What went wrong with Marvel?

What went wrong with Marvel?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O96Jure38bA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we talk about this subject alot so here's a new argument: why cant we have a legitimately ugly protagonist

There’s a difference between ugly and poorly drawn.

Piccolo is an ugly green slug man but he’s drawn well.

>why cant we have a legitimately ugly protagonist?
Morlocks book now! we need to call Yoshida

while I agree with your point, I think Piccolo is a bad example. He's a good looking dude.

They started hiring “hip” fanfic writers from college who have no interest or knowledge in comics, they brought their SJW shit and infused it into the stories, and editorials too much of a limpwristed bitch to do anything about it.

Not the Piccolo user, but here's another example. Ugly, but well drawn.

Webcomic and webcomic writing.

I understand giving the webcomic person a shot in the industry but Marvel half assed by not teaching or correcting the hipster shit out of the kids.

take this

Whenever some group or publication consider Erica Henderson a top artist they're completely invalidated.

That’s not funny.
That’s not funny at all.

These are nice, but for the sake of the subject, do we have any female examples?

they're both shit

>left
forgettable, characterless design

>right
all women must be fapbait meme

>all women must be fapbait meme
Its a fucking comic, almost all heroes have to be sexualized gods

Nice try, super-satan

Where's that wee comic where cute!Squirrel Girl is trying to take a selfie, but it ends up a spitefully-expressioned, flat-chested, lantern-jawed, bucktoothed monstrosity?

t.Ben

Pic related from Bunsen Is a Beast. Plus Helga and that ugly bully girl everyone made fun of. And StarFan13 from Star Vs. I'm sure if I actually remembered anyone from Clarence, there would be a number of ugly girls who are still well drawn.

The issue from what I can tell is that Squirrel Girl's entire art style is ugly. Not just its main character.

That's not what I'd call 'bad' art as they clearly know what they're doing. The term for that is 'deliberately unappealing'. Tumblr does it all the time because their entire aesthetic kind of hinges on being hated.

So the next time you see a crazy SJW acting like a retard, know that they're unconsciously doing it on purpose (if that makes sense) and that they don't REALLY believe what they're saying deep down, but they also don't think about anything and enjoy pissing 'normal' people off. Aesthetics matter more than beliefs to today's youth, as you can't pass or fail when you're part of a team: erase your identity and be free of consequences by adopting one that's already 'accepted'. This is the horror of groupthink.

Sup Forums does this as well, but they're basically the opposite of tumblr. Where SJWs want to be hip, downtrodden, che guevara-esque revolutionaries, Sup Forums longs to be the army enforcing their own rigid laws, stomping on the throats of the dirty hippies. And again, it's not so much about hating black people as it is cosplaying as a nazi.

60/100 D- See me after class

>all women must be fapbait meme
Marvel have Big Bertha and Kamala Kan

ebin meam broseph

But starfan13 is hot

If you want me to spend money on it, its usually what it takes. Otherwise, the story better be very compelling, and this isn't it.

Somehow still better than the original

They think that media shapes society, instead of the other way around, so they believe if they sanitize the media (IE: Putting more obese women in modelling positions) then society will get better. Oh look! A woman with trees for legs and arms is the cover girl of a magazine! Now people will find body hair on women beautiful! And if you object, we'll out you and cast you out of society.

In reality it would be like painting over a rusty car. The rust is still there, eating away at the metal, but you can't see it so it's all good.

...This looks like a racial caricature that isn't quite sure whom it's being racist against.

As much as I want to fuck her, Velma was never designed to be attractive when Scooby-Doo first premiered.

>all women must be fapbait
The unironic biological truth.

user, you can't have that. An ugly guy is a failure, but an ugly woman is an oxymoron.

You are incorrect, my friend. They don't want acceptance. They want you to HAVE TO accept them. Tumblr doesn't care if you actually do or not (and in fact it's actually better if you don't) because being offended and making it your responsibility to fix the situation is how they exert control over you.

