Here's some of the "greatest" animators of our time

Here's some of the "greatest" animators of our time.

Say something mean about them!

Hirsch is a lazy douche who couldnt even properly end his series or give it a third season purely out of laziness. Sugar need to stop shoving in gender shit and is too much of a pussy to control her team, and as a result they focus on shit townie episodes, horribly off model art, and shit character designs. I want to breed with nefcy and her cartoon is great.

Good thread

Troglodites, the lot of them.

Is American TV animation ever gonna be like...

...good again?

I wouldn't have problems with these shows individually, but all together at once to the exclusion of everything else, it's making the level of stagnation Disney film animation had during the late 90s look like a breath of fresh air

showrunner ≠ animator

And you wonder why people say Sup Forums is retarded.

>Hirsch is a lazy douche who couldnt even properly end his series or give it a third season purely out of laziness.
Fuck off, GF is gold. ESPECIALLY given how fucking terrible almost all 2010s cartoons are.
>and her cartoon is great.
It's really fucking bad, but you're an irrational GF hater so it's not surprising you fell for the character design(s).

>...good again?
It never was, never will be. This is peak performance and it is garbage.

Hirsch is an absolute faggot
Sugar is really ugly, I don't understand how she can live with herself looking like that
I've never watched Star Vs and I never will, but that demon girl is pretty hot

Demon girl?

Do you mind posting a pic of who you think the demon girl from Star vs is? I'm curious.

One might say that you're an irrational GF lover...

Hirsch is lazy, Sugar has no leadership skills and I don't even know who the middle chick is.

Nope, I like it for objective reasons. Mainly the brilliant writing... something which your shitty show literally doesn't have, being storyboarded and all.

OP isn’t wrong. They are effortlessly the greatest millenial animators (that didn’t become youtube stars and/or dead like the Newgrounds crew), and they’re ultimately all shackled by a combination of their own inexperience/incompetence and the increasingly irratic and retarded demands made by their respective higher ups.

GF was pretty good but got downhill fast in season 2B and made irrelevant with the existence of Mystery Inc.

>demon
>girl
oh no no no

I'm not even the guy you were getting mad at, but keep being mad. Maybe that'll get you another season.

Mystery Inc.'s finale was SO MUCH WORSE than GF's, it exposes Sup Forums's hate for GF as nothing more than meme bandwagoning.

And MI's overall writing was far worse, too.

I like their cartoons. Sugar's stuff is a tad too gay for my tastes but, hey, still good.

put the quotations on the wrong word even though sugar's animations are pretty good

>the two jews are hacks
>the white girl is based

go figure

>Is American TV animation ever gonna be like...
>...good again?
Television might honestly die before we get another wave of good shows. It's not that far away. The stuff Sup Forums actively hates on isn't even the worst we have, CN's lineup for this year looks like a bunch of preschooler shit. It's entirely possible that children will just move on to digital content.

>tfw we will never have the 90s aesthetic ever again

Jeez, why don’t you just buy a plane ticket to Los Angeles, and personally suck Alex Hirsch’s dick in person

You fucking retard

t. John K.

Why do people act like Gravity Falls had a bad ending? It was fine, wrapped up the series nicely?

You know what had a shit ending? Homestuck

The ending was fucking shit, youre a stupid fanatic sucking on alexs teet if you think he isnt a lazy hack for not writing season 3. Fuck you

rebecca sugar has one of the most punchable faces I have seen in a while.

Necfy is the only decent person in that shot. I would have said the same about Ian, but he's not in there.

It's hard to say "the 90's aesthetic" when everyone was being really experimental in that decade.

>going home instead of staying in gravity falls
>dipper still not getting a GF
>all those plotthreads left hanging
>good ending

Stop with the fucking love triangles, Nefcy.

Why is only one of them a woman? Where are the women in American animation?

>demon girl

Which one?

