ITT: Heroes with lackluster rogue galleries

esp despite many attempts at giving them one

This fucker right here has had a solo of some sort since 1996 and Blockbuster seems to be the only one who stuck around (and he sucks). Even Deathstroke became too powerful and popular for Dick/TT alone, and became a general DCU villain and character with his own cast of supporting characters.

Even as a huge Dickfag I could rant all day about how bad the attempts to make him distinct have been

What they should do is, instead of making him discount Batman/Daredevil, use him to do things that they can't do with Batman anymore because of batfags and moviefag expectations

What do I mean by this? Look at Morrison's Batman & Robin, and King and Seeley's Grayson, the two best "solos" Dick has ever had. Morrison used a lot of Silver Age thowback elements with brighter colors, crazier scenarios and wackier villains. Many in the 70's and 80's saw Robin as a remnant of a time when Batman was less grounded, so why not make that a central facet of his character now?

And what Grayson did was focus on the things that made Robin a foil to Batman in the first place-- he's nice, he smiles and laughs, he has fun, he acually has relationships with women instead of brooding.

Wonder Woman
I don't think there's a single other hero out there who's as big as she is who also has an equally or more lackluster villain lineup

Spider-Man

It's time we just fucking admit it, they all suck.

Anybody can point out a character with a poor rogues gallery. It takes effort to make someone good enough to fight

I challenge you to make an interesting rogue gallery for these heroes

MM, Cyborg, Plastic Man, arguably GL outside of rainbow corp shit

Spidey's rogues gallery looks like a furry convention.

they suck in a good way though

Come on man, you can bait better than that. You should have said Iron Man, or Superman if you were trying to get replies. Green Lantern and Wolverine are also suitable replacements.

>Spider-Man
>It's time we just fucking admit it, they all suck.

I don't know, I feel like spiderman is a lot more street-level than most heroes. Rather than dealing with cosmic threats and cunning terrorists, he gets enthusiastic B-list wannabes. Mixed in with a few genuine threats who don't realize they're too good for spiderman.

Iron Man.

Bullshit

All of Perez's reimaginations were great. Circe is one of the best cape villains, period. Cheetah is great, Silver Swan is great. Dr. Psycho is fantastic.

Jimenez's version of Dr. Poison and Angle Man had great potentia if Rucka/DC didn't just nuke everything he did

WW's is at least as good as Flash's. Flash has the Rogues who are each pretty simplistic on their own, Zoom, and then a big bucket of D-listers like every other character

I really hate the "x has no good rogues" meme because NOBODY other than Batman, Superman and Spider-Man really have a huge easily recognizeable list of villains, because nobody other than those three have had as much cultural exposure. When you get down to it Penguin, Riddler and Two-Face are lame villains with limited utility, but because they were made so famous by TV shows, they get reused again and again

All of the major DC and Marvel characters other than those three have about 5 good villains. I can name 5 for every original JLA or Avengers member except Martian Manhunter and Ant-Man. It's just none of them had big TV shows or movies everyone remembers

>All of the major DC and Marvel characters other than those three have about 5 good villains. I can name 5 for every original JLA or Avengers member except Martian Manhunter and Ant-Man
Aquaman?

Black Manta, Ocean King, Fisher-Man, Sea-Man, BP

>Cyborg

It boggles my mind how the recent Semper run bothered to build up a rogues gallery for Cyborg, only to kill most of them off by the end.

>Cheetah
>Ares
>Circe
>Giganta
>Silver Swan
>Doctor Poison
>Etc
All great characters with potential, but writers can't seem to keep the momentum going. Also part of the problem is no one knowing about them. Do you know how frustrating it is how many times Giganta jobs for reasons?

Its Ocean MASTER. Also Chimera and Dead Water were okay concepts

Worse is when Cheetah jobs

Remember Catwoman?

Wonder Woman's Rogue Gallery is way, way better then people give credit for. She actually has a really neat collection enemies including Cheetah, Ares, Hades, Giganta, Circe, First Born, Dr. Cyber, Dr. Poison, Dr. Psycho, Baroness Von Gunther, Angle Man, Silver Swan and some miscellaneous ones that could be better with some tweaking like Blue Snowman and Egg Fu.

>Sea-Man
Is that one legit?

Agreed

F u

>Giganta
Name one good arc Giganta's had. Fuck, name one good use of the character in recent memory that wasn't written by a giantess fetish dork(so scratch Gail's Atom run off the list)

Grows Big power doesn't fucking matter against super strength characters. One punch and she falls. She's a complete joke of a foe that only appeals to weird fetish people and 40+ year olds with Super Friends nostalgia. SHIT! SHE'S SHIT

>Even as a huge Dickfag I could rant all day about how bad the attempts to make him distinct have been
What are your feelings on Deathwing? Or that group of Z-lister villains that were doing therapy?

The worst is Batman, most of them are overrated and have plot armor like Bruce. And Batman's nemesis is one of the worst characters ever.

Iron Man has a god-tier rouge gallery, it is just that no one uses it to it's full potential.

His motif is an animal, of course he's fighting other animals.

Dick is shit because of faggots that think he should be Batman instead of his own thing just because he was his Robin. Cut ties with Batman's world and throw him into one that he call his own. DickBAT is cancer and just keeps him limited to being in Batman's Shadow again.

Except that his loner adventures are horrible. Bludhaven always sucked ass, sucks ass currently, and will suck ass forever more. Dicks best stories are in Gotham as part of Team Batman. Deal with it.

does he even have a rogue gallery?

The amount of fun heroes is sorely lacking as of late. Everything's gotta be fucking dark and brooding.