a dick.

Eh, Rocket's always been snarky since Abnett and Lanning I can deal. I'll have to catch up.

I remember when they used that trick on Darkseid in Morrison's JLA.

Because they need a big movie villain to use after Thanos.

Idk who that is but that is not Adam Warlock.

But Kang was part of Fox license.

what an ugly ass costume