Do you think that this book will be able to attract a decent amount of Fantastic Four fans?

Do you think that this book will be able to attract a decent amount of Fantastic Four fans?

Yes.

didn't they all kill themselves?

I know funny Mr Fantastic. Who are the others?

>No sexy Sue
>No Thing
>No Doom

Nah, just because they have a stretchy dude don't make them F4.

Probably not, but that's fine. Still looks like fun.

From left to right

Plastic Man, Mister Terrific, Metamorpho, and Phantom Girl

there's sexy plas instead

>that cleavage

I've never read anything with Mr. Terrific in it before, what are his powers?

being smart, gay, and black.

One of DC's top 3 in intellect and he has these orbs.

Maybe. It's gonna be real shit though.

Seeing as Marvel has been shitting on FF, yeah. Theres nothing else for them to read.

Metamorpho can fill in for Ben. He's done it before.

How can he be gay when he fucked power girl?

That's his cousin from TV.

You never been in denial before?

>Metamorpho as the woe is me character

garbage

Well, it's attracting me, but more because I'm a big fan of all those characters than that I'm a fan of the F4. I highly doubt it will capture what I love about the F4 but we'll see.

Third smartest man in the DCU, expertise in technology, machines and computers. Invisible to all electronics, including satellites, cameras, sensors, etc. Favorite device is T-spheres, which are flying supercomputer orbs that obey his commands.

Also the standard Olympic-level athlete in all major events, so "peak human".

Has a photographic memory.

>gay
Wrong. His wife was killed in a car accident, which is a major part of his character, since she was religious and he's an atheist, and he wrestles with spirituality and faith throughout his life.

You're really dumb

>super genius with personality issues
>funny and cocky guy
>tough guy with a heart of gold who was disfigured in an accident and looks like a frightening monster
>going on cosmic and scientific adventures throughout the universe

The only one who doesn't fit is Tinya whose personality and role is nothing like Sue and was only picked because 1) she's Lemire's Legion waifu and 2) she has powers that are kind of sort of similar to Sue's but not really

Gay men fuck women all the time

Metamorpho and Plastic Man on their own are insanely broken, can't imagine what could possibly want to tango with this team

I only give a fuck because I want to see mr terrific and plastic man being bros

the other 2 could die in the first issue as far as I care

Fantastic Four fan here.

Most of us are looking to this book and the other upcoming new DC series to get our Marvel fix.

it's Lemire. so no.

What does Metamorpho bring to the table that Plas doesn't?

he can turn into elements, Plas just changes shape

>Third smartest man in the DCU
I still can't believe that Batman is smarter, I hope they retcon it later, Batman shouldn't be in the top 10 smartest scientists or top 10 best 10 fighters, being a genius and athltete is enough.

Does Rex have some Aunt he keeps bringing up?

That comparison doesn't really work because BtB Rex got over his angst by his second appearance and embraced being a hero and his powers.

At most, they share the same dry sense of humor.

t. DC stalwart

No actual fans of the FF are interested in Lemire's lulzy Fauxtastic Four.

>he can turn into elements, Plas just changes shape
But Plastic is the best! What good are elements?

Not that familiar with the Legion, is Tinya a popular Legion waifu among fans?

Hes basically a supergenius batman type, even fighting skills wise, but he doesnt really do that kinda shit because he's got U-Spheres that can do all kinds of crazy stuff.

FAIRPLAY

She's Ultra-Boy's dead girlfriend, most of the time.
They do this whole "their love is the purest and truest, OH NOES she's tragically deadzors" thing time after time, and Legion's limited fanbase continues to eat it up.

So basically DC's Black Panther.
Got it.

Yeah but unfortunately I don't think Batman is ever going back to the way he used to be.

A good compromise would be to make him one of the smartest in terms of IQ, strategy, logic and deductive reasoning with some knowledge in the sciences like Sherlock Holmes was, but not some master engineer and scientist like he is now.

She's mai waifu but is usually passed over in favor of Imra, Dreamy, or the multitude of high-quality husbandos the Legion offers

Strong disagree with that take on Tinya

*T spheres

Kinda? i mean not really, being black doesn't make them the same... Tchalla is a king of a whole advanced country. Terrific is just a tony stark/batman/lex kinda guy

All niggers are gay

Ranking "smartness" is retarded.

Does he have any good stories? I never see anyone talk about him.

Nope. It'll live and die on its own merits like any other new title.

He's a walking periodic table. Solid, gas, liquid, anything, he can be it

Not particularly. He was in JSA but he doesn't do anything particularly noteworthy and in general that run is pretty shallow. He's "good enough" in it. He has potential though.

A book about a bootleg Justice League was able to reach passed issue #20 and a Flinstones comic was the most critically praised book amongst readers in the last year.

Anything is possible.

Here's the problem. Comic book writers have a 5th grade understanding of Physics, Chemistry, basically anything beyond Fanfiction 101.

Lead is the "heavy one" on the Metal Men, in spite of actually being the 4th heaviest element on the core team. Mercury is fucking red because (alcohol) thermometers have red liquid in them. I'm supposed to expect Rex to do anything exciting?
Plas on the other hand is literal toonforce, the guy can turn into a giant toilet that flushes badguys down.

