Captain America

Storytime, in which we learn why you shouldn't pick up random birds at a bar

Other urls found in this thread:

www10.zippyshare.com/v/M9DGaDUH/file.html
www118.zippyshare.com/v/nEFQ6iCb/file.html
www36.zippyshare.com/v/sAejqUSH/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this Samnee or someone pretending to be Samnee? Quality just isn't there.

RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP IKARI

Why the fuck would they just kill him off like that

They had to redo everything because these last five issues till 700 was supposed to be Sam as Cap. Steve coming back as Cap was a last minute decision. That’s why everytthing looks rushed.

Reaction image?

Considering Waid is the one that created him - maybe he thinks character run his course? Also, didn't he die in the end of Waid's DD run.

Characters can come back all the time, but being a head on Kravens wall seems very final.

Let me guess, Zemo wants his boyfriend back?

That leopard seems way too big. More like a tiger.

The Hand stole his body at the end of Waid's run. With a character like that, he can be brought back when a writer wants him.

You know... For an arc supposedly about reconnecting and rediscovering the American Dream, Steve hasn't been doing a whole lot of that...

This all just feels very safe, having him combat having him battle very ideologically safe villains

What is this pose? Was he going to fight rocks?

The book is very bland.

That doesn’t seem true.

He was going for his shield. Instinct.

Looks like rough layouts blown to full size. Which is weird because I remember him doing two series at the same time back in the beginning of the decade.

Waid probably doesn't want any other writer to get their mits on him.

>Marvel seriously believes this and a "Squint And You'll Miss It" button on the cover will boost sales and interest in their next MCU-coattail riding event

It is pretty fun for me, I like the art, the story, I love captain America being single Hero and not got bunch of sidekicks.

Cap frozen in ice
What a twist
Bravo waid
Truly you are the Mark Twain of our generation.

A post-credit scene? Really?

Honestly, this book is exactly what I want out of Captain America right now.

The reaction to Wolverine returning has been so tepid, too, which isn't surprising considering that he never really went away.

Don't know Kraven's usual MO, but something about death traps instead of snares so he can catch up and do the kill himself seems unsporting to me, but I guess having two game of two different survivability would lead to that.

I mean it's like, if he wanted something else to do his kill off he could have just had Ms.bait saw Steve's head off and hand it over after he passed out.

Marvel is completely rudderless and is trying everything in their power to match the MCU

Well when you have OLD MAN FUCKING LOGAN in a comic on the same fucking day (ironically in a miniseries about bringing another X-Men star back from the dead who never truly went away)

Ah, it was keikaku all along. Nevermind, .

And since the X-titles usually treat Old Man Logan as regular Logan we don't even get the hype factor of 616 Wolverine returning.

Which makes the blatant attempt to goose sales with those stickers on the cover and back ups both sad and funny. They really don't get that they have brought down the value of their characters.

I was enjoying the concept of Steve Rogers traveling around the country, running into bad guys in different American locales, and swinging into action as Cap in one-and-done stories. Sadly, that only lasted a few issues.

Oh well.

That's bullshit, Kraven, what about Spidey with his spider-sense?

>Captain Virgin easily defeated by pussy

While it wasn't mind-blowing, and I agree with the user who called it safe, it felt good. It was a fun Kraven story, the twist was pretty clever and played well with both of their character's. It wrapped up fairly clean as far as cape comics go, it led into another story without dragging out like most events and arcs.

Overall it was a fun read, thanks for the storytime OP

>They really don't get that they have brought down the value of their characters
And they won't for a long long time. It's like Spiderman and his marriage. Marvel execs all the way at the top believe its about youth and responsibility, when it was just plain responsibility.

But they said that Marvel would improve with a rebirth.

I hate how they turned Kraven as some generic villain of the day type. Like remember Grim Hunt a Decade ago? No one wanted him to be revived but after that story they teased some mystical curse and future fights with Spider-man that would become more personal.
Slott ignores that and only Yost follows up on it in a shittier story in his Scarlet Spider run.
Like what was the point of ressurecting this cunt. Use his 6 other children littered around.

To me it's in the same vein as Superman Rebirth.
Back to basics, run of the mill, superheroing. 'Cept of course Supes has a kid now.

>Yost follows up on it in a shittier story in his Scarlet Spider run.
Fuck off, there wasn't a single bad issues in that run.

It's a post-letters scene. Credits are at the beginning of most comics.

>a comic on the same fucking day
>a
You mean THREE comics. X-men Gold, Astonishing X-men and Phoenix Resurection all came out today.

Kraven's Last Hunt and Gauntlet/Grim Hunt are the peak of Spider-Man comics. Everything else is absolute and utter garbage made for retards.

There's some bittersweet irony in the fact that Marvel wants to appear youthful, but keep relying on the old guard of characters/writers while continually undercutting their younger legacy characters/writers

I'd have been more suprised if he wasn't a plant.

>swinging between trees is fiction
>swinging between buildings is not
cape logic

I love Kaine but I am not going to suck its cock. There were a couple of shit issues. Kraven for one, the dumb venom crossover into the microverse being second and the team up with X-force being the third.

