DCEU Thread

I know I'm severley late to the party, but I just finished watching Justice League and I gotta say, this was even more disjointed than the Theatrical Version of Batman v. Superman. Aside from the movie obviously being directed by two different people that have entirerly different approaches, I had no idea what tone of movie they wanted to convey. Also, using Cyborg as part of the main lineup as a terrible idea and so many other leagers could have been used instead.

Is there something I'm missing with this movie? Did I miss some crucial aspect of the plot or character motivation? This movie just felt wrong to me and I can't pinpoint any specific reason why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRt_UVxgQZk
youtube.com/watch?v=6qaK0tW1APY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Last Jedi is flopping

The Last Jedi was one of the worst films I've had the displeasure of watching. It was literally "shit happens" the movie with zero character development and absolutely spectacular character moments

>spectacular
Screw auto correct. Should have been shittacular

So you want Sup Forums to defend it?

Alrighty then. I say this: I had fun ahen I watched it in the theathers as much as I had my fun watching BvS. Mostly all the disjointed and convoluted mistakes made me laugh and think about some jokes like I was making my own "cinemasins" critics. I isn't good by any measure and the mistakes just look worse in every rewatch, but that's not the point of these movies. Its all about two hour fun in the movie theather and nothing more.

Like a less hyped Star Wars.

It isn't good*

>So you want Sup Forums to defend it?
Not defend it. I just hang out with a large amount of normies that eat this shit up (or at least the ones I hang out with) and I purposely avoided all JL threads because I didn't want to spoil the movie for myself. Don't entirerly trust RT because they give this film a 40% critic rating and a 77% adudience ranking and The Last Jedi a 90% critic ranking an a 50% audience ranking. They literally make no sense and I had no idea how Sup Forums felt towards this movie

What other toughs do YOU have about it? Did ye read something about the whole Snyder's Cut, finished (and supposedly great) stuff Whedon just butchered out of it to ram autist Flash jokes about bronchs and uncanny valley-faced Superman?

I felt the movie was severley lacking in the plot department considering it covered significnatly more events than the prior film did minus an hour of the runtime. I love the Snyder Ultimate cut and I can't help but feel like I'm seeing a bastardized version of this stroy.

I didn't read anything about the full Snyder cut, but I bet it was leaps and bounds better than what we got. Having Stephenwolf and the Parademons was a terrible idea and they could have went with so many more appropriate options.

1. Braniac
2. Despero
3. Starro
4. Mongul
5. Doctor Destiny

Maybe not all of the provided choices could have worked, but the did NOT involve Cybrog and a forced connection to Apokolips which the DCEU will never do justice.

I know people like to rip on DCEU's Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Superman, but I personally hate their Aquaman and Flash more than anything.

I know this comment probably has no place here, but the CW Flash never had issues with tripping. And I miss AC from Smallville. He felt like a true king of Atlantis rather than Drogo of the Seas. And I don't see how the movie that eventually tackles Darkseid will be comparable to this. The team jobs to Stephenwolf the entire movie until Superman shows up. How is Darkseid going to be different? It would basically be the same plot and same tone which would make the superferlous
>They managed to ruin a perfect Bat costume.
>They made Superman OP in every sense of the word. He could kill the entire league with minimal effort.
>Barry is way too much of a young guy when he should be late twenties thirties.
>Cyborg is unnecessary in every sense of the word.
>Having Doomsday and Return of Superman in the first main trilogy of films is batshit insane and was way too ambitious. Having Zod as the main villain in Man of Steel was too ambitious.
That seems to seriously be the biggest issue with the DCEU. Every title is attempting to push the most ambitious they could get away with. Team movie in the first three movies? I just can't get behind Gadot as Wonder Woman. She just isn't threatening. Wonder Woman needs to look like she could rip you fucking apart and Gadot is not that.

You do know that Snyder wanted Steppenwolf and the parademons, right?
he's purely to blame for the movie being shit.

Then I guess that means I'm against Snyder's ultimate goals. I think I would have eventually been satisfied with this as the plot of a Justice League movie, just NOT the first one. The executives guiding the DCEU have absolutely no idea how to properly setup for a universe. It seems that they are just firing shit against the back porch to see what sticks. They genuinely think that their choices won't fail and refuse to follow the "safe" option. Some may see that as revolutionary, I see it as needlessly defiant, especially this early in the game

>I know people like to rip on DCEU's Wonder Woman
Not really she got way more praise than hate, her character didn't caused any discussion.
Batman Wondy and Aquabro are pretty popular so far

>Having Stephenwolf and the Parademons was a terrible idea
W... H... Y... ?...

