Pretty much the only pilot in years where fuckall happens and has a promise of actually being story driven rather than...

>Pretty much the only pilot in years where fuckall happens and has a promise of actually being story driven rather than more SoL shit
>Sup Forums hates it
But why?

no waifus no watchu

What about the MC

MCs usually aren’t waifu fuel.

A waifu is a character you have decided to "marry." That's all it is. A character can't intrinsically be one.

>>Pretty much the only pilot in years where fuckall happens and has a promise of actually being story driven rather than more SoL shit
It would most likely be another AT-style collection of wacky adventures with vague lore in the background and a "serious" episode once in a blue moon. It's really nothing game-changing.

This, now that doesnt mean a character cant be waifubait, though.

You know what he means. The MC is alright, but she isn't cute or hot in a waifu way.

I guess Sup Forums isn't interested in it b/c there's already a mystery cartoon: Gravity Falls.

There is no such thing as waifubait.

There is no "waifu way" for a character to be attractive.

Sup Forums doesnt watch cartoons anymore.

oh but there is such a thing, user.

waifubait is a character intended to be waifu'd. Such characters are often found in harems and SoL animes, but are not exclusive to anime.Generally presented in such a way that's so charming/cute/lewd/ whatever floats your boat that it makes you want to waifu them.

Everyone has their own preferences for characters and it's not possible to force or trick people into "waifuing" someone. Attractive characters are a totally normal thing in anime and there is no sinister conspiracy lurking behind them, while the whole "waifu" fad in the West is confined to a few people on the internet.

Westerners don't understand what sincerity is so they think there's always a conspiracy behind everything.

fpbp

>Satellite of Love

Man why you hating on them?

IN THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT FUTURE

Can we talk about how she looks JUST like Daria

I really hope even genuine waifufags don't actually live with this kind of mentality but I'm deluding myself.

consider that is how the manga and anime markets in Japan stay above water and you get a clear picture how damaging and numerous these kinds of fags are.

I know I spend near everyday on this site consuming all the same media with these people but when I actually decide to think about it thoroughly it's just so fucking jarring that they are the way they are. It's almost a mental illness.

I mean, havent you ever seen a show that doesnt seem to have any real substance except cute girls? The kind that seems to attract waifufags like no other? yeah, waifubait. I'd consider them waifubait.

Manga is a very big, very diverse, very mainstream industry, and anime is not far behind. Characters are very popular in anime and important to the industry but you are trying to demonize the issue and make it seem like it's something pathological when it's not. There's nothing "damaging" about it.

>I mean, havent you ever seen a show that doesnt seem to have any real substance except cute girls? The kind that seems to attract waifufags like no other?
No.

>yeah, waifubait.
Doesn't exist.

It's really just the color scheme and the glasses.

I like how MC is kind of a bitch.

Although on long run, combined with plot armour and status quo it might become grating.

Hopefully ASjr is actually a thing

>actually being story driven rather than more SoL shit

You know for a fact that they'll turn it into SoL filler somehow.

nice.

>Daria
>in some weird scifi mystery cartoon
sign me the fuck up