Toonforce >>>>>>> DC writer chemistry knowledge

He's been in good books (he was introduced in Ostrander Spectre and was used pretty well in JSA) but no really stellar solo material

>Be a scientist
>Don't get mad over cartoon physics
Feels good man, cartoons aren't the real world, get over it

He's super smart. Officially he's the third smartest guy in the world. When they first brought that out in JSA it was hinted that he said third because he was modest and wanted to leave room for error, but now people have taken that to mean Luthor and Batman are smarter than he is. It's stupid powerlevel shit, but it is what it is.

His thing was that his life was marked by tragedy and people taking shortcuts so he embraced the mantra 'fair play'. He's also one of DC's few openly atheist characters. He was created in the 90's when The Spectre stopped him from committing suicide. He led the JSA for a lot of the 00's and was the White King of Checkmate back when it was a UN sanctioned organization, right before New 52. Since then he's been a generic dimension-hopping time-traveling powergirl-fucking superscientist with none of his ties to the JSA or Checkmate. His New 52 arc was trash and this will hopefully redeem him a bit.

If you want to know more, read Johns JSA and Johns Justice Society of America and especially the Rucka/Trautmann Checkmate run. He's great.

Okay first of all, yes, Plas can morph into bullshit shapes, like a fully functioning car, that BORDER on toon shit, but even he has limits. Don't call it toonforce, because that implies reality fuckery we don't want to debate on. Metamorpho on the other hand still offers shit Plas can't do. Highly conductive elements, corrosive, toxic, that kind of thing.

Terrific and Bordeaux were the badass battle couple lead protagonists of Checkmate v3. It was one of the best books DC had when it was being published.

He can still have a wife and be gay. Stop being in denial.

EVERYONE is gay. fact.

His pregnant wife dying is literally the reason he becomes Mr. Terrific.
His relationship with Sasha Bordeaux is a major plot point in Checkmate.
His relationship with Power Girl was kinda a big deal in the New 52.

The other Mr. Terrific in the CWVERSE is gay. But the CW shows are all trash and nobody who actually reads comics would mix the two up...

user, you're not arguing with a real person.

I wasn't arguing at all, just informing.
I mean, Mr. Terrific is one of my favorite characters, I loved the JSA, so if I can put more people on him I will.
I wish I could do the same for Sand and Mid-Nite....

Immune to being noticed by machines as well. cameras and robots can't see him unless he wants to.

You know, since they announced this, I've had LOSH's Phantom Girl confused with Freedom Fighters' Phantom Lady, and I've been wondering where the boobs had gone.

>His relationship with Power Girl was kinda a big deal in the New 52.

No it wasn't. That power girl was a shell of her character, she slept with him to get access to his tech!

Withholding judgement, but honestly I'm having a hard time seeing how this wont be more than a superficial homage to the FF, lacking the family spark that made that property so appealing back in the day.

Fingers are crossed that, while it might not find that same spark, it still manages to be a fun read in its own way.

(a scene i'd like to see if a reference back to that Plastic Man and Elongated Man debate about two "stretchy guys" on the team. Metamorpho is a shapeshifter too, I'd like to see Plas getting upset of Rex pulling all his stunts as well as being able to turn into gases, turn into radioactive materials, turn into poisons/toxins/acid/lava/cryogenics, etc)

I'm interested to see where this goes, and I'm super happy to they're making a book that features Plas finally, but it in no way scratches the F4 itch. Not to restate what's been said a million times already, but the Fantastic Four's whole deal is they are a family, bickering frequently but always drawn back together. These are just four randos thrown together. Maybe, given their own half-century of characterization they could eventually mimic F4's dynamic, but it's silly to expect that right out of the gate.

>Batman smartest

oi weh

deductive I'd buy maybe, though it's really not like Batman has done anything to top that either. This is the same Batman who keeps sending villains to Arkham and is so surprised when they get back out?

No wonder Marvel has so many more genius level intellects.

F4 is about family. This isn't.

Tell good stories. Give me something that intrigues and entertains me. Don't try to be F4.

The real question is, did Marvel do "fate of the 4" because they're afraid of this?

No.

>Gary Stu: BLACKED Edition
>literallywho-Girl
>Sup Forums's meme of the month
>Bland C-Lister #458
>DOOM Expy
>Lemire on a team book
>ruining Moore's Tom Strong
Yeah, I'll pass.

No. Better (and never ending) question: Is Lemire able to make a team book under his pen NOT suck?

CALL THE 'FICS
THE TERRIFICS

TERRIFIC IS A GENIUS
PHANTOM GIRL CAN FADE FROM SIGHT
PATRICK IS THE PLASTIC MAN
METAMORPHO DOESN'T MIND A FIGHT

CALL THE 'FICS
THE TERRIFICS

>Lemire
>team book

>I'm supposed to expect Rex to do anything exciting?

Get your head out of your ass. Rex can turn himself into acid. Intangible gas. He can turn himself on fire. The only limit is your imagination.