Hekapoo

Hirsch should’ve given himself a decent break, aka haiatus, and THEN give us season 3 of Gravity Falls. He didn’t have to rush it!! Now I’m left with lingering feelings of lust for Stanford and mysterious adventures from once a good show.

Where can I find myself a real Stanford with redeeming qualities??

>purely out of laziness.
He was involved in every little step of the show, people said that he checked everything, every rewritte, voice acting, prepared inumerous pluses and even made a race across the world for the fans in the end of the show. He overworked himself, wich is still a problem, but the opposite of lazyness.

You know that's exactly why some people watch it, and so does she. That shit is never gonna stop.

Suddenly, Star's behaviour makes sense.

Nefcy is hot, but she's got a smile like the Cheshire cat.

Sugar is proof that god-exists because only a sentient being with intentional cruelty would create a human being so utterly hideous

Kek

That girl ain't right.

>tfw we will never have the 90s ever again
ftfy

And looking back, what was shit in the 90s wasn't too bad, I suppose. I certainly would take "duuuude, mondo tubular, let's rollerblade!!" a hundred times over "ummm sweetie? It's xhê/xhîr, please don't be sexist thank you"

Again, as I mentioned here He should’ve given himself a break and then continue working

I wish Gravity Falls had had a third season. Third seasons are when a show's quality takes nosedive and viewership declines rapidly. A third season of GF could've make people see how overrated and ultimately milquetoast that show was.

Thanks for giving us Eclipsa Nefcy, Hirsch and the literal goblin can fuck off to irrelevance.

I just wish the fans were honest about it. I gave Star Vs a shot because some on Sup Forums were talking about how it had good writing and interesting lore that was fleshed out. Turns out it's 90% shipping drama that survives on the ol "will they, won't they" shtick.

Ooo I like her color scheme. Maybe this will convince me to watch the show. Until then, I’ll just catch up on Duck Tales

>Nefcy is hot, but she's got a smile like the Cheshire cat.
Implying a smile like that isnt hot in its own regard?
Two genuinely good creators and a talented tumblr artist who somehow got her own show by totally tricking those damn suits that her lesbian OCs aren't actually lesbians.

>brilliant writing
Roadside Attraction says hi.

Well, the literal goblin is going to get her 5 minutes of relevance when the trans girl episode airs.
Imagine Sup Forums that day

But those aren't Satoshi Kno, Mamoru Oshii and Hayao Myiazaki.

>triangles
I see Star and Marco's noses and... what else?

Literally a waste of an episode slot.

Nefcy is the only one who is not a big cuck/a big Jew who shoves his political views into her cartoon.

>Satoshi Kono
Gone too soon. RIP.

Is it one guy posting these threads over and over again?

She's voiced by the whore from GoT. It's a pleasure to listen to her.

How does Hirsche shove his political views into GF?

She is not a demon.

Nope, still laziness because animation was “too hard” for his entitled millennial ass. Fuck him

>lesbians exist

That's not a political view user.

most likely

>Nefcy is the only one who is not a big cuck

Oh, the irony!

Season 3a was a fucking disappointment because it focused shitty relationship drama over world-building and lore. Seriously, puts all the Eclipsa shit in the background but puts in the front the awful "so dramatic, Marco's now in love with Star but she's' with Tom". Tomstar was so rushed also.

Eeeeeeeeeh, I wouldn't say 90%, but I do get tired of episodes that are entirely based around it. Overall, I do enjoy the show. I think the writing is pretty good and can't really think of an outwardly dislikable character. People say Pony Head, and yeah she's grating, but that's exactly what she's supposed to be.

the love triangle stuff is there to bring in that crowd that would otherwise ship the characters on their own - it hooks them and makes them want to see which of their head canons are gonna play out. It's a pretty solid marketing strategy, really, and doesn't completely interfere with an otherwise decent series.

And let's be honest: it's 10 times better than the character building eps they pull in SU.

name one time it was good

>Alex
youre an asshole
>middle one
you look ugly. but i really dont know who that is.
>rebecca
get your show´s plot moving allready

I have no idea who any of these people are.

