Animaniacs Revived at Hulu With 2-Season Order

Dope or Nope?
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/animaniacs-revived-at-hulu-2-season-order-1071663

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZKzq_fKops
twitter.com/MAURICELAMARCHE/status/949046622293434368
youtube.com/watch?v=HNdbKLIw5rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know, I always felt like Animaniacs was a product of it's time. Doing it today will just results in disaster since it won't be able to get away with the stuff they got in the 90s

Nope. Politically correct TV (even if hulu) doesn't mesh well with animaniacs.

Ugh.

That looks like its entirely new artwork (and the article sources it from Hulu) so...thats awesome that they haven't made a significant design change.

What about the original VAs?

>Fan favorite characters like Pinky and the Brain will also return

Holy shit. Happening.

seriously can WB just go bankrupt already?

All of them are still alive and capable

Although the smoking seems to have caught up with Tress

*90s remembering intensifies*

People forget: For every funny Warners segment or Pinky and the Brain segment, you had ten shitty Buttons and Mindy, Hip Hippos or "please give us an Emmy" segments (like the one about Thomas Jefferson's candle).

The grade point average for Animaniacs was probably a C- at best. But thanks to you tube, we've been able to single out only the good segments and forget the metric ton of unfunny crap that buffered each of them.

>Hulu
>not Netflix
Shit.

Maybe they'll only focus on the good segments?
Oh who am I kidding, of course they won't.
What I'm actually interested in is if they'll try and do the soundtrack in full orchestral style like the original.

Goodbye Hello Nurse.

Goodbye Minerva Mink.

it's the first step in the inevitable sell to Disney

Minerva was gone from the show before it even finished

Nice try Famicom, I won't fall for your lies aga-
>it's real
Well fuck.

I mean they only did a couple of Minerva shorts and stopped due to network/parent complains at the time. Although she was a popular character and appeared in side-media a ton afterwards.
If anything they might bring her back.

>Hulushit

I'm still holding my breath...source could be totally fake.

Netflix sucks ass now. Hulu has 30 Rock and Always Sunny.

But who's writing for it?

cautiously optimistic. I think if there was any better time to lampoon Hollywood and the culture, it be now.

Even the not-shit segments were just the same joke run over and over and over again. Like the Goodfeathers.
>Squit says something innocuous
>Pesto screams THAT'S IT and beats him up in a dust cloud
And that's it. Every single Goodfeathers segment, that's all they did. And it was one of the "better" segments in Animaniacs. Not Pinky and the Brain, but not motherfucking Buttons and Mindy, at least.

Rita and Runt was pretty fuckin good most of the time, though.

Depends are the Japs animating it?

>earlier, at the hulu board of investors meeting

Are they implying this show will ONLY be the Warners/Pinky&Brain? No Goodfeathers, Slappy Squirrel, etc?

THIS FAKE NEWS AGAIN?

This was just TMSfag making memes caused he is fucked in the cerebellum.

>Although she was a popular character

She was? Being hot is not the same as being popular. I honestly thought she was an unlikable bitch. Canonically being a shallow greedy harlot didn't make me miss her.

IMO the best parts of Animaniacs were the Warner Brothers, Slappy, Pinky and the Brain, and Good Idea Bad Idea. Minerva was good two but I also feel like two shorts isn't really enough to judge.
Goodfeathers, Rita and Runt, Randy Beaman, and their songs were either ok or hit/miss.
The rest could get trashed, especially the hippos. Man fuck the hippos.

IT'S TIME FOR ANIMANIACS

She was a fan and staff favorite. Yeah she's not exactly likable but she was thrown into tons of side media, especially the comics, for a reason. I'm not talking with my dick, I'm talking with other people's dicks.

Why are they letting a giant chicken sit in the meeting?

>Even the not-shit segments were just the same joke run over and over and over again.

Oh god, Chicken Boo. That was funny ONCE. Maybe.

>He's a giant chicken!
>lol
>He's a giant chicken!
>lol
>He's a giant chicken!
>lol oh shit he IS a giant chicken!

Animaniacs could have 1 example of excellent writing and 4 examples of zero effort writing all in the same episode.

They just couldn’t do a new Looney Tunes, could they?

TMS FAG WAS RIGHT AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

The hell are you talking about user that’s clearly just another Hulu executive

I don't even remember the Hippos. Either I missed all the episodes with them or that's just a testament to how boring they were.

Katie Ka-Boom also got old really fast.

eugh

I hope their comedy is on point like before, but I'm worried nonetheless

>TMS FAG WAS RIGHT AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

By accident. He said Animaniacs and Tiny Toons were getting reboots funded by TMS in Japan because they own the rights to the series.