Anyone with half a brain and a pair calls out how shit Gal's Wonder Woman is. The only contribution she did, was have a passable solo movie in a shit franchise which was carried by Chris Pine. I think we can do better with Wonder Woman movies, ones that dont need to be period pieces

Not by accident, the best of DCEU is the thing Zack could freely control: the visuals. Not any amount of convoluted script could ruin the way Batman fights in the warehouse in BvS or moves with his grappling gun; the way Superman flies and hovers with dignity and undeniable concern about humans beneath him; the way Diana fights and moves, managing to preserve the hostages lives and attack without hesitation like a true Amazon Warrior; even Zod, Faora, the amazons, the Old Gods (in that butchered and underrated flashback) and several other characters were awesome to look at.

I could even stretch to say that everybody in Suicide Squad was cool enough to be appreciated, but no amount of fine visuals and dedicated actors can save what a studio won't stop ruining.

Its funny how DC has always been very meta with its stories, universes and metaplots (like Kingdom Come being a rant against edgy superheroes and a homage to old do gooders) but when it comes to DCEU, its all about small pieces not fitting together.

You can appreciate Aquamomoa eulogy trapped by the Lasso, you can enjoy Superman first fly scene, you can adore Russel Crowe Jor-El talking about his destiny, you can love Diana's mixture of purity, innocence and godly wisdom.

Why can't it work?

Because they're identical to Loki and his alien army but without any personality and an awful design

seriously Zack is a retard

I'm only oppossed to having them this early in the game. Apokolips for all intents and purposes should be fucking endgame level threats. What Thanos is for the MCU Darkseid is a million times over and having fragments of Apokolips be this visible this early is a disservice to them

A mediocre lead actor didn't ruined ragnarok, also I was talking mostly about the character than the actress herself.

>1. Braniac
If they did a Braniac story that has to give all the members of the League something to do that would require drones & would come off like a rip off of Ultron & if they did the bottled city stories that would ether result in the story focusing on Superman to the point of wasting the rest of the league or the bottled city story would not be given proper emotional justice.
>2. Despero
Will come off like a inferior silly pink Doomsday.
>3. Starro
Valid idea for a JL film but not the first one, it provides no physical threat beyond the people it possesses an you can't have the League doing badass shit & treating their opponents like egg shells at the same time.
>4. Mongul
Will come off like a poor man's Darkseid/Thanos without Warworld and with Warworld it would come off as a rehash of the Stadium/gladiator scenes in AttackClones/John Carter & even Thor 3.
>5. Doctor Destiny
No consequences because it takes place in dreams. If Snyder learned anything from Sucker Punch it's that setting action sequences in dreams removes all tension to them.

>Having Zod as the main villain in Man of Steel was too ambitious.
Fuck off. All they had to do was not kill him & show Superman rescuing people from the rubble after forcing him back into the Phantom Zone by hand and he would have worked perfectly fine for a much larger majority of the audience.

>and an awful design
No the design was great it just needed some red tinting in various areas to break up the silver/grey like his new 52 design.

>this was even more disjointed than the Theatrical Version of Batman v. Superman
Yes because that movie wasn't disjointed. Congrats on figuring out something obvious.

Another couple ideas that I'd love to hear feedback on.
1. Parasite
>Definitely
2.. Metallo
>THey could make a political plot with the acquisition of Kyrptonite and have Metallo be a building threat. Superman would NEED the other leagers against a beefed up Corben
3. Misters Mxyzptlk
>If they could have gotten Del Torro to direct this would have been amazing. Dark fantasy would mesh well with the harder sci-fi angle.
4.0 Metamorpho
>Having him be a U.S. built reaction to the League that eventually evolves into a love story with a team backdrop would be interesting. I've been drinking....

It was an amibtious shot at a story that I think paid off nicely. It managed to create a Superman movie with a heavy sci-fi tone and a superhero subplot. It felt distinctly like a Zack Snyder movie and that's what I feel like the other movies are missing. Distinct tone that separates each movie from one another. I'm in slight awe by what Man of Steel did as an intro movie.