If they became normal they'd just have to push the envelope even further.

just imagine the voice she would've had back then

In that picture, I imagine her as sounding like a black goofy.

She looks like a caricature of a Southerner.

dick version?

humans, its racist against them

>that pic

Can someone explain what the fuck

People wanna feel special. The "They/Them" shit is really just the modern day "goth phase" where people do it because they think they're being unique and standing out from the crowd.

But it's kind of more embarrassing because it seeps into people who are over the age of 16.

Hes an angular alien slug with fangs. Just because you'd fuck it doesnt mean hes attractive.

>an angular alien slug with fangs

>implying otherkin isn't exactly that
they have already pushed the envelop too far

Blink and the Exiles are slated for a new upcoming mini series

Six-Pack!

arist is pumpkinsinclair

You can, it just has less mass-market appeal for obvious reasons.

Like a dick grayson version?

>gross
>definitely not

nigga gonna get the best footjob

I don't know, I'd definitely call the sound of skin stretching gross.

1) Artists naturally like to draw things pleasing to the eye
2) People naturall like to SEE things pleasing to the eye, both attractive men and attractive women. There have been many studies showing that ugly men in fiction are viewed as monsters and ugly women viewed as comedic. Some writers will use this to their advantage to disarm the reader when the character turns out to be sympathetic
3) Now this one will get me flamed: autists on forums, the primary comic reading audience, get upset when women are ugly in fiction nowadays because they see it as some kind of feminist plot to remove sexuality

It's extremely difficult to have an actively ugly female character these days for the same reason it's still difficult to have a gay or tranny character-- it's seen as unusual and thus becomes a major, defining part of their personality, and since those things are political hot button issues right now, people get immediately disinterested in the character

So you saying that Gwenpool is canceled and this shit is still going?

Their next step isn't otherkin/furry acceptance, it's the dom/sub BDSM lifestyle and what are effectively harems, but the former more than the latter.

What's wrong with consensual bdsm?

In the bedroom is one thing (and even then there are still some problems with it) but domination and humiliation are not love, and submitting to someone's authority doesn't mean you care about them.

'preciate ya

>we talk about this subject alot so here's a new argument: why cant we have a legitimately ugly protagonist
well for one thing Doreen Green isn't supposed to be ugly, she's been drawn pretty consistently as cute since she was reintroduced in GLA up through her ongoing starting up, and indeed most Marvel artists besides Erica continue to draw her that way, so clearly her looking awful in USG is not the artist's intention and just her being a mediocre artist

checked the Sup Forums booru

but Kamala is weapons grade adorable?

to be fair Ditko was half-assing the art in that issue in general

In 2013 they got rid of many long-time editors and replaced them with business majors. Writers and artists spent a lot of time doing whatever they wanted with little editorial oversight, and making excuses when the public didn't want to buy their shit.

The good news is The Mouse only really cares about business, and the SJW shit isn't bringing much in.

It's 5 am where I am and I absolutely don't have the strength to argue with you as strongly as I want. Mayhaps tomorrow, if the thread is still up.

How about a guy so ugly he has to keep his face hidden?

>by not teaching or correcting the hipster shit out of the kids.

They want the hipster shit because Marvel has always been a company that chases trends. Most of the best Marvel comics were outliers or came out close to company shakeups

Like in Jim Starlin's Adam Warlock comics he had an entire issue venting about his frustrations with Marvel. He depicts the editorial staff as a bunch of clowns who build towers of trash that always crash down on top of them. But there are always diamonds hidden in the trash, no matter how hard the clowns try to keep them out.

Tsunade is an ugly girl but she is drawn well.

The person Marvel got to draw her is a sex negative feminist so you know she's going look like a derp.

