What does Sup Forums think of the America comics?

I hear they're getting a lot of plaudits

Just remember this is an award winning comic and new super-man isn't.

Is she holding the entire series?

The best thing I can say about this garbage is at least she is drawn as a fit attractive woman instead of a tumblr hambeast like her creator.

New Super-Man would be award winning if DC would advertise it, but I guess it doesn’t have enough Batman for them to realize its good

Yeah, but at least New Super-Man's still running.

We do you wanna make us sad?

YOU’RE TEARING ME APART LISA

It's like The Room.

Not to be confused with Room.

Don't compare The Room to this trash.

Still mad about this. Fuck you, Rivera. Lisa was a QT.

My favourite part of that was that Rivera didn't realise that made America seem like a bad person.

Well, lesbian relationships are typically abusive

Joe Quinones is an emerging art god But Marvel has fucking saddled the guy with poor writers, poor inkers and poor colorist.

>Just remember this is an award winning comic and new super-man isn't.
Please tell me you are joking.

No as much as het relationships.

They're literally fucking shit. Ironically they literally support cultural appropriation. They're written by a woman who probably uses Google translate to speak spanish.

They aren't good. They got cancelled for good reason. If you want to read a comic about a brown lesbian who everyone loves despite the fact she hasn't done anything, then America is for you. The first page of the first issue is actually other Marvel characters talking about how awesome they think she is.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey reported on the lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner, focusing for the first time on victimization by sexual orientation. In their study, there was a victimization prevalence of 43.8 percent for lesbians, which made it the second most affected group after bisexual women (61.1 percent), ahead of bisexual men (37.3 percent), heterosexual women (35 percent), heterosexual men (29 percent) and homosexual men (26 percent)"

Is making a vicious parody of her worth it or not?

ie. Like an unlikable version of King from One Punch Man .

>have teleportation powers
>think that long-distance relationships are somehow a thing for you

America your girlfriend could live on the goddamn moon and it wouldn't be a problem. Why are you being a cunt.

Thankfully it's over. It can't hurt me anymore.

Those percent seems unrealistic. 29% men get raped/abused in their relationships?!

Nah.

There's a certain threshold where something is so stupid that's it's own existence is the humor and just adding on to it does nothing.

It's like if someone were decide to parody The Room.

Was volume 10 ever released? If I missed the storytime I never found it despite combing through the actual archive, Desuarchive, and whatnot.

America is an award winning comic and STILL got cancelled. Really shows the values of those awards.

ricvera did not create america she just wrote for the new lkine of comics
invented by a white man
also america is technically an extradimensional alien, not a latina

So basically, the best way to parody her is to present her exactly like she is in her actual comic? Makes sense.

>I hear they're getting a lot of plaudits
It's been compared to Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. Definitely worth a read user.

>raped/abused
or stalked.

I wish I was user but does it really surprise you considering squirrel girl has consistently won Eisners since it came out.

I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NAAHT

Tommy is an interesting guy that went from being a poorfag immigrant in France to a guy that did well enough in business to fund a shitty movie. It's nowhere near as fun

Wow, Gabby must have been the cheapest writer Midtown Comics could afford to be a guest.

This is starting to get off topic but typically these surveys ask questions in a very broad manner such that the responses are inflated (and can therefore be used to drive policy via quote-mining and soundbites). You'd have to read the report and see what the survey questions are to really understand what the numbers are saying in an absolute sense, but in the relative sense of who is victimized in relationships, that one sentence quote is likely adequate on its own.

Still though. Every fourth?