He would have made it work. Unfortunately when villains get Whedon'd they lose all character.

I always interpreted what they were going for in Steppenwolf's design was to emulate Darkseid's rocky skin (seeing as he is his uncle). Only, the rock skin was a byproduct of the omega effect, an artifact you inherit that gave Darkseid his omega beams. It's not hereditary, Steppenwolf never wielded the Omega effect. And even glancing over that, the cgi in the film did not do the design any justice (heh) either, he looked like shit.

>The design was great
Not him, but no, it fucking wasnt. Turning Steppenwolf into a literal demon is fucking retarded, and the melted, ugly battle armor was boring to look at. At least Thor Ragnarok had the balls to do Kirby's style in live action. Furthermore, having Steppenwolf as the main villain to being with is stupid. He's never mattered, he's shit excuse to set up Darkseid, and the fact remains there were a half a dozen better options available that didnt even touch New Gods

>Whedon'd
And what Whedon change exatcly? Also daily reminder that Lex and Doomsday were even worse than him.

>Starro
That's why you have them fight the eldritch stafish monsters too, so they have something to punch. Other anons have suggested an army comprised of a dozen other conquered alien races, which adds both variety and creativity for the audience to look at.
>Doctor Destiny
Depending on which version you look at, Dee can warp reality. But better to leave the Gaiman shit be

How about Steppenwolf's motivation and all direct references to Apokolips and Darkseid? Too confusing for normies, better water it down!

I feel like Mxyzptlk and Parasite should be saved for a superman solo film. Maybe one where he has to team up with Supergirl or another hero perhaps. Metallo would've worked as a better final act opponent in BvS, a more concentrated battle where Superman has to keep his distance while Batman tries to pry out the Kryptonite without being killed. Corben's motive's would work a lot better in that sense too, he could've been injured in Mos and Luthor helped rebuild him with the same tech he gives Mercy or something like that.

You mean that mess of story in a "script" that is not even comfirmed to be from Snyder?

I don't think casuals even know the Darkseid invasion is coming given how poorly that was handled. They think Steppenwolf was the big cheese invader, and his master was named in passing once during the entire film. Hell, they glossed over his exile so much it isnt even worth noting in the main plot

>He would have made it work.
He wouldn't, he couldn't make Lex Luthor work, he can't make anything work

If it's too confusing to begin with then why would you include it in the first big crossover film? Why not say, build it up as a meta-narrative for several movies and not try and push it out as fast as possible because "moviegoers will think we copied Thanos sow e need to do the big invasion first."

>water it down
The reason they didn't talk about Darkseid is because they didn't have time. WB insisted the movie be under 2 hours. You can tell they originally had moments where Steppenwolf talks about Darkseid more but he was cut because they failed at editing the audio.

Snyder is such a fucking huge hack that he can't make a complete movie with less than 2 hours while MCU made 20

One more crack
1. Toyman (an Luthor):
>Luthor is a secret benefactor to creating a terrorist to succeed against Superman which in turn destroys public faith. Superman can't ve in 4 places at once but with a team he just might save the world.
2. Granny Goodness
>Now that I'm giving it some thought, I might consider parademons as a first team story but I want the main plot to centralize around Granny Goodness scouting for soliders and comes across Wonder Woman
3. Bizarro
>Not my first choice, but in hindsight I think it's only natural considering it would immediately be following the Doomsday storyline. It'd almost be a perfect adaptation of Superman:Doomsday which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
4. The Centre
>I totally spaced on this villain. Cooke managed to create something special in his masterpiece DC: The New Frontier. It'd also make a great introduction to Green Lantern as well as Flash and Martian Manhunter. The only person really getting the shortstick would be Aquaman but I wouldn't be too hurt by it. Especially if they got David Boreanaz to play a more grizzled Jordan

People have shit on this movie and there is no Snyderfagboys to defend this one. They have all jump off this ship and on to the Blame Whedon for everything train. Even though we know Snyder still fucked up the most important parts of the movie like the writting and all the ground work.

Never post again.

>1. Parasite
>2.. Metallo
I question these warranting a individual Superman film much less a League film.
Metallo works best in smaller scale personal stories like his handling in Tas, when he is a all machine merging god he becomes interchangeable with Cyborg Superman, Braniac & Ultron & would come off like a Transformer.

