X-Men: Grand Design

X-Men: Grand Design storytime, wherein we continue on recapping the X-Men's early days, before they became All-New, All-Different.

Holy shit I had to resize every page cause they wouldn't fit under the max file size. Hiro get your shit together and bump it up already.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Brian_Dunlap_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is part 2 overall. Marvel split the six-issue mini into three two-issue mini-minis because of Piskor's schedule. Part 3 (the first issue of the second mini-mini) will be solicited for April or May.

I really hope people here see what a cool callback to old X-men this series is. Mutant Master is such an old silver age villain and the stranger did appear in X-men first, except he also kidnapped toad and magneto. Not just Erik.

haha what. why is current marvel so bent on making OG Fury a dick. He was never a mutie hater.

the stroytime caught me by surprise, it's weird that you almost ended it

I hope that TPB will be ripped as well. I want that extra material real hard

How's the TPB gonna work? Just collecting the two issues of each mini, then one Ultimate Collection/Oversized Hardcover in two years time, or wait until all six issues are done?

Two issues +50 page of extras. At the end, they might release an omnibus, though

>now the green wire, Scott
THEY ARE ALL RED, PROFESSOR!

Man some of these changes aren't something I'd agree with. Like sentinels being tricked into flying to the sun was some iconic shit. Reprogramming them? bah

I agree. It's a visual masterpiece, but sadly, Piskor seems to go too far with the changes

checked. also nice Superman homage

Some of the changes are better than original. In a way, I would for mutant master to have a grand return

Eh. He forgot about Ogre
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Brian_Dunlap_(Earth-616)

I'm pretty sure the Avengers didn't exist yet when the O5 fought Magneto.

I wanted to see more Sauron and Savage Land but it was ok I guess

They didn't. One of the liberties that piskor had

Write a letter demanding a savage land book, or sheena. I doubt they will listen, though

Fuck that, I'm gonna wait until they collect all 6 then

It will take few years

Wait, how big a break in Piskor's schedule are we talking about here?

Next set of issues starts late this year.

some user mentioned april / may (without the source), while originaly it was solicited for dec / jan for each year

>not owning every version of the comic like a good goy

bump

Huh that's a different twist on Namor's return.

Well the Namor revival is different here too, among a lot of other things. I hope they keep this contained to its own Earth cause it's really interesting.

It's not meant to be in continuity (though a ton of things that are actually in official continuity are terrible), just an overall summary with one version of events, so I am fine with the author making changes.

You win some, you lose some. Can't say I like every change, but some of them are neat.

And it was Human Torch that threw Namor into the water.
And Xavier didn't have that hoverchair until the 90's.

It's pretty much modifying and changing a lot of stuff. It's fine since it's its own self-contained thing.

Unus is carrying a statue from the Tintin comics?

Because they can't have Samuel Jackson being the new Nick Fury in comics without fans of the old Nick complaining. So they gotta destroy the character to make the old fans go away.

Also they aren't doing the X-Men Hidden Years stuff that Byrne did in the 90s (nor should they, you can probably stuff the 22 issues into 3 pages, it was so slowly paced)

they just announced Old Fury as the leader of the new Exiles comic.

Where is the issue 1 storytime

>Man some of these changes aren't something I'd agree with.

Yeah, it would've been better to stick with everything exactly as it happened, for better or worse.

On the subject of bad changes, can't imagine many people being happy about that last panel.

Oh no Jean went to college and had sex with someone other than Cyclops

Quelle surprise

>Changeling looks like Morph
Is this book canon?

i'm mad he got rid of Lucifer crippling Xavier

Wolverine in the purple panel.

No. He's taken artistic license and made a lot of changes to streamline everything see

proof that even androids can appreciate a phat ass

Why did he have Scott mention Galactus as already known last issue when his first appearance is shown here anyway?

No idea, it wasn't in the footnotes and nobody has asked him on Twitter

"That cloud looks like Galactus" is a joke about the movie Galactus. I guess it's not canon

Either fourth wall joke or they knew about the name Galactus

>recreating Uncanny 1 cover
>Angel doesn't have his bazooka

tsk

hey, its that newspaper again

>Xavier getting the chop

BOOK OF THE MILLENNIUM

Funny that he forgot Denny O'Neil but has Neal Adams

In a galaxy, far far away

>Magneto using the plan from the first X-Men movie

Fun.

Jean, those romance novels have rotted your brain.

>let’s kidnap this guy so he can keep our beer cold on Party Island

Namor randomly smashing someone's car just fits on every level.