Keep in mind TMS Autist also said that TMS would be animating the DuckTales reboot because one of their animators posted a photo of a Chinese takeout menu that had duck on it on twitter. When the DuckTales reboot had nothing to do with TMS, he walked it back and said that TMS was fired by Disney for being too expensive and his proof was in his asshole.

Basically, he just says that everything is getting a reboot eventually and the law of averages sways his way now and then.

Fair enough. Still, Minerva did nothing for me. And yet Slappy who you could argue is unlikable given what a grumpy killjoy cynic she was? She still delivered laughs.

Animaniacs HD remaster a la Batman the Animated Series when?

Who will the Warners lust after now?

From what I've heard, Rob would be more than willing to play Yakko again.

Be prepared for wacky jokes about TEXTING, EMOTICONS, and DONALD TRUMP

Can't wait!

>And yet Slappy who you could argue is unlikable given what a grumpy killjoy cynic she was? She still delivered laughs.

Slappy had Skippy to help balance her out and show that she cared about other people, even a little. Plus, she had a pretty funny origin (a member of the original Looney Tunes cast that nobody liked, so she aged into resentful Hollywood obscurity).

Minerva was just "I'm pretty and men do wildtakes at me until I see a hot guy and then *I* do the wildtake!" I know she only had 2 shorts, but c'mon. This was Animaniacs where most shorts were just the same joke on loop for 6 minutes. Even if she had 10 more shorts, they'd have all been the same thing.

>I mean they only did a couple of Minerva shorts and stopped due to network/parent complains at the time.

I swear this is why everybody is fucking gay now.

there's one airing right now...

Slappy is the best thing about Animaniacs.

If this real I'm most excited for mime time, good idea bad idea, and the wheel of morality.

So which series had the best Good Segments to Bad Segment ratio? Animaniacs or Tiny Toons? Because both seemed to favor quantity over quality and we were lucky if one out of the 3 shorts in any episode was actually a little funny.

As with pretty much everything that "returns" or is "revived" it'll be dog shit.

>WB decides to recast
>Kristen Schaal is cast as Dot and the writers find her zany energy SO FUNNY that Dot is reworked to be a Mabel/Louise/Generic Kristen Schaal character

It'll happen. Or, if we're LUCKY, we might get Tara Strong on autopilot.

>implying Dot would ever stop shlicking to her psycho husbando

Incorporate Freakazoid, you know you want to.

At least they won't recast Pinky and the Brain.

Right?

That's honestly kind of a tough call, they both would flip wildly around in quality.
I'd be tempted to say Animaniacs was better because the Spielberg stuff generally improved as it went on, but some things like Hippos and Katie Kaboom make me think Tiny Toons may have been more tolerable overall. I do think when Animaniacs hit, it hit harder than Tiny Toons though.

Why didn’t they just remake Freakazoid? I feel like that would be better set in today’s time than Animaniacs.

Because they like meat too much. Serious answer because he's not as well known.

Some reminders to curb your enthusiasm:

It will be in the Cal-arts style and suck.

The writing will not be nearly as good.

The jokes will not be as funny because of PC culture.

It will have at least two episodes devoted to social or political things like feminism or transgender support.

It will not make fun of celebrities and political figures the writers and producers agree with personally.

tl;dr
This will be bland as all fuck.

If they recast Wakko, by default they recast Pinky

>Cal-arts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Cal-Arts style
the ORIGINAL Animaniacs was Cal-Arts Style you idoiot.
I swear you guys just throw insults around without knowing what they mean.

>calls someone an idiot
>can’t spell idiot

ignoringsomeonespointbecausetheymadeaminortypo.jpg

No, the ORIGINAL Animaniacs was a bunch of CalArts retards trying to draw what they thought was Golden Age Termite Terrace style characters but without any wherewithal to do so, confusing Clampet pear-shape body design with Pat Sullivan and Ub Iwerks rubber hose physics.

CalArts has never been competent, just expensive and well connected within the industry.

>Parent complaints

What

Will they cut her out for the same reason Miss Bellum was cut from PPG 2016?

People calling in and complaining that she was too sexual blah blah blah. It was very common for parents to call into TV network studios to voice concerns about content in the pre/early internet days.

I don't think there has ever been any proof posted that Minerva was dropped as a starring character because of complaints. Tiny Toons also dropped Fifi as a starring character after only 2 or 3 shorts. It was likely because their shorts just weren't funny and their gimmick was so limited that there was nothing to do with them but the same thing again and again.

wow. racist

Look, putting your dick aside, did ANYONE ever actually laugh at the Fifi or Minerva cartoons? Was there anything that was actually funny about them?

