The Walking Dead 175

youtube.com/watch?v=WQo0dBht7HI

It's out today. Between this and Negan's Solitude, that makes two excellent issues in a row. Cool place for a new arc, and more than that, they do something really cool with an old character I never expected them to.

Other urls found in this thread:

omgbeaupeep.com/comics/The_Walking_Dead/175/23/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> is this Bitch serious?

>this
>an excellent issue
I yawned so hard, my jaw broke.

Why post a video when you can just link a comic site
omgbeaupeep.com/comics/The_Walking_Dead/175/23/
I already read it and didn't feel like linking it back to the first page but I'm sure you all can figure it out

Bump I liked the guy

>biggest world ever, shows more than we've ever seen before
>brings back a major plotline from the first few issues that everyone forgot, that will redefine who that legacy character is
>boring

half-asian moderate negan was awesome

I liked that just was just a half asset that complained about his feet and slept most of the time

Bump dammit

nothing relevant was actually shown, just information on what's to come.

INB4
Elodie is dead and Michonne have to put her down or something else tragic happen to her.
Or,
>Rick have Michonne in the television series
>Carl will get Elodie in the comics after something happen to Lydia
Pottery Kirkman. Pottery.

>Elodie will be Stephanie and she went under a psuedonym to disconnect from her past

What major plotline if I may?

Michonne's daughters have been more or less forgotten for at least 150 issues. One of those "presumed dead" situations, but it seems like one of them is alive.

It's the start of a new arc and 23 pages. At least there's way more potential here than there was with the Whisperer war, which felt like a 20 issue story condensed into 6.

I thought it was really good.

It's been years since I've started reading twd so I may not recall properly, but were they ever mentioned/showed in the comic?

I just looked into it. I'm actually wrong. Daughters were first mentioned around 130-140 range, and the video game touched on it. There was an issue on her background 5 years ago, so I thought that might have been it, but it's only been 2-3 years that we've known she has daughters.

Not that crazy, but still a cool premise considering the apocalypse has been going on for 5-7 years or so and she hasn't seen her daughter for a while. I could do with another optimistic TWD arc.

I almost dropped it when bestgirl died and the introduction of Princess Dumbcunt but this arc has promise so I'll see how it goes

OH MY GAWD ONLY ONE WHITE PERSON HERE I LOVE DIVERSITY

^That's princess in a nutshell

>The Muslim wearing a hijab on the memory wall

I only read it for Negan. I liked 174 and it felt like they actually tried or maybe they just got a new inker.

Pretty much this

We've seen the "stuckup representative of a new community acting like a dick about their screening process" a bunch of times over now.

boring shit

>Group meets new community that's bigger and more organized than they thought possible, literally better than the group in every way
>Said community holds the group hostage while going on 4-page long rants about how it's necessary and they don't want to hurt anyone because they're nice and friendly and good and holy and not evil but pragmatic
>Leader is polite on the surface but just shady enough that he may turn out to be a psychopath

Gee what a shocking development I bet if this had already happened four or five times I could guess where it's going

he's not the leader

he's in charge of handling new members, close enough

the actual leader will either be the exact same or an impossibly antagonistic maniac

Yeah, he's just a ripoff of that guy from fallout4 with this exact plot

Something's finally happening. I hope the Commonwealth turn out to be stern but fair people and Rick's group slowly loses its shit and becomes the next incarnation of the Saviors pre-war.

I have a feeling Michonne is going to be the next big death in #200. Either her or the communities rally together and Julius Caesar Rick in a shocking betrayal. Something tells me this reunion is going to go down well between mother and daughter.

I think Rick and everyone are going to assimilate into The Commonwealth, they'll probably be giving VIP status or something or something like celebrity lifestyles since a lot of people would probably be interested in what type of stuff they did to survive while things slowly go back to semi-normal. I do have a feeling Rick is going to fuck things up for everyone though if he's forced to stay down while others take control, if law and order is returning to America then I see this as good symbolism for Rick's death coming soon.

Also Lance is great so far. Kind of hoping we get Bruce Campbell for him in the TV show if it ever gets this far. If the white soldiers are supposed to be a nod to Storm Troopers and Mercer is a nod to the Praetorian Guards then I wonder what The Commonwealth's Darth Vader is like?

I hope juanita/princess gets shot soon, she gets on my nerves....fuckin' annoying character

just read it. good issue Michonne's daughter should FRICK Carl

"NEW WORLD ORDER Part 2 of 6".

An audience with a different kind of Governor. What does she have in store for the survivors? The world is about to get a whole lot bigger.

"NEW WORLD ORDER Part 3 of 6".

Meet Officer Mercer.

I wonder if it was intentional Kirkman is calling the new leader of The Commonwelath another Governor? I'm hoping this is the arc where Rick finally snaps and becomes the Brian/Philip Blake character we've all been wanting. The symbolism of the suits being white in contrast to the prison riot gear being black leads me to believe so also #175's cover looking very similar to #25's.

Bump

I'm hoping this is a good one and more of an insight into the common every day life of a Commonwealth citizen with Mercer going round doing police officer duties. Thoughts on Commonwealth so far? I like them.

What's so compelling to me is the number of people. Once upon a time, I think Kirk said that there is only 1/5000 people left on Earth. That's 1/28 of humanity as we know it. I think what that really means is Kirkman lies or changes his mind from what he says in Letterhacks (he called Negan a car salesman and either he or Adlard said the time skip was 2 years initially).

Still, TWD never goes beyond like 300 people in a society, so I hope Kirkman does a good job of portraying so many humans. But I have decent hopes for the arc. A good start.

Holy fuck, the "princess" is so goddamn annoying. Worst part of it is in the letter hacks when Kirkman condones this with some snarky passive aggressive bullshit like always.