After all of the hype I didnt expect this shit to get to me but holy fuck, what a gut punch of an ending...

After all of the hype I didnt expect this shit to get to me but holy fuck, what a gut punch of an ending. I actually did tear up.

Good news everyone! This sad moment was retconned in one of the movies. A time clone of Fry returns for Seymour and stays for the rest of Seymour's life, which means everyone's favorite bittersweet ending never actually happened!

I remember watching that while enjoying a few beers with friends. The melancholy ending caught us off guard for sure. Futurama had several heart-felt episodes, it's partly what makes that show so great. "Luck of the Fryish" and "Leela's Homeworld" come to immediate mind.

>Supposed greatest scene in western animation history is a rip off
Eh.

Fucking Lars with his beard and fancy education.

Actually he leaves for years at a time narwhal hunting.

Literally everything is a rip off of something else

Just wait for Luck of the Fryish.

MODS

This show made me cry four separate times as a kid

>bittersweet
It was a complete downer ending.
I am happy he didn't have to suffer after all.

I'm guessing the "sweet" part that user was referring to was the fact that Seymour didn't forget all about Fry and just move on. Of course the bitter part was that he never moved on.

Why is the song abruptly cut off in the end credits?
Not finishing with the "YOOOOUUUU!!!" felt underwhelming.

Leela is bad at math.

Why are Fry family episodes so bittersweet?

We're led to believe that his family didn't care for himbat the beginning of the series. But each Fry family episode proves otherwise in some way.

Luck of the Fryrish is better

I read the spoilers on it and went into the episode knowing what the gut punch was. It still fucking hurt. That's the sign of good writing where knowing the twists doesn't dampen as much the work. The only other work that did that to me was Watchmen.

Also much more original story than hachiko.

He didn't die at the end though; Seymour died on his feet.

This. I think the episode where Leela eats that honey hit me harder than the dead dog episode did too.

Yeah. Dog was good but luck was just fucking terrific.

She was ever gangbanged as a child or somethin'?
Takin' cookies from unknown source.
Great fuckin' one, you little one-eyed turd