How do they keep getting away with this?

How do they keep getting away with this?

One of Cartoon Network's most popular shows and the animation quality and consistency is pathetic.

Who's to blame?

the show's primary audience consists of people who don't care about consistency

no ambition and the plebs don't care

The viewers don't care, the creators don't care, the network doesn't care.

>muh consistency

How often are you autists gonna make these threads? SU haters at this point have become more obnoxious because you just HAVE to let everyone know how this show is not up to your standards.

We literally have like four QUALITY threads up right now. What was this one supposed to add, you know?

>haters
I don't hate it overall, but I hate a lot of it.

I like SU and it still irritates me.
Then again there is so SU that makes my blood boil yet I still like it somewhat(I want to like it?). However on it's gravestone will be written "It could have been great"

They ship it off to Korean sweatshops then when the children dont preform to standard their food gets cut. Which leads to starvation that then causes them to preform worse. Its a vicious cycle.

>However on it's gravestone will be written "It could have been great"
Man, yes.

>they dumb down the pilot designs to make it cheap and easy to animate
>they still can't fucking get it right

Storyboarders are to blame, though.

This show's storyboarders are nothing but a bunch of California-variety hipsters, most of who are probably high all the time, hence the inconsistency of art style.

They also have bad artists and the supervisors either don't care or think it's acceptable because "they're expressing themselves!", as if it was kindergarten.
You can't blame everything on the Koreans when there's a correlation between art quality and storyboard team, not to mention most animation is outsourced these days anyway.

Rebecca Sugar
she has final say on everything

>This show's storyboarders are nothing but a bunch of California-variety hipsters

Never forget.

Models and consistency are anti-animation.

reminder that he was totally fine with his drawing being overwritten and said when asked about it that new drawings over old ones was the entire point of the wall

at least we're consistent with our bitching which is more than we can say for the quality of su's animation

So how has the fanbase turned on SU now?

Yeah, I'm sure he's fine with it, but it's the fact that it was doodled over by some shitty generic jelly-bean character is what stings.

Rebecca Sugar herself

>no more dynamic on model pose that conveys the emotion of the character better
>yes just fucking trace over the storyboard
i hate

because it's a show for kids and creators nowadays couldn't give less of a shit if there show is badly animated or have bad plots that go nowhere

Sugar for not doing her job and checking those goddamn storyboards for being on-model.

Which is funny because the storyboarders are so fucking off some of the time.

>How do they keep getting away with this?
That particular boarder actually didn't.
She was called out really early on for her particularly bad art and left the show after season 1.

No, you faggots, he's a Jap. You can come up to him and piss in his pocket and he'll say it's fine. You two must be the kind of idiots who believe when a Jap show runner says that it's the dub from YOUR country that he likes even more than the original.

If you're talking about Zuke, you're wrong in a number of ways, such as:
1) Her boarding was among the best visually, the only thing she wasn't on-model with was the hair.
2) She was fired long after she boarded a whole lot of OOC episodes that went into production.

It's amazing Sugar even addressed it at all with how shit she is at managing her team. Zuke must have been in the process of submitting a board for an episode where Lapis and Peridot have hardcore lesbian sex on-screen.

) She was fired long after she boarded a whole lot of OOC episodes that went into production.
OOC?

I wasn't talking about Zuke, that episode in OP's post came out before Zuke was even on the team.
That boarder is Hellen Jo, who was decried as the worst border by far back in the day.

isnt that a pic from season 1, pearl was hiloriously off model 90% of the time there

I still don't understand why they put this scene in. It's so fucking weird.

>those man shoulders

It's like a grotesque parody of fanservice

wow she looks like such a snobby bitch