I want to fuck Nefcy long slow and hard in a dimly lit room, then put her legs over my shoulders and shoot a huge load into her pusy.

>Duck Tales
Surely you can't be serious.

How is this "mean"?

t. 17 year old

Do you have any idea how a cartoon is produced? Not only is it rare for a showrunner to ever be involved in the animation, but the animators themselves usually wind up only animating very specific things depending on how big of a team there is if it isnt entirely outsourced to korea

I've become convinced that it's not Sugar who's injecting politics; she seems to be pretty moderate, despite everything. It's the rest of the crew that itch to dial up the tumblrianism to 11 whenever they can, and Sugar is barely capable of reining them in, as it happened during the whole Zuke fiasco.

I can understand S3's heavier lean on shipping since there wasn't really any ongoing threat or villain scheming in the shadows. That should change with Meteora, Gemineye, and Rasticore on Mewni though

he's posting on Sup Forums, I doubt sex with him is a reward

Have you seen what that user looks like? Prolly doesn't get any worse than that.

>that pic
KEK

The one in the middle is the kind of girl I would stick an entire corn cob in her butthole, then pull it, pour some butter on it, and then proceed to eat it while I fuck her ass, with The Lion Sleeps Tonight playing on the background.

You know how Star Wars and Marvel movies are the way they are because the studio doesn't plan ahead of what they want to do? They just give the film to a director and then the next director has to pick up the slack, and it's the reason why a lot of elements can changed or retconned?

GF and Steven manage to feel like that, which is pretty bad considering the fucking showrunner has been on-board the entire time during production.

Star Vs. is great, though. It went from average cartoon to really entertaining and I like that the newest season is pretty much the reverse of how the show started (Fish out of water Human living on magical Mewni). It's a solid way to make the show's formula feel fresh.

Where is her wedding ring?

>Seriously expecting them to stay in Gravity Falls
I shiggy diggy

she lost it somewhere in her husbands ass

>the newest season is pretty much the reverse of how the show started
Except it's doing so in the most forced way possible, without any of the initial charm or traction it had, just for the sake of "it's like poetry, it must rhyme!".

W-why?

Classic Nefcy.

Did she paint a picture of the occasion?

She didn't really inject much politics into SU, but it was mostly her as far as I can tell who made Fusion as an allegory to sex, fucked it up every step of the way including friendly lessons about rape for the 8-12 year olds the shows aimed for and then back-peddled harder than a cyclist accidentally riding into a speedway.

It speaks volumes of her ability to have control over her own project, though. People on her crew that are pulling that shit and effecting the brand should be immediately reprimanded and removed on a repeat offense. There should be some level of oversight that catches that shit before it makes it into an episode, too. I mean, where the fuck is she on all this? How long does it take her to tune a ukelele and pay the fuck attention to her show?

BITCH I WOULD IF IT WEREN'T FOR THAT FUCKING RESTRAINING ORDER

First half of first season was extremely bland and had barely found its footing for the humor of the show. The closer the show got to Storm The Castle, the more solidified it became.

I mean, one of the very first episodes has fucking Ponyhead of all characters in it. That's a bad first impression to give of your show.

>How long does it take her to tune a ukelele and pay the fuck attention

marry, fuck, kill

>Nefcy looks ugly
Shittiest taste confirmed.

Because her show is full of cucking. Marco cucks Star, Star cucks Marco, etc.

No not really. I was holding back from actually saying lusting over lude drawings of Ford but I didn’t want to sound obsessive

I'd like to think Sugar has the same approach to conflict management as Steven.

>"No, no, don't cry! Look, you can draw the characters as you like. What's important is that you feel good about it. Who cares if someone else drew them differently in the previous episode?... Oy vey."

That's one hell of an argument user, well thought and executed. 5/5

Now Fuck off.

>Anyone interested in another person not winding up with that person is a cuck
Oh you poor thing. What has Sup Forums done to this site?