If you aren't watching to jack off to the cartoon animals, they're actually really boring. And they're all clones of each other that follow the same formula with the same ending.

Seems like Brain is on board.

Well, they NEED Maurice Lamarche more than any other original cast member, because he did 99% of all the celebrity impersonations. It's like if they ever tried to revive The Critic, they'd need him more than they'd need Jon Luvitz (incidentally, Lamarche also does a flawless Jon Luvitz impression).

>Lamarche also does a flawless Jon Luvitz impression
I used to think Lovitz voiced the villain Cheapo on Stripperlla, until watching it again recently and suddenly realised it was actually Maurice.

That was the first one that came to mind, yeah (and I hate having to admit I watched that terrible show). But he also voiced a cameo from the "real" Lovitz on The Critic as a gag, and if no one told you it was Lamarche you'd have never done that Lovitz didn't do it himself.

Basically this.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZKzq_fKops

"am I a cutie, absolutey, and a beauty you bet your patootie.
But if you touch me, or even get near me, I'll have you arrested, do you hear me?"

Sounds familiar from the hyperfeminist camps, even if that wasn't the original intent. At least we may have some educational songs thrown in.

I liked Newt. It was simply a different approach to the road runner cartoons.

Sup Forums will blast it for being a meme show and being too different from the original, forgetting the incredible emphasis the original series had on pop culture

Yes, I am excited for more Pinky & the Brain--oh, and the other guys, I guess.

twitter.com/MAURICELAMARCHE/status/949046622293434368

>Rita and Runt was pretty fuckin good most of the time, though.

>Post flash, post internet memes, post Adventure Time Animaniacs revival

NO YOU FUCKING MORONS IT'S A TRAP!

>animaniacs with modern animation

this is duck tales all over again....and people will actually defend that fucking animation because they don't want people to think they're old farts who don't like anything new.

>Not liking Bernadette Peters' singing

Peasant.

The hell are you on about?

And nothing of value was lost

Why did you have to go and tell the truth?
I wanted to be excited about this.
youtube.com/watch?v=HNdbKLIw5rs

Dude that's one of the co writers for the new series

I wanna say nope but Animaniacs has a lot of pop culture bits that don't age well. Personally I enjoy that stuff as I see it as a time capsule of that era and I'd look forward to the same thing today.

Problem is that Animaniacs was a 'push the envelope' kind of show and in today's time shows are more about 'broadening/ diversifying' that envelope. Either way I got time to watch it.

Don't diss the Rita and Runt segments, tasteless pal.

While we're talking about Animaniacs, why did they give her such sexual movements and poses? Her voice is just music to my ears.

Ah man, John K is going to be pissed

Sometimes you need stuff in-between laughs in a comedy show, today most writers go for the 'feels'.

When he played Mortimer Mouse on Disney's House of Mouse he sounded exactly like Jon Lovitz there, too.

Did Lovitz retire from acting?

strangely Freakazoid isn't on Hulu yet(which is weird when you consider they have the abomination that is Pinkie, Elmyra, & The Brain on there)

could always be something they do later(who knows maybe they'll have him show up on the new Animaniacs seasons at some point)

>Problem is that Animaniacs was a 'push the envelope' kind of show and in today's time shows are more about 'broadening/ diversifying' that envelope. Either way I got time to watch it.
on the other hand it is going to be an online show so they've got a bit more free range than a Network made cartoon would have

I wanna see a Steven Universe analog get his shit pushed in by the Warners.

>Did Lovitz retire from acting?

No, he was recently in an episode of Justice League Action and regularly reprises his scattered Simpsons roles now and again (but nobody notices because it's Zombie Simpsons).

His career is just kinda... over, that's all.

>the incredible emphasis the original series had on pop culture
That was shit though

Family Guy has announced on its 20th anniversary that they will have an uninterrupted, commercial free episode.

>Nope

Doug Walker must literally be bouncing off the walls and AnimatedJames must be literally crapping his adult diaper.

How desperate is Hulu? Netflix is the Kleenex for online viewing and Amazon has a service to fall back on. Jeffrey Tambor has been blacklisted along with Hulu's most famous series. Runaways sucks, and nobody cares about latest seasons or we have Fox shows now. Holy crud.

>Family Guy has announced on its 20th anniversary
Wait a minute. Family Guy has been going on for 20 years?

I think it premiered in 1999, so it's almost there.