I always thought it was intentional since it's a comedy. Like when OK KO does choppy animation or when Dexter had a episode drawn in crayon

Problems at Marvel probably started back in the 1990s when their obsession with gimmick covers and storylines cost them their business, most of their employees, and nearly the entire industry

right know i just feel bad for Steve ditko creator of the second blue beetle the question doctor strange spider-man and squirrel girl. his creations deserve better

that sucks gwenpool is a character i actually relate to

>fapbait

>Same exact body but face is slimmed down and the beady little eyes are gone so she doesn't look like shes suffering from a shellfish allergy all the time

Women aren't allowed to be ugly. Whenever a non-human female appears in media, if they are ugly they are usually evil or monsters that need to be killed because they are breeding more monsters. It's perfectly fine though for males to be ugly or bestial. As far as I know there is no female example of stories like Beauty and the Beast.

This is far better than current one, is weird but not a bland fetus face without emotions that no one could identity as sguirrel girl like what were getting.

I think forced female transformation is severely underused as a horror trope.

>woman watches as her lover can't help but react with disgust at her new appearance
>breaks down crying and doesn't even sound human anymore
>tries to do the same things she once did but it's almost like a mockery of human behavior because she's so hideous

It works with men too, but it has to be the right kind of deformity or some kind of perversion/feminization. This is also a good example m.youtube.com/watch?v=O96Jure38bA

he didn't make the art better he just made her prettier

You're...retarded, right?

A) Wrong.

B) Characters shouldn't default to being absolutely hideous.

Because people like to look at the opposite of ugly. You can only go ugly if you can offset it with interesting.

They are broken malformed humans who are out of touch and never stop turning people off. They can't get away with ugly protagonists. Also even if y ou like the character you end up with the hunchback movie issue. No one believes he could get the girl. Or guy.

Kamala is for lewd purposes only.

Bauhaus isn't well drawn.

You've been pushing the Bauhaus meme for over two weeks and it's not latching on, kid. Just give up, Sup Forums doesn't want to use your forced meme.

>Velma was never designed to be attractive
But she wasn't designed to undesirable either

This. Helga is implied to be a very plain, homely girl (at least compared to her sister or the popular, pretty girls at PS 118). She pretties up nice with some makeup, hair styling, etc but it takes a lot of work, work she's usually unwilling to put in for the sake of putting on airs.

Yet nobody watches Hey Arnold! and finds themselves physically repulsed by Helga's appearance.

Wasn't this Nepotism or something

Grenda from Gravity falls
the "critic" from Drawn Together

this pretty much

>them
then what are you...?

It looks like a mixture of the Irish and Asian racist caricatures

It's probably one of marketing Zuckerbergs androids.

Ryan North, who also came from webcomics, was the one who put her name forward I believe.

Webcomcis people are the new South Americans/Filipinos. The primary source of comics labor that can be underpaid. Except those guys where mostly world class talents

literally my fetish. big feet are best feet

Anime has a lot of Gonks when I think about it, or purposely plain looking females to allow self insertion on reverse harems.

It's more common on male oriented series as well.

>Calling her ugly

It might just be an in world thing but i'd fuck her desu

but i'd also fuck creepy suzi so take what you will

It's obvious a lot of us are spoiled on THIS version of her that we forget that she was some one-off character Ditko threw out there after a few drinks.

When shit like the image on the left wins awards, you just know it's all about agendas instead of honoring the best art.

>or purposely plain looking females to allow self insertion on reverse harems.

Reverse harem heroines have a bland personality, but they're usually generically cute.

>Piccolo
>ugly

Something about this really reminds me of a muppet.

i dont want to look at ugly people, especially if they're obnoxious like squirrel girl

she is quite literally marvels special needs character currently, they have to have a retarded superhero.

Fuck, she could be done good and have fun stories, but no, she is a fat retard.

She was originally a character created because of the times, when everything was going more and more edgy and more hardcore, they creator went fuck it I want a fun character. no one's first outing is spectacular.

Where’s the original mate