Go easy on Sergei. He's been shopping around for a new hero and he's trying to make a good impression.

And from now on Steve will be suspicious of any woman who wears an animal print.

Waid! You asshole why would you kill Ikari off panel like that, he was a really neat villian :(

Steve coming back as Cap being a last minute decision might be true, based on how Secret Empire's final issue turned out (Steve wasn't shown in the final shot with all the heroes, ending focuses on a Sam-as-Cap figure).

>citation needed

>Marvel execs all the way at the top believe its about youth and responsibility

No, I think they just believed it was mainly youth. Case in point: Brevoort's Spider-Manifesto for Brand New Day.

But you're right, the main thing should be responsibility since technically Spider-Man "grew up" right after the ending of Amazing Fantasy #15. I see what kind of argument Brevoort was making but it's a really bad one when actually considering the strongest points of the book and what Marvel's appeal to readers was.

Sup Forums just loves complaining, huh?

It's probably the inker or maybe Samnee rushed thosr pages.

Seriously, deja vu?

Who changed his clothes for him?

Since when does Kraven use mines?

Did cap kill him, what a hypocrite.

So, Logan is a massive dick for everybody except cap?
Also fuck post credits in comics it’s a new level of shit

Oh shit, again? Will it bring his another “son” to the main universe?
At least, I hope they gonna change this outdated boots and gloves

Captain America 695 (2018) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer).cbr
www10.zippyshare.com/v/M9DGaDUH/file.html

Captain America 696 (2018) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer).cbr
www118.zippyshare.com/v/nEFQ6iCb/file.html

Captain America 697 (2018) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer).cbr
www36.zippyshare.com/v/sAejqUSH/file.html

I dig it, but I miss the verbosity of Silver Age comics. The dialogue is minimal, which I can get with the creative team on doing that to let the art do it's thing, but with so little talking and narration it just goes by really fast.

I love this comic. I'm actually kinda sad we're getting a story arc, I enjoyed Cap going around being a badass and helping the small people

Doing his future self a favor.

Kitty...;_;

JAGUARS GET THE FUCKING BACKDROP, AMERICAN STYLE!

He doesn't, keep reading.

we literally saw Kraven swinging from a vine 2 pages before this so i'm taking it for a joke

Exactly. This book is not as advertised and the keyword is "safe".
It's fucking boring as hell... but then again, almost ALL Mark Waid comics have been boring. He has this undue reputation as usually great; he's not.

>bland
Chris Samnee = bland
This would be a decent Archie comic, especially now that Archie comics are mostly read by hipsters in their late 30s who think the tiniest little faux pas circa 1995 would be "edgy".

This is boring bland nostalgic tripe that tricks people into thinking it's high quality just because of the neo-retro style or whatever.

There are literally hundreds of better Cap comics that do those things.
Why would anyone support this one financially?
It's best if it just dies.

Marvel is a terrible company full of terrible people, and among the very worst is Mark Waid, who has behaved like a screeching manbaby online for nearly a decade now. He hates the fans; he hates the readers; and if he even knew you were on Sup Forums, it'd probably be enough for his prejudiced ass to want you locked up in jail for helping Russia or whatever retarded thing his boomer brain believes in.

But all that can be washed away and forgiven because as a peace offering he gives us:
a by-the-numbers mediocre Cap comic that plays it safe and says nothing.

This comic owns

>This book is not as advertised and the keyword is "safe".

what? it was obvious from the start this was gonna be super safe, generic Cap action stories. they don't want anything wild after secret empire

>god fucking dammit, not again!

Jesus, were you gangraped by Marvel employees and peeved when they didn't bother to call you after they came in your gaping ass?

It is very clearly true. Look at how Secret Empire 10 ends: Sam is posing with the rest of the diversity heroes, holding the shield, even though it should be Steve holding the shield. Sam did nothing except fake out Evil! Steve by going "Please don't hurt this po' boy no mo', massa."

This carries over to that Legacy event: Sam is still Captain America, but he 'somehow' finds a prototype shield amongst random crates that looks identical to Steve's shield. And that's bullshit, because how the fuck do you 'accidentally' find something like that?

More, he's still Captain America in Legacy when he's already got his new Falcon solo series (which sucks, by the way). This smacks of last-minute rewrites.

And that's good, because after the clusterfuck that was Secret Empire, getting 'political' with Captain America would be fucking dumb. This is our victory: We've fucking beaten Mark Waid into submission. Oh, you can just tell that he's seething for the chance to put more SJW shit into the book, but he doesn't dare. It's even been toned down since the first issue of his run, where he fights the alt-right and saves a stronk black girl protecting a weak white boi.

Dance for us, Mark! Dance for us like the fucking puppet you are!

Or it's just an easter egg.

could just be a joke

> Kraven killed Ikari

I'd pay for a oneshot to read this fight

We'be beaten Mark Waid into submission.
How? This is how Waid has always written Cap and he did put some political stuff in previous issue but they're minor and with Cap he's always preffered to do more adventure driven stories.