>It was an amibtious shot at a story that I think paid off nicely. It managed to create a Superman movie with a heavy sci-fi tone and a superhero subplot. It felt distinctly like a Zack Snyder movie and that's what I feel like the other movies are missing. Distinct tone that separates each movie from one another. I'm in slight awe by what Man of Steel did as an intro movie.
Seconded.

>At least Thor Ragnarok had the balls to do Kirby's style in live action
By shitting all over them?
They made them look barely above 90s Power Ranger suit cheap plastic garbage.
Say what you will about the Dceu but the materials & metals their suits are made off feel real & authentic (minus Mera's 2nd suit)

>he couldn't make Lex Luthor work
Yes he did.

>Toyman
This could work, but not on his own. he'd need to be a part of the Legion of Doom or Injustice Society, brought in by Luthor. As part of something like that he'd be great, and he'd bounce well off with an ensemble of rogues cast better than most non-luthor supervillains.
>Granny goodness
Could work, though you'd need to pull it off PERFECTLY, as if you don't, you would've blown a Justice League film by having them fighting an alien grandma. But if you get it right, a good director, include the Furies, it would be spectacular.
>Bizarro
Eh, he's better as a foil to Superman and would be better suited for a solo feature with the Man of Steel. if you want a substitute Doomsday to fight the league, just go with the one in the DCAU.
>The Centre
This would be a pretty cool villain to have. we haven't seen something like that in a superhero film and superheroes fighting mutant dinosaurs is infinitely more interesting than a generic grey CGI army.

But the writing was fine beyond the forced humor.

>Lex Luthor
>Cast Jesse Eisenberg
No, he was doomed from the start.

>3. Bizarro
Absolutely not.
If I was able to veto a single thing from ever happening in the Dceu it may very well be this.
Having a faithful Bizarro would be like watching our heroes beat up a retarded person it would be painful to watch & cringy.

I was going more DC Animated Film Bizarro where he's more of a twisted clone meant to satisfy Luthor's lusty Superman urges

Had he played it as cold, calculating & smug as he was in The Social Network he would have been fucking perfectly casted.

I didn't like
>flash
>cyborg
>cgi
>villain(s)
>set up
>superman
>lois
I did like
>aqua man
>flash being scared at someone being able to see him

Fuck yes. I was defending him in the beginning because I kept saying all he has to do is play Zuckerberg all over again. I was so wrong.

That's a good point, if he had of played him like that it could've worked. What I was trying to communicate was that in casting decisions, Eisenberg shouldn't be at the top of the list for Luthor and if he did cast, Synder should have directed him more in line with his performance in TSN, which he didn't.

Its fucking all poorly done CGI. Of course those asshats look like trash, because they're background characters, numbnuts. "Muh realism" falls apart when we're talking about a race of gods who are named "Granny Goodness" and "Virman Vundabar". Kirby style is distinct, and all it needs is a touchup.

He did give us some good moments.
He was fairly charismatic during his first scene trying to sell the senator on the Kryptonite up until the Jolly Rancher.
He should not have been as openly unhinged as we saw in the gala scene. They should have saved that for his brief bit of fuming rage while spelling out his plan to Clark on the roof which I maintain was a damn good scene & good acting on his part.

I love Cavill's delivery of "you'll learn" later on.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

>"Muh realism" falls apart when we're talking about a race of gods who are named "Granny Goodness" and "Virman Vundabar".
No it doesn't. They made the both eras of the Kryptonian clothing & technology look & feel incredibly real, god are no more inherently silly then aliens.

>Kirby style is distinct
Yes and using authentic looking materials to adapt said style doesn't lessen that distinctness.

>I can't help but feel like I'm seeing a bastardized version of this stroy. [sic]

Because it is. Whedon cut a lot of stuff out and replaced it with mostly terrible reshoots to lighten the movie up, not to improve the story. Any good action and drama is from Snyder.

One casting decision I actually like is Henry Cavill as Superman. He captures the down-to-earth and approachable aspects of Superman. Too bad they emphasized the "alien god" more than the "dude from Kansas" aspect of his character and an actor with one of the best smiles in Hollywood is forced to play a brooding douche for most movies. His attitude in Justice league was far more in line with what he should've been from the beginning but this dumpster fire of a film franchise is doomed so none of that matters now. Perfectly good talent, wasted.

>but the CW Flash never had issues with tripping.

No, instead he fails to do anything of note any given episode until the last five minutes, despite his speed would literally solve 90% of any conflict if used properly. DCEU Barry at least has the excuse of not really having much experience using his powers beyond very small scale stuff. CW Barry still fucks up despite several years of experience and a support team to guiding him in the field. And I say that as someone who enjoys CW's Flash despite it's inherent flaws.

He should've taken cues from Rosenbaum and did that. Rosenbaum knew when to be cold and calculating and when to go fucking nuts.

Whether or not you like Kirby's style is another argument, which we can both agree to disagree on. But the fact remains is that Steppenwolf was ugly as sin, boring, and a CGI mess. Christ, I would have taken his New 52 look over this. At least then he wouldn't be a grey satan. It just goes to show you another reason why Steppenwolf was a bad choice; he's got next to nothing going for him, even in appearance. Its like all the creative decisions done to Steppenwolf was reactive response to differ from Ares

They didn't emphasize the alien god at all within his own characterization/personality.
They emphasized him being a dude from Kansas alienated because the rest of the world fears/hopes he is a alien or demon god.
They literally spell this out during the montage...
> "what if he isn't a devil or Jesus figure, what if he is just a guy trying to do the right thing".
>brooding douche
There is nothing douchey about being concerned about causing more harm then good & people slandering/misinterpreting your actions.
>His attitude in Justice league was far more in line with what he should've been from the beginning
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MOTHER FUCKER?

What bothered me is that how he visually looked like Ares. What the hell where they thinking?

They weren't

> Christ, I would have taken his New 52 look over this
He is exactly the same as his new 52 design just without the red highlights and a alien face.
>Its like all the creative decisions done to Steppenwolf was reactive response to differ from Ares
And Apocalypse which would have happened had they made him a regular sized man in armor & not CGI.

The millenial silicon valley executive was a facade. You only see the true Luthor who is a ruthless, calculative monster in few key scenes. Like in the study of his father, a top of Lexcorp tower, etc. Rest of the time he's manipulating people by playing a part, trying to weasel his way through playing eccentric hip nouveau rich guy.

Nigga, are you blind? The only thing they have in common design wise is pointy helmets, and armor. They look nothing alike. Horns are wrong, and the armor looks melted on his body, not like it was crafted. Color isnt fixing that shit. Neither are what people want to admit the character actually looks like

You're last statement would have merit if it weren't for the fact that Justice League was seriously backpedaling the decisions made in the previous films. When you portray Superman as this cold, distant, destructive (yeah, remember the final act of man of Steel, really doing the right thing there with all that preventable collateral damage Clark) person, having your next film start with unseen footage of him acting totally down-to-earth to children and then have everyone say "he was an inspiration to us all" doesn't count as character development, that's a retcon. The whole second film was how everyone hated Superman but he was still given a state funeral and everyone in the world was mourning his loss like they had a reason to.

If this all somehow still counts to you as "character development," it shouldn't take three fucking films and an onscreen death for him to get there. He should've resembled his JL self in BvS, the battle with zod should've changed for the better. The fact we're having this arguments shows that the filmmakers didn't do Superman right.

>What the hell where they thinking?
That Kalibak would be too similar to Doomsday & not be able to talk believable in CGI with such a animalistic face.
That the furies would just come off as generic evil Amazons.
That Dessad is not a physical threat.

If this is what legitimately ran through Warner Bros. heads when they greenlit this then it just shows how little faith in the source material they have. And even so, if this was such a big creative problem, why didn't they just ditch the apokolips storyline for this movie and kick it further down the road? Have Brainiac or Starro be the villain while you figure out what to do with the new gods.

>all that preventable collateral damage

Nearly all of that destruction happened while Clark was on the other side of the planet, busy saving the world from the world engine.

Both BvS and Suicide Squad showed people seeing Superman as a hero who was then being mourned. After MoS they gave him a statue at the memorial. BvS just focused on the controversial side of him being a hero, because it was the driving force for the conflict of the story.

Starro is just another CGI monster. What's worse, he's the type of bad guy you can't even hit.

Racist much?

>destructive (yeah, remember the final act of man of Steel, really doing the right thing there with all that preventable collateral damage Clark)
Yes keeping Zod's focus on him & only him was the absolute right thing to do.
You can not break off in the middle of a 1 on 1 fight unless the villain is showboating which this Zod was not.
Trying to save people would have done nothing but cause Zod to double down on targeting them directly or sneak attack Clark (which we see proof of when Clark turns around to look up horrified at the parking garage explosion & Zod INSTANTLY attacks him)

> having your next film start with unseen footage of him acting totally down-to-earth to children and then have everyone say "he was an inspiration to us all" doesn't count as character developmen
> The whole second film was how everyone hated Superman
Except he was mostly loved in Bvs, he said himself "most of the world disagrees with your opinion Mr. Wayne" they just focused on the specific people critical of him because that was central to why he was emotionally down in the film.
>and everyone in the world was mourning his loss like they had a reason to
Because he saved billions of lives multiple times.

>If this all somehow still counts to you as "character development,"
It wasn't just that, your forgetting the critical moment before his death that he accepts this world, flaws and all, he accepts he can't please everyone, he chooses to focus on what makes him happy (lois) and do the right thing regardless if everyone appreciates it.

>He should've resembled his JL self in BvS, the battle with zod should've changed for the better
His battle with Zod would have nothing to do with helping him figure out how to deal with the barrage of misinformation/slander & speculation that he experiences in Bvs.

Why do they have to be New Gods villains anyway? They should've put Brainiac as the first villain of JL.
Everyone involved in the JL movie are dumb cunts.

Yes, he is, retard

>They should've put Brainiac as the first villain of JL.
See - Wonderful, he will look like the villain monsters from the 2011 Conan, exciting as fuck.

>he's the type of bad guy you can't even hit.
The very first Justice League story is about each Justice League member physically fighting a giant Starro in an epic battle. If they did it like that and made each hero fight a Starro in their own way and ultimately join and kill of the big boss Starro, then it would be a great action movie.

I was talking about the destruction he caused when fighting Zod, where consciously tackles Zod through buildings, causing countless millions of dollars worth of property damage and most likely killing thousands of people in the process. And BvS's main plot was driven by Superman being framed by Lex Luthor rather than his aforementioned actions in Mos. Instead of him acknowledging his misgivings and going "I understand you fear me but I'll still continue to do the right thing no matter what you say," he goes "Well fuck you guys I'm gonna go and bang Lois Lane, you entitled fucks."

Though to be fair, i didn't pick up on the mourning in Suicide Squad (I didn't see the full film because I heard it was shit), but from what you've told me it highlights my main issue. They focused less on his heroic acts and more on how the public grew to fear him (the plot of Suicide Squad if I remember was that the Government wanted a force to combat a Superman that EVUL). I'm not saying you shouldn't put Superman in a heroic light all the time, but when you hardly do that, and do it poorly in BvS's case, it makes the positive effects he has on people seem less genuine.

Don't get mad at me for calling out your bullshit. Just because you lack the imagination to use something like Starro doesn't mean the idea is shit

>where consciously tackles Zod through buildings
Never happened in the Metropolis fight.
Only the 711 in Smallville which was a accident, he was looking down at Zod's face durin the second half of the flight.

In Metropolis he collided with Zod along 1 building leaving a crator, dragged Zod's face through some Windows & tackled him through some bars at a construction site.
That is IT.

A lot of my opinions I already put intobut i'll address some of things here quickly.
>Trying to save people would have done nothing but cause Zod to double down on targeting them
Clark shouldn't have needed to consider saving people if he had just thrown Zod out of the way. Earlier in the film he battles the Kryptonians in Smallville and consciously knocks them into town when there are plenty of empty cornfields to fight them in. Had he of made the effort to get Zod away from metropolis in the beginning, he wouldn't of coursed so much damage.
>Except he was mostly loved in Bvs, he said himself "most of the world disagrees with your opinion Mr. Wayne" they just focused on the specific people critical of him because that was central to why he was emotionally down in the film.
This is fine in principle, but like I said in it feels disingenuous when Superman is praised when all we see of him is being ridiculed by people. That's why I like him in JL, he wasn't being bashed on all the time, so when he actively did something heroic it had weight behind it. Yeah! Superman is here to save the day! If you don't have enough of those moments sprinkled in, you feel dissatisfied with the Man of steel you end up with.

Here is the full fight...
youtube.com/watch?v=WRt_UVxgQZk
youtube.com/watch?v=6qaK0tW1APY

>In Metropolis he collided with Zod along 1 building leaving a crator
In the first vid at 3:15
> tackled him through some bars at a construction site.
At the start of 2nd vid.
> dragged Zod's face through some Windows
2nd Vid 0:29
You see it's a spontaneous reaction to Zod punching him into the building opposite.

I guess technically he pushes him into the train station but Zod is the one that sent them back to earth, Clark only gained the upper hand during the last part of the decent.

Show me 1 other time he punched/pushed or threw Zod into a building in the Metropolis fight, I dare you.

>Clark shouldn't have needed to consider saving people if he had just thrown Zod out of the way
The size of the population centers around Metropolis are massive there is no simply throwing Zod anywhere.
> Had he of made the effort to get Zod away from metropolis in the beginning, he wouldn't of coursed so much damage.
And he did try and punch Zod away from the skyscrapers as you see in pic related but Zod swerved back in at the last minute.

>Clark shouldn't have needed to consider saving people if he had just thrown Zod out of the way.

Like when their fight briefly goes to space and Zod easily redirects it back to land in Metropolis?

>Earlier in the film he battles the Kryptonians in Smallville and consciously knocks them into town when there are plenty of empty cornfields to fight them in
He only did that once at the very beginning when he tackled Zod into the 711 by accident.
He later tries to drag Faora out of town as you see in pic related but was tackled by Non.
And he later punched Non into the train yard which is not ideal but still better then mainstreet.

Ah, I see where I was mistaken, I remembered the scene from 1:30 of the 2nd vid differently, you can blame my memory for that. However, there were several scenes in this where Clark could've easily minimized the damage he and Zod caused. Why did he take zod back to Earth? Why not finish him in space? Okay, solar radiation will keep him alive, but why not take him far away from a populated area, why take him back to metropolis?
At 1:42 in the first vid Zod is overwhelmed by his powers, why not take this opportunity to take him away while he is distracted. Instead Clark is dumbfounded. This comes back to haunt him in the second clip, as from 0:29 to 0:56 he causes serious damage because he let him and Zod to fight in Metropolis. Whether or not it was intentional, Superman was responsible for not taking care of Zod quick enough to minimize the destruction caused by their fight. This in turn, as I've said, makes his supposedly heroic sacrifice less impactful when he is shown to cause more harm than good.

Actually Clark knocks Faora into a petrol station after she threatens his mother. Sure you could say he was overwhelmed by emotion but he still could've hit her back into the cornfields after she was dazed by the blast.

Cyborg was a highlight of the movie for me. He's the only one who had any development

> Why did he take zod back to Earth?
He didn't.
See pic related at 1:10 in the 2nd vid.
Zod punching Clark's face in as they re-enter the atmosphere.
Clark didn't gain the upper hand in the flight until 1:32 when they were already well within Metropolis's airspace.

But where's Supergirl?! KAL literally has no family without her.

>Superman was responsible for not taking care of Zod quick enough to minimize the destruction caused by their fight.
He has no way to end the fight quicker then he did barring snapping his neck earlier which he had no idea he would even be able to do.
He got him in the headlock simply to restrain him.

>This in turn, as I've said, makes his supposedly heroic sacrifice less impactful when he is shown to cause more harm than good.
I say it makes it MORE impactful.
A person struggling & striving to do good through incredible hardship is more inspiring then someone who acomplishes good easily with no downsides.

Daily reminder that MOS is the best DCEU movie. I'm so proud of my cousin!

>A person struggling & striving to do good through incredible hardship is more inspiring then someone who acomplishes good easily with no downsides.

Yeah, but see that's the problem. People don't seem to want to see Superman struggle. They want Silver Age daddy figure escapism Superman who fixes everything with deus ex machina bullshit so that they can feel safe and secure because Superman always saves the day without anybody getting gets as much as a pricked finger.

No it was Zod he tackled into the gas station and again it was a accident he was looking down at Zod's face during the 2nd half of the flight. See pic related.

He did tackle Faora into a IHOP but he had little choice in that as he was tackling her from slaughtering another A-10 pilot.

Any thoughts as to where Supergirl might be in the DCEU?

Really hope they don't use her at all.

Why not? Are you talking about Melissa Benmoist or Supergirl in general?

Cyborg on the league has been a thing for years and they can't change it. Blame geoff johns.