Red Hood & The Outlaws #18 Preview

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2017/12/21/his-name-is-not-stupido-scott-lobdell-on-rhato-rebirth-and-reductionist-criticism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And that's it

Next issue tho

My favorite ship is Jason x Illyana. I know I'm asking too much but this is better than nothing.

Illyana?

>creeper

Rasputin.

Uh, that is a ship I wasn't expecting

The date?

Lobdell's Queen Bee is top wife.

So the other girl is a ripoff of magik

C-c-creeper!? Man....that would be a wonderful 4th party member.

>She will never turn your mind to cold oatmeal
Feels bad man :(

Yup, that is March's WIP for the variant

She's right though. Metropolis needs a home team of Super heroes. Lord knows it's seen plenty spin off from superman like Steel. Loose Canon, Sparx, Edge etc..

Creeper fuck yeah!

Shame it won't go anywhere since Lobdell is against them being together.

Is this lady related to the Teen Titans Hive thing or just Lobdell doing his thing

why is she thin

What the fuck? Why? They have the most perfect chemistry with eachother than any other DC couple.

Lobdell used her before in New52 Superman

batman-news.com/2017/12/21/his-name-is-not-stupido-scott-lobdell-on-rhato-rebirth-and-reductionist-criticism/

>You have to remember that both Jason and Artemis are two tragically-flawed peopled. They have both experienced a lot of trauma in their lives and I doubt either one of them are in a place (yet) where they really have the tools they need to build and maintain a healthy relationship with anyone, let alone each other. And, spoiler alert, things are going to get even worse emotionally for all three of them in the coming months.

>But yes, there have been times where it has been expressed to me by the powers at be [that I should have] have Jason and Artemis get together, but I’ve resisted the notion. I just don’t think it serves either character. I don’t think that, given their individual histories, they are a natural fit in a romantic way.

>Can that change over time? Absolutely. People change. People grow. In real life and in comics.

>But for the moment I just don’t see it happening. I think right now, they are better off being partners who razz each other, are fiercely loyal to each other, maybe even love the other—but don’t need to express that love romantically by kissing each other or sleeping together. But for the JaRtemis ‘shippers out there, hold out hope. I could be fired tomorrow and another writer might think it is a great idea!

So not only are they not going to get together but it seems things are going to get worse between them inb4 he has Artemis cuck Jason

Editorial are the ones pushing for it and maybe Soy as well since he seems to ship them. Normally I side with the creative team but in this case I really hope editorial put their foot down.

Wow fuck him.

>fuck him.
Lobdel is the one who created the chemistry between them you love so much. But now "fuck him"? How fickle do you have to be to do a 180 like this

>Lobdel is the one who created the chemistry between them you love so much.
But from what we know he's not, that's editorial. They've been pushing for it from the start while he's been against it from the get-go. Hell he didn't even originally even want Artemis and Bizarro on the Rebirth team, he wanted Starfires brother and Gorilla Grodd.

So a hell of a lot that people love about the book is thanks purely to editorial.

>3 Brothers
>Not including Duke
>Racism intensifies

Lobdell had a page literally exactly this in his superman run

>he wanted Starfires brother and Gorilla Grodd.
wow fuck him even more. What a cunt.
oh well shipfaggotry is pointless in comics anyway since the heroes always end up with the WORST love interests. It's going to be same here.

yep, that's why I can't get excited for the issue. Lobdell is gonna come up with bs reasons why they wouldn't work as a couple

>Lobdell is against pointless and forced romance bullshit
Good. It's damn refreshing that a writer wants to avoid having characters fuck just because they're of opposite genders.

t. fujoshit

>having characters fuck just because they're of opposite genders.
But that's not why people want Jason and Artemis to get together. People want them specifically becasue they have great chemistry and it would be a nice twist to have the "edgy failed" Robin be the only one in a stable romantic relationship.

No one really shipped Jason and Starfire when they were in the Outlaws together.

>great chemistry
>"These characters get along, therefore they should fuck."
Grow up.

>Soy not doing art for this one
I'll admit that Soy's art has spoiled me to the point where if I don't see his name on the cover I go in being a little bit dissapointed.

Hopefully he does the art for Artemis and Jason's date

He admits that for the time being he can't see them being together, but also admits that can change in the future

Have some faith, user.

>Lobdell wanted Gorilla Grodd and SF's brother
Thank god that didn't happen. I don't think there's been a single iteration of GG that I've liked

>ignoring their constant flirting and teasing of one another
>both saw themselves as failures and outcasts
>have grown incredibly close to one another
>essentially raising a child together
Yeah man, it's totally just becasue they get along.

I have bad news for you user, the date issue is being drawn by Marcio Takara. Soy and Gandini are back until issue 20

Why was Bizarro being all creepy?

>Those thighs

I would like to die by having my face crushed by them.

BREASTO FI-YAAAA

>Editorial are the ones pushing for it
I have to assume that whoever is currently in charge has taken a firm hand given how shit-tastic pretty much everything he did during Nu52 turned out and how vast the improvement has been since Rebirth.

The opposite in fact.

His work through N52 and DC You was constantly derailed by Editorial breathing down his neck and asking for last minute changes. Now he's finally given some breathing room and allowed to see his plots until the end with no pressure from editorial.

>Hell he didn't even originally even want Artemis and Bizarro on the Rebirth team, he wanted Starfires brother and Gorilla Grodd
Dude what? Johns giving Lobdell Bizarro and Artemis was the reason why hr even agreed to write RHATO again despite being against it when DC called him. So, making up bs.

The one where she's caressing Superbro right?

Good, get fucked shippers. Just because two people with opposite genders are on a team doesn't mean they need to fuck. Simon and Jessica don't jump into the same bed, nor must Jason and Artemis.

>Me am Me
Looks like Bizarro is going back to stupid in this issue.

Duke is a brotha.

Duke is a mistake

Way I see it, he wants less reasons for them to crash and burn long term if someone else starts writing it instead of just having them bang because people want them to bang. It feels like they are growing towards being together anyway, yeah, but you have to have patience. Because right now, neither seems to be looking for someone to date, just someone to be and be with. The kind of lonely where you can hardly think of others in that light because of how much has gone on in life and you just need an anchor for a bit before you can even think like that. Anyone else ever been that lonely?

That's for the better really

He is the kid on cultural exchange

Jason just knows which robin will stay canon no matter what

Easy to see it implying Jason believes Duke is the one who wouldn't consider Jason brainless.

She is Jessica Rabbit on steroids

Jessica Rabbit didn't have a teleporting axe and raise a dumb Frankenstein monster

Bizarro is not for bully

I liked the idea of Metropolis basically being where all the wannabe's go. Everyone goes to Supermans town to show their shit. Like hollywood, but instead of acting its hero/villaining, with 90% shitting themselves the first time they come face to face with the real deal.

>dumb Frankenstein monster

How dare you sir, how dare you.

Algernon is reaching its conclusion soon, you and I all know it

Two good looking single people that spend all of their time together day and night and have chemistry together would fuck. It’s you who needs to grow up.

He is a good boy either way don't bully

I agree with lobdell. Ever since they met I always thought they had a